Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. (20156 Views)

Electrician Electrocuted While Working On A Pole In Port-Harcourt. Photos / The Disadvantages Of Working Under A Woman In An Office / Lagos Bus Conductor Dresses Corporately While Working (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by bepositive11: 5:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
larryking540:

don't forget these are they type of men most girls want to get married to , thank god u have seen the other side of been wealthy already

True. I feel sorry for those girls. They have no idea of what they're getting into. And sometimes, those men use money to woo the woman while dating, but after marriage, they become very frugal

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Born2conquer: 5:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
CaptainAyub:

Well,you have mentioned something significant "run my personal company".
Apart from that,hmmm.
The person no de rest?
Cos if he's resting,you can be resting too.
Besides you apparently do not do domestic work for him also so you could also rest when the domestic staff take over.
Well,to each,his own.
You won’t understand brother, But you will understand someday

I will rather invest such time into my own personal life and business

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Genesils(m): 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
webincomeplus:

I just saw your signature, and I want us to talk over a potential writing gig for you. Send an email to basicfreelance ((at)) Gmail ##dotcom##

Awesome! Thank you grin
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by SocialJustice: 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
lekonso:

He didn't even think that you could run away with the #1. 5m
Big man done arrest you before? Do not pray to experience it.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Aganju849: 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
JackWolfskin:
I play my part.

Don't work 'under' an elite. Work 'with' them.

If you're doing business with an 'elite', drop the formality. Just a bit though.

Call them by their name once in a while.
Look into their eyes.
Speak truthfully but don't blab.

...and abeg no call anybody Oga. I don't even like being called Oga personally.

Something like, 'Good morning Mr Osewa'.

Or

Oga at the top- 'Ok, I'll tell my back office to look at it.'

Oga... - 'Good good! I'll tell Alexx to see you.' (Alert don enter be that)

Naija culture don't work that way. People invariably expect you to kiss their åsses so long as they pay you a salary.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by bepositive11: 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
SAMAJ:
I worked with a super millionaire in Dolphin Estate. He travelled out of the country and kept about 1.5m cash with me to be disbursing to people he wanted to help. At that time in was struggling to pay for my son's WAEC registration. I sent an email requesting for a loan of 10k from my boss. He turned me down straightaway. I vex, and I took 10k from the money he kept with me. When he came back, I explained to him that I was frustrated to take the 10k that he should deduct it from my salary. He said he didn't give me approval to take from his money and that am a thief. I tried to explain that if I don't pay the WAEC money at that time and the registration closes, it means that my son would not write WAEC that year. He refused to listen to my excuse. The following day, na mouth he take sack me o.

You broke his trust in you

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by SocialJustice: 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
tradepunter:
Elite is relative oo

Mine was with an international NGO head of security. Didn't know the oyinbo was a former elite commander of a special force.

What I learned from working under that guy ehnnn, am sure none of the niaja security architecture have such knowledge.
Na so you think, they do.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by bepositive11: 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
Khaleepha5681:
General difference between Rich and poor is simple.

Poor is held in the chains of religion

Rich is holding the chain of religion

Rich work while poor pray

Rich is sad while poor is happy

Somewhat true but you can't generalise. Some rich people are happy. It's really up to them to decide if they want to be happy
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Born2conquer: 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
CaptainAyub:

You are the low IQ person here.
Opportunity comes but once.
Intelligent ppl work terribly hard in their youthful days,and relax in your later days.Some may decide to retire at 45 sef after working hard in their earlier days.
Na your type go use your first salary go marry cos you want "steady fork"
Na immediate gratification na im de kill una wey be Africans hence you see a man working like donkey in his 70s because he was always "having time for himself" in his youthful days.
If your idea of working terribly hard is working for a wealthy man, I can assure you you won’t retire by 45 and the rich man can wake one day and sack you with no reason, they do that a lot and guess what? You’re already used to that flamboyant lifestyle without actually having a savings for yourself and that is when reality will dawn on you.

Yes, I was earning 400k but prior to meeting the wealthy woman, I was averaging in some substantial money and I had the time to rest, sleep, go on vacation, plan my life and also plan my brand.

The moment I started working with that woman as a strategist, my whole life was paused.

