Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? (20146 Views)

How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping / Can You Allow This Okada Rider Take You To Your Destination? Photo / Pictures Of The New International Terminal At MMIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by Empiree: 7:27am On Oct 10, 2021
Amarisco:

Is it really overhyped if you have to be this ready for combat? I no fit laff grin grin grin grin
grin
Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by IFEBARBIE: 7:29am On Oct 10, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:
Loooool,
Vicdon
Felicity001
Cheerfulgiver
FuckEveryDay
BAZ001
Pearl
Tunlapapa
They say you guys are kidnappers grin grin
[img]https://media1./images/7d5b9d7341d10667f2867a892370eb28/tenor.gif?itemid=13738821[/img]
Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by Octopusssy(f): 7:44am On Oct 10, 2021
ednut1:
Baseless fear, have you heard of anyone kidnapped by uber driver or airport taxi Nawa for some people sha
Don't blame him. The kind of news that comes out of Nigeria everyday is scary
Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by ashawopikin(m): 7:45am On Oct 10, 2021
uncleck:
If you're not a politician or a celebrity, just calm down and stop being paranoid. Nobody knows you. VIPs use Uber in Nigeria and nobody reason them. But in case you're still scared, just take an Uber to a hotel not too far from the airport. Sit at the bar or reception and book another one to another hotel in another location. You're good to go. Make sure you don't speak Queen's English.
that last advice, very imporant

Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by Lavisha(f): 7:53am On Oct 10, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

This is what I do as someone that is always security conscious with some security experience , once I land I take a ride from the airport, you can use any other app,if I am going to a hotel in ikeja, I would tell the ride that picked me from the airport to drop me at a bus stop where I can get another ride and from there I would take that ride to my destination and that way you can stay safe and some times I take up to 3 rides, remember na you know the valuables way you carry, after working hard under the sun/rain in Brazil , I don't want to get FUped in my own country
Radarada.
SMH.
Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by Lavisha(f): 7:56am On Oct 10, 2021
Dear OP, Lagos Uber is safe.

Lagos is not NW, NE, NC or SE.

Lagos is the safest place in Nigeria.

I would pick you for free but I'm outta Lagos.

If the fear too much for your body, don't come then.

1 Like

Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by JuanDeDios: 8:05am On Oct 10, 2021
CondemnBattery:
angry
Uber and Bolt are literally the safest means of transportation in Lagos. Personally I use Uber everyday. Both for self and business
This is my experience too. If people have had security issues with Uber, I'd like to hear them.

1 Like

Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by Idaytesj29(m): 8:09am On Oct 10, 2021
oldienavie:
Hi guys, I need experiences from people flying into Nigeria(MMIA) Lagos.
My family is not going to be able to meet me at the airport this time and I am weighing up my options with transit.

I have a friend who said he knows someone that does transportation that he can come pick me up and take me to an hotel, however I am a little skeptical with that option with the high rates of insecurity in the country.

My opinion is that sometimes being annonymous to your service provider is better, but I am a little concerned with the security level of Uber in Lagos.

Are uber drivers known to kidnap their clients particularly people boarding them at MMIA ?

Can uber hold their drivers responsible if something untoward were to happen to their clients, or if they are known to connive with kidnappers etc ?

I just need experienced info and also from uber drivers to make a better decision.

THanks all.

uber bolt taxify is safe. stop worrying, most of them are graduates employed but wants to make more money for their family sake. others are doing it full time as a job. many of them owns the vehicle. they are safe 90% of the time, they the endangered one sef with car snatching, traffick robbery and rider attack. 5 of them had been killed this year alone.

1 Like

Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by JuanDeDios: 8:11am On Oct 10, 2021
dheilaw1:
I can drive you to anywhere safely if you don't mind. I can even make myself available to your people for verification of identity and even drop every means of identification including that of my wife and son for your people to know you are in a safe hand
This one na serious verification. If were the op, I'd use you in an instant.
Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by elmagnifico411(m): 8:22am On Oct 10, 2021
In Lagos,. It is still kinda safe provided you're not a public figure..

Ok. I drive with Uber/bolt so I know it is. Though, most drivers don't come to d airport cos of the hassles those airport taxis create, but we still come for drop offs at the departure. If u book online, and a driver accepts, most times he'll want to turn u down cos of the troubles, but u can tell him to meet u at the car park, he wouldn't fail to do so cos that's d safest place to pick a rider, from experience. When he arrives, put your luggages in d trunk and sit in front. I advice u sit in front so wateva call he's trying to make, you'd see everything. Normally/professionally, we're not even supposed to make a call while on a trip so u can chip that in. You can also engage d driver in a guy to guy gist, and check is countenance. But then again, when a driver is registered with these ehailing bodies, they hardly mess up. Before I forget, this is eat u can check again.. once u request for the ride and a driver is being assigned to u, you'd see a right under his picture d amount of rides he's completed. Once it's up to a thousand, u can tell he's not a new guy in d business and mostly would want to keep his job safe. U can also check his rating.

oldienavie:
My family is not going to be able to meet me at the airport this time and I am weighing up my options with transit.

I have a friend who said he knows someone that does transportation that he can come pick me up and take me to an hotel, however I am a little skeptical with that option with the high rates of insecurity in the country.

My opinion is that sometimes being annonymous to your service provider is better, but I am a little concerned with the security level of Uber in Lagos.

Are uber drivers known to kidnap their clients particularly people boarding them at MMIA ?

