Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? (1380 Views)

How To Say An Actual No To Sexual Immoralities / The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama / Meaning Of Ash Wednesday And Why Anglicans Celebrate It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by SSIPON(m): 8:43am On Oct 09, 2021
So let me get things straight, Job was just minding his business.
Na God first find trouble o.
God began to brag about Job with Satan.
God bets with Satan that Job will not turn away from him.

There are a few things to note here:
1. God is omniscient, meaning that He literally knew that He would win the bet and that Job will not turn against him, but He somehow gave Satan the permission to Bleep Job up.
2. After Job loses everything including his family, God simply replaces them like they are livestock or something undecided. Meaning that innocent children lost their lives over a stupid bet between God and Satan, when God knew fully fell that He would win the bet.
shocked
What was that Job story trying to achieve in the first place?
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:47am On Oct 09, 2021
Read romans 9:9-24 in new living translation or ICB BIBLE

To see why you don't question the things of God and Why God Does Everything He Does

We must give thanks to God
In anything that happens to anyone
Whether good or bad

We thank him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by Kobojunkie: 11:31am On Oct 09, 2021
SSIPON:
Please try to read through the book again as if reading through a novel of some sort. The Book of Job is book that gives you insight into how God works by looking at at particular period in the life of Job, a righteous man. undecided

You learn of God, of Satan, and the interaction that typically exists between the righteous(Job) and the unrighteous(Job's friends). One of the lessons in that book is the righteous need not be ashamed of their conviction and resolve. One also learns that no matter how terrible it may seem, God remains sovereign. undecided

I implore you to make time to read that book again, only this time, approach it as if for the first time, and read it as you would any interesting novel. undecided
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2021
SSIPON:
God bets with Satan that Job will not turn away from him...

That's what happens when we have CHAMPIONS.

WE ARE HAPPY TO RAISE THEM UP THAT THEY BEAT EVERYONE, INCLUDING SATAN.
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by truespeak: 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2021
SSIPON:

No wrong here, for it is seen that we Always Boast about our Best of the Best!

SSIPON:

1. God is omniscient, meaning that He literally knew that He would win the bet and that Job will not turn against him, but He somehow gave Satan the permission to Bleep Job up.

See cry!

Because Job prevailed over Satan, as God said He would? grin see Lamentation on behalf of Satan o grin

SSIPON:

2. After Job loses everything including his family, God simply replaces them like they are livestock or something undecided. Meaning that innocent children lost their lives over a stupid bet between God and Satan, when God knew fully fell that He would win the bet.
shocked

See "crying more than the bereaved" grin

Job being God's understood his loss and why it came about and his subsequent compensation and restoration, but I understand you are not crying for him but for Satan's Mighty Loss! grin grin

God Won and Satan Lost in Spite of His Over Effort!

[/quote]

Amongst other things, that Satan in spite of his Bestest Efforts Can Not pluck out God's own from His Hand! grin
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by Workch: 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2021
SSIPON:

shocked
God killed job kids because of a bet with Satan.
A useless narcissist God that kills people for fun. Imagine a God killing you because he wants to test your dad
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by Ehiscotch(m): 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2021
You aren't really interested in knowing about Job. Even if we give you answers you would say it is biblical and all what not like the story wasn't.

It's like reading the story of a man and using the character, words, previous or subsequent actions of the man to explain his decision and you say we are being illogical. And you present your flawed and subjective human reasoning as basis for your skepticism.
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by Ehiscotch(m): 3:18pm On Oct 09, 2021
Workch:
A useless narcissist God that kills people for fun. Imagine a God killing you because he wants to test your dad

I just feel the need to ask if you believe in the greater good. Do you?
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2021
Workch:

No different from you spoilng your shock absorbers just to show how strong your car is on rough roads.
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2021
Ehiscotch:

I just feel the need to ask if you believe in the greater good. Do you?

