Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson (47620 Views)

I Want To Divorce And Live Alone / Men,Please leave people's wives alone! / Men, Please Be Good And Kind To Your Wife If You Wish To Enjoy Your Old Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Amarisco(f): 3:31pm On Oct 11, 2021
30naira:

Firstly,
I have explained to you already that social research is location specific! Once again, social research is location specific! It is not relatable period. Let me re emphasize with another example so that you can get it. A US research shows that 70% of people support LGBT rights.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/350486/record-high-support-same-sex-marriage.aspx

Can we simply relate that to Nigeria?? Well NO
Look at the Nigerian research data
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN18C2T8
90% of Nigerians support criminalizing homosexuality.

If you ask why men die in US, you get a US answer. What researchers do is to ask the same question in Nigeria and get a nigeria answer.

One the pay gap issue, the burden of proof should be on you. You are the one that alleged that there is a pay discrimination. If you say that you saw a ghost, it's not up to me to prove that there is no ghost. It is you who has to prove that there was a ghost.

I have perused several salary structures in Nigeria, Conhess, conmess, conptiss, conaus etc. I have not seen anyone that has separate pay for men and women. Same as all the establishment I know. I have not heard a woman complain of being paid less because of her gender. So if it exists, please show me.

Ps: I would really love a reply on this. It will wrap up the entire discuss

You keep making counter claims and not presenting any tangible data. Instead you went out of your way to give me LGBT data. There is no essence in that - you could have used that same strength to look for valuable research that disproves what I’ve said

Furthermore we are not in court nor are we discussing the law. So there is no issue of burden of proof here. It’s about analysing the data on ground. Stop telling me what you did or didn’t hear, it holds no weight.

You criticised the research, ok, but you didn’t proffer any alternatives.

It’s either you substantiate your claims or you don’t.

No long ting.

Here’s some ‘Nigerian specific’ research specially curated for you. Waiting eagerly to see yours

https://www.mcser.org/journal/index.php/mjss/article/download/208/193

https://www.ifc.org/wps/wcm/connect/e5379422-79cf-4fb4-8294-7bdbcba0f187/IFC+Nigeria+Gender+Gap+Assessment+Infographic+Update+5.8.21+%28003%29.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=nIrhlFq

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs40847-019-00079-9

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1035304616677655
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Amarisco(f): 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
murphyibiam15:

grin grin unteachable proud felon, bye. I won't reply u anymore

Clap for yourself
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by murphyibiam15(m): 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2021
HIPROFILE:

Honestly and much painful when finally your kids all grown start making money and fending for themselves then you see them channel all the care and gift items to their mother whilst some if at all they have the heart to gift their father they will give him dry gin as per gods of the house...mcheeewww Still men wont complain but hide the bitter emotions in their hearts these are part of the reasons mean hardly give hard laughter unto jokes cos they have a lot bordering their minds which they dont want to share lest they be seen as a weak man or something.
grin grin grin you made me laugh so hard, as per gods of the house, na make him drink die out and leave space for them. Is just now I'm starting to know why men don't laugh out loud to a joke from your writeupcheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by murphyibiam15(m): 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
HIPROFILE:

Lol my brother honestly things and things you will get to see and experience directly and you need no one else to make you understand the kind of sacrifice and things responsible fathers go through as you get married and begin to witness them e go just be like shells been cover your eyes and ears and now they are just fallen off....lol

When i was growing up i do hear some parents say they will marry a wife to their young stubborn and kinda wayward son so he can be responsible.

I did not really understand this until I became a father.
grin grin guy you're too funny aswear cheesy
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by 30naira: 3:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
Amarisco:

You keep making counter claims and not presenting any tangible data. Instead you went out of your way to give me LGBT data. There is no essence in that - you could have used that same strength to look for valuable research that disproves what I’ve said

Furthermore we are not in court nor are we discussing the law. So there is no issue of burden of proof here. It’s about analysing the data on ground. Stop telling me what you did or didn’t hear, it holds no weight.

