Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund (49400 Views)

Kalu Ikeagwu To Court: My Wife Denied Me Sex, Deserted Family / Pictures Of Kcee And His Wife, Ijeoma Okonkwo As She Rocks Bikini / Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma Eze Welcome Their First Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by Unseen(m): 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
ofordegreat:

"Remarry" as you ascribed to the man without severing the first marriage is not correct (especially if he had a court marriage). However, the Igbo tradition just as in some other tribes permits a man well to do to marry more than one wife (though with the full consent of the first wife). Therefore, in the case of Mazi Kalu Ikeagwu he cannot "remarry" until the embattled marriage is formally severed inline with customary law of the land.

This topic is crucial for the younger generation who know little or nothing about culture/tradition. There are things that cannot just be wished away. If you do not know endeavour to ask questions.

We're talking traditional marriage here. No court stops a man from performing Traditional marriage.
The topic of argument here is Bride price. You don't pay bride price in the court.

You talk about customary law of the land and forgot that the customary law of Igboland in terms of marriage is Polygamy.

Listen. If you marry in court without paying bride price.... You're not married in Igboland

Are you even Igbo sef?
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by Unseen(m): 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
nwaimoroseyaho:
what will happen in the case of divorce if the man did not pay bride price? Or if the parents of the girl accepted only drinks and other stuff to assist the man, so in this case what should be returned?
Am here to learn

Stop contradicting yourself. Divorce..... No bride price.... Can there be divorce without marriage?

In the case the parents of the girl want to help the guy, they will take a token from him even if it's N50.

1 Like

Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by Kajaard: 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2021
Iyaebe:
He should return all the sex he had with her too,after that then she will in turn return the bride price.Its that simple.

Is sex not a mutual thing?
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by brennyB: 2:30pm On Oct 11, 2021
I'd like to know though, in a situation when bride price was not collected by parents and marriage was done only traditionally in the western state. How can such marriage be dissolved?
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
Kajaard:

Is sex not a mutual thing?
Which kind mutual thing, is it not men that always request for sex?Mtcheww
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by Kajaard: 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
Iyaebe:
Which kind mutual thing, is it not men that always request for sex?Mtcheww

But we enjoy it equally cheesy
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2021
Kajaard:

But we enjoy it equally cheesy
This is a big lie,if so why would women be on their own and men will be pestering them for relationship and sex,have you seen women chasing men for sex?be truthful
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by millionboi(m): 2:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
Iyaebe:
He should return all the sex he had with her too,after that then she will in turn return the bride price.Its that simple.
thy had d sex together na
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by Decryptor(m): 2:47pm On Oct 11, 2021
Iyaebe:

I expected this foolish usual pea-brained post which is familiar with empty-headed Nigerian females.

She should also refund all the semén he deposited in her too...I hope it makes sense to you?

Nonsénse
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by Druss(m): 2:48pm On Oct 11, 2021
Iyaebe:
This is a big lie,if so why would women be on their own and men will be pestering them for relationship and sex,have you seen women chasing men for sex?be truthful

How old are you?
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by legba1(m): 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2021
muller101:
This post is not about davido. Create a thread for
that.

Nope bro, the matter is related to the subject matter.. So using Davido as a case study is still apt.... Or do you think Davido will allow what Churchill allowed Tonto Dike did with their son... I know personally that won't happen..
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by batb: 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
Bola146:
cry I don't know why I hate divorce, separation or fight in marriage, especially when they have kids God help all marriages experiencing storms in their homes, please calm the storm and restore back peace in their homes Amen
You hate divorce etc. because you have been programmed to hate it, there is nothing wrong in getting divorced. The only thing about divorce in Nigeria is that we don't take it in good stride! You will hear other races becoming friends after divorce but in Nigeria, divorce na WAR!
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by Kajaard: 3:17pm On Oct 11, 2021
Iyaebe:

Many times, it has even happened to me like thrice, no kidding.
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 11, 2021
Kajaard:

