Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader (47654 Views)

I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student / Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) / Coronavirus: Kwara Govt To Shut Down Schools From March 23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by BeardedMeat(m): 11:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
Empiree:
E shock una? grin. Bunch of hypocrites
Don't worry. Keep drinking your kayamata. Your 72 kpekus is on lockdown.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Zealll: 11:29pm On Oct 10, 2021
Animalistic behavior, must you beat before one learn, even if they attend party or drink alcohol are you their God, let God judge them, illiteracy affect Islamic religion alot, most of the teachers are illiterate so I don't blame them, as in the case of ilorin fools it's in their blood they are devilish and hyoocrate in nature very stupid and curse people who don't know where dey belong Fulani slave
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Empiree: 11:30pm On Oct 10, 2021
BeardedMeat:
Don't worry. Keep drinking your kayamata. Your 72 kpekus is on lockdown.

E pain you?. If i have 112 kpekus how's that your business?. Your problem is your Christianity religion has nothing to offer the world. That's why you guys are lawless. Anything goes in your religion.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Empiree: 11:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
BeardedMeat:
Advocatejare is coming for your dotted head.

Trust na!
Which means you can't help yourself cheesy
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Tareq1105: 11:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
Empiree:
he made whip? cheesy to drink coffee or eat abula with them?. Why do you Christians like deceiving yourselves?. My guy, Jesus whipped the shit out of them from the temple. You think they left the temple voluntarily?. No my guy. He whipped their ass grin and they fled.

Not only that. Jesus also overturned the table. This sounds like a thug from oshodi grin

You and me know that if your Mohammed had met anyone buying and selling inside the mosque (as Jesus met them) he wouldn't have used whip (like Jesus) rather he would have declare fatua on them and get them slaughtered.

Even in modern day, it's happening right in front of our noses in the name of blasphemy of Mohammed. Unknown numbers of people have been killed especially in the North.

Christians don't have such high level of insecurity and intolerance about religion. You're free to leave the religion if you so wish but can we say same of Islam?

We've seen how people are threatened for just dressing, releasing a song, or cutting a hairstyles.

It's a religion of peace indeed.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by hush15: 11:33pm On Oct 10, 2021
fergie001:
....It was gathered that the students were severely beaten because they went to celebrate a friend’s birthday. Pictures of the birthday celebration were posted online. However, their teacher saw the post and thought they drank alcohol, but they only had yoghurt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yKPbRf3ywE

Hajia Sa'adatu Modibbo Kawu

Hon. Commissioner for Education and Human Capital Development
October 10, 2021

For the first time, am going to comment on religion as I don't like to discuss religious topics. To be honest, I can't just comprehend why practicing Islam has to be deadly, wicked and just outrightly destructive. Everything is by force and they only pass anger, envy and vindictiveness in the process. Its simple, what you plant is what you harvest. I understand discipline but they are many ways to discipline without recourse to barbaric behaviors and at the end of the day, it doesn't guarantee their place in the afterlife.

I hope this changes. I hope and pray God reorientate their minds and make them see that it's not be killings others, nor destroying lives and properties or decapitation bodies that brings them closer to God but by worshiping in spirit and in truth. I hope Muslims all around the world understand that God is God to all, whatever the religion and He will judge all accordingly, not according to hiw we feel or think.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Empiree: 11:48pm On Oct 10, 2021
Tareq1105:

You and me know that if your Mohammed had met anyone buying and selling inside the mosque (as Jesus met them) he wouldn't have used whip (like Jesus) rather he would have declare fatua on them and get them slaughtered.
Oh i got you. Muhammad was your propbem all along but you were reluctant to mention him until now. But guess what, here is Muhammad for you.

While we were in the mosque with Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), a desert Arab came and stood up and began to urinate in the mosque. The Companions of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: Stop, stop, but the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Don't interrupt him; leave him alone. They left him alone, and when he finished urinating, Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) called him and said to him: These mosques are not the places meant for urine and filth, but are only for the remembrance of Allah, prayer and the recitation of the Qur'an, or Allah's Messenger said something like that. He (the narrator) said that he (the Holy Prophet) then gave orders to one of the people who brought a bucket of water and poured It over.

Reference : Sahih Muslim 285
In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 127
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 559

Was he slaughtered by Muhammad?

Christians don't have such high level of insecurity and intolerance about religion. You're free to leave the religion if you so wish but can we say same of Islam?
show me someone that left Islam in Yorubaland and was killed?. O pu ro jatijati

We've seen how people are threatened for just dressing, releasing a song, or cutting a hairstyles.

It's a religion of peace indeed.

Trash. Talk is cheap. I dont waste my time anymore on propaganda

1 Like

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
I remember one day back in 2002 wey I dey go ilekeu. one of our teachers (an Alfa [name withheld]) dey beat me like say I be slave, na so I just vex grabbed the cane from him and stood up against him.