No long ting

I don't have any data to show you, because there is none. That research has not been carried out in Nigeria, to the best of my knowledge. So as a scientist, I can not make any bold claim since there is no data. I will also not import data from the US and argue that it is the same in Nigeria, because social research is location bound I have explained this to you with examples. I believe you have gotten the point already, but just arguing out of spite.
Without data from a research conducted in Nigeria, everything you and I have on this issue are merely opinions.

1 Like

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Amarisco(f): 3:56pm On Oct 11, 2021
30naira:

I don't have any data to show you, because there is none. That research has not been carried out in Nigeria, to the best of my knowledge. So as a scientist, I can not make any bold claim since there is no data. I will also not import data from the US and argue that it is the same in Nigeria, because social research is location bound I have explained this to you with examples. I believe you have gotten the point already, but just arguing out of spite.
Without data from a research conducted in Nigeria, everything you and I have on this issue are merely opinions.

Sorry I had added the location bound evidence to my original comment before u posted,

Go and see
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
Simdyofficial:
your mama own fit be drum cheesy

Eleribu omo, Go find something useful to do with your life before It's too late Instead of Impersonating up and down.....grin
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by 30naira: 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
Amarisco:

No long ting.

Here’s some ‘Nigerian specific’ research specially curated for you. Waiting eagerly to see yours

https://www.mcser.org/journal/index.php/mjss/article/download/208/193

https://www.ifc.org/wps/wcm/connect/e5379422-79cf-4fb4-8294-7bdbcba0f187/IFC+Nigeria+Gender+Gap+Assessment+Infographic+Update+5.8.21+%28003%29.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=nIrhlFq

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs40847-019-00079-9

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1035304616677655

Interesting read. This is the first time I have seen research on gender pay gap in Nigeria. I read through, only one seem to discuss the issue exhaustively. So clearly, men earn more money than women on the average. That's what the research shows. grin

Much of it has nothing to do with discrimination. It's mostly the choices women make. Quite Noble of them.

. As Soetan
(2002) observes, 50% of the women in Nigeria work in 7 occupations only. Women tend to work in clerical
occupations, sales, health care, social care and teaching professions; they are under-represented in managerial
jobs, physical, mathematics, science and engineering professions as well as in manual and production jobs. In the
last few decades women have made great strides in narrowing the pay gap within professions and increasing their
numbers within traditionally male-dominated fields.

. Women tend to choose less-paying occupations because they provide flexibility to better manage
work and family. Women are less likely than men to choose high paying careers because they are worried about
combining family and career.

. . The
economic risk and resulting costs of a woman possibly leaving jobs for a period of time or indefinitely to nurse a
baby is cited by many to be a reason why women are less common in the higher paying occupations and upper
management.

I

1 Like

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by bepositive11: 4:57pm On Oct 11, 2021
Oyiboman69:
trash

Is that so? How happy are you in your marriage?
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by bepositive11: 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2021
tamdun:

Are u married?
Ur advice won't work on Nigerian women,u have no idea what married men are going through

My comment wasn't an advice. It was pointing out the problem

Not only Nigerian women. Nigerian men too. Not all, but most Nigerian men and women. They would use your vulnerability against you
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Oyiboman69: 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2021
bepositive11:

Is that so? How happy are you in your marriage?
you're still far from reality... there's hardly anything happiness in marriage....
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by bepositive11: 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
Oyiboman69:
you're still far from reality... there's hardly anything happiness in marriage....

Please, re-read my previous comment

Very few are happily married because of the reasons I gave
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Amarisco(f): 5:33am On Oct 12, 2021
30naira:

Interesting read. This is the first time I have seen research on gender pay gap in Nigeria. I read through, only one seem to discuss the issue exhaustively. So clearly, men earn more money than women on the average. That's what the research shows. grin

Much of it has nothing to do with discrimination. It's mostly the choices women make. Quite Noble of them.
I

Much of what has nothing to do with discrimination?

