Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

The Imo State Bride Price Wahala - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Imo State Bride Price Wahala (2814 Views)

Bride Price Wahala / Picture Of A Suspected Imo State Bride And The Bride Price Items. / "After 14 Years Of Dating, He Came To Pay My Bride Price" - Beautiful Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Osita070: 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2021
A lot has been about the incessant charge of bride in Imo State,the Eastern part of Nigeria. Imo state is one of the South Eastern states of Nigeria, and their bride price is considered highest not just in South East but in Nigeria.

Well,I don’t know how one came up with the permutation but there’ve been a lot of reactions by supposed grooms over the bride price in Imo especially in one of the L.G.As of Imo popularly known as Mbaise.

Just on the 7th of January 2020, a Facebook user with the username MC Emmydon took to his wall to lament on the list of items his friend who he went alongside with brought as a bride price.
Well,I don’t know how one came up with the permutation but there’ve been a lot of reactions by supposed grooms over the bride price in Imo especially in one of the L.G.As of Imo popularly known as Mbaise.

Just on the 7th of January 2020, a Facebook user with the username MC Emmydon took to his wall to lament on the list of items his friend who he went alongside with brought as a bride price.

https://relationshipadvice.com.ng/

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by felong(m): 12:14pm On Jan 12, 2021
All those items there aren't up to 200k. So why all the noise?

7 Likes

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2021
grin

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by gamapoy540: 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2021
fef
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by InfernoNig: 12:37pm On Jan 12, 2021
felong:

E pass baba.
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by westlius(m): 12:51pm On Jan 12, 2021
Bride price is what is holding most ladies unmarried

2 Likes

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by EzegeNdiigbo: 1:27pm On Jan 12, 2021
I Didn't see any reasonable item there

Op abi you wanna show fr FPG??

1 Like

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by cassyrooy(m): 2:28pm On Jan 12, 2021
SmellySperm:
grin
I just imagine this and I fear for women.

Anyway, e no go work for me.
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Sixfeetbelle: 2:44pm On Jan 12, 2021
Everytime this issue comes up, you will see men shouting bride price is too much, they are selling their daughters that's why men don't respect women, and the rest of their unintelligent jargons.

Ogbeni, will you shut up there? Do you know how much was spent on the girl since she was born till before you met her? Her feeding? Her clothing? Her shelter? Her schooling? The money spent in raising some kids is enough to buy a plot of land and build a mansion in it. Can you monetise it in today's currency exchange and tell me how much should have been the bride price?

Just because you spent two million to wed her, you're now wailing like a headless chicken. Oponu. You, calculate how much your parents spent on you before you became independent and tell me if two million is anywhere near that amount.

See, let this nonsense of 'too much bride price' end here. You are not buying the lady, nobody is selling her to you cause even if they were, cause you can't afford it. So, jejely, pay the one you can and keep quiet about the rest.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by felong(m): 3:00pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:
Everytime this issue comes up, you will see men shouting bride price is too much, they are selling their daughters that's why men don't respect women, and the rest of their unintelligent jargons.

Ogbeni, will you shut up there? Do you know how much was spent on the girl since she was born till before you met her? Her feeding? Her clothing? Her shelter? Her schooling? The money spent in raising some kids is enough to buy a plot of land and build a mansion in it. Can you monetise it in today's currency exchange and tell me how much should have been the bride price?

Just because you spent two million to wed her, you're now wailing like a headless chicken. Oponu. You, calculate how much your parents spent on you before you became independent and tell me if two million is anywhere near that amount.

See, let this nonsense of 'too much bride price' end here. You are not buying the lady, nobody is selling her to you cause even if they were, cause you can't afford it. So, jejely, pay the one you can and keep quiet about the rest.
Why do u always sound so frustrated n angry. If actually a husband is paying for what the parents spent on the girl then the girl must be worth it. Not someone with a borehole pússy that cannot stay faithful to her husband n won't hesitate to give u bastards fathered by her ex.

8 Likes

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Sacrosanct12(m): 3:08pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

this ur comment dey turn belle seriously. So who go pay my parents for all the expenses made on ? The parents should have not train her at all.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by ayanbadejo68166: 3:11pm On Jan 12, 2021
Bride price is what is holding most ladies unmarried
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Sixfeetbelle: 3:13pm On Jan 12, 2021
felong:

Why do u always sound so frustrated n angry. If actually a husband is paying for what the parents spent on the girl then the girl must be worth it. Not someone with a borehole pússy that cannot stay faithful to her husband n won't hesitate to give u bastards fathered by her ex.

Why do you like talking off point?

Bride price is merely a token from the amount spent on the lady and should not warrant people saying 'they are selling their daughters'.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Sixfeetbelle: 3:16pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sacrosanct12:
this ur comment dey turn belle seriously. So who go pay my parents for all the expenses made on ? The parents should have not train her at all.

Nobody is paying the parents anything that's what I'm saying. Bride price is too small in comparison to what was spent to raise the girl and that's why people should stop saying 'they're selling their daughters'
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Kennyswag: 3:31pm On Jan 12, 2021
Who them help abeg
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by felong(m): 3:34pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

Why do you like talking off point?

Bride price is merely a token from the amount spent on the lady and should not warrant people saying 'they are selling their daughters'.
U must be sick. Let me educate u since u lack education. U called it merely token
Calculate primary, second and in some cases university education. Everything wouldn't reach 1m. It won't.
Yet the man spends close to 3m in white and traditional wedding for a borehole pússyand u call it merely token. U are mad.

