Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria (22235 Views)

Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA / NDLEA Why Have You Refused To Charge Tinubu's Drug Mule To Court? / Buba Marwa: If Cannabis Is Legalised, Nigeria Becoming Den Of Junkies Criminals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by drennie(m): 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2021
If you are a parent here, keep your children away from drugs
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Mmadukanaya(m): 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2021
But many people are using it freely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 08, 2021
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Sundaypaul12345: 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2021
grin
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by AyGrafix: 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2021
Totilopussylick:
As I type now, I'm holding 1 wrap lyk this smiley
Ewoooo

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2021
Abdul05:
If legalized they would turn the country upside down grin grin
Medical Cannabis Aketi is telling Naija to legalise is different from the ones that Nafdac is seizing.

Marwa is an illiterate. It is a pity we have lost Dr. Akiliyu. Marwa is the worst military of Lagos State. That man is a dullard. I dont k ow what hes doing as NFDAC DG..

Medical Cannabis cannot make one high. The US made mistake of banning everything then. The leaves look same, but they contain different components.

Colorado allows only mass production of such. You need to understand the details. But the ones used for recreation that is legalised is the kind sold in Nigeria. That one is bad, yet some states legalised it in the US. Bad

But the one Aketi asks us to legalise is cannot make you high at all.

Medical cannabis are not usually smoked. But those bad boys still try smoking it and it doesnt have the effect they want. They always get frustrated smoking it..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by EmperorFinchila: 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2021
But wait o did you say can't be legalized when it is legal already this doesn't need govt approval cuz mens don approve the matter tey they morning.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2021
Totilopussylick:
The moderator that banned me for a whole 7days, will end up in jail.

Just locked me out for complete 7days cry

I was just reading but can't comment sad

The thing come make Nairaland so boring for me angry.

Well I'm back.

And that moderator, simbisa forest will be your final destination undecided

Amen!

you wan chop BANana again bah?
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Abdul05: 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Medical Cannabis Aketi is telling Naija to legalise is different from the ones that Nafdac is seizing.

Marwa is an illiterate. It is a putu we lost Dr. Akiyilu. Marwa is the worst military of Lagos State. That man is a dullard.

Medical Cannabis cannot make one high. The US made mistake of banning everything then. The leaves look same, but they contain different components.

Colorado allows only mass production of such. You need to understand the details. But the ones used for recreation that is legalised is the kind sold in Nigeria. That one is bad, yet some states legalised it in the US. Bad

thank you sir.. good

1 Like

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by EmperorFinchila: 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2021
But wait o did you say can't be legalized when it is legal already this doesn't need govt approval cuz mens don approve the matter tey they morning. shocked

1 Like

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by LaSenior: 8:52pm On Oct 08, 2021
For Owerri NDLEA dey Search person phone as them if drugs is Hidden in the phone the guy won slap I just kuku tell am set I be indigen for here make dem behave themselves before you know it men just dey come Dey ask wetin him do wetin him do those mumu officers no gree answer

Make I ask ooo when NDLEA start Dey search phone
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by chloride6: 8:53pm On Oct 08, 2021
Lavisha:
yinmu..

In strict medical terms marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. For example, eating 10 raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death. Marijuana in its natural form is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within the supervised routine of medical care.
[DEA Administrative Law Judge - 1988]

What an argument grin grin grin
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Abdul05: 8:54pm On Oct 08, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Marwa is an illiterate. It is a pity we have lost Dr. Akiliyu. Marwa is the worst military of Lagos State. That man is a dullard. I dont k ow what hes doing as NFDAC DG..

Medical cannabis are not usually smoked. But those bad boys still try smoking it and it doesnt have the effect they want. They always get frustrated smoking it..
Mrs peace joy so it is you.l didn't look at the name. How is the family ma.
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 8:55pm On Oct 08, 2021
Shallow argument by the NDLEA chairman.

He presupposes that something being allowable means somebody must consume it. Cigarettes are legal and anybody who wishes to buy can buy yet some of us have never ever smoked before. Alcohol is legal yet many people are teetotalers. That something is legalized does not mean people will consume it.

Of course, the current banning of marijuana means Marwa would have a job as NDLEA chairman. The only people who benefit from the criminalisation of drugs are law enforcement agents (without it, they won't have jobs) and drug traffickers (the ban creates a black market which they exploit).

If Marijuana is legalized, it would be cheaper and indeed less attractive as a form of vice. Money that previously went into the pockets of drug lords would instead be used for more economically important things. The consumption would not increase significantly as the demand for illicit drugs is relatively price inelastic.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Depressed101: 8:56pm On Oct 08, 2021
teeshet:

https://punchng.com/why-cannabis-cant-be-legalised-in-nigeria-ndlea/

it proliferates crime because it's illegal, that will not be the case if it is legal

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by witworth(m): 8:58pm On Oct 08, 2021
Of course not yet, but later sha. Because everything will happen in the end ni shaa
Something wey God create for man use. U say e lead to crime, ah no know say na Igbo dey cause crime o, foolish ndlea

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Tapout(m): 8:58pm On Oct 08, 2021
Werey! I stopped reading when I read Colombia and Mexico. What does Nigeria have in common with those two countries? Corrupt and lawless security agents!! Anyone who finished reading should let me know if he mentioned any better country.

