Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) (45570 Views)

I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student / Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader / Flogging Boys On The Buttocks And Girls On The Hands In Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by naptu2: 2:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
This video went viral on Nigerian Twitter yesterday evening and this morning and it has provoked the following reactions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yKPbRf3ywE

Viral video: Charles Inojie, Gbenga Adeyinka urge Kwara Govt to investigate brutal flogging of madrasa students

Ademola Olonilua
10 October 2021

Nigerian celebrities, Charles Inojie and Gbenga Adeyinka, have called on the Kwara State government to investigate the brutal flogging of some madrasa students in the state by their senior colleagues.

Since the video made rounds on the internet, it has sparked outrage due to the way the students, both male and female, were severely beaten.

It was gathered that the students were severely beaten because they went to celebrate a friend’s birthday. Pictures of the birthday celebration were posted online. However, their teacher saw the post and thought they drank alcohol, but they only had yoghurt.

Nigerian celebrities have condemned the action while some called on the state government to investigate the matter.

Taking to his verified Instagram page with video snippets of the incident, popular Nigerian actor, Charles Inojie, while urging the state government to investigate the incident, wrote, “How could any school authority find justification for this? Which parent would see slide four and be able to sleep well at night, and to think that their teachers are there watching with glee and urging the assailants on is all the more heartbreaking.

“Whatever offence they might have committed, the school should have other means of administering discipline than this brazen display of barbarism. I hear this happened in Ilorin. Oya, Kwara State government over to you. You have a duty to redeem yourself before the whole world otherwise you would only have succeeded in raising hardened criminals that would turn around to terrorise society tomorrow. SAY NO TO BRUTALITY. SAY NO TO MAN’S INHUMANITY TO MAN. SAY NO TO VIOLENCE. SAY NO TO TORTURE.” (sic).

Also, funnyman, Gbenga Adeyinka, while condemning the act, described the flogging of the students as dehumanising and criminal. He further tagged the Kwara State government on the post to draw their attention to the situation.

He said, “This is not just animalistic, it is criminal. Nobody has a right to mete out such punishment on a fellow human being under any guise. They even beat a lady and one bastard is in the background urging them on saying “ẹ nọ̀”.

“We will now complain that people are beheading and carrying out dastardly acts against other Nigerians when we are actually breeding hardened criminals in the name of religion. Shame! the Kwara state govt must get to the root of this and bring out the culprits as well as teachers to face the full wrath of the law.” (sic).

Ace actress, Monalisa Chinda Coker, while fuming over the incident, wrote, “The heart of man… so over the top wicked.. so one person can’t do the flogging? They must be 4,5 plus the koboko join… then they go and pray after one hour … smh so vigorously.” (sic)

Comedian Nedu simply wrote that he feels disgusted watching the video. He said, “OMG. I am gutted looking at this.”

https://punchng.com/viral-video-charles-inojie-gbenga-adeyinka-urge-kwara-govt-to-investigate-brutal-flogging-of-madrasa-students/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by naptu2: 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
Here is a link to the viral tweet. https://mobile.twitter.com/KR3Wmatic/status/1446945912761290752

Picture 1: Gbenga Adeyinka and Charles Inojie

Screenshots = reactions.

1 Share

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by naptu2: 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2021
More reactions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by J2381: 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2021
Wow. Surprise this still happen today. Thought all this was a thing of the past.

Well let's wait for MURIC to react to this. Come to think of it, since it's muslims beating the Hell out of a fellow Muslim, I doubt they'll react.

Never thought I'd say this but where are those damn feminist group when you need 'em.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by dudusky007(m): 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ok
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by dudusky007(m): 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
Herdsmen beating cows

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by Naijanascam: 2:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
Over religious.......

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by Bluntguy: 2:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
The same religion again? Na so e dey take start o. Sambisa loading.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by slawormiir: 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Religion and stupidity

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by GIANTPLUSHUB: 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
Mheen! Over religious people yet peace no dey for them.SMH

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by Shellsploit: 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ndi Allahkboom shocked shocked shocked shocked
And that same alfa go don defile all his neighbors children

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by Osnami: 2:59pm On Oct 10, 2021
This reminds me of one Ile kewu beside my house back then. These alfas can be wicked I swear

35 Likes

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by RichThugg: 2:59pm On Oct 10, 2021
Terrorists..

lipsrsealed

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:59pm On Oct 10, 2021
Na zoo naa. Na so e de be. It isn't strange.

Fear Islam

12 Likes

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by ATEAMS: 2:59pm On Oct 10, 2021
Damnn

1 Like

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by Elock1: 2:59pm On Oct 10, 2021
sad
I went to a boarding school...
I know how dy assaulted us with cane, belt slaps, etc.. both teachers and students alike.

And some teachers can be so sadistic.. Mr ilom and Mr dibia na God go punish una

Some students will carry the pain of their broken homes and render on us.

Sexual issues still dy corner.
Sodomy and Co.
Even some teachers go dy carry our ss2 and ss3 girls sef (especially corpers)

Bullying left right and center. Omo forget people way go rugged boarding house know wetin I dy talk... We see shegee oh

Leave, things way dy happen for boarding house, Nolly wood writers never explore am.. E reach to write seasonal film

VERDICT : I can never send any of my child to boarding house... If you can't train and discipline your kids from home... Shame on you as a parent.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by fredoooooo: 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
They just want to dominate

2 Likes

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by revived: 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
Gbas gbos
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by Providence2020(m): 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
It's clear that when it comes to human rights, many northern practices can easily be classified as abuse, it's this same people that have been given a civilized country to govern, why does the south have to be married to this madness, as if the madness here isn't enough?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by Kajaard: 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
Nothing to see here. It's an Islamic school and such beatings for wayward behaviors has been going on for years.

The video is only creating such reactions now because of the advent of social media.

23 Likes

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by babaRUNtinz(m): 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
Na God know who dey truly worship am.

1 Like

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by Downey(f): 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
Na their ways Muslims things

4 Likes

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by generalwo(m): 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2021
Religion... The greatest threat to world peace and sanity

3 Likes

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by Adonis86(m): 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2021
Imagine

1 Like

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) by greatiyk4u(m): 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2021
The only thing PEACEFUL about ISLAM is the ALLOWANCE of men to enjoy numerous KPEKUS

Atleast, there is nothing like infidelity/fornication among married men in Islam

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Graduates Shine At Law School, Win 28 Of 38 Total Prizes / Yakubu Nura Wins "World Championship In Physics" / Did Chris Ngige Assault ASUU President, Osodeke, In A Meeting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.