Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,822 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria (22250 Views)

Why Cannabis Use In US, UK, Others Differs From Nigeria – NDLEA / NDLEA Why Have You Refused To Charge Tinubu's Drug Mule To Court? / Buba Marwa: If Cannabis Is Legalised, Nigeria Becoming Den Of Junkies Criminals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:05am On Oct 09, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Said by Ganja man
Said by people with actual brains. (White men)

You wish
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by jaafree: 5:12am On Oct 09, 2021
That way if they commit crime they will all say it is under the influence of cannabis abi?

Some people are thinking upside down.

Oops I forgot, we are talking about wee wee.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Miraclewilfred: 5:22am On Oct 09, 2021
They will never legalize it so they can be using it as a means to extort money from people, no worry Tinubu go legalize am.
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by hayoholla(m): 5:49am On Oct 09, 2021
Although there's correlation between cannabis and crime, but it does not mean being under the influence of cannabis "itself" can make you commit crime. Engaging in criminal activities is a chain product of events leading to a decision to venture in life of crime. Its not even about arguing for cannabis, but presenting a proper and honest analysis of what really cause crime amongst our youths.
People get high on so many other things aside cannabis. Even, over the counter drugs when abused can cause the desired effect of "highness". One thing NDLEA should rather address, us substance abuse not the substance use. These are two different things. Sensitization of the public will work, as against prohibition of the product. Even if the latter seems to work, it will be only for the time being, because people will still find a way to source for these substance. You don't need to strain your eyes, and hears to know the multibillion dollar money business in the crack world. You don't need to stress yourself for the statistics, that presented nigeria as the third highest cannabis user in the world, and add to it a booming market worth millions of dollars.

Now let's go back to the first paragraph. You see, the government is trying to mop up its past failure just to save face. Social economic factors that are lacking, like proper jobs, skills acquisitions that are economically viable, should be the main focal point of this war against drug abuse. people who are gainfully engaged will no time to think about engaging in criminal related activities, and, if they don't have the time for this, the idea to abuse any substance to get high to make them carry out their evil activities wouldn't cross their mind. That is the correlation between the two. This is because, of economic idleness, people resort in nefarious activities that makes them useful elsewhere. Substance abuse is just a chain, you can keep breaking it, but it will always find means to rebuild it self in auto.
Of course, economic activities is not the only "cause" here, we have children from broken homes too, who are left alone in this wild world, coupled with the burden of having to fend for themselves, they took the alternate route. If you ask me what NDLEA, should be. I will tell you categorically that it should be scrapped, but replaced with an outfit more effective, that includes social welfare program for youths, jobs and skills acquisition that are economically viable in todays world standard. Not the presenting of clippers and okadas for youth. It won't work, we need a sound system to thoroughly mop up drug abuse. We also need counselling program included, that will orientate we youths. To be honest, many of us are finding this stafe of life so stressful, its just that some have engaged in the other types of life "just to cope". We need an outfit, included that will cater for the psychological well being of the youth. We are the engune of any society. If we are left to our devices , we will grow up to old men and women who are have been battered by life, with dementia, broken memories, regrets, so many health issues, that may cause ripple effect in the future, examples are found in the kids we are going to raise. The kind of drug fuelled lifestyle. Imagine living in a generation, where larger percentage of the old populations are domiciled in the care home, it will put a strain on resources, and personnel's. We need to be thorough and not shallow in our approach, especially, if it comes to dealing with substance abuse.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 5:52am On Oct 09, 2021
einsteine:
Shallow argument by the NDLEA chairman.

He presupposes that something being allowable means somebody must consume it. Cigarettes are legal and anybody who wishes to buy can buy yet some of us have never ever smoked before. Alcohol is legal yet many people are teetotalers. That something is legalized does not mean people will consume it.

Of course, the current banning of marijuana means Marwa would have a job as NDLEA chairman. The only people who benefit from the criminalisation of drugs are law enforcement agents (without it, they won't have jobs) and drug traffickers (the ban creates a black market which they exploit).

If Marijuana is legalized, it would be cheaper and indeed less attractive as a form of vice. Money that previously went into the pockets of drug lords would instead be used for more economically important things. The consumption would not increase significantly as the demand for illicit drugs is relatively price inelastic.

Fat Bubba Marwa is indeed an avowed buffoon and a greedy treasury looter who magically found the money to establish an airline that quickly collapsed, right after a stint as an arbitrarily imposed military ruler over Lagos State.

It is fascinating to see a kleptomaniac treasury looter hypothesizing about an imaginary linkage between marijuana use and crime. That fat toad only grabbed the highly lucrative post as drug law enforcer because of his tribe, and now, as the gathering momentum of cannabis legalization threatens to render Buba Marwa irrelevant, he desperately concocts one tall tale after another to justify his unwinnable war against medical marijuana, a crop that is worth billions of dollars in state and federal government revenue.

