Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns (52286 Views)

All African Games: Nigerian Athletes Break African Record In Thrilling Race / The Moment Tyson Fury Knocked Down Wilder In The Final Round (Video) / "I Want To Fight Wilder In April" - Anthony Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by m140(m): 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kachi4christ:
Wilder should just retire his right hand isn't prolific anymore, congratulations to Fury.
AJ better beat usyk in rematch else fury will become the undisputed heavyweight champion. Only AJ can stop fury at the moment.
Lolzzzz...
I hope so ... AJ don fall hand ooo
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by SonofDevil: 2:42pm On Oct 10, 2021
OmoAkin85:

Exactly i watch best of joshua and the best of fury .my brother i doubt if joshua is going to be easy for fury..till dat day may God keep us alive .am going to bet on joshua like never before
Me too i'm putting my money on aj. Fury is not invisible like people think. Wilder is one of the easiest career fight, because wilder cant box, jab,throw combinations, fight on back foot ,no head and leg movement. He is just a brawel with heart.
Otto walin a 50th rank boxer battered fury till 12 rounds fury won on points.
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by updatechange(m): 2:48pm On Oct 10, 2021
OmoAkin85:
dont mind all dis people,aj defeat fury in a training match twice years ago ,fury have been running away from him ever since then,joshua strategy against fury might be not fighting his recent opponent very well may be he is playing mind games with fury ,so fury will think aj is not good anymore .after aj vs klitchko match ..the ruiz and dis i dont think this is ajs 100% .something is fishy about him ,well my tought though i might be wrong.but let's wait till that day

To beat fury, you must be able to think tank between your gloves, your feet and your head in a matter of 000.1 sec. While concentrating your attention on his way of looking to solve the puzzle then start dishing out a very calculated and swift combined punches... master the game and not give him chance to understand your plan... You must be very tireless, think very swift with your crosses and uppercuts with just one hand, grind your teeth hit hard with a killer punch straight right on his face repeat again...... Fury will be out completely by round 10 why because his a very smart boxer he doesn't take punches on his face he can box without raising his hands he's very smart. kiss

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 10, 2021
Wilder doesn't have much stamina, most of these boxers that their strategy is to knock down within 3 rounds usually have the weakness of staying long in a fight. Wilder should have worked more on his stamina, as you can see Fury can go all night at this.
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by SonofDevil: 2:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
sonofElElyon:

So you believe Ruiz has a chance to defeat Fury... Absolutely impossible... Did you watch Ruiz' last fight which happened not long ago? Nothing impressive about it. He won simply because he hit his opponent's shoulder which affected his ability to throw punches at Ruiz.
Fury would beat Ruiz and it won't go the distance.
Joshua can't stand toe to toe with a brawler and slug it out which is why he kept running away from Ruiz. Fury is a brawler and his long reach is a huge advantage.. he also hits hard. Mark my words.. all things being equal, Fury will unify all the heavyweight belts.. but only if he stays focused and disciplined
fury is not a brawler.
A brawler in boxing literally means pound for pound fury is not even on the list of top ten pound for pound boxers in the planet.
Fury strength lies in his ability to change from orthodox to south paw.
Fury can jab and move , his head movement is better, and he uses his reach and body weight to lean on opponent to drain them.
Wilder is fury easiest win in the last 5 matches because wilder is not boxer .just a brawler that should be fighting in mma.
Wilder cant box, no head movement, no leg movement, no jabbing, no combinations, no uppercut e.t.c wilder is the worst heavyweight boxer i have ever seen in my life.
He uses to cherry pick journeymen to fight them. He rejected kiltchko,Aj,dilian whyte e.t.c

He thought a washed up fury that has not fight for 2years was an easy fight for him.
I'm sure he will cursed the day he choose to fight and elite boxer. He should have just stick to knocking out cabmen,bin men and journey men in usa
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Elidrisy20: 3:08pm On Oct 10, 2021
The guy just dey fall yakata
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by sonofElElyon: 3:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
SonofDevil:
fury is not a brawler.
A brawler in boxing literally means pound for pound fury is not even on the list of top ten pound for pound boxers in the planet.
Fury strength lies in his ability to change from orthodox to south paw.
Fury can jab and move , his head movement is better, and he uses his reach and body weight to lean on opponent to drain them.
Wilder is fury easiest win in the last 5 matches because wilder is not boxer .just a brawler that should be fighting in mma.
Wilder cant box, no head movement, no leg movement, no jabbing, no combinations, no uppercut e.t.c wilder is the worst heavyweight boxer i have ever seen in my life.
He uses to cherry pick journeymen to fight them. He rejected kiltchko,Aj,dilian whyte e.t.c

