Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader (47585 Views)

I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student / Brutal Flogging Of Madrasa Students In Kwara: Celebrities React (Video) / Coronavirus: Kwara Govt To Shut Down Schools From March 23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by beejaay: 8:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
AbdulHakeem44:
Flogging a child as a form of discipline is accepted in Nigeria, it only becomes molestation when the flogging becomes too much and causes physical harm.

Flogging is part of Islamic law as a form of punishment or discipline, but never was it meant to dehumanize. No one would scold a father who beats his child to discipline him but everyone would castigate him if the beating becomes dehumanizing.

The flogging was too much is what should be condemned and not the reason they were hit.

Most of the people commenting do not have first hand information of what happened, the incomplete story spread by enemy of Islam to satisfy their Islamophobic heart is not good enough, we can do better.

Many of us born in the early 90s actually received most of this kind of punishment and that is why many in our generation are morally upright than the indomie generation we have today, but here they are hypocritically condemning the same punishment that made them morally upright.

By the way, the beating in the video was too much and should be criticized.

Addition

Many idiots already quoting me, I thought I would see someone who would argue intellectually but to my surprise, they were all dumb-heads. Didn't they see where I condemned the beating for crying out loud. These people would still condemn Islam if they had beat those kids lightly but for the sake of clubbing or partying. They will ask u what happened to freedom of movement and association. Lol.

Which morally upright are you talking about.. Morally upright yet we are corrupt everywhere and anywhere, we trained the so called indomie generation the art of corruption..every bad thing in this country today are the product of those born in the 70s,80s,and 90s so abeg where is the moral uprightness that u are talking about.. The level of adultery in ilorin today is still by the same people

3 Likes

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Dybala11(m): 8:38pm On Oct 10, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Too much of inhumane beatings at Ile kewu (Madrasah), that's why many of their students become more stubborn.

Few days ago, two seniors at Madrasah saw a junior of them riding bike like the touts do. The two just looked for canes around & waited by the road side for him to return. When he got close, they whipped him so hard that he nearly lost control on the road. We wondered what they would say if the immediate punishment had led to a fatal accident.
I think it's the thrill of being the one dishing out the punishment instead of being at the receiving end that encourage some of these people sef. I'm presently teaching at a secondary school here, and I've been told stories about and have witnessed how Alfas dish out severe punishment to erring kids under their care. It's barbaric, it's inhumane, it's ugly. Beating sef has lost it's meaning when all you care about is doing so like it's targeted at an animal.

2 Likes

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by lanocfoods: 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2021
Lexusgs430:
This is abuse.....

Is Nigeria now ìran, Iraq, saudi of afghanistan..........

Religion is what would eventually kill nigeria.......

If nah my pickin receive flogging so....... Air Marshalls go raid that school and homes of all those involved.......
Most of the parents support this madness, the reason they were sent there in the first place
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Newton85: 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
efficiencie:

Mention the other abrahamic religions where women are being flogged in this manner! Mention the other abrahamic religions where you get beheaded for adultery, disobeying authority or even for murder...please mention the abrahamic religions!
Both Christianity and Islam are misogynistic, end of.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by wumi2017(f): 8:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
Islam is d religion of peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
stayclearofme:

Islam don't regard women. Between if I were the girl I will grab one of them by the scrotum... We die there!

As in eeeh ..this is so barbaric
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 8:59pm On Oct 10, 2021
AbdulHakeem44:
Flogging a child as a form of discipline is accepted in Nigeria, it only becomes molestation when the flogging becomes too much and causes physical harm.

Flogging is part of Islamic law as a form of punishment or discipline, but never was it meant to dehumanize. No one would scold a father who beats his child to discipline him but everyone would castigate him if the beating becomes dehumanizing.

The flogging was too much is what should be condemned and not the reason they were hit.

Most of the people commenting do not have first hand information of what happened, the incomplete story spread by enemy of Islam to satisfy their Islamophobic heart is not good enough, we can do better.

Many of us born in the early 90s actually received most of this kind of punishment and that is why many in our generation are morally upright than the indomie generation we have today, but here they are hypocritically condemning the same punishment that made them morally upright.

Addition

Many idiots already quoting me, I thought I would see someone who would argue intellectually but to my surprise, they were all dumb-heads. Didn't they see where I condemned the beating for crying out loud. These people would still condemn Islam if they had beat those kids lightly but for the sake of clubbing or partying. They will ask u what happened to freedom of movement and association. Lol.

I think you are a certified terrorist.

3 Likes

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by tnerro1(m): 9:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
But why na, I tot Yoruba moslems are different from those ones in the north

1 Like

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by justmondris: 9:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
Please Where is the peace in this religion and why are they always fighting for their God?