A satanist can not accept Good!
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:49pm On Oct 09, 2021
Ehiscotch:
You aren't really interested in knowing about Job. Even if we give you answers you would say it is biblical and all what not like the story wasn't.

It's like reading the story of a man and using the character, words, previous or subsequent actions of the man to explain his decision and you say we are being illogical. And you present your flawed and subjective human reasoning as basis for your skepticism.

17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time
, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

So, he is just come to fulfill that which was foretold!

That's all
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by orunto27: 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2021
That in all circumstances, we should have faith not forget; hope not abandon; peace not worry and love not hate in our Benefactors.

Jesus Issve was introduced that in all circumstances, we must always commune with our CREATOR.

JESUS IS JOB SUPREME IN ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by kingxsamz(m): 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2021
It means that the Christian god and Satan are buddies who sometimes hangout, have fun and make bets with each other over bottles of beer.

4 Likes

Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by SSIPON(m): 7:39am On Oct 10, 2021
truespeak:

No wrong here, for it is seen that we Always Boast about our Best of the Best!

See cry!

Because Job prevailed over Satan, as God said He would? grin see Lamentation on behalf of Satan o grin

See "crying more than the bereaved" grin

Job being God's understood his loss and why it came about and his subsequent compensation and restoration, but I understand you are not crying for him but for Satan's Mighty Loss! grin grin

God Won and Satan Lost in Spite of His Over Effort!

Amongst other things, that Satan in spite of his Bestest Efforts Can Not pluck out God's own from His Hand! grin

So in short, you are saying that innocent kids lost their lives over a bet that an omniscient being knew he'd win? Okay o. Tell me how God is all kind and all loving grin you can cry about it.

1 Like

Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by truespeak: 7:42am On Oct 10, 2021
SSIPON:

So in short, you are saying that innocent kids lost their lives over a bet that an omniscient being knew he'd win? Okay o. Tell me how God is all kind and all loving grin you can cry about it.

I have already answered this up above so your repeating yourself is proof you have no answer grin grin grin
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by Bacteriologist(m): 7:50am On Oct 10, 2021
The job story is a classic example of the sadistic and psychopathic nature of many Christians, and most importantly their god.

"Well job suffered greatly but he got his possessions back in many fold."

Does that justify god putting one of his most faithful servants through such a notoriously bad situation because of a bet...with...wait for it...satan?

How do you explain the death of his sons and daughters who knew nothing about the bet or whatever it is their father was doing and died innocently for nothing. What did they get back in return? Yeah... nothing but death right?

What moral lesson is there to be learnt from God persecuting an upright man?

It only demonstrates the twisted morality and the lack of thinking of many people who believe the Bible is gods word.

1 Like

Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by sonmvayina(m): 7:54am On Oct 10, 2021
The story never really happened, first of all. It was written to teach certain spiritual truth and principles.
So I will go ahead and enumerate the messages in the story.

1. The devil is a son of God..never an equal opposite or dual opposite. To think otherwise is an insult against God. It is like putting the head of security and the VC of a university in same category.

2. The devil is under the control of God. It is absurd to think that there is something God created that he can't control.

3. The devil has no will outside the will of God. He is part of God's kingdom..

4. The devil is not independent of God.
5. The devil does only what God tells him to do. No more no less.

6. It is the will of God that prevails ALL the time..
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by SSIPON(m): 8:10am On Oct 10, 2021
truespeak:

I have already answered this up above so your repeating yourself is proof you have no answer grin grin grin

No, you didn't, that's why I am repeating it.
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by truespeak: 8:13am On Oct 10, 2021
SSIPON:

So know you have added lying to your name grin, grin well it is expected from your kind!
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by SSIPON(m): 8:16am On Oct 10, 2021
truespeak:

So know you have added lying to your name grin, grin well it is expected from your kind!