You picked and chose the parts to quote so as to suit your agenda. This isn’t politics, yet you turned it into a toss of seriously damaging, misguided, unfounded claims. Whether or not this is the first time you have heard of something is irrelevant to its existence. Women receiving less pay is not a Nigerian topic as you tried to drive, but a global phenomenon observed throughout. so you do well 30naira to simply observe the world around you.

I won’t comment further on this thread before it turns into cynicism. My initial claims - at least the one you felt was flawed - have been thoroughly substantiated on several fronts, preserving reliability & cross-cultural validity.

But first let me leave you with lengthy excerpts of the conclusions from each research for the sake of others.

Since economic growth is largely dependent on the wellbeing of women, improving the status of women is not simply about social justice and human rights but economic growth. Unequal treatments bring about inefficient allocation of resources. A nation’s competitiveness is jeopardized when skilled workers from any segment are excluded arbitrarily from employment opportunities or prevented from working up to full potential because of discriminatory practices, hostile workplace environment, or unnecessary inflexible employment policies. Organizations who want to gain competitive edge and advantage cannot overlook necessary skills and experience merely because of gender. This is a principle underlying efforts to attract a diverse work force.

There is a wage penalty for married women with children in the paid-employment labour market, but motherhood is also negatively associated with income levels for self-employed women. We also find a fatherhood penalty for paid-employed men. Nevertheless, overall, the gender difference is higher in relatively less regulated self-employment compared to the more regulated paid employment labour market.

Discrimination accounts for a significant portion of gender wage gap, although it is larger in the private sector. Women selection bias is a prominent factor in the private sector, while it is not much of a concern in the public sector. The results also show the existence of glass ceiling in the public sector and sticky floor in the private sector. Policies to address discrimination against women either in wage setting or hiring process should be introduced in both sectors.

Peace
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Rinoxy: 11:31am On Oct 12, 2021
BadRadio:
Stress or no stress... ya'all still gonna die one day... none of you will become immortal... death in 100 years is no different than death in few seconds...just enjoy for the main time...just assume everyday as the last day of human existence on earth...achieve more financial freedom... drink more beer... smoke weed, suck and finger more clitoris, dig more pussies and rest in peace when it's time.cheesy

Let's drink beer for nowgrin
Risky advice, very risky.
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by JBoss25(m): 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2021
BadRadio:
Stress or no stress... ya'all still gonna die one day... none of you will become immortal... death in 100 years is no different than death in few seconds...just enjoy for the main time...just assume everyday as the last day of human existence on earth...achieve more financial freedom... drink more beer... smoke weed, suck and finger more clitoris, dig more pussies and rest in peace when it's time.cheesy

Let's drink beer for nowgrin
Most important
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by alexola20(m): 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2021
Osobi32:
You just said it all....... my father once adviced me over the phone early in the morning but I didn't understand it then, now is clear to me. He said I should understand that in my marriage the only person who not my blood is my wife and the only person who can love me without anything attached to it are my kids. Honestly I never understood it until shit began to play out.
this is why many wives/mothers want to turn their children against their fathers.

1 Like

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Pataricatering(f): 8:39pm On Oct 12, 2021
Belafonte:

This is nothing but sophistry and obfuscation that adds absolutely nothing of value to the thread.

You think any man wants to work at 1am or 2am? grin. Is it not common sense that of he hasn't reached his target he has to work more hours? You think Nigerian uber drivers just love waking up at 4am and getting home at 10pm? Smh

If this is the kind of logic you use in responding to your husband's arguments and assertions, no wonder he doesn't want to hear one more word from you. Some talk just makes one feel ill. smh
you sound like an idiot . You were hot and ready to believe the op without question even when he wasn't in the woman's head . How could he be do certain it wasn't cos of altruistic reasons she asked her husband to come home ? But hatred of women and the desperate need you lot have to criticise women whether it makes sense or not will not let you use your head.