3 Likes

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Liposure: 3:36pm On Jan 12, 2021
Bride price would make sense if my wife to be was a virgin

7 Likes

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 3:42pm On Jan 12, 2021
felong:
shocked
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by felong(m): 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2021
InfernoNig:

E pass baba.
Unless now when things don cost like mad, if it was 3-4 years ago those things wouldn't reach up to 200k.
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Michelle55: 3:59pm On Jan 12, 2021
Wetin Imo state women do una sef? undecided it's not this expensive in my place.

Perhaps the guy is just catching cruise, who knows!
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by InfernoNig: 4:03pm On Jan 12, 2021
felong:

Unless now when things don cost like mad, if it was 3-4 years ago those things wouldn't reach up to 200k.

Yes and it was on the 7th of this month
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Pochettino(f): 4:52pm On Jan 12, 2021
Never marry an Imo or Anambra (Nnewi) girl. They are not worth it. How can u pay heavily for a non virgin?

Come for we Enugu or Ebonyi babes. Delta too. W
We're bae. kiss

1 Like

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by BigDick70inch(m): 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2021
[s]
Sixfeetbelle:

[/s]

Gnat brain.....
U never disappointed....
I knew someone was gon come up with some stupid........
So...the husband to be parent didn't spend on him too abi
Aarindin....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by felong(m): 5:24pm On Jan 12, 2021
BigDick70inch:

Gnat brain.....
U never disappointed....
Aarindin....
Guy leave that frustrated evening news paper.

3 Likes

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by sunshineV(f): 5:31pm On Jan 12, 2021
and the girl fit no get sense o
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Sixfeetbelle: 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2021
felong:

U must be sick. Let me educate u since u lack education. U called it merely token
Calculate primary, second and in some cases university education. Everything wouldn't reach 1m. It won't.
Yet the man spends close to 3m in white and traditional wedding for a borehole pússyand u call it merely token. U are mad.

You're the unintelligent one here. Let me list the expenses for you since you can't seem to do it.

Feeding three times a day for 365 days for 25 years.
House rent per year for 30 years (at least).
Clothing periodically (including pampers and pad) until 25. Not minding toiletries and undergarments.
School fees per term for 3 terms for 10 years primary school level. Some went to playgroup and creche.
School fees per term for 3 terms for 6 years secondary. Never minding Jamb fees and Jamb lessons and waec resits.
School fees for 4/5 years with the almighty year one registration including school house rent.
Convocation fees and clearance fees and Nysc wahala.

Now tell me in hindsight, how 2 million compares to these expenses?

1 Like

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Sixfeetbelle: 5:39pm On Jan 12, 2021
BigDick70inch:

Gnat brain.....
U never disappointed....
Aarindin....

You're the one who lack comprehension.

Whatever a guy pays for the bride price pales greatly in comparison to what parents spent on the girl and should never be used as a measure of judgement.

No parent is selling their daughter as your bride price is too low compared to any expenses they ever did.
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by felong(m): 5:42pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

You're the unintelligent one here. Let me list the expenses for you since you can't seem to do it.

Feeding three times a day for 365 days for 25 years.
House rent per year for 30 years (at least).
Clothing periodically (including pampers and pad) until 25. Not minding toiletries and undergarments.
School fees per term for 3 terms for 10 years primary school level. Some went to playgroup and creche.
School fees per term for 3 terms for 6 years secondary. Never minding Jamb fees and Jamb lessons and waec resits.
School fees for 4/5 years with the almighty year one registration including school house rent.
Convocation fees and clearance fees and Nysc wahala.

Now tell me in hindsight, how 2 million compares to these expenses?
So who refunds the parents of the groom. Or all those things you listed there didn't his parents spend it on him. Just shut up your mouth. So it's only the girls parents that needs to be refunded not the groom's parents. I've been reading ur posts on this forum n ur Always sounding very selfish, frustrated and bias. Everything about ur posts must be in favour of women. No neutral and logical thinking. I really feel sorry for whoever will be foolish enough to say he wants to marry u. Such guy will never no peace in his life cos u will quarrel and nag him to death.

7 Likes

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Sixfeetbelle: 5:44pm On Jan 12, 2021
felong:

So who refunds the parents of the groom. Or all those things you listed there didn't his parents spend it on him. Just shut up your mouth. So it's only the girls parents that needs to be refunded not the groom's parents. I've been reading ur posts on this forum n ur Always sounding very selfish, frustrated and bias. Everything about ur posts must be in favour of women. No neutral and logical thinking. I really feel sorry for whoever will be foolish enough to say he wants to marry u. Such guy will never no peace in his life cos u will quarrel and nag him to death.

Now you are wailing. grin cheesy

Men will never stop amazing me.
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by felong(m): 5:46pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

Now you are wailing. grin cheesy

Men will never stop amazing me.
Looks like I strick a nerve. Truth hurts right, choke on it. U are an evening newspaper and we all no it. U come.here to pour out ur frustration on men because none is coming to wed ur rotten pússy. grin
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Pweetyccee(f): 5:59pm On Jan 12, 2021
Pochettino:
Never marry an Imo or Anambra (Nnewi) girl. They are not worth it. How can u pay heavily for a non virgin?

We're bae. kiss

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by ChangedMan1999(m): 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2021
Pochettino:

We're bae. kiss

Come on, get out of here.

U useless pig that is trying to cause inter tribal war here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What I Did When A Lady I Invited On A Date Came With Her Friend (Video) / After a Date, Penpal Says, "I don't like you as much as you may like me" / Are Beautiful Girls More Unfaithful Than Their Plainer Sisters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.