Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,970 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

The Best ISP In Nigeria? - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / The Best ISP In Nigeria? (36266 Views)

The Best ISP In Surulere Area, Lagos? / Swift The Best Isp In Nigeria? / Best Isp For Cyber Cafe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by init4dmoni(m): 8:48pm On Apr 27, 2009
@moonraker
could'nt ave put it beta myself
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by adaspire: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2009
I wont agree with you that swift networks is not good, I have been using swift networks for the past six months and it happened to be the fastest i have seen. I have the largest customer base in my area but if you want to use swift you must go for dedicated service for a cafe so that you can enjoy it. I rate them very very very high
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2009
Whatever the ISP you decide to use, do not get any close to DirectonPC, ask any of their customers, they all have ugly stories to tell. Once you subscribe to any ISP, it becomes almost impossible to change another because of hardware incompability.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by tunde300us(m): 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2009
Hi all.
Wat an exciting time with experience and the d experienced ! @ chikezie wat is the geography of lagos dat u cover? cos as far as i know u only cover VI,SURULERE (barely),APAPA(barely too),IKEJA (ever fluctuating) and maybe lekki, cos ur head office is arnd there.Of late i think netcom has gotten it so so wrong or rather dem don change business cos me i no dey see ur network in ma house in surulere oh!
Am sure netcom can be beta but for now dem dey on break angry
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by stanloski(m): 9:25pm On Aug 05, 2009
has anybody tried cobranet? they are making bold claims of 256kbps. I asked their sales rep and she claimed they do not get their service via sat-3 but from some german satellite company. An not holding my breath though.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by vezycash(m): 1:27am On Aug 29, 2009
Don't use IPNX ever! they just robbed my friend. He after some 3 weeks of absolutely no service was asked to pay for the new month's subscription and after he paid, 9 days later he got disconnected by IPNX who said that he had exceeded his data cap in just 9 days (how ridiculous).

These guys are thieves if you want to get robbed, loose your customers, then use IPNX.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by softtouch2(m): 8:59pm On Sep 01, 2009
Any Dial-up is no good, no matter how it was "painted" , I mean like  "broadband dial-up" etc, dial-up is dial-up. Then we need to know that ISPs "deceived" people about the speed. Some will advertised 2.4mbps speed, that  "b" is not usually byte but bits in most cases, hence you need to divide by 8 to actually get the real speed. So 2.4mbps speed becomes 300KByte/s. So, when ur ISP says dem go give you 800kbps speed dont be surprised to see less than 100KB/s
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by teespencer: 7:02am On Sep 17, 2009
HEY ALL, I ADVISE ON A CHANGE OF PLAN PLS VISIT WWW.KKONTECH.COM
DIRECT SALES HOTLINE, 07028477583
BE WISE, SHALOM!
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by kelsimeon: 2:42pm On Oct 12, 2009
Guys, the truth is that Nigeria and Nigerians are not well informed when it comes t internet by VSAT. If you're saying that DOPC is the best, then that means you've not started. have you heard about Gilat Satcom?

Their Ku works with rain (Sounds unbelievable), but it's TRUE.

Kelechi

For more info, send e-mail to kelsimeon@gmail.com
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by tunde300us(m): 6:49pm On Oct 12, 2009
it dosent sound unbelievable,its just not true. Abeg dont allow ppl tell u stuff dat dont make sense here.even if he works during rain am sure its a shower ure reefering to cos the frequency with which KU is designed is bound to be affected by weather changes not just rain ma broda.
Gilat ko gilat Ni angry
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by kelsimeon: 9:07pm On Oct 12, 2009
Tunde300us,

It works during rain. I understand your arguemment about Ku Frequency. Have you heard about ACM? It is being implemented by smart ISPs now. It may not work well, like C-band (will not work like C-band) during rain, but it works. Believe me.

Kelechi
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by tunde300us(m): 10:35pm On Oct 12, 2009
Yes i know ACM but i didnt know that GILAT modems now come with them except unless its new,but even with ur ACM am sure wen u see better rain u wont see anytin again.I know hughes modems,idirect but not IRG modems dey use ACM
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by mojid22000: 7:56am On Oct 13, 2009
Anybody with a idea of a better isp i can use in abeokuta should please post it or contact me mojid22000@yahoo.ca or 08032171496. The speed of any isp also depend on your location
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by kelsimeon: 10:51pm On Oct 13, 2009
Tunde300us,

Looks like you know it all. But ACM feature will not work with any modem that has the capability, if it has not been implemented at the hub end!
But like you know, Ku na Ku! only that some ISPs Ku VSAT internet is getting better thats all i'm trying to say.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by Druss(m): 10:22am On Oct 14, 2009
ISPs?? we have no credible ones in naija. However this is my opinion on internet companies ,

I think MTN 3G offers the best deal for someone like me

- 3GB allowance
- 24hr service
- 24000 naira for stick
- 10000 naira per month

The only downside is everyone sharing one laptop and need to install mtn software.

