Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,116 members, 7,821,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) (62453 Views)

Julius Malema Supporters Beat Up Whites Protesting 'Racist' Song in SA (PICS) / Sesame Street's Rosita Ignores Black Kids At Park, Causes Outrage In U.S.(Video) / HOW UK TAX IS SPENT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by ensamy(m): 12:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
They tried atleast they is an infrastructure.
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by themanderon: 12:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
TMKsouth:
Eastern Cape councillors in hot water

Political leaders in the Enoch Mgijima Municipality (councillors) who oversaw the construction and unveiling of the controversial 15 million rands (368 million naira) Lessyton Sports Field in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa, are in hot water.

The provincial Cooperative Governance minister, Xolile Nqatha, gave them 48 hours to tell him why they should not be suspended for reportedly wasting taxpayers' money and bringing the ruling ANC party into disrepute.

He was speaking at the sport field during an oversight visit on Thursday.

This after pictures of the under-resourced sports field, which circulated on social media this week, caused an uproar.

Scores of people questioned its hefty price tag.

The sports field has no working ablution facilities and electricity, while its grass athletic track is marked with fading white paint. It also has removable roofless metal stands for spectators.

Nqatha said the fate of councillors depended on the report he was expecting from the municipality's speaker, Bongiwe Gladness van Heerden.

"Therefore, the speaker, who is responsible for [the] code and conduct of councillors, must give me a report as to what she is doing to ensure that those councillors are held accountable.

"For that, I am giving her 48 hours to give me the report showing what steps she is taking to hold those councillors responsible for bringing the institution into disrepute."

Speaking in the presence of the municipality's leadership, Nqatha said: "I am not a technical expert, but what I have seen and what I have read, there is no value for money here. There's got to be accountability as to whether due processes were followed in appointing the service provider and what really happened."

Meanwhile, the ANC's provincial executive committee (PEC) said if the investigation found any wrongdoing, the provincial government would act and deal decisively with corruption, mismanagement and the waste of public resources to make sure public money was spent on the services needed.

Please where is the stadium? I can't seem to find any.
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by Johel(m): 12:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
edmaraja:
Africa, my Africa grin grin grin

Chai!!!!

Azin eh!!!! grin grin
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by LZAA: 12:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
KingCold:
Definately not! most governments are corrupt, some more than the others.

Touche cool
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by KingCold: 12:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
revolt:
All I can say is they have proven the David Botha the racist apartheid president right. Yhe Blackman is incapable of building a society... give them south africa and they will ruin it. Africa has shown the Blackman is truly subhuman. They handed over a 1st world nation to Mandela...all they had to do was manage the status quo... instead they turned a 1st world nation to a 3rd world nation in less than 20 years by their useless black empowerment policy/ quota systems. Once you take out merit ...every system collapses. Look at nigeria too.
Only a self-hating white ass-kissing Nigerian will quote a racist/white supremacists to prove a point against his own race. only a Nigerian will call his own race" subhuman" . Honestly sometimes you people disgust me.

They handed us a first world country? Says who? How do you hand someone his own country? The same country that was built by blood and sweat of black South Africans? handed to us? Who even told you SA was once a "First World" country? Do you self a favour before spewing ignorance of someone else's country try at least to learn of their history.

Black empowerment policies? quota system are present in even First World countries so fvck off with your white ass kissing mmentality

3 Likes

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by KingCold: 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2021
TMKsouth:

@bolded - they've numbed me, especially coz it's half the comments here with that view.

The same white South Africans stole SA minerals and didn't build anything in black areas but filled their own pockets. Isn't that grande corruption? The world economic system is corrupt as hell, just look at Trump and his financial scandals. Really not in the mood today for coons.
FIFA, which is virtually all-white had it's officlas fired because they were caught with their hands on the cookie jar, the likes of Sepp Blatter et al. the problem is that Nigerians tend to amplify negative aspects of black people but downplay negative aspects of other races, especially whites. These are the hallmarks of inferiority complexed people.
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by KingCold: 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2021
kunleiky:

Thank you @Mandela. Didn't see this earlier.
I give up. I think we should be more concerned as Nigerians on how our Naira is falling like Olympus day by day.
Imagine the sorry story we will tell our own children.
My son when I was like you... $1 was #150.
Local man is tired kpata kpata.
Mandela existed in a corrupt system himself. He experienced all the corruption and brutality of the Apartheid system.

