Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven (54552 Views)

Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered / Pastor David Elijah Attacked By Assassins. Bullets Refused To Penetrate Body / Pastor David Ibiyeomie Gets A Car As 55th Birthday Gift (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by rajiedreez: 11:17am On Oct 10, 2021
The next line is "touch not the anointed" if you don't want God to strike you. But God won't strike them for criticizing Peter Obi, Tinubu, Atiku, Oyetola, and others involved. I don't know if its hypocrisy or spirituality
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by generalwo(m): 11:20am On Oct 10, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

So Nnamdi Kanu was arrested in Nigeria

Up till now, the international community is silent!

Dey deceive yaself! Don't wake up from your slumber
.. Bros the international community no recognize ipob as a legal entity..... Infact I heard one time it was declared a terror group..... Wetin u want make the international community talk wen government arrest person whom they perceive to be a threat to national security? Did the international community not intervene during the end Sars protest? Kanu was designated a terrorist and the international community has nothing they can do about it
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Strongbest(m): 11:20am On Oct 10, 2021
My love for this man of God, Bishop David Oyedepo keeps in increasing.

This is a man I have known to walk the talk, a mentor whose life is truly worthy of emulation.

Imagine this man the president of Nigeria, my God! Nigeria would have been heaven on earth.

The secret of his wealth and prosperity is in his love for God.

Unfortunately, noisemakers and haters of good things can't comprehend this simple fact yet.

If you like, keep deceiving yourself and keep typing rubbish on the internet about him, you will only keep wallowing in poverty mentality and that your hatred for him will keep frustrating you.

Sit under this man's ministration and your life can never remain the same but most Nigerians are gullible and believe everything they hear or read on the internet about him

I almost joined the bandwagon talking rubbish about him until I had an encounter that revealed how real this man is to me.

Look, if you find anything incriminating in his dealings please feel free to quote me. I pray for more blessings and wisdom upon this man of God. Amen
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by michoim(m): 11:21am On Oct 10, 2021
And so what? Is his money for goodness sake. He didn't stole them, he can decide to wire them to any place of his choice...
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Ferdinandu(m): 11:22am On Oct 10, 2021
Maxymilliano:
These people don't violate any law, the businesses are legal and accepted by international law, only the source of the fund they invested called for concerns and Oyedepo is never a card carrying member of any political parties
My friend in the case of church Leaders, it is no longer about legality it is about the moral values they pretend to build their wealth on. Even Jesus Christ have to pay taxes to show his disciples it is the moral thing to do. Why should a religious Leader be dodging taxes and same time shouting up and in the pulpit a about moral uprightness Bunch of scammers. Like Nigerian Politicians like Nigerian Religious Leaders
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Psoul(m): 11:30am On Oct 10, 2021
FG to Ban this drink as this is the beer IPOB members take and start insulting Nigerian government.

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by FreeIgboho: 11:34am On Oct 10, 2021
miketayo:

What u will eat and wear doesn't amount to worldly wealth. Of course God won't let u walk naked or starve you to death

19 Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

24 No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money Strongbest

Then there is rich, carmel and eye of the needle, then there is rich told to sell all and give to the poor, then there is the fact that Christ and apostles could have been extremely wealthy but chose to have little, etc.
They ignore all that.

We all want to be wealthy, let's just not lie that's what Christ taught!
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 10, 2021
Asgard73:

Always resist the urge to shalaye ... foolish Nigerians ..
Oya go arrest oyadepo and all those named ..

Yoruba sef.

Can't you guys fight without making baseless generalizations

Is it ALL Nigerians on Earth including Davido, Wizkid and 2Face that are involved in your case
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by allthingsgood: 11:37am On Oct 10, 2021
Maxymilliano:
These people don't violate any law, the businesses are legal and accepted by international law, only the source of the fund they invested called for concerns and Oyedepo is never a card carrying member of any political parties

We all know he is pdp. Let's be honest pls
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 10, 2021
Strongbest:
My love for this man of God, Bishop David Oyedepo keeps in increasing.

This is a man I have known to walk the talk, a mentor whose life is truly worthy of emulation.

Imagine this man the president of Nigeria, my God! Nigeria would have been heaven on earth.

The secret of his wealth and prosperity is in his love for God.

Unfortunately, noisemakers and haters of good things can't comprehend this simple fact yet.

If you like, keep deceiving yourself and keep typing rubbish on the internet about him, you will only keep wallowing in poverty mentality and that your hatred for him will keep frustrating you.

Sit under this man's ministration and your life can never remain the same but most Nigerians are gullible and believe everything they hear or read on the internet about him

I almost joined the bandwagon talking rubbish about him until I had an encounter that revealed how real this man is to me.

Look, if you find anything incriminating in his dealings please feel free to quote me. I pray for more blessings and wisdom upon this man of God. Amen

In the name of God

Can you help me with 700naira?

I want to get garri

Please
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Globalhustler(m): 11:39am On Oct 10, 2021
Commentor:

You are absolutely right.

Even if the man is bisexual, shown on camera to carry out child sacrifice and known to have used a different name to defraud a bank, his congregation would come to his defence.