He thought a washed up fury that has not fight for 2years was an easy fight for him.
I'm sure he will cursed the day he choose to fight and elite boxer. He should have just stick to knocking out cabmen,bin men and journey men in usa

Today's early morning fight was a brawl... No dancing around.. toe to toe fighting... No real finesse.. just a punch up. Joshua can't do that..
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Blaksheep: 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
Livelystone01:

Your statement underrates Fury.
He is technically gifted, he knows how to dodge punches and he is the master of jabs. How you expect Wilder to win Fury without knocking him out is still a mystery to me.
None of the heavyweight boxers as at today can out punch Fury, none! He's fast with his jabs and very skillful in his dodges.

Wilder knows that his only hope of winning Fury is by knocking him out, that's why he was always throwing power punches and hooks when there were opening for jabs. Besides, Fury knows how to create an opening for a jab so he can get you closer for his own fast jabs.

The only person who has given Fury a run for his money on technical ability has been Klitschko, the others of today are fighting like women in an heavyweight division that was usually known for either power or skills.

Try watch Fury's fights and you will see that he fights like the gypsy that he is.

His father is also another bloody street fighter too, though he's not a boxer.

I know very well that Fury is exceptional. But how will you explain wilder landing only 3 jabs in a whole round of 3 minutes.. is it 1 jab per minute. Let's not forget. The sport is called boxing not punching. If you can't box den you aren't at the right sport. That u have a power punch doesn't make you a boxer.
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by sonofElElyon: 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
Semaj77:

I'll say it again , if he attempts to brawl with Ruiz he'll lose , his chance to win him is to shave points off him with his reach , Fury doesn't have the stamina , endurance and strength to brawl with Ruiz

Hopefully they'll meet.. but most unlikely though as I think Fury just wants to unite all belts and retire
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by sonofElElyon: 3:26pm On Oct 10, 2021
SonofDevil:
Me too i'm putting my money on aj. Fury is not invisible like people think. Wilder is one of the easiest career fight, because wilder cant box, jab,throw combinations, fight on back foot ,no head and leg movement. He is just a brawel with heart.
Otto walin a 50th rank boxer battered fury till 12 rounds fury won on points.

Where's the Otto guy now?
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2021
KingAttitude:
�Black fighters are being defeated back to back this year, something must be wrong somewhere: Wetin pain me pass be say 3 of them are Nigerians!

• Israel Adesanya.
• Anthony Joshua.
• Efe Ajagba.
• Deontay Wilder.
All because of one person
Buhari
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by uzumakis: 3:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
SonofDevil:
you lied
1. Tyson was caught using band substances and was stripped of his belts

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/17677283/tyson-fury-fails-drug-test-positive-result-benzoylecgonine

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-stripped-the-ring-magazine-heavyweight-title-belt-comeback-when-where-a8189381.html%3famp

2. You lied again. Tyson and Aj fought wladmir klitchko 15months apart and wlad has passed his prime but still a top fighter .he fought fury at 39yrs and Aj at 41yrs.
Wlad was undefeated in his prime for 11years.

3. Fury is a good fighter no doubt he has the best technical skills in heavyweight boxing but not a good puncher. He has been down more than aj in his entire career thats a fact.
Fury has never defended his titles or fought mandatories in his entire career until yesterday.even though he tried to run from it until wilder went to court.
Fury needs to start beating top ten fighters like dylian whyte, joseph parker e.t.c
1: to what you stated, here's the takeout :Fury was stripped of all of his other belts during this absence, but had until now retained The Ring title, which is awarded by the prestigious American publication to the fighter that it recognises as the ‘lineal’ champion.
Contribute
Subscribe

SportBoxing
Tyson Fury finally stripped of The Ring Magazine heavyweight title after failing to schedule comeback bout
Fury has not fought since beating Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015

Luke Brown
Thursday 01 February 2018 15:28
Tyson Fury is yet to schedule his comeback fight
Tyson Fury is yet to schedule his comeback fight (Getty)
Get our free Sport email
Email

I would like to be emailed about offers, events and updates from The Independent. Read our privacy notice
Tyson Fury has been stripped of The Ring Magazine’s heavyweight title after he failed to schedule his comeback bout by their January 31 deadline.

