Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,295 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Bride Price Wahala - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Bride Price Wahala (485 Views)

The Imo State Bride Price Wahala / "After 14 Years Of Dating, He Came To Pay My Bride Price" - Beautiful Lady Says / Man Marrying 6 Women In Delta, Pays Bride Price Of 3, Leaves 3 Stubborn Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bride Price Wahala by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 08, 2021
From times past in our Nigerian culture, before a man marries a woman, he is given a list, which he has to purchase the items written on that list before he can marry the girl...

Before now, the list contained little item and thus could be considered as cheap, but now it seems like the marriage list has now become a poverty alleviation scheme on the part of the brides family, where the items in the list can range from hundreds of thousands to millions of naira, an amount that is sufficient to purchase a plot of land in some parts of the country...

Now if the girl in question was to be a well charactered and disciplined virgin girl, I don't believe any man would complain, but that doesn't seem to be the case (lots of times)...the girl in question is seldom a virgin, she's seldom well behaved and doesnt even know what it takes to keep a home...

So the question then is, since the females are claiming equality, should the concept of bride price continue?? Should the marriage list not be split between the male and the female, since they're equal?? And besides sef what are we even paying for??

N/B: I don't think men are Superior to women, but I don't think they're also equal grin
Re: Bride Price Wahala by brosom(m): 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2021
IF

YOU

ASK

ME

NA

WHO

I

GO

ASK.....! undecided
Re: Bride Price Wahala by Ehmmah588(m): 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2021
Where all those online feminists?!??...come answer this question
Re: Bride Price Wahala by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2021
That's why I like those White's, saw a pic of some couple on ig that got married recently in Kansas. Just the priest the young man , and his wife no noise. And I'm pretty sure Bride price shit was not attached too.
But here reverse is the case . we make too much noise to the extents that heaven use to know sometimes that a pretty louisy marriage is going on . ..

1 Like

Re: Bride Price Wahala by siofra(f): 12:31am On Oct 09, 2021
Now if the girl in question was to be a well charactered and disciplined virgin girl, I don't believe any man would complain, but that doesn't seem to be the case (lots of times)...the girl in question is seldom a virgin, she's seldom well behaved and doesnt even know what it takes to keep a home...

Why will you men even marry someone you think is not well behaved?

Re: Bride Price Wahala by doubleZ88(m): 10:06am On Oct 10, 2021
things r changing really fast.
Re: Bride Price Wahala by Qatar2022: 10:38am On Oct 10, 2021
siofra:

Why will you men even marry someone you think is not well behaved?
I don't understand how you Nigeria girls thinks, you forgot the question and went to quote another person

(1) (Reply)

He Walked Past This Goldmine For 5 Years But Never Made A Dime / The Reason Men Cheat / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.