That was the day I stopped going to ilekeu.

And it was my period of Arabic meaning studies after I had done the 1st wolima for completion of the Quran in 2001.

That was how I couldn't finish the Arabic meaning studies.

Mad people.

1 Like

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Babatunde7109(m): 12:18am On Oct 11, 2021
fourboys:
I watched the video earlier today, danm they nearly killed those guys.... Islam na cancer to humanity, if they are not killing dey are bombing, now dey don include serious flogging embarassed embarassed embarassed

If you keep mute, you won’t die. Just do the needful
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by chachanga: 12:27am On Oct 11, 2021
Religion of Piss, they're learning to be pissful
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by SIRTee15: 12:33am On Oct 11, 2021
Empiree:
where did he change it sir?. This stupid excuse that you Christians use is outdated. Talk something else. Here in this Bible Jesus whipped the Jews in the temple and not only that, he violently scattered the temple in the name of correcting misdeeds of the Jews.

John 2:15

Problem is that you Christians have shamelessly abandoned your religious laws because you don't follow Jesus. If you do you would applied his laws.

The Book of Matthew 5:17 is enough

Jesus was restoring order, discouraging chaos and enforcing discipline in the house of God. Nobody condemned what he was doing incl religious leaders because they knew it was the right thing.
They only questioned his authority which was inconsequential.

And we still do it. Order is enforced in churches via ushers and security guards.
The case of sowore's boys who brought political protest to Dunamis church in Abuja is still fresh. They were rounded by church security n handed over to DSS. The church is not a place for political stunt.
If u attend church service in an inebriate state or u start constituting public nuisance within church premises, u will be kicked out. Members are expected to be sober and orderly in church.
Security officers patrol church premises during service or crusades to enforce discipline or prevent people who might want to engage in immoral behaviour. If u are CAUGHT, u will be detained and possibly disciplined. The church is not a venue for illegal activity.
So we still follow our Lord's commandment as stated in the verse u quoted within the ambience of the law of the land.

Now to that video...what's going on there isn't discipline but a barbaric act carried out by primitive and illiterate teachers of law and their students.
How can 4 men descend on a defenceless lady in such manner. That's extreme abuse n violation of her right , body and dignity.
And it's unfortunate that the educated ones among u support such behaviour all in the excuse that's it's an internal affair. I'm sure u will NEVER allow your daughter be treated in such manner.
The above is the reason why most peple have contempt and disregard for Islam. The silence of the moderate majority in the face of violent behaviour by the extremist minority is worrisome.

1 Like

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by gentleguy1975: 1:00am On Oct 11, 2021
Charmingrascal:
Ilorin people and their hypocrisy.

When you see them reciting the Quran you will think they are angels but some of them are worse than the devil.

This is how they beat students in various Islamic study centres in Ilorin this one just got media attention.

Even the Governor won't deny the fact that he was once flogged like a cow just because of learning the Quran.

How can a religion encourage forceful, brutal and aggressive teaching. Barbarians!!!
I was beaten both in my pry and sec school by xtian teachers don't make this look like purely islamic thing,true the beating was overboard and many islamic scholars have come out to condem those people,but conventional schools also have their own fair share!A teacher in 2012 gave over 40 lashes of cane to a female student in Lagos because of hijab!
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by NairaEffect(m): 1:08am On Oct 11, 2021
TALIBAN no do pass like this.

If these guys had guns, they would have killed the poor kids.

Rubbish.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by LatentEnergy007: 1:09am On Oct 11, 2021
Stupid religion. If I were to be father to any of the affected students, I go burn down the school. Religion full of shit.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by bong4(m): 1:09am On Oct 11, 2021
AbdulHakeem44:
Flogging a child as a form of discipline is accepted in Nigeria, it only becomes molestation when the flogging becomes too much and causes physical harm.

Flogging is part of Islamic law as a form of punishment or discipline, but never was it meant to dehumanize. No one would scold a father who beats his child to discipline him but everyone would castigate him if the beating becomes dehumanizing.

The flogging was too much is what should be condemned and not the reason they were hit.

Most of the people commenting do not have first hand information of what happened, the incomplete story spread by enemy of Islam to satisfy their Islamophobic heart is not good enough, we can do better.

Many of us born in the early 90s actually received most of this kind of punishment and that is why many in our generation are morally upright than the indomie generation we have today, but here they are hypocritically condemning the same punishment that made them morally upright.

By the way, the beating in the video was too much and should be criticized.

Addition

Many idiots already quoting me, I thought I would see someone who would argue intellectually but to my surprise, they were all dumb-heads. Didn't they see where I condemned the beating for crying out loud. These people would still condemn Islam if they had beat those kids lightly but for the sake of clubbing or partying. They will ask u what happened to freedom of movement and association. Lol.