Phuck you Bubba Marwa. Instead of parroting those idiotic falsehoods about cannabis, I suggest you enrol in a gym to try and shed that 300 pounds of disgusting smelly lard that you accumulated by gluttony after emptying the coffers of Lagos State.
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by okoroemeka(m): 5:56am On Oct 09, 2021
Abdul05:
If legalized they would turn the country upside down grin grin
legalized or not ,what difference does it make,weed is everywhere and easy to get,just that it is not sold openly like cigarettes,even crystal meth is now even more easy to get than weed

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 6:00am On Oct 09, 2021
okoroemeka:
legalized or not ,what difference does it make,weed is everywhere and easy to get,just that it is not sold openly like cigarettes,even crystal meth is now even more easy to get than weed

The only beneficiaries of Nigeria's antiquated anti-cannabis laws are the criminal gangs that sell the product at exorbitant prices after adding various deadly poisons to the otherwise harmless harvest, and of course, greedy fat phucks like Bubba Marwa who leads the drug agency that arrests users of cannabis so as to steal their property under the guise of law enforcement.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by ogyunging(m): 6:26am On Oct 09, 2021
Power is still shacking dis wan. Maryj will be the lifter of spirits come what may. One day one day, I go change that law. Make them track me.
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by tampadollarsign(m): 6:45am On Oct 09, 2021
All of them boys coman line up here if you bc us na men de run

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by IMASTEX: 6:57am On Oct 09, 2021
Tranquill:
Supported.
It's too early to even think of legalizing it considering the reality of the Nigerian situation, where everything is easily abused and systems subverted.
You obviously don't know that Ogogoro "local gin" was once outlawed in Nigeria for fear of abuse and all the useless reasons he cited. How many do take it today, even though it is safer than those reformed gin with sugar, colourant, etc. Try to always reason beyond what government, her agencies and politicians say. First, know that they don't care about Nigerians, all that matter is their interest. Ask yourself how it's easily gotten by smokers even at any location despite the kangaroo ban? The same agencies, government, politicians are the one making money from it as the major marchants. How can the same persons legalise it and go out of business. Note that I have never smoked. It's just a matter of rational thinking. Medically Cannabis is medicinal and Well safer than cigarette when taken un-smoked. God isn't devilish to make it available naturally. The pros at weigh the cons. It could generate employment when farmed in large scale and shipped out in exchange for dollars.

Answer his question below?
illicit:
Cigarette is accessible
Does everyone smoke cigarettes?

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by SonGG: 7:02am On Oct 09, 2021
Please I need help. I'm a MJ user for the past 3years. I must say it has keep me enlightened and really focused in life. I don't know how to say this but MJ brought me really close to God. I think MJ influences you through whoever you smoke with, Beware. The problem I'm having now is I will be leaving to the UK for Masters soon. Pls how can I clear it off my blood incase of drug test?
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 7:04am On Oct 09, 2021
SonGG:
Please I need help. I'm a MJ user for the past 3years. I must say it has keep me enlightened and really focused in life. I don't know how to say this but MJ brought me really close to God. I think MJ influences you through whoever you smoke with, Beware. The problem I'm having now is I will be leaving to the UK for Masters soon. Pls how can I clear it off my blood incase of drug test?

Just abstain for 30 days, and all traces of cannabis in your bloodstream will have vanished, until the next time you partake.
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by zexy2030(m): 7:05am On Oct 09, 2021
chiedu7:
It cant be legalized until the North develops a taste for it
Na north dey take am pass

1 Like

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 7:10am On Oct 09, 2021
If Nigeria's NDLEA anti-drug agency is so desperate for revenue, let them ban cigarettes, and then proceeded to extort cigarette smokers.

There is actually a very sound basis for banning cigarettes. Tobacco and nicotine have ZERO medical use, and nicotine is one of the most insidious poisons ever to be consumed by human beings in the name of "enjoyment".

Cigarette smoke is cursed with an absolutely horrible and nauseating stench while tobacco addiction causes millions of premature deaths per year worldwide due to the numerous cancers and terminal respiratory afflictions caused by tobacco smoking or chewing.

Ban cigarettes to generate revenue for Fat Bubba Marwa and his gang of NDLEA extortionists, while simultaneously legalizing marijuana, which has numerous medical applications.
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by SonGG: 7:30am On Oct 09, 2021
Jakumo:

Just abstain for 30 days, and all traces of cannabis in your bloodstream will have vanished, until the next time you partake.

Only 30 days even tho I'm a long-term user?
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 7:49am On Oct 09, 2021
SonGG:

Only 30 days even tho I'm a long-term user?

THC, the active ingredient of cannabis, is fat-soluble and so gets stored in the fatty tissues of the body, whereby a simple urine test can detect traces for up to a month after the most recent ingestion, vaping, or smoking of weed. For good measure and peace of mind, you could stop using cannabis a full two months prior to the time of any anticipated urine or blood test.

