Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department (23801 Views)

She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria / He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards / "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 08, 2021
Bluntemperor:

Pleasant reply to the OP!
I believed there is still more to this OP story.
O P and associates,can you just tell me in Nigeria of today,is there anything the govt is really doing to assist the business Owners in Nigeria?:
- No water
- No light
-No Roads
- No Infrastructural Development'
-Even the Covid-19 Fund was never disbursed to many businesses, including Private Schools,which I'm aware of!
In a saner clime,for instance, Canadian stayed home for the same Covid-19 yet they all collected $2500 per a person,for each time of lochdown! So Is not the same blood running their veins,both in Nigeria and Canada!
Please,blame your govt.

You are a big mumu and it shows.

Business owners in Nigeria aren't forced to open businesses. It is your decision to open a business and you must abide by the contract you gave your employees to sign.

You are speaking of Canada, are you not even ashamed??

Do business owners in Canada give their employees 50% even during the pandemic without having any agreements based on this?

Nigeria will always be backward with people like you running it.
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 08, 2021
murphyibiam15:

Selfish boy, your HOD left protecting you but you don't want to leave. That's why one shouldn't make sacrifice for others.

True, he should leave.

1 Like

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by GoldenJAT(m): 11:44am On Oct 08, 2021
femi4:
Why will you return the money without any form of dialogue first. That's unprofessional, even NLC will first dialogue with govt before embarking on strike
Make I no CURSE YOU!U DE CRAZE. Negotiate wetin?
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by xtervaganza(m): 11:51am On Oct 08, 2021
kolemark22:
It is factual that the case of unemployment in the Nigerian sphere has led to the unwanted maltreatment of members of staff of private organizations.

Some business owners especially private school owners are becoming more and more insensitive to the plight of the members of their staff in our present day society.

I work in a school where I am paid 50k as an academic staff. We did not get our pay in August because school was not in session.

However, wen we resumed in September, the proprietor decides to ease our stress by giving everyone 5k. At the end of the month, without prior notice he decided to pay us 50% of our salary.

We were dumbfounded by this act. With the level of disappointment, my HOD decided that we should return the 50% as a sign of our displeasure. About seven of us obliged and returned the 50% salary.

When the proprietor learnt about it, he was furious. He ended up relieving the HOD of his duty. Sighting that he was a threat to his establishment.

For the rest of us, we will know our fate tomorrow whether we will stay or leave.

I hope I stay though because I I prefer to leave on my own and not asked to leave.
if y'all are not sellouts and betrayers you should have left with the HOD since y'all planeef together. That's what you should have done. If you continue working their while the man remain sacked you're a traitor and you deserve the treatment you get from the school owner

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by femi4: 11:59am On Oct 08, 2021
GoldenJAT:
Make I no CURSE YOU!U DE CRAZE. Negotiate wetin?
Illiterate, you don't know the difference between "dialogue" and "negotiate"
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by IMASTEX: 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2021
chatinent:

Nigeria has failed.
Nigeria should be given to charity.
Gbam!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Doubleoh7: 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2021
femi4:
You're not civilized.
You are civilised. And in the height of your civilization you act first and then dialogue afterwards right? Keep making a jest of your self. During the Covid-19 lockdown, many employers made some pay cuts to their employees but guess what, they discussed with them and gave them date when it will take effect and everyone adjusted accordingly those who couldn't, left on their own. You don't cut someone's pay unexpectedly and expect the person to now come for dialogue so you can explain why you unilaterally took such action.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by GoldenJAT(m): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2021
femi4:
Illiterate, you don't know the difference between "dialogue" and "negotiate"
Dialogue or Negotiate! It doesn't matter. slowpoke. When the school did what they did! Was same Dialogue employed? MUMU.
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by dominique(f): 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2021
truthsayer009:

Madame, this is slave mentality talk. I don't know why you Nigerians are deeply soaked in mental slavery.

The ideal & legal way is to count the number of days they worked in September and pay them. That is why we have HR & accounting staff.

This will also reflect on their pay slip, so no one can argue.

Is it not the same thing I'm saying. If they worked for half of the month, why are they now expecting to be paid in full?
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2021
dominique:

Is it not the same thing I'm saying. If they worked for half of the month, why are they now expecting to be paid in full?

If this was stated on their payslip and employment contract, no one would argue.

Besides it should have been stated to them the reason why. Not just handing them 50% and expecting them to keep quiet.