Looking at the price plans for Ipnx and others ,  I think i will stick with mtn ,  for now ,  maybe check out glo as well.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by tunde300us(m): 11:58am On Oct 14, 2009
ACM is just a compression mechanism and i am not against it,what i dont like is people trying to rebrand an ISP's product and giving it out to others as Nigeria is being forced down our throat.
@druss u can share MTN stick if ure a good network person,but i dont know how u want to manage 3Gig among others without not running out of allocated bandwidth
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by mayowae(m): 9:37pm On Oct 16, 2009
I can recommend IPnx where you can get their coverage. They seem to be the most stable ISP i have ever had anything to deal with. Wish you luck. Shalom.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by Mavor: 10:09pm On Oct 16, 2009
@drux, pls contact me on brenwilliam@gmail.com. need important info from you
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by holyghost(m): 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2010
well @ all and guess of Nairaland!

This is 2010 and the war is hotter than ever, most USP posted here have lost their relevance and even some has closed shops, while some has change style but poor service is still the order of the day

so If you really really want to know the best USP In NIGERIA, BEST USP IN LAGOS, BEST USP IN ABUJA and the NO 1 network just rest is with me.

Just call me on 08034 73-23-23 or mail me samholyghost@gmail.com and I'll be glad to connect you with the Best, and even provide you first level of support. Just search my email on The Internet. and see other post about me am SERIOUS ABOUT IT even after 2010 Just call me any day or mail me for fast reply.

Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by pecus: 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2010
These Indians are ripping us off.
I subscribbed to DOPC UNWIRED. After paying N12,000 for the modem, N10,000 for one month subscription and N2,000 for the configuration, I ended up with a download speed of less than 30kbps. Can you imagine a 30kbps Broadband?
Does anybody know any Chinese affiliated ISP in Nigeria?
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by bawana44(m): 9:18am On Oct 29, 2010
Can u please advice me on isp providers that can support over 20 system and still work very fast. Am not looking for cheap ones that i will regret later.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by bawana44(m): 9:29am On Oct 29, 2010
Can u please advice me on isp providers that can support over 20 system and still work very fast. Am not looking for cheap ones that i will regret later. One that can function in edo state
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by bd1(m): 1:16pm On Oct 29, 2010
@ bawana44 based on your post you want to use a full T1 connection. Use the Adtran 908 as your gateway. Based on your needs use have space for two to four phone connections on the T1 connection. The Adtran will output the phone lines to a 66 block.

A old computer running linux will make a faster filewall than most cisco routers. I recommend a system called smoothwall. My old 550mhz computer is a much faster router than the cisco 877w router.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by tunde300us(m): 9:34am On Oct 30, 2010
Hi bawana, u can mail me so that we can talk or chat.I can recommend something reasonable to you. tunde300us@gmail.com
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by Xionez(m): 4:32am On Nov 04, 2010
im is awka, pls can somone recommend a good ISP. im currently using Starcomms and the speed doesnt pass 15kb/sec
tongue
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by hakon: 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2010
It all depends on what u want. We can offer KU band and C band Vsat at good prices and quality service. call 07030106698 or send an email to ikemefuna@hyperia.com for a formal quote.
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by IshmaelD: 5:33pm On Nov 20, 2010
do you know what it will take to setup cafe business with a very fast network?
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by amark48: 6:24pm On Dec 16, 2010
If you are in Abuja, You can try this new company. Vermark GS. They are located in @ Omega Center off Aminu Kano Crescent. 09 870 1420, 09 870 1421, 09 870 1422.  To get good service, you have to pay for it.  There residential packages starts @ N45k  for 256kbps  and there small business package starts @ N85k. You get what you pay for.  I know Ethiopian airlines uses them, lots of clients at the CBN quarters in APO, National Assembly. There website: www.vermarkng.com
Re: The Best ISP In Nigeria? by freeflow: 11:23am On Dec 19, 2010
Do you want to provide internet access to all nigerians and around the world.

You can install free/Unlimited internet access for users within 5minutes on their laptops/phones and get paid 3,000naira. Every body can do it. You dont need a CV for this job

For full details send email to : joymadu15@yahoo.com or 08057473898 - You can only call during the day and (SMS at night - no calls please)

Do you want to provide internet access to all nigerians and around the world.

You can install free/Unlimited internet access for users within 5minutes on their laptops/phones and get paid 3,000naira. (imagine if you do it for 100nigerians in 10days = 300,000nara) - 2,000naira 8GB Browsng speed for 40days and 18GB(3,000naira) Browsing speed for 100days

Every body can do it. You dont need a CV for this job

For full details send email to : joymadu15@yahoo.com or 08057473898 to start installations - You can only call during the day and (SMS at night - no calls please)

Cheers and wishing you a wonderful christmas

Freeflow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

USA Used HP Elite Book 840 G3 Core I5 For Sale / Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. / How To Recover Files From A Dead Computer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.