Lol, God is omniscient, so why did the kids have to suffer from something He would win anyways?
You call me a liar, anyways what would I expect from someone that believes that sticks can turn into snakes.
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by Workch: 8:16am On Oct 10, 2021
SSIPON:

truespeak is the same as Dtruthspeaker.
It’s not even hard to figure

This is the mental state I have brought him down to. Multiple monikers to defend a god that cannot defend himself cheesy

1 Like

Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by truespeak: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2021
SSIPON:

Lol, God is omniscient, so why did the kids have to suffer from something He would win anyways?
You call me a liar, anyways what would I expect from someone that believes that sticks can turn into snakes.

Bros, you do not have anything reasonable to say grin grin
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by SSIPON(m): 8:19am On Oct 10, 2021
truespeak:

Bros, you do not have anything reasonable to say grin grin

Welp, the username doesn't check out, I repeat, the username doesn't check out grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by SSIPON(m): 8:20am On Oct 10, 2021
Workch:
truespeak is the same as Dtruthspeaker.
It’s not even hard to figure

This is the mental state I have brought him down to. Multiple monikers to defend a god that cannot defend himself cheesy

I know that the guy is a fraudulent grifter.
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by Workch: 8:23am On Oct 10, 2021
SSIPON:

I know that the guy is a fraudulent grifter.
When you ask him questions, he gives you a strawman answers and then declare himself winner grin

Dtruthspeaker, he’s here to win and not learn. That’s why I troll him and give others the deserving attention

2 Likes

Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by SSIPON(m): 8:24am On Oct 10, 2021
Workch:
When you ask him questions, he gives you a strawman answers and then declare himself winner grin

Dtruthspeaker, he’s here to win and not learn. That’s why u troll him and give others the deserving attention

Creating multiple monikers to defend his hand me down deity, pathetic. @Dtruthspeaker
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by Workch: 8:26am On Oct 10, 2021
SSIPON:

Creating multiple monikers to defend his hand me down deity, pathetic. @Dtruthspeaker
That is the height.
Dogmatic people can travel unbelievable miles to defend their dogmas.

It’s the same reason we have religious terrorists.

1 Like

Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by orisa37: 8:26am On Oct 10, 2021
JOB IS SIMPLY YOU, I AND THE ISSUE (ISSVE) OF JESUS.
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by truespeak: 8:26am On Oct 10, 2021
SSIPON:

Welp, the username doesn't check out, I repeat, the username doesn't check out grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You don't forget say Na SSIPON you dey use and not Workch,o boy Na Workch suppose say this na not Ssipon grin grin grin

Failure of change of moniker!

No wonder you keep accusing me of being another for that is what you do!

I always say you would be caught if true one way or another!
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by Workch: 8:28am On Oct 10, 2021
truespeak:

You don't forget say Na SSIPON you dey use and not Workch,o boy Na Workch suppose say this na not Ssipon grin grin grin

Failure of change of moniker!

No wonder you keep accusing me of being another for that is what you do!

I always say you would be caught if true one way or another!
I can add you to a zoom meeting to prove that I am not SSIPON.

I’m not a pathetic liar dude, I no be you.

You want a zoom meeting? Let’s organize one this morning and talk about your imaginary friend cheesy

1 Like

Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by truespeak: 8:32am On Oct 10, 2021
Workch:
I can add you to a zoom meeting to prove that I am not SSIPON.

I’m not a pathetic liar dude, I no be you.

You want a zoom meeting? Let’s organize one this morning and talk about your imaginary friend cheesy

See overtrying! grin grin grin

This is how we catch criminals!

Truth does not need to try this hard but Liars do not know that! grin
Re: What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? by Workch: 8:35am On Oct 10, 2021
truespeak:

See overtrying! grin grin grin

This is how we catch criminals!

Truth does not need to try this hard but Liars do not know that! grin

https://us05web.zoom.us/j/84392776946?pwd=VzZtc2pwTnRhNFpMTGlGWjJQTlZnQT09

Join the zoom meeting if you get mind grin

We provide evidence for all we claim dude

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Heaven And Hell Do Not Exist / Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? / Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.