You will be faced with connections you can’t have
You will be exposed to money you might never touch

Advice: if you have the opportunity to work with a wealthy person, learn while working, resign creatively but keep contact with the rich man as a fellow wealthy man.

Guess what? I will be sending a RAM to my 2020 client as Christmas gift this year and guess what? That will upgrade me from Ex-staff to fellow business man and I promise when we will be meeting, I will be going with my cleanest ride.

But HEY, If yoh stay as a worker, you will be used till you retire at 60 with no pension fund

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Genesils(m): 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2021
You're smart and obviously talking from experience grin
JackWolfskin:
I play my part.

Don't work 'under' an elite. Work 'with' them.

If you're doing business with an 'elite', drop the formality. Just a bit though.

Call them by their name once in a while.
Look into their eyes.
Speak truthfully but don't blab.

...and abeg no call anybody Oga. I don't even like being called Oga personally.

Something like, 'Good morning Mr Osewa'.

Or

Oga at the top- 'Ok, I'll tell my back office to look at it.'

Oga... - 'Good good! I'll tell Alexx to see you.' (Alert don enter be that)
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Born2conquer: 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abimbola29:

Oga it's not easy as you think,you need time for your self,let me explain something since the beginning of this year,I have never for once sleep on bed till 6am,not even on a Sunday coz of the nature of my work it is telling on me psychologically, stress can kill faster as I speak I am in my late 20 but I look 40 coz of stress
Most won’t understand, rich men will use you like they’re doing you a favour

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Born2conquer: 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2021
SocialJustice:
Exactly. Any small money them see, na to sit down beer parlour dey gist, drink beer, dey rub ashawo lap dey laugh aloud like fool.
Not everybody will be like you

Choose money over peace of mind, at least your next of kin will enjoy your money once you die.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by SocialJustice: 5:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
Born2conquer:

Not everybody will be like you

Choose money over peace of mind, at least your next of kin will enjoy your money once you die.
Lol, my youth is for working and I intend to work hard until I retire, when I rest albeit short it will be quality rest. I have friends who earn 500k to 2m monthly. Those guys and girls are always working. Thing is because Nigeria is a useless country where good jobs barely exist, people do not know what it means to actually have a good job.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Born2conquer: 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2021
SocialJustice:
Lol, my youth is for working and I intend to work hard until I retire, when I rest albeit short it will be quality rest. I have friends who earn 500k to 2m monthly. Those guys and girls are always working. Thing is because Nigeria is a useless country where good jobs barely exist, people do not know what it means to actually have a good job.
No harm in working but don’t work under someone using you like a slave all because of money.

Don’t stay in a toxic environment because of the gain

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by emmnprince(m): 6:04pm On Oct 11, 2021
Born2conquer:

That’s your choice, if I die at work
Life will move on and the client will hire someone else.

My life, my choice

You dey mind that guy! He spoke because he hasn't experience such life working with an elite whose time is your time. Probably, the comfort, money & privileges of moving around and seeing places and people he thought up in his mind would compensate for the time.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by usy309(m): 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
Born2conquer:

No harm in working but don’t work under someone using you like a slave all because of money.

Bros....at time is conditional
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Johel(m): 6:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
seankim:
I wish there is a better way to present this.

Have you ever worked or currently working under a super rich man/woman? a celebrity a high class politician? please share your experience with them.

Based on my own experience with my former boss(A billionaire businessman), the rich live like any other people out there, nothing so special. They have their own 'common' problems too. they also quarrel over petty things as well.

PROS: My former boss was very good to me. He took me as his own brother. We used to attend events together. I mean, super private events in places like ikoyi and banana island.
Imagine the thought that'll be running through your mind when you know that you don't actually belong to a gathering.
(flamboyant life at ikoyi in the day, your own reality by evening, a rented apartment in Ogba).

CONS: While I was with him, I didn't have my time to myself.

They are really difficult to work with though...they are psychopaths,one won't know what they want,one won't understand them until u've worked with them for a number of years or one is a psychologist.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by NgwalandAbia(m): 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
post=106646294:
We wish we have an experience to share.
Non of us @[b][/b] have the opportunity to work directly under any elite
But we learnt a lot from the good ones among them.
Life experienced that shaped our future.

I was waiting to hear small gist about Buhari.