Fury won the belt – along with the WBA (Super), IBF, WBO and IBO titles – when he beat Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015, in one of the all-time great British boxing performances on foreign soil.

However he has been absent from the ring for the last two years for a collection of reasons. In February 2015 he tested positive for a banned steroid for which he was handed a backdated two-year ban by UK Anti-Doping, while he has also struggled with depression.

Tyson Fury has been stripped of The Ring's heavyweight title
Tyson Fury has been stripped of The Ring's heavyweight title (Getty)
Fury was stripped of all of his other belts during this absence, but had until now retained The Ring title, which is awarded by the prestigious American publication to the fighter that it recognises as the ‘lineal’ champion.

But after Fury failed to schedule a fight by their January 31 deadline, the belt is now vacant.

“The Ring Magazine would like to make it clear that this decision had not been taken lightly,” the publication said in a statement published on Thursday. “The Ring championship belt is the closest representation to a lineal champion in the sport today, and Tyson Fury was extremely proud to be part of our heavyweight history.

2: Tyson fought Klitschko's after Klitschko's had being undefeated for 9 and 1/2 years. AJ only fought Klitschko's after he haven't fought for over 2 years.
3: if he isn't the best puncher, who then is.. also tyson had being floored 4 times all from the best puncher prior ,AJ had being floored more time than 4.
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by johnland: 3:37pm On Oct 10, 2021
[quote author=Afriqan post=106602542]

It would have been a KO in Wilder's favour, please let me send u a link and rewatch that round. Even the commentators had to complain...

Can please repost the link to the video.
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by SonofDevil: 3:51pm On Oct 10, 2021
sonofElElyon:

Where's the Otto guy now?
he has a fight with dillain whyte october 30 . wbc has sanctioned fury face the winner of the fight as mandatory
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by SonofDevil: 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
sonofElElyon:

Today's early morning fight was a brawl... No dancing around.. toe to toe fighting... No real finesse.. just a punch up. Joshua can't do that..
like seriously.
Maybe you should watch aj vs kiltschko that was the best heavyweight fight since tyson vs lewis 2003.
Unlike a usless wilder that cant box and take beating till he ran out of gas in 11th round . Aj and klitschko take turns to punish each till aj landed an uppercut.

Watch aj vs dillian whyte too,
Watch aj vs pulev.
Watch aj vs takam

Infact watch aj 22 knockout highlights and compare it with fury . i'm very sure you will sleep off watching fury highlights.
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by SonofDevil: 4:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
Blaksheep:

I know very well that Fury is exceptional. But how will you explain wilder landing only 3 jabs in a whole round of 3 minutes.. is it 1 jab per minute. Let's not forget. The sport is called boxing not punching. If you can't box den you aren't at the right sport. That u have a power punch doesn't make you a boxer.
wilder is the worst heavyweight boxer I have ever seen in my life. He is better of in mma.

He cant box to save his life.
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by JOemmy(m): 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
Edo man really embarrassed himself I was thinking he is going to be redeeming himself this time.
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by sonofElElyon: 4:30pm On Oct 10, 2021
SonofDevil:
he has a fight with dillain whyte october 30 . wbc has sanctioned fury face the winner of the fight as mandatory

Meaning Fury against winner of Joshua v Usyk will not come before Fury's wbc mandatory fight?
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by sonofElElyon: 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
SonofDevil:
like seriously.
Maybe you should watch aj vs kiltschko that was the best heavyweight fight since tyson vs lewis 2003.
Unlike a usless wilder that cant box and take beating till he ran out of gas in 11th round . Aj and klitschko take turns to punish each till aj landed an uppercut.

Watch aj vs dillian whyte too,
Watch aj vs pulev.
Watch aj vs takam

Infact watch aj 22 knockout highlights and compare it with fury . i'm very sure you will sleep off watching fury highlights.

Guess we have different views on what a Brawl is
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by SonofDevil: 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
sonofElElyon:

Guess we have different views on what a Brawl is
maybe you need to understand the meaning of brawling.
Fury is an opposite of brawling. He doesnt do dirty fight he box clean with his technique.
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by SonofDevil: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2021
sonofElElyon:

Meaning Fury against winner of Joshua v Usyk will not come before Fury's wbc mandatory fight?
yes.
Aj rematch is march
Fury will likely fight by april his mandatory against winner of whyte and otto walin
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by sonofElElyon: 4:57pm On Oct 10, 2021
SonofDevil:
Fury is an opposite of brawling. He doesnt do dirty fight he box clean with his technique.