2 Likes

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by poiZon: 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
TMKsouth:
Eastern Cape councillors in hot water

Political leaders in the Enoch Mgijima Municipality (councillors) who oversaw the construction and unveiling of the controversial 15 million rands (368 million naira) Lessyton Sports Field in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa, are in hot water.

The provincial Cooperative Governance minister, Xolile Nqatha, gave them 48 hours to tell him why they should not be suspended for reportedly wasting taxpayers' money and bringing the ruling ANC party into disrepute.

He was speaking at the sport field during an oversight visit on Thursday.

This after pictures of the under-resourced sports field, which circulated on social media this week, caused an uproar.

Scores of people questioned its hefty price tag.

The sports field has no working ablution facilities and electricity, while its grass athletic track is marked with fading white paint. It also has removable roofless metal stands for spectators.

Nqatha said the fate of councillors depended on the report he was expecting from the municipality's speaker, Bongiwe Gladness van Heerden.

"Therefore, the speaker, who is responsible for [the] code and conduct of councillors, must give me a report as to what she is doing to ensure that those councillors are held accountable.

"For that, I am giving her 48 hours to give me the report showing what steps she is taking to hold those councillors responsible for bringing the institution into disrepute."

Speaking in the presence of the municipality's leadership, Nqatha said: "I am not a technical expert, but what I have seen and what I have read, there is no value for money here. There's got to be accountability as to whether due processes were followed in appointing the service provider and what really happened."

Meanwhile, the ANC's provincial executive committee (PEC) said if the investigation found any wrongdoing, the provincial government would act and deal decisively with corruption, mismanagement and the waste of public resources to make sure public money was spent on the services needed.
What i know is that in Africa, local content is costlier than foreign or imported works.
Example is our local rice....

Maybe he spent more cash counting the cash...
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by KingCold: 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
27Pushing30:
If not for the indigenous whites in SA that country for just be another naija ���
Another house nigga. dude, white people in SA make 8% of the population. If we were supposed to be another "naija" we would have been one now. South Africans and Nigerians are not alike, we just share melanin and continent.
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
poiZon:

What i know is that in Africa, local content is costlier than foreign or imported works.
Example is our local rice....

Maybe he spent more cash counting the cash...

There's a probe by parliament and the police, so they'll get an opportunity to state their case.
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by KingCold: 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
Basicend:
If Nigeria was still under the british, we would have been the most developed in Africa and amongst the world by now by the reason. Of our resources.....

A black man syndrome.
Smh. the idiocy of people on this thread is honestly dumbfounding
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by poiZon: 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
benuejosh:
They are not different from PDP who spent about N11.5billion for an imaginary headquarters of their Party.
Audu ogbeh, barnabas gemade etc,then PDP chairman, now in APC...
Both r from benue state.
A state that from 6months old, stealing is inculcated in their meal.
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by TMKsouth: 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2021
KingCold:
FIFA, which is virtually all-white had it's officlas fired because they were caught with their hands on the cookie jar, the likes of Sepp Blatter et al. the problem is that Nigerians tend to amplify negative aspects of black people but downplay negative aspects of other races, especially whites. These are the hallmarks of inferiority complexed people.

It was on the frontpage just yesterday (the Qatar story) but I didn't see white bashing. Had that been the 2010 world cup shrouded in corruption like that, you would have heard them bringing all black people down.

1 Like

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by seguno2: 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2021
vibre:
And they still put ribbon to commission it grin

The same way that Desmond Eidiot put ribbon to commission his pako gada wooden culvert
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by kenny5811(m): 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2021
South Africa even get conscience...
In my shameless nigeria, that's a $1.6b project.