You don't have job Man.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Ylink4sure: 6:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
Shikena:
You learn fast the difference between emotional thinking and rational thinking.
They don't have time for stories. You also learn why it's only the poor that call people stingy, they don't have that word in their dictionary. They know the value of every dime spent or wasted today and the impact on your tomorrow.

Precise and Concise!

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Joydan95: 6:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
SAMAJ:
I worked with a super millionaire in Dolphin Estate. He travelled out of the country and kept about 1.5m cash with me to be disbursing to people he wanted to help. At that time in was struggling to pay for my son's WAEC registration. I sent an email requesting for a loan of 10k from my boss. He turned me down straightaway. I vex, and I took 10k from the money he kept with me. When he came back, I explained to him that I was frustrated to take the 10k that he should deduct it from my salary. He said he didn't give me approval to take from his money and that am a thief. I tried to explain that if I don't pay the WAEC money at that time and the registration closes, it means that my son would not write WAEC that year. He refused to listen to my excuse. The following day, na mouth he take sack me o.
It means you can rob him if you are pushed to. That is how he sensed it

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by SocialJustice: 6:47pm On Oct 11, 2021
Born2conquer:

I work for myself
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by caandi: 6:52pm On Oct 11, 2021
Well they would use you, owe you, and still borrow the little you have and won’t even pay back. They will also give you endless promises which they will never fulfill but instead use it to keep you bound

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Born2conquer: 6:52pm On Oct 11, 2021
SocialJustice:
I work for myself
okay at this point it’s means we are both saying the same Thing, you’re working on your own and That is the reason why you won’t really understand what it means to work under someone

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

You got experience baby girl and your boyfriend must be a real niggar

Rich people are one hell of a stingy people...

They obviously didn't get rich by giving money away.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by WaffenSS(m): 7:02pm On Oct 11, 2021
What the hell is an "elite person"?
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Redpill666: 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2021
All the responses indicate that nairaland is hub for the poor people. Seems wealthy people do not comment on nairaland.

It is so scary to read these many shameful reasoning.

Do you even know that there is a reason you are poor? Have you ever dedicated time to reason deeply on the reason you not doing well?

When you do that, and be blessed with an opportunity to be near wealth, you better ignore your parasitism and watch out on how wealth is grown. Learn the process and replicate it in your life and ignore the mannerism of your host.

Note that people do not change because they got more wealth, people change when they face truth about life and our nature and function in the world. Wealthy people are human beings with their flaws and happen to be wealthy based on their own struggles or ventures.

Stop this reasoning and be good to others so when you also become rich, you can be a good Elite.

Philanthropy comes after Achievement of Goal. Pray to get to your top, so you can plan your philanthropy and be a good person.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by larryking540: 7:09pm On Oct 11, 2021
bepositive11:

True. I feel sorry for those girls. They have no idea of what they're getting into. And sometimes, those men use money to woo the woman while dating, but after marriage, they become very frugal
that has been the scope from ages men use,till God comes, it's better you know your guy is stingy but gives when he has willingly than after marriage e hand go con tight,but it's too late to cry , any lady I meet I always tell them my tru self ,if I have I give and don't play games to take money from me ,,some are cool with it, atleast am been straight and truthful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Millimann: 7:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
Greystone:

Very true.
I had a multi millionaire boss who always paid my salary from the middle to the end of the next month.
His excuse was always that he forgot.
Very annoying.

Forgot Like wtf

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by bepositive11: 7:18pm On Oct 11, 2021
larryking540:

that has been the scope from ages men use,till God comes, it's better you know your guy is stingy but gives when he has willingly than after marriage e hand go con tight,but it's too late to cry , any lady I meet I always tell them my tru self ,if I have I give and don't play games to take money from me ,,some are cool with it, atleast am been straight and truthful

Very true. It's too late by the time they realise what's going on

It's good that you're straightforward and honest. Sadly though, many women don't know the value of it
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by MrMacinterchi1: 7:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
ignis:
That your cons is not a con.
I think it is.
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by MOTIONTECH(m): 7:25pm On Oct 11, 2021
CaptainAyub:

Exactly.
Valuable contact and experience.
lol.......rich people no dey help dont deceive your self that contact and connection thing na scam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This / Is There A Bright Future For Biotechnologists In Nigeria? / Customs To Sack 400 More Officers Or Even More - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.