Many times, it has even happened to me like thrice, no kidding.
Are you trying to form fine boy or what. Proof that it happened or I don't believe
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by freshalien: 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
Iyaebe:

Didn’t both of them enjoy the sex; or was it one sided?
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by Gfh1: 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by abidem4real: 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2021
Iyaebe:
They both had sex with each other. It takes two to tango. Nevertheless, I don't support the man's reported bad habits. But I think we need to hear the story from both sides before we start nosing for we can't judge no matter what.
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by loyaltygame(m): 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2021
Iyaebe:
Yes ma very simple
Madam oil de your head.

1 Like

Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by ImaIma1(f): 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
Iyaebe:

What about the sex she had with him. Will she return all his semen too?
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by shantti(m): 5:25pm On Oct 11, 2021
Unseen:

Corrections.

Any child she conceived from another man will either be accepted or rejected by the former husband if the bride price is not returned.
Nobody will force him to accept a child that is not his unless he choose to. And the illegitimate child will never inherit anything unless the man choose to allow it.

On the other side, the lady can't remarry unless the bride price is returned while the man can remarry multiple times sef without collecting the first bride price.

In Igbo tradition, it's a man's world

Even the legitimate children of the man will not allow his illegitimate child inherit anything should the man die.
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by shantti(m): 5:30pm On Oct 11, 2021
pepperdemzombie:

That's why they kill themselves over inheritance, most of them are not the legitimate ones to inherit, and they are always greedy.
Just imagine the son your woman brought from outside to be older than your legitimate daughters or you eventually don't have a son.
You die, he inherits you, the mother marries another man, he inherits mother and son plus your properties while your legitimate daughters eat leftovers or nothing.

The bolded is wrong. Ur step father is not the owner of ur property. The property belongs to the boy not his step father. The boy can even decide to have nothing to do with his mum's new hubby.
Also, women in Igbo land inherits properties from their father as long as such a property is not in the village.
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
Bola146:
cry I don't know why I hate divorce, separation or fight in marriage, especially when they have kids God help all marriages experiencing storms in their homes, please calm the storm and restore back peace in their homes Amen

Marriage is overrated!!!
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by Godispeace: 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2021
at the expense of the life of either spouse Oga get sense Marriage is not by force
Bola146:
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by Bola146(f): 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
Godispeace:
at the expense of the life of either spouse Oga get sense Marriage is not by force

I don't think you get sense

4 Likes

Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by princewarri1985: 6:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
CaptainAyub:

Don't always delve into what you don't know.e de kill person sometimes.
Return of bride price is traditional divorce.
The girl cannot date or remarry if d bride price hasn't been returned.
Does it mean that the man is going to die if the girl date or remarry without the bride price being returned? Or the girl is going to die if she remarry? Am just asking, because i have heard and witnessed instances of some married igbo women who sleeps around and nothing happens and please am not trying to be tribalistic here, am just trying to push a point because married women from all tribes cheat too including hausa yoruba, ishan benin urhobo benue calabar etc
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by pepperdemzombie: 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
McStoic:

This is the problem I have with some Yoruba people though not all. You guys imagine things a lot. Haba mana

Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by Christistruth02: 6:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
Kalu Ikeagwu was such a fantastic actor with very great God given Potential

He needs Gods direction in everything
Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by pepperdemzombie: 6:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
Valtteri:

My mama na Werey!
What nonsense did you type?

Re: Kalu Ikeagwu And Wife, Ijeoma's Marriage Crashes, Demands For Bride Price Refund by bepositive11: 6:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
starbuck:
When i read the news, i was really ashamed of him for demanding 14k bride price as a refund

I don't think it's because of the money, but because of the symbolism

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Evia Simon: "God I Need A Man That Will Love Me Unconditionally" / Cynthia Morgan Wears New Look, Fans React (See Photos) / Dolapo Badmus Weds On December 1st (Pre-Wedding Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.