That said, samples of human hair can retain evidence of drug use for years, but the good news is that the diagnostic equipment capable of analyzing the drug content of human hair, is enormously expensive to acquire and maintain. Most employers and government agencies worldwide thus rely on cheaper and simpler urine or blood analysis methodology.
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Boogyman557: 8:13am On Oct 09, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool MY BEST OF ALL BEST. JAH BLESS ALL D KUSH Gs OUT DER. AM ON IT ALL DAY ALL TIME. SAME REASON I HIGH ON MY KUSH 24sc. WTF MAN
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Smif(m): 8:22am On Oct 09, 2021
See as Igbo smokers de comment upandan
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Boogyman557: 8:32am On Oct 09, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool MY KUSH MY LIFE, MY LIFE MY KUSH. ARIZONA ALL D WAY. HIGHING MY 4TH KUSH NOW. WTF MAN IT'S SATURDAY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. DE WEATHER IS JUST EVERYTHING U NEED RITE NOW. REMEMBER D WORLD IS FVCKED UP BIG TIME SO I ONLY TRUST IN MY KUSH. I SLEEP WITH IT, I EAT WITH IT, I DRINK WITH IT, I WALK WITH IT. I SAY AGAIN JAH BLESS ALL D KUSH Gs OUT DER. WTF MAN
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Qualer: 8:37am On Oct 09, 2021
teeshet:

https://punchng.com/why-cannabis-cant-be-legalised-in-nigeria-ndlea/

this man is talking absolute nonsense!!! How many drug cartels can you see where the drugs are legalised?? ode!!!
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by SonGG: 8:45am On Oct 09, 2021
Jakumo:

THC, the active ingredient of cannabis, is fat-soluble and so gets stored in the fatty tissues of the body, whereby a simple urine test can detect traces for up to a month after the most recent ingestion, vaping, or smoking of weed. For good measure and peace of mind, you could stop using cannabis a full two months prior to the time of any anticipated urine or blood test.

That said, samples of human hair can retain evidence of drug use for years, but the good news is that the diagnostic equipment capable of analyzing the drug content of human hair, is enormously expensive to acquire and maintain. Most employers and government agencies worldwide thus rely on cheaper and simpler urine or blood analysis methodology.

Oh good
Thank you
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 9:00am On Oct 09, 2021
The potential tax revenue accruable to all strata of state and federal government from a legalized and state-regulated medical cannabis industry in Nigeria is orders of magnitude greater than whatever proceeds of extortion are being collected by Fat Bubba's NDLEA and bent police officers in the current dispensation where cannabis remains illegal to grow, sell or consume.

Legalize medical marijuana and let all segments of Nigerian society experience the economic boom that will surely follow as a blessing to the nation.
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by ghettochild(m): 9:13am On Oct 09, 2021
That's stupid excuse..
Even SA that eventually legalized..
Its has never been abused till now..
Just buy ur weed n smoke ur thingy...
I dont know when they are gonna get it right in that Zoo
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Ubanz: 9:27am On Oct 09, 2021
Rubbish talk
U Sabi pass Baba God that created it.
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Jabarzee(m): 9:34am On Oct 09, 2021
Lavisha:
yinmu..

In strict medical terms marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. For example, eating 10 raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death. Marijuana in its natural form is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within the supervised routine of medical care.
[DEA Administrative Law Judge - 1988]

I love the way you are saying nonsense with confidence
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by IMAliyu(m): 10:02am On Oct 09, 2021
illicit:
Cigarette is accessible

Does everyone smoke cigarettes?
Help me ask.

Alcohol and tobacco are readily available and legal.

But most people are smart enough to avoid them or consume them responsibly.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 10:12am On Oct 09, 2021
See how Jamaican people are celebrating ganja freedom, jubilating ganja righteousness, and singing their praise to the Almighty Jah!

This song is dedicated to Fat Bubba of the FAILED Albarka Airlines fame. You teef Lagos State gofment money finish, take am buy airplane full ground, but STILL di business when teef take gofment money do, just fail, fail, fail.

Na so you go fail, fail, fail to stop the tide of history mon. No time for Babylon people, because Nigeria gwan to Zion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tTuDl8HlZs
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by IMAliyu(m): 10:15am On Oct 09, 2021
drimzsmoke:

Lolz,thanks for the reply,meaning a cigarette smoker will only kill himself and the people who chose to stay close to him.

Can you say the same for weed smokers
The one down side of weed is if you probably have some type of mental disorder in your family history, you risk accelerating your chances of psychosis.
Re: NDLEA: Why Cannabis Can’t Be Legalised In Nigeria by drimzsmoke(m): 10:37am On Oct 09, 2021
IMAliyu:

The one down side of weed is if you probably have some type of mental disorder in your family history, you risk accelerating your chances of psychosis.

Not just one downside....Now let's ignore the systemic and psychological sequelae,an "AVERAGE" weed smoker is a public disaster just waiting to happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Am Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Economic Woes - Olayemi Cardoso / Jonathan's Promise Fulfilled As Historic International Flight Lands In Enugu / 13 Year Old Female Suicide Bomber Arrested In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.