1 Like

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Belafonte(m): 8:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
Pataricatering:
you sound like an idiot . You were hot and ready to believe the op without question even when he wasn't in the woman's head . How could he be do certain it wasn't cos of altruistic reasons she asked her husband to come home ? But hatred of women and the desperate need you lot have to criticise women whether it makes sense or not will not let you use your head.

No wonder your husband avoids his home like the plague

2 Likes

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by egopersonified(f): 4:51am On Oct 13, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Most of what you write, are from the handbooks of feminists as if these are the reasons men are stressed in our society today.

There are many married women employed in our society today, who will never bring out their money to spend on their family. They want their husband to spend all what he has on them while they keep theirs.

I really don't know how to argue. You are the only mention I am replying to. Even if you don't agree with me, try to understand where I am coming from.

Just think about it. Where did women get this 'my money is mine, his money is ours' mentality from. It is from the same ideology that the man is the provider and bread winner, so even if she has more money, the man should pay for everything.

What if we start teaching our girls that no matter how rich her husband is, she has to contribute a major part of her earnings to the family upkeep, instead of saving it up for herself.

I also had this my money mentality for years, till I realized if I don't start spending majority of my salary, then they will start driving my kids out of class for not paying school fees. We had to sit down and make a plan around my salary since it was a steady income while his was irregular.

Read what another nairalander (jumpandpas) wrote below

One thing I have achieved is making sure all my children chose me ahead of their mum. I started by feeding them, bathing them and buying them good things whenever I am Coming home everyday. I created an irresistible friendship environment with them and it paid off. Today all my children don't even care if their mum is around.

Do you know that after marriage I realized why my father always tell me DON'T EVER BEAT YOUR WIFE".

Your kids don't know who brings the money, all they know is mummy spent 2 hours sweating in the kitchen, she took me to school every day and bought me biscuits. She helps me with homework. She treats my injuries. She prays for me in the middle of the night. They don't see what their father does. Most of us even knowing fully well our mothers were not earning a Kobo or earning very little never had personal experiences with our fathers. All we know about him was he goes to work, then comes home to shout at us and eat his food. I had friends that were brothers that used to tell each other your father is calling you.

No one is saying our boys should be softies. But we need to teach both genders same responsibilities as much as is possible.
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by denobaba: 1:19pm On Oct 14, 2021
Simdyofficial:
your mama own fit be drum cheesy
Totally unnecessary. Were Nairaland to have a down vote button, I'd have no qualms in giving you a billion of it for free. Please be well guided.
Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by yinkeys(m): 3:45pm On Oct 18, 2021
Osobi32:
Nothing in this world is worth the stress and I will never allow any woman to stress me. Despite the stress men go through and the sacrifices they make on daily basis to make ends meet and to provide for the family, it will shock u to know that ur children will always choose their mother over u. The thought of this alone dey pain me! I came across a post on Facebook two days ago where a guy said he had 500k to share btwn his parent and that he need an advice on how to share the money...... I was surprised at the response I saw. 95% of the comments was for him to give his mom 450k and give the father 50k. Honestly I dropped tears

They’re not awake
Still brain-washed by societal lies.
Gynocentrism
Same way many Nigerians are still in love with politicians that have destroyed the country.

2 Likes

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by MrColdsweat: 8:54am On Oct 20, 2021
Evolutionlove:

Cc: MrColdsweat
Comma see something. Food don land.....
grin

I say it again.

Masculinity is the number one killer of the male gender.

1 Like

Re: Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson by Oyindamolah: 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2023
shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Housewife Caught With Lover At Home, Beats Up Husband / Queen Ella-Mo' Adenugba With Discolored BabyBump Lashes Out At Haters [PICS] / Wife Gets Husband Arrested On His Way To Marry 5th Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.