1 Like

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Tomilola360: 9:07pm On Oct 10, 2021
suspend abi make dem jail am for 3months

1 Like

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by CSTR2: 9:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
Who cares?
As long as they're Muslims.

Instead of their women to look for Christian men and marry and enter liberality and freedom, they would be looking for another Musa or Idris or hafeez to marry.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by effort1: 9:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
Empiree:
John 2:15

Flogging is part of Christianity. Jesus Christ beat the shit out of the Jews in the temple for misbehave.

So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables

All the clowns that are talking down Islam is this and that, how does this concern you?. The children admitted to the guilt and have resumed to ile keu. How does this concern you?. Didn't your apari bishop Oyedepo slap a girl in church?. So what's the noise all about?.

The same people that are screaming "barbaric" are quick to throw tires on suspected robbers, thieves, witches etc and burn them alive without judicial cause.

Again, your Jesus beat the holy crap out of the Jews in the temple. If you can not apply your biblical Laws because you have shamelessly abandoned your Bible laws, then you need to shut the hell up on Islamic issues. Whether the beating was appropriate or not is our problem not yours.

Many get beaten at school yet we still completed out secondary school education. So y'all need to chill.

JOHN 2:15

Shut up. Stop making excuse for abuse with words of the Bible. Yet, you Muslims say the Bible is a book of jokes, but here you are using the Bible to support the evil in your religion.

Does the Bible you quote say several people should gather together to beat a child in the name of discipline?

3 Likes

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Sheriman(m): 9:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
Those people who are saying ill statement about Islam here are nothing but fools and fucking hypocrites. If this happen in one Nigerian household I am sure nothing of such rubbish will be uttered here. Flogging and slapping are part of punishment in Africa it is when it comes too much or getting to dehumanizing that child then we can say it is a crime. What is religion of Islam correlate with this brutal flogging. We have heard how Pope had sex with teenage boys in Europe and America does that correlate with Catholicism or Christianity. How will you people feel if they use that bad incident to condemned Christianity or judge all the Pope that they are all doing it. I just don't know why the hate for Islamic religion? Islam is a faith on its own also people will surely shows their individual wicked behavior towards each other. I think we should becareful of taking one incident that happen to judge the whole Muslims and Islam.
I also condemned this barbaric act. This is dehumanizing not punishment or discipline

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by abokimallam: 9:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
From the beatings received by the students, that’s why they are hardened and ready to kill anyone.
Islam is a violent religion . Anywhere they are is killings, beheadings, raping, kidnappings etc. That’s why Russia and China banned the moslem religion and they are making progress while Nigeria is in crisis because Islam. “Religion of fis “

1 Like

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by matm: 9:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
oh Islamic school.thought it is a secular school.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Topmaike007(m): 9:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
UncleKoboko:

No, na story book
HYPOCRITE
that is Jew law and it is not applicable to we Christian's Mu.mu

2 Likes

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Chicky34: 9:27pm On Oct 10, 2021
I know this is where all the people hypocrites from other religious sects will be carrying there big mouth and be insulting Islam even though they haven't read anything about Islam or how women are very important in Islam...they only carry there big mouth like that of a cow cuz of what they hear about Islam...but to read na wahala. Awon original hypocrites
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Benbellamor: 9:29pm On Oct 10, 2021
effort1:

Shut up. Stop making excuse for abuse with words of the Bible. Yet, you Muslims say the Bible is a book of jokes, but here you are using the Bible to support the evil in your religion.

Does the Bible you quote say several people should gather together to beat a child in the name of discipline?

So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables

Can you read at all?
Bolded above he used whip to "drive them out".... Scare them ....pursue them...

But that can't be said of six hungry terrorist beating a young girl like a criminal....

1 Like

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Lexusgs430: 9:37pm On Oct 10, 2021
lanocfoods:

Most of the parents support this madness, the reason they were sent there in the first place

I hope you're Yoruba..... I would try my best to write this........

Bami no ọmọ mi, kò dẹ nù olomo......... wink
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by effort1: 9:37pm On Oct 10, 2021
Benbellamor:

Can you read at all?
Bolded above he used whip to "drive them out".... Scare them ....pursue them...

But that can't be said of six hungry terrorist beating a young girl like a criminal....

And it justifies gathering 3 boys to flog a girl right?

