Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) (62376 Views)

Julius Malema Supporters Beat Up Whites Protesting 'Racist' Song in SA (PICS) / Sesame Street's Rosita Ignores Black Kids At Park, Causes Outrage In U.S.(Video) / HOW UK TAX IS SPENT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by Abimbola29(m): 10:58am On Oct 11, 2021
So no be only Nigeria this kind thing dey happen?
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by SenecaTheYonger: 10:58am On Oct 11, 2021
So the person in charge saw this project and said to himself “Just leave it like that, they will believe we spent the whole money on the project”

5 Likes

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by oluedward(m): 10:58am On Oct 11, 2021
Can't just stop laughing... It's like Naija still dey learn.
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by BigYash: 10:58am On Oct 11, 2021
Prayfortheworld:
grin grin
See goal post
This is the real definition of corruption honestly
More like monkey post that year grin

1 Like

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by fsb(m): 10:59am On Oct 11, 2021
Sub-saharan Africa is in serious trouble. Bad leadership everywhere you go.
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by maestro299: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2021
Black man will always be black man. Thank God for the whites, South Africa would have been worse than Nigeria...

3 Likes

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by Bamzyriches451: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2021
This is Africa...............
Everybody be criminal
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by foreshore(m): 11:00am On Oct 11, 2021
TMKsouth:
Eastern Cape councillors in hot water

Political leaders in the Enoch Mgijima Municipality (councillors) who oversaw the construction and unveiling of the controversial 15 million rands (368 million naira) Lessyton Sports Field in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa, are in hot water.

The provincial Cooperative Governance minister, Xolile Nqatha, gave them 48 hours to tell him why they should not be suspended for reportedly wasting taxpayers' money and bringing the ruling ANC party into disrepute.

He was speaking at the sport field during an oversight visit on Thursday.

This after pictures of the under-resourced sports field, which circulated on social media this week, caused an uproar.

Scores of people questioned its hefty price tag.

The sports field has no working ablution facilities and electricity, while its grass athletic track is marked with fading white paint. It also has removable roofless metal stands for spectators.

Nqatha said the fate of councillors depended on the report he was expecting from the municipality's speaker, Bongiwe Gladness van Heerden.

"Therefore, the speaker, who is responsible for [the] code and conduct of councillors, must give me a report as to what she is doing to ensure that those councillors are held accountable.

"For that, I am giving her 48 hours to give me the report showing what steps she is taking to hold those councillors responsible for bringing the institution into disrepute."

Speaking in the presence of the municipality's leadership, Nqatha said: "I am not a technical expert, but what I have seen and what I have read, there is no value for money here. There's got to be accountability as to whether due processes were followed in appointing the service provider and what really happened."

Meanwhile, the ANC's provincial executive committee (PEC) said if the investigation found any wrongdoing, the provincial government would act and deal decisively with corruption, mismanagement and the waste of public resources to make sure public money was spent on the services needed.

Is it not worth it?
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:00am On Oct 11, 2021
Na their money.
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 11, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
The 1 wey weak me pass na goal post without net embarassed
u no even thank GOD say u see that one what if na Stone them use

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 11, 2021
benuejosh:
They are not different from PDP who spent about N11.5billion for an imaginary headquarters of their Party.

Or from your party APC for tnat matter
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by neighbourhud: 11:01am On Oct 11, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
So the person in charge saw this project and said to himself “Just leave it like that, they will believe we spent the whole money on the project”

I tire
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by priscaoge(f): 11:01am On Oct 11, 2021
We have seen the Field, so where is the Satdium? undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by Saintfrancis82(m): 11:01am On Oct 11, 2021
Why African's like looting, any opportunity given to them in office, the will loot and government will not talk because is same party
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 11, 2021
theantidote:
Why change the money to naira?