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Depressed101: 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2021
einsteine:
Shallow argument by the NDLEA chairman.

He presupposes that something being allowable means somebody must consume it. Cigarettes are legal and anybody who wishes to buy can buy yet some of us have never ever smoked before. Alcohol is legal yet many people are teetotalers. That something is legalized does not mean people will consume it.

Of course, the current banning of marijuana means Marwa would have a job as NDLEA chairman. The only people who benefit from the criminalisation of drugs are law enforcement agents (without it, they won't have jobs) and drug traffickers (the ban creates a black market which they exploit).

If Marijuana is legalized, it would be cheaper and indeed less attractive as a form of vice. Money that previously went into the pockets of drug lords would instead be used for more economically important things. The consumption would not increase significantly as the demand for illicit drugs is relatively price inelastic.

very good analogy, I think as usual the NDLEA chairman took us (Nigerians) for granted to believe that legalization of Marijuana will lead to proliferation of crime, how's that even logical,when it is currently a crime to trade Marijuana

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 08, 2021
It seems the smart move for any investor is to invest in nearby countries like Benin republic. Nigeria has totally been hijacked.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Fiscus105(m): 9:02pm On Oct 08, 2021
It's illegal, yet it's common commodity in every conner and motor park in Nigeria, my naija and hypocrisy are 5 &6

1 Like

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by ibraheemlamar(m): 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2021
Let the herbs grow and free

1 Like

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 08, 2021
I’m a casual smoker and I understand the concern, we haven’t gotten to the level to control this effectively. So I totally agree with what Marwa is saying.
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by neyoohhh: 9:14pm On Oct 08, 2021
Lavisha:
yinmu..

In strict medical terms marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. For example, eating 10 raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death. Marijuana in its natural form is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within the supervised routine of medical care.

This is some psuedo science bs .

Obviously you won't eat unboiled potatoes, so that is an oxymoron comparison.

The proof is in the pudding.
What actually happens when people smoke marijuana?

What most of you people post as truth's is based on confirmation bias.
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by IhateRetards: 9:19pm On Oct 08, 2021
chiedu7:
It cant be legalized until the North develops a taste for it

Which north wey na North be the highest users abi una for west and South think say una dey high, no mind those Hisbah guys wey we dey follow smoke with for up here North.
If no be say I no dey follow do pills ehn, I for dey get am steady from these my hypocritical Norhern tools called Hisbah dem sabi use pass una down South and West sef

1 Like

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Idiotmod: 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2021
Totilopussylick:
The u better delete that thing, if dem see am dem go ban u for recalcitrant and e fit reach 30years undecided

Amen!
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Probz(m): 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2021
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

Of a truth, everything God created is good

But men turned the world upside down

That. Alcohol and tobacco are far more dangerous yet they remain legal.

Mary-Jane will be legalised all-round one day. It’s just a matter of time.

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Probz(m): 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2021
Youngvegetable:
Op isn't this picture beautiful

Absolutely beautiful.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Crucialgem(m): 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2021
Totilopussylick:
The moderator that banned me for a whole 7days, will end up in jail.

Just locked me out for complete 7days cry

I was just reading but can't comment sad

The thing come make Nairaland so boring for me angry.

Well I'm back.

And that moderator, simbisa forest will be your final destination undecided

Amen!

You want to be banned again
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Lifebender(m): 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2021
Lavisha:
yinmu..

Ma'am say what you know.
During my last posting in OAUTHC mental ward,we had 13 patient.1 MDD,3 schizophrenic patient,the remaining 9 were substance abuse.
MDD and schiz has to do with genetic factor, biochemical factors and of course environmental factors...
But marijuana,nah..weyrey ma po logba
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Totilopussylick(m): 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2021
Crucialgem:

You want to be banned again
Tryam now, if I no come beat you for your house.
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Totilopussylick(m): 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2021
azraeljaheel:

you wan chop BANana again bah?
smiley
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Adakintroy: 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2021
Lavisha:
yinmu..

Look at the example you site. Ten raw potatoes. Who eats ten raw potatoes. Oga if you wan smoke feel free. But compare yourself with a non smoker at later time. We go know who de kill himself. Good one sha ndlea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole / Workers Salary: APC Should Stop Being Shameless – Ekiti Govt / Garuba Umar Appointed As Lagos Commissioner Of Police, Replaces Fatai Owoseni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.