You can read quite alright, but your brain is too dull for proper reasoning

1 Like

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by aurorae1: 9:55pm On Oct 10, 2021
AbdulHakeem44:

Addition

I have more to say but I'd ask;whenn does caning become "too much?" because anytime a person is flogged it becomes physical.
Also your generation morally upright What generation is currently the cause of the woes(moral, ethical, intellectual etc.) facing our so called "morally upright" nation?
Always, ALWAYS, condemn what is wrong, do not be two-faced, both in your heart and in your speech. It's either one of the other.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by fourboys: 9:57pm On Oct 10, 2021
drlateef:

This is the most stupid statement I have ever heard or read from a someone I could have mistaken for a mentally deranged person. Do we not see and hear of how pastors and father GOs are raping and dehumanising women of their church? Has the Catholic Church not been found guilty of sexual assault of young boys in western countries by their governments? Has the pope not apologised for systematic cover up of sexual abuse? If you admit those facts, then what do you call Christianity?
beheading and throwing bombs nko??

1 Like

Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by fourboys: 9:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
Smarttravels:
While your religion is led by thieves. Should we say it is a religion of thieves and con artists?
as long as they don't wipe out whole of country with bomb
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by luluman: 10:01pm On Oct 10, 2021
fourboys:
I watched the video earlier today, danm they nearly killed those guys.... Islam na cancer to humanity, if they are not killing dey are bombing, now dey don include serious flogging embarassed embarassed embarassed
They just must inflict one form of pain or the other.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Pymetrics: 10:07pm On Oct 10, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Why is Islamic religion so intolerant and hateful of women so much?
Shop playing victim card. The barbaric acrt involves both male and female.

And to you and others linking this event to Islam. Well, you're all ignorant. This is not what Islam preaches and what they díd is parallel to Islam. They act on their own will and they erred. Simply because it's an Arabic school does not justify the position of Islamic rulings.
When the issue of deeper life maltreatment of a pupil came out some months back, did we say that is this what Christianity teaches? Why is Christians always look for a way to attack Islam by leaving out the main issue?
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by isaiahethan: 10:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Why is Islamic religion so intolerant and hateful of women so much?

Because they are terrorists by nature, heartless.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by UncleKoboko: 10:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
Topmaike007:
that is Jew law and it is not applicable to we Christian's Mu.mu
Lol
How stupîd can you be?
Jew law in a christain Bible?
Lol

It's hypocrisy that will ruin all of you till eternity.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by Aremson14(m): 10:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
fourboys:
I watched the video earlier today, danm they nearly killed those guys.... Islam na cancer to humanity, if they are not killing dey are bombing, now dey don include serious flogging embarassed embarassed embarassed
Sharap ur mouth, I went to a military school and back dem da flogged one of my guys more than that. Most of u guys have hatred towards Islam b4, just looking for an excuse to air ur irrelevant opinion.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by berryPee(m): 10:23pm On Oct 10, 2021
Emu kpakè wàa grin grin
fourboys:
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by lequama10: 10:23pm On Oct 10, 2021
[quote author=fergie001 post=106621035]....It was gathered that the students were severely beaten because they went to celebrate a friend’s birthday. Pictures of the birthday celebration were posted online. However, their teacher saw the post and thought they drank alcohol, but they only had yoghurt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yKPbRf3ywE

Hajia Sa'adatu Modibbo Kawu

Hon. Commissioner for Education and Human Capital Development
October 10, 2021

[/quote, only a poor man's child will be tortured like this, schools like this clearly, is for the masses"poor ones specifically " or inexpose , reason most religious leaders doesn't want things get better in this country, fear, hunger, lack of information or exposure is what they need to strive, without that they will be irrelevant, politicians also needs them so to cage the minds of the masses. All religion has there ways of doing this, approach and tactics is just different, what a pity. Our problem in this country is religious leaders, political leaders and the rich people..
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by siant: 10:24pm On Oct 10, 2021
AbdulHakeem44:

Addition

Physical assaults is a crime in International Convention on Child's Rights, in which Nigeria is a signatory.

Most of Islamic laws and their ways of life are outdated. You and I know some of our culture that are no longer fashionable in today's world that are being jettisoned.
I know a quoranic/ Arabic training center in Ibadan, where young children whose ages are not more than 12 attend by 8 pm to past 10 everyday. You will see many of them receiving beating of their lives for sleeping off. This is time these kids ought to be sleeping at home nah. As far as I m concerned, this is pure wickedness.

Some parents are ignorant for religion nonsense.
Re: Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader by berryPee(m): 10:28pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ah even alfa Sule that was begging her for HEAD join dey beat her shocked shocked some people only know how to treat women like property sha.
Afghans on da beat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See The Evil Happening In Uniport! / Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? / Exam Hall & Condition In FUTO (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.