1 Like

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2021
Hello guys a new solidarity movement was created for Nigerian youths (students precisely)
Quote me to show your interest

1 Like

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by seguno2: 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2021
KingCold:

The hallmarks of inferiority complex is that the Nigerian political and corporate thieves are not punished like the white ones. Or do we punish them? Rather we defend and justify them for stealing on our behalf.

1 Like

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by Offorgerald15(m): 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2021
Nigeria is better than this one

1 Like

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by poiZon: 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2021
TMKsouth:

There's a probe by parliament and the police, so they'll get an opportunity to state their case.
U guys r lucky over there, this getting to media will even cause more panic to the thieving officials, in Nigeria same youths will be employed by the officials to protest against judicial victimisation.
With 500naira, u can get more than a million youths to do a counter protest in favour of anything wrong

1 Like

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by KingCold: 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2021
TMKsouth:

It was on the frontpage just yesterday (the Qatar story) but I didn't see white bashing. Had that been the 2010 world cup shrouded in corruption like that, you would have heard them bringing all black people down.
They view the entire black world with a Nigerian prism. Not every country in Africa is like Nigeria, yes SA has corruption too but the latching of negative stories to paint all blacks as evil or inadequate so as to fuel the misguided view that whites are superior to black people annoys me so much. It's as if this stadium corruption now nullifies other world-class stadiums that we have built.

1 Like

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by TMKsouth: 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2021
poiZon:

U guys r lucky over there, this getting to media will even cause more panic to the thieving officials, in Nigeria same youths will be employed by the officials to protest against judicial victimisation.
With 500naira, u can get more than a million youths to do a counter protest in favour of anything wrong

That sounds so frustrating for all justice-loving Nigerians. We got a bit of that during Zuma's presidency - people defending the indefensible but the courts stood firm, luckily for us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by stanliwise(m): 1:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
MangekyoAlt:
N300 million is a small money na.
That's not even upto £600k.

Although that doesn't mean they couldn't have done better undecided
Abegi, when we talk of a structure
It must have had plans, pictures and models before building started and if money was the problem the builder would have asked for the minimum amount.

This here ain’t a building

1 Like

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by LeSudAfricaine: 1:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
Basicend:

Lol.

Give a black man power. . Receive greed and corruption.

We are terrible set of people we blacks.
There's saying that says "Power corrupts", that applies to humanity not exclusive to black people.
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by theTranscriber: 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
KingCold:
House Nigga mentality.
it's really irritating seeing these guys demeaning their own race
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by Captaincee(m): 1:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
This is Haram grin grin grin
Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by Originalsly: 1:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
vibre:

And they still put ribbon to commission it grin

Ribbon is included in the cost ... do you even know the cost of ehmmm.... commission ribbon?

@ topic .... maybe most of the money was used to buy the land and the rest for the two mini bleachers from Amazon.

1 Like

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by theTranscriber: 1:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
see these fools saying "black man is cursed","Africa is cursed"

if you hate your skin
go to Libya and sell yourself for free as a slave!! angry
bloody fools

1 Like

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by KingCold: 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2021
maestro299:
Black man will always be black man. Thank God for the whites, South Africa would have been worse than Nigeria...
Thanks to the 8% white population that we aren't like you? So the 8% of whites are physically stopping black South Africans from self-destructing right? In a world where 100% white countries like Moldova, Kosovo etc are crumbling and it's population are emigrating, the 8% superhuman white South Africans are the reason SA is not Nigeria right? grin grin grin The stupidity

3 Likes

Re: Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) by theTranscriber: 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2021
KingCold:
They view the entire black world with a Nigerian prism. Not every country in Africa is like Nigeria, yes SA has corruption too but the latching of negative stories to paint all blacks as evil or inadequate so as to fuel the misguided view that whites are superior to black people annoys me so much. It's as if this stadium corruption now nullifies other world-class stadiums that we have built.
just ignore the fools
they hate themselves

fools angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / Zimbabwean Socialite 'Ginimbi' Bought Casket A Week Before His Death (photos) / Stuart Varney: Zelensky Is A Puppet Not A Hero. Fake News Coming From Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.