Let me respond to the words in bold. That is not true. The many evils perpetuated in the world today is as a result of the grooming of hardened hearts as a result of this flogging the kids of the early 90s received all in the name of discipline. A child does a little thing, the next thing is flogging. That is why the value of humanity has reduced to almost zero, hatred everywhere. Many of the present leaders, including the youthful ones are products of this same "flogging" system, thus you can see the reason for the many hardship these leaders have handed over to the followers. So you see, someone can owe you salaries, pensions etc and still tell you to go and die right to your face.

My brother, i will rather use the word, "discipline" and not "punishment". While discipline makes the offender learn and get better, punishment only destroys the humanity in the human being.

I appreciate the fact that you said that the act by the school authorities should be condemned.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Empiree: 1:14am On Oct 11, 2021
SIRTee15:

Jesus was restoring order, discouraging chaos and enforcing discipline in the house of God. Nobody condemned what he was doing incl religious leaders because they knew it was the right thing.
They only questioned his authority which was inconsequential.

And we still do it. Order is enforced in churches via ushers and security guards.
The case of sowore's boys who brought political protest to Dunamis church in Abuja is still fresh. They were rounded by church security n handed over to DSS. The church is not a place for political stunt.
If u attend church service in an inebriate state or u start constituting public nuisance within church premises, u will be kicked out. Members are expected to be sober and orderly in church.
Security officers patrol church premises during service or crusades to enforce discipline or prevent people who might want to engage in immoral behaviour. If u are CAUGHT, u will be detained and possibly disciplined. The church is not a venue for illegal activity.
So we still follow our Lord's commandment as stated in the verse u quoted within the ambience of the law of the land.
Are you done with epistle or you have more to say?. This that you described doesn't seem to regulate those Church doing ridiculous things. Such as beating up alleged witches. Does is it?

Now to that video...what's going on there isn't discipline but a barbaric act carried out by primitive and illiterate teachers of law and their students.
How can 4 men descend on a defenceless lady in such manner. That's extreme abuse n violation of her right , body and dignity.
how does it concern you?. Whatever shortcomings the institution has we will work on it. It is none of your business to tell us how to run the show.

And it's unfortunate that the educated ones among u support such behaviour all in the excuse that's it's an internal affair. I'm sure u will NEVER allow your daughter be treated in such manner.
The above is the reason why most peple have contempt and disregard for Islam. The silence of the moderate majority in the face of violent behaviour by the extremist minority is worrisome.
my daughter would not violate institution protocols. It seems you didn't read it hear full story of what transpired. So go back and research several online statements made by Muslims before you jumped the gun
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by petitejolie(f): 1:20am On Oct 11, 2021
Alcohol that they will still drink in the future.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by compton11(m): 1:54am On Oct 11, 2021
siant:
Islam is not fair to women. Islam is a primitive religion
then go and eat a dick u dumb ass nigga

Islam hold a women in high esteem unlike Bible where raping and cutting hand of human is allowed
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Deblow: 2:25am On Oct 11, 2021
The govt steps are all geared towards sweeping the case under the carpet thereby shielding the sch and the perpetrators of the dastardly act from prosecution. Why did they choose to set up the needless panel? Is it to find out whether the students were actually brutally flogged or not, or to find out if they caused bodily harm and injuries on the students? All these covert sharia governments self!
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Deblow: 2:32am On Oct 11, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Too much of inhumane beatings at Ile kewu (Madrasah), that's why many of their students become more stubborn.

Few days ago, two seniors at Madrasah saw a junior of them riding bike like the touts do. The two just looked for canes around & waited by the road side for him to return. When he got close, they whipped him so hard that he nearly lost control on the road. We wondered what they would say if the immediate punishment had led to a fatal accident.

This is how they train and breed hardened and merciless 'graduates' that would later become boko haram and bandits. By then, human life and dignity would have become like a cow waste in their consideration
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Cloud007: 2:34am On Oct 11, 2021
The Islamic extremist are disease ........ And humanity needs to be cured of them.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Munzy14(m): 3:08am On Oct 11, 2021
angry
Graphic video...

A girl for that matter?....Some parents are chilled sha...Make I hear say na my sister or daughter them the do general flogging like this, Hehehe make I no talk sha..
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Ernestforyou: 3:52am On Oct 11, 2021
AbdulHakeem44:
Flogging a child as a form of discipline is accepted in Nigeria, it only becomes molestation when the flogging becomes too much and causes physical harm.

Flogging is part of Islamic law as a form of punishment or discipline, but never was it meant to dehumanize. No one would scold a father who beats his child to discipline him but everyone would castigate him if the beating becomes dehumanizing.

The flogging was too much is what should be condemned and not the reason they were hit.

Most of the people commenting do not have first hand information of what happened, the incomplete story spread by enemy of Islam to satisfy their Islamophobic heart is not good enough, we can do better.