Such is the travesty.
True

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Hillarie(m): 11:40am On Oct 10, 2021
Corporate2020:
My hand no dey inside this one because my money no dey inside. But if you criticise government for looting, you too should not be hiding people's money given to you to give to God grin grin for God's birthday party of his Son our Lord Jesus
You should be arrested for attempted murder. You almost killed me with laughter grin
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by HRMK: 11:41am On Oct 10, 2021
u mean oyedepo is also involved?smthing tells me:NO SINGLE NIGERIAN BILLIONAIRE HAS #CLEANMONEY!
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Legalese(m): 11:42am On Oct 10, 2021
This report means nothing.
It's not illegal to operate an international company in a tax friendly location.
The only problem that would arise is if the money used to fund the company is illegal or the company is engaged in fraudulent activities.

Trash piece.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by olugabbie(m): 11:44am On Oct 10, 2021
Shawnnn01:
So we can all agree it is OK for Tinubu mad his cousin to own company abroad now. Not that is when peter Obi n Oyedepo that your ruke applies but when they mention Tinubu you want him jailed.

It is not wrong. But the problem is, they kept the offshore companies secret.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by miketayo(m): 11:45am On Oct 10, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Then there is rich, carmel and eye of the needle, then there is rich told to sell all and give to the poor, then there is the fact that Christ and disciples could have been extremely wealthy but chose to have little, etc.
They ignore all that.

we r saying d same thing here
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by archkelvin(m): 11:50am On Oct 10, 2021
So a pastor cannot have or set up his or her own business, company again?
When did side income become a crime in Nigeria?
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by bosman50(m): 11:50am On Oct 10, 2021
Krismas:
grin Oh! Wot do I know? I think to own a share means his is a LIMITED LIABILITY, listed on the BVI stock exchange. But no oneelse bought into the shares except him and family. So the business is not running.

lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Handsum64: 11:52am On Oct 10, 2021
subcbouy:
This is legal as long as he isn't a politician that won't declare such a company.
Illiterate
Not for profit organisations should be accountable than politicians
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Mftivi: 11:53am On Oct 10, 2021
Maxymilliano:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/489110-pandora-papers-how-pastor-david-oyedepo-set-up-family-offshore-company-in-tax-haven.html
the wealth of others don't make me feel bad especially when they are not corrupt politicians looting our common wealth. Very happy that pastors today are seen as rich compared to the earlier days when serving God in Nigeria is synonymous to wretchedness.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Mftivi: 11:54am On Oct 10, 2021
olugabbie:

It is not wrong. But the problem is, they kept the offshore companies secret.
That's why it's offshore.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Jidegaf(m): 11:55am On Oct 10, 2021
An Imam does not have that type of opportunity to acquire that kind of wealth.which member Will pay?
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Mftivi: 11:56am On Oct 10, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Then there is rich, carmel and eye of the needle, then there is rich told to sell all and give to the poor, then there is the fact that Christ and apostles could have been extremely wealthy but chose to have little, etc.
They ignore all that.

So Christ taught you to be poor yet the Bible says he was made poor that we may be rich ? I will satisfy your mouth with good things ? I will bless you a 100 fold whatever you give to the gospel here in this life and the one beyond. Bros if you love poverty you can marry her. Tankio!
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by FreeIgboho: 11:58am On Oct 10, 2021
miketayo:

we r saying d same thing here

Of course. My original post was supporting you but u misread it

1 Like

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by InvertedHammer: 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
/
Obviously many people don't understand the implications of what is going on. They think it is just opening an account in a foreign country.

grin grin grin

/
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Bundaweber: 12:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
festacman:
Peter Obi can now sleep. It is not looking completely a bad company. There is now a touch of holiness to the sh*t. grin

By the way, it is looking increasingly obvious that starting with Peter Obi was a hot agenda agending on Monday morning.

It is now a holy shit!!
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Udodiri01: 12:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
E done reach church own now, most of you Don begin defend... Defenders of the universe
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by FreeIgboho: 12:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
Mftivi:
So Christ taught you to be poor yet the Bible says he was made poor that we may be rich ? I will satisfy your mouth with good things ? I will bless you a 100 fold whatever you give to the gospel here in this life and the one beyond. Bros if you love poverty you can marry her. Tankio!

Stop being deceptive my brother. Christ was clearly against accumulation of worldly riches. We all want to be rich - that's human. But don't lie that's what Christ taught. BTW what u think of the sreenshot above
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Blakpot: 12:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
Krismas:
grin Question is simple enough. How can my pastor’s offshore company help him evade tax in Nigeria

Whats so funny?
He earns his money in Nigeria, a portion of that money is channelled abroad to finance a company in the British Virgin Island. Companies established there pay little to no tax.
The portion sent to the company and its dividends is potential tax revenue that could have been earned by the Nigerian govt.

He might pay taxes in Nigeria, but him seeking the services of companies that specialize in manipulating corporate finance through offshore companies, shows his intent - tax evasion.
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by Noshitboi(m): 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
grin
anorexicmuster:

grin

Yes there is nothing wrong in laying up for yourself treasures in er( tax) Haven

( i will not laugh today)
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by mekybabe1: 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
Why is this pandora stuff attacking only Christians sef?!
Re: Pandora: How Pastor David Oyedepo Set Up Family Offshore Company In Tax Haven by IbileIfe: 12:19pm On Oct 10, 2021
Maxymilliano:
There are two legitimate ways to have money in this world: You either Ask for money or Work for the money.
Bishop Oyedepo first asked for money and then worked for money and invested his time and money to start his ministry and from the offerings and tithes he has made highly profitable investments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion / TB Joshua Purchases $60Million Gulfstream-G550-Jet - Sahara Reporters / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.