Can uber hold their drivers responsible if something untoward were to happen to their clients, or if they are known to connive with kidnappers etc ?

I just need experienced info and also from uber drivers to make a better decision.

THanks all.
Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by FuckEveryday: 8:33am On Oct 10, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:
Loooool,
Vicdon
Felicity001
Cheerfulgiver
FuckEveryDay
BAZA001
Pearl
They say you guys are kidnappers grin grin
Highest the trip no go pass 10k...Make e use airport taxi and leave us alone angry
All dis IJGB...fit b say na Pakistan e dey come from so angry

2 Likes

Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by mu2sa2: 8:35am On Oct 10, 2021
ednut1:
Baseless fear, have you heard of anyone kidnapped by uber driver or airport taxi Nawa for some people sha
Don't mind them. Op maybe has paranoia about safety by reading too much of the stuff renegades like ipob miscreants are posting online to portray our dear native land of Nigeria in a bad light. There's no- where on earth that's absolutely safe. In fact, as a naija man you're much safer moving from murtala mohammed into Lagos city than from Oliver Tambo into Jo'borg city.
Op when you arrive just take the same precaution you will take anywhere else. Bolt and uber are safe - after all, when last did we hear of criminal incidents involving uber or bolt drivers anywhere in Nigeria. The drivers are guys struggling to earn a decent living, not criminals.
Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by osazuwa23: 8:48am On Oct 10, 2021
op not that deep call uber or bolt or have someone you know come and drop you off your causing unecessary wahala
oldienavie:

THanks all.
Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by Mitishi: 8:57am On Oct 10, 2021
tripplephi:

I HAVE BEEN IN YOUR SHOES MANY TIMES... here is the solution I used.

I booked an hotel in Ikeja that has an airport pickup service... so anytime I arrive Lagos Nigeria, I simply call the number of the driver, then call the hotel booking number for confirmation, take a snapshot of the car and driver and send to someone I can trust and also my location will be shared on whatsapp while the ride is on..... then I get to the hotel, if I like, I can cancel the room and leave or complete the payment and stay

Even at the airport there are CAB SERVICES that you can negotiate to your budget, also there are hotel services....

Anonymity is good and I prefer being in the country for a few days earlier than the time everyone expects.

Please tell me how you make your hotel reservation online.

I have tried booking hotels but difficult to make payments and some number started calling me that they are agents for the hotel.

Guys, could it be that the system is hacked or payment online is not allowed?

Thanks a million to anyone who is ready to guide me.
Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by Mitishi: 9:01am On Oct 10, 2021
dheilaw1:
I can drive you to anywhere safely if you don't mind. I can even make myself available to your people for verification of identity and even drop every means of identification including that of my wife and son for your people to know you are in a safe hand

How much from MM airport to Abeokuta?
Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by zeestone99(m): 9:02am On Oct 10, 2021
oldienavie:

THanks all.

How much will you pay me to come and pick you and drop at your destination. Juicy offer only o.
Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by lifenajeje(m): 9:32am On Oct 10, 2021
Spain007:

Normally the wise uber/bolt guys drives to the park and wait there for their clients...that way it looks like a friend/family came to pick you up.

This is good news

Thanks for the tips
Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by olorunoba(m): 9:44am On Oct 10, 2021
I have read all the trend and everyone is free to his opinion. Uber is not a Nigerian company if u don't know. If u can use uber abroad then u can in Nigeria they don't compromise on their standard. U r insured on every trip and u can shared locations to ur loved ones. Moreover they have the data based of all their drivers intact. U are free to choose which serves u right anyway. Enjoy ur stay
Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by odaniel1(m): 9:53am On Oct 10, 2021
Share your location with a trusted friend or switch rides/hotels whilst you move. Simple.
Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by YourVILAGEpeple(m): 10:21am On Oct 10, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

You are looking for security right? And it does not come easy, the point is the 2nd drive won't know you are coming from the airport, you could be coming from the bus park
Nice... And Do away with this Bag Tag as it gives you aways because someone that smart will know ya coming from the Airport

1 Like

Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by pocohantas(f): 11:28am On Oct 10, 2021
JeffreyJames:

Lmao the matter just weak me.

In a bid to be too security conscious, they end up drawing unwanted attention to themselves.

The bad news on the frontpage might be getting to him, because I don’t get his paranoia. People that are richer than returnees are moving all over Lagos with Uber daily and no one has killed them. Uber drivers are the ones that are scared now, because the way they are killing and robbing them currently calls for concern.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by dheilaw1(m): 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
Mitishi:

How much from MM airport to Abeokuta?
lets talk pls.. zero 8 zero three five one one 5 three three 5.... Or drop yours I'll call you
Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by emmyN(m): 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
The question sounds stupid and paranoid. There are lots of abroad returnees that shuttle in and out of the country without much ado. You are not even white angry

1 Like

Re: Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ? by bezimo(m): 2:18am On Nov 20, 2021
ziondaughter247:
Some of these abroad people and their exaggerated sense of paranoia. Noone cares about you! The important thing is that you should never show yourself too much in a country like Nigeria. This goes for people also living in Nigeria. Maintain a low profile and you're good to go..

You live in useless frustrated Nigeria in probably a poverty decorated area and you are talking about abroad people..will you keep quiet there. When you enter plane and manage to know what western world look like..then you can have the audacity to talk about abroad guys/folks..nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent / Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents / See This Ghastly Car Accident In Osogbo (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.