Many of us born in the early 90s actually received most of this kind of punishment and that is why many in our generation are morally upright than the indomie generation we have today, but here they are hypocritically condemning the same punishment that made them morally upright.

Addition

Many idiots already quoting me, I thought I would see someone who would argue intellectually but to my surprise, they were all dumb-heads. Didn't they see where I condemned the beating for crying out loud. These people would still condemn Islam if they had beat those kids lightly but for the sake of clubbing or partying. They will ask u what happened to freedom of movement and association. Lol.

You were born in early 90s and calling some people indomie generation?Oboy you are one of them
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Dante2008(m): 5:16am On Oct 11, 2021
People are getting it wrong ascribing this brutal treatment to Islam. There is no where in Islam we have heard the prophet beat anyone of his house hold talk more of someone outside.. what they did there has nothing to do with Islam, it is just the character of the individual. Some of this people don’t really understand the teachings of the the prophet, they just joined their culture and religion together, they end up making a mess of themselves not the religion...
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Caseless: 5:37am On Oct 11, 2021
fourboys:
I watched the video earlier today, danm they nearly killed those guys.... Islam na cancer to humanity, if they are not killing dey are bombing, now dey don include serious flogging embarassed embarassed embarassed
you donkeys think you're better at anything. Just Google torture carried out by Christians and see. Stupid boy. Your religion is a cancer to the world too. You don't look at their clear atrocities in the past and now.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by elisho: 7:01am On Oct 11, 2021
even Saudi and UAE that have Ismail can never do this to there student Islamic in the zoo is a mess
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by fourboys: 7:04am On Oct 11, 2021
Caseless:
you donkeys think you're better at anything. Just Google torture carried out by Christians and see. Stupid boy. Your religion is a cancer to the world too. You don't look at their clear atrocities in the past and now.
BOOM grin grin

1 Like

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by GNBohr: 7:31am On Oct 11, 2021
AbdulHakeem44:

Addition

Imagine what the girls reportedly did:

....It was gathered that the students were severely beaten because they went to celebrate a friend’s birthday. Pictures of the birthday celebration were posted online. However, their teacher saw the post and thought they drank alcohol, but they only had yoghurt.

No investigation to find out the truth. What a religious leader.

It's such a sad thing seeing such brutality in the name of religion and correcting bad behavior. This type of acts make people to deride Islam as not a religion of peace but of terrorism and barbarism. I am yet to find in the Quran or Hadiths that says multiple people should flog a younger girl irrespective of the sin or crime committed. The gusto with which the boys are beating the girl was a display of male chauvinism and tendency to become women beater. When society encourage acts like this under any guise and later complain of domestic violence, we forget that we incubate and inculcate the behavior since childhood. I read in the report that the parents consented to the physical abuse of their daughter. These are the kind of parents that will compel their daughters to accept and remain in abusive marriage. The way we take Islam in Nigeria is bordering on ridiculous and hypocrisy. Homes are breaking up, society is becoming decadent, people are getting frustrated and government is getting more corrupt. We couldn't use religion to correct all these maladies but use it to abuse people, kill, destroy and cause enmity. That's not religion and that definitely is not Islam. The earlier we Muslim in this country practice Islam and not dogmatic principle of Islamic scholars the better for all of us Muslims.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by drlateef: 7:40am On Oct 11, 2021
fourboys:
beheading and throwing bombs nko??

Are you still talking this nonsense? Bombing millions with nuclear bomb, is that not worse? Who did it, was it Muslims?
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by lottomkyes200: 7:40am On Oct 11, 2021
I know it has to be an Islamic school haaaa
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by effort1: 7:53am On Oct 11, 2021
Empiree:
how did this concern you?. Your Jesus beat the crap out of the Jews at the temple. How is that different from this?. I have my own reservation about the incident but I don't owe anyone explanation. The only response I needed from you guys is, if your Jesus whipped people, why can't anyone do the same now?. If you called this abuse then your Jesus also abused the Jews.

So next time you should stick to your religion and stop sticking your dirty nose in what doesn't concern you. There are tons of injustices in the country that you can speak on instead of this. It is you same clown that burn people to death because they steal loaf of bread yet you got the nerve to condemn this. Abeg, shift

And did my Jesus gather the whole city to beat one person, you bunch of hardened criminals?

If your brain is not dead, you will remember this is a public forum. This is not your Islamic forum where you can start giving stupid laws to people.

There's a difference between abuse and discipline
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by fourboys: 7:53am On Oct 11, 2021
drlateef:

Are you still talking this nonsense? Bombing millions with nuclear bomb, is that not worse? Who did it, was it Muslims?
99pct are Muslims

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Can Someone Get His Transcript From A University In Nigeria / Exam Hall & Condition In FUTO (photo) / Female Professor Sexually Harassed A Male Student At New York University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.