You are actually the one who doesn't know the meaning.. truth be told.. brawl is a fight without finesse.. just good old raw fighting.. AJ doesn't do that... He's more particular about sticking to strategy and instructions... Tyson does.. when he needs to.. Wilder also.. sometimes a fighter has to fight with his heart and strength...
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by sonofElElyon: 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
SonofDevil:

A brawl I professional boxing doesn't mean you break the rules.. just a good old fashioned "punch up".. some strategy today no doubt but it was more of a punch up..
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by SonofDevil: 5:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
sonofElElyon:

You are actually the one who doesn't know the meaning.. truth be told.. brawl is a fight without finesse.. just good old raw fighting.. AJ doesn't do that... He's more particular about sticking to strategy and instructions... Tyson does.. when he needs to.. Wilder also.. sometimes a fighter has to fight with his heart and strength...
So who is a finesse fight between Aj and fury?

Who has better ko ratio between fury and Aj?

Who has more points per round between Aj and fury?
brawler is always hungry for ko while a technical boxer fights for points a ko is just icing on the cake
brawler is always hungry for ko while a technical boxer fights for points a ko is just icing on the cake
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Livelystone01: 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
Blaksheep:

This is where tactics come in.
Wilder has never been known to be a tactical boxer.
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by michoim(m): 5:06pm On Oct 10, 2021
KingAttitude:

A.J is no match for Fury abeg, no kill the guy for us biko�
You can say that again
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by SonofDevil: 5:07pm On Oct 10, 2021
sonofElElyon:

A brawl I professional boxing doesn't mean you break the rules.. just a good old fashioned "punch up".. some strategy today no doubt but it was more of a punch up..

Fury fight to gain points while aj always fight to knock you out thats the difference.

A brawler is always hungry for ko while a technical boxer fights for points a ko is just icing on the cake
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 10, 2021
[quote author=johnland post=106616745][/quote]
Kindly search for that round on YouTube. This one must have been removed.
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by sonofElElyon: 5:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
SonofDevil:

www.badlefthook.com/platform/amp/2021/10/10/22717981/fury-vs-wilder-3-results-highlights-tyson-stops-deontay-brutal-fight-video-boxing-news-2021

Click on the link to see how the trilogy was described as a brawl.
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by sonofElElyon: 5:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
SonofDevil:

Fury fight to gain points while aj always fight to knock you out thats the difference.

A brawler is always hungry for ko while a technical boxer fights for points a ko is just icing on the cake

Your argument is funny.. last 2 fights between Fury and Wilder ended in knockout by Fury. He clearly said he was going to knock Wilder out before the fight. That was his goal.
On the other hand Joshua lost first to Ruiz via knockout then won on points in the rematch only to lose to Usyk by points.. how's he a brawler then.. going by your own definition
I've already defined what a brawler is..

This morning's fight was a brawl.. even sports journalists called it a brawl

https://www.badlefthook.com/platform/amp/2021/10/10/22717981/fury-vs-wilder-3-results-highlights-tyson-stops-deontay-brutal-fight-video-boxing-news-2021
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by SonofDevil: 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
sonofElElyon:

Your argument is funny.. last 2 fights between Fury and Wilder ended in knockout by Fury. He clearly said he was going to knock Wilder out before the fight. That was his goal
fury knows wilder is not a boxer that's why wilder is one of fury easiest fight in his career.

How many fighter have fury knockout out in his entire career?
Aj has fought less than fury but he has more knockout than fury
Re: Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns by SonofDevil: 5:25pm On Oct 10, 2021
sonofElElyon:

www.badlefthook.com/platform/amp/2021/10/10/22717981/fury-vs-wilder-3-results-highlights-tyson-stops-deontay-brutal-fight-video-boxing-news-2021

Click on the link to see how the trilogy was described as a brawl.

does that make fury a brawler?
He only adjust his game plan. His first against wilder he won on points but they scored it draw due to 2 knockdown he suffered.

Fury is far from a brawler. He beat majority of his opponents on points. He won all the belts in his entire career on points, apart from from on trick phony wilder

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Coffin Arrives Bangkok For His Week-long Funeral / Ahmed Musa And 25-Year-Old Abdullahi Musa, Kano Pillars Teammate Strike A Pose / Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.