If teachers won't be getting paid at any time, it should either be communicated or stated on their contract.

1 Like

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Richie77: 1:30pm On Oct 08, 2021
Things will get better..
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by dangervu(m): 2:30pm On Oct 08, 2021
One thing i have learnt so fast is fight your own fight........with a group fight someone will snitch
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by femarse: 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2021
chatinent:
Hello,

Thanks for sharing your piece.

I loathe working in privately owned whatever...and for schools? It's a no no....except it is my establishment.

Why?
Most of them are trash! No job security! A stupid director who has zilch relating to the expertise or experience, but just because he is related to the boss could just wake up one morning and relief you of your duties without payment for not greeting him by prostration even if it is remaining a day to complete the month! Or sack you as lady for refusing his advances.

You can also get sacked for refusing to steal for the director...that is if you work in the finance department!

Some of them will owe you for months and be exploring subtle means to sack you! It makes people be at the mercies of these good-for-nothing ingrates seeing themselves as demi-gods.

I hate to admit this but I verily pity young jambites teaching while they wait for their results, or those who those directors feel they are giving an opportunity. Those girls are often exploited sexually...and they can't leave!

Just look at how sb who stood for his rights was served! And you know the bad thing about it, you hardly win a law case on it due to its dearth of statutory flavour.

The ₦50k to them is ₦1bn...sth that cannot even satisfy one in a month! My heart goes out to the majority being paid ₦10k yet overworked like a prosecuted donkey!

I incite you to take to freelancing now! Get busy working from home.

Nigeria has failed.

Nigeria should be given to charity.

While it's a good idea to look into freelancing and all the things u said are pretty true ....

Imagine 75million nigerian youth engage in freelancing .... What do u think will happen to price ? People should look the entrepreneur way but no one has a right to tell people who are working to leave their work cos of one freedom in entrepreneur...cos the truth is not everyone can be an entrepreneur....just so you know, 50% of start up failed woefully so much those people go back looking for paid work ....but when people talk about freelancing here , they think it's a pot of gold...
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Enes22(m): 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2021
All of you should just drop your resignation letter first thing the next day

Yes I understand getting job in this country is hard but your integrity and self value must be held to a high esteem.
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Gidariro: 7:36pm On Oct 08, 2021
femi4:
You lack comprehension

You can't give what you don't have. Shame on you Femi.
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by smasher1(m): 7:42pm On Oct 08, 2021
kolemark22:
It is factual that the case of unemployment in the Nigerian sphere has led to the unwanted maltreatment of members of staff of private organizations.

Some business owners especially private school owners are becoming more and more insensitive to the plight of the members of their staff in our present day society.

I work in a school where I am paid 50k as an academic staff. We did not get our pay in August because school was not in session.

However, wen we resumed in September, the proprietor decides to ease our stress by giving everyone 5k. At the end of the month, without prior notice he decided to pay us 50% of our salary.

We were dumbfounded by this act. With the level of disappointment, my HOD decided that we should return the 50% as a sign of our displeasure. About seven of us obliged and returned the 50% salary.

When the proprietor learnt about it, he was furious. He ended up relieving the HOD of his duty. Sighting that he was a threat to his establishment.

For the rest of us, we will know our fate tomorrow whether we will stay or leave.

I hope I stay though because I I prefer to leave on my own and not asked to leave.
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by kolemark22(m): 9:13pm On Oct 08, 2021
You're right bro
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by kolemark22(m): 9:17pm On Oct 08, 2021
We actually resumed work on the 13th
AfroKnight:
When did you resume work?

After the 20th of September?

I think I understand why you were paid 50%. I have not worked as a teacher before so I don’t know how it works. But in normal private medium enterprises, they prorate your salary if you start halfway into the month. Except December of course.
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by UltimateStarman: 8:47am On Oct 09, 2021
kolemark22:

he will be brought to judgement soon
how's the HOD faring now
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Kylekent59: 9:07am On Oct 14, 2021
kolemark22:
E bad ooooo

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Kylekent59: 9:10am On Oct 14, 2021
Some of them will owe you for months and be exploring subtle means to sack you! It makes people be at the mercies of these good-for-nothing ingrates seeing themselves as demi-gods.
That's how it is
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Kylekent59: 9:18am On Oct 14, 2021

[/quote]
Stay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Water Supplied To Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital Hostel, Kano / Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University / ASUU Denies Reaching Agreement With FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.