To give Nigerians an idea of how much money was spent on the stadium

Giving the cost in rand might not make mich sense to most Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:02am On Oct 11, 2021
awesonjr:
u no even thank GOD say u see that one what if na Stone them use
Na that time we go know sey na learn we dey learn for Nigeria cheesy
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by MrOwonikoko: 11:03am On Oct 11, 2021
Stadium or colourful chairs?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by wavylevel: 11:03am On Oct 11, 2021
Black man undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by ACE1010: 11:03am On Oct 11, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by Commentor: 11:04am On Oct 11, 2021
Op please show us the finished product.
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 11, 2021
Why are you guys castigating SA over this very marginal amount - haba! this is just for primary school playground compared to what Babachir Lawal spent on cutting grass (N500M)

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/grass-cutting-contract-senate-cttees-final-report-indicts-babachir-lawal/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by Silbart: 11:05am On Oct 11, 2021
benuejosh:
They are not different from PDP who spent about N11.5billion for an imaginary headquarters of their Party.
I don't know when u political jobbers will get sense. And that why this politican will keep doing what they are doing... Whether pdp or APC all same, they are no Saint those in APC now were once from pdp. So stop this trash..
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by berryPee(m): 11:05am On Oct 11, 2021
Finally Tinubu boys grin grin grin grin grin grin don cash out for SA
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by osacoin(m): 11:07am On Oct 11, 2021
Lol
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by Kingrefreshed: 11:07am On Oct 11, 2021
TMKsouth:
Eastern Cape councillors in hot water

Political leaders in the Enoch Mgijima Municipality (councillors) who oversaw the construction and unveiling of the controversial 15 million rands (368 million naira) Lessyton Sports Field in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa, are in hot water.

The provincial Cooperative Governance minister, Xolile Nqatha, gave them 48 hours to tell him why they should not be suspended for reportedly wasting taxpayers' money and bringing the ruling ANC party into disrepute.

He was speaking at the sport field during an oversight visit on Thursday.

This after pictures of the under-resourced sports field, which circulated on social media this week, caused an uproar.

Scores of people questioned its hefty price tag.

The sports field has no working ablution facilities and electricity, while its grass athletic track is marked with fading white paint. It also has removable roofless metal stands for spectators.

Nqatha said the fate of councillors depended on the report he was expecting from the municipality's speaker, Bongiwe Gladness van Heerden.

"Therefore, the speaker, who is responsible for [the] code and conduct of councillors, must give me a report as to what she is doing to ensure that those councillors are held accountable.

"For that, I am giving her 48 hours to give me the report showing what steps she is taking to hold those councillors responsible for bringing the institution into disrepute."

Speaking in the presence of the municipality's leadership, Nqatha said: "I am not a technical expert, but what I have seen and what I have read, there is no value for money here. There's got to be accountability as to whether due processes were followed in appointing the service provider and what really happened."

Meanwhile, the ANC's provincial executive committee (PEC) said if the investigation found any wrongdoing, the provincial government would act and deal decisively with corruption, mismanagement and the waste of public resources to make sure public money was spent on the services needed.

Mama AFRICA right now

1 Like

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by hazee11(m): 11:08am On Oct 11, 2021
Maybe dem never build am finish. I can't imagine spending that huge amount on this trash, naija politicians dey learn from dis SA people.
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 11, 2021
priscaoge:
We have seen the Field, so where is the Satdium? undecided undecided
LMAO
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by revolt(m): 11:09am On Oct 11, 2021
All I can say is they have proven the David Botha the racist apartheid president right. Yhe Blackman is incapable of building a society... give them south africa and they will ruin it. Africa has shown the Blackman is truly subhuman. They handed over a 1st world nation to Mandela...all they had to do was manage the status quo... instead they turned a 1st world nation to a 3rd world nation in less than 20 years by their useless black empowerment policy/ quota systems. Once you take out merit ...every system collapses. Look at nigeria too.

1 Like

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by Trybes(m): 11:10am On Oct 11, 2021
I scoped through I couldn't find the stadium
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by WriterX(m): 11:13am On Oct 11, 2021
grin grin grin

a stadium is a stadium, goal post is present, grass is present , chairs e dey well well, i see nothing wrong here.

I will still prefer this one to my school field way be like an ant hill that year, no body dey dare am dribble person pikin way e fall , the person go peel skin, peel bone
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by Integrafamoo: 11:14am On Oct 11, 2021
They even tried, it is not up to the budget for paracetamol for aso rock clinic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Socialite 'Ginimbi' Bought Casket A Week Before His Death (photos) / Stuart Varney: Zelensky Is A Puppet Not A Hero. Fake News Coming From Ukraine / Countries With The Biggest Debts In The World (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.