Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) - Career (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) (63714 Views)

Where Is Jumoke "The Bread Seller" / Man With Two Degrees And Phd Now Working As Labourer At Dangote Refinery / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Ishilove: 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2023
budaatum:
Na, not really. I've always found "broke" to be relative, and have at times been so broke that I drank a litre of water before my 001 eba so I would be full. Then a colleague came crying he was broker than I was so I decided from that day on to share my litre of water and 001 eba with him. I have however been so desolate that 30 valium tablets jumped down my throat once.

It was the day of my last O'Level in which I expected to do well in 4 subjects, but efforts to register for Nov-Dec to make up the shortfall had ended with a walk from Oshodi to Ketu and a night in jail, and no uni for buda meant no escape from the hell buda lived in. Still, buda was just exhausted, Ketu-Obanikoro-Ketu not being a non-tiring walk 3 days a week. Buda wanted to sleep, and the the valium jumped off the shelf of the chemist shop in which buda lived and into the hand of buda which put them inside the mouth of buda who swallowed them. Then buda got up, after still not sleeping, and went for a walk and passed out and was rushed to Ikeja General where the stomach of buda was pumped out. Guess that was the day I learnt to not my own hands be the death of me.

As for wrong roads. Nothing ties one to any road. If you don't like the journey you're on, choose a new destination and go there instead.
Wow...

1 Like

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2023
Please anyone out there that can help me with a loan
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 15, 2023
In dire need of A job
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2023
Omo
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 15, 2023
IgiveLadiesBj:
Omo

Chief been a while how everything
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 21, 2023
Larry1960
Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by budaatum: 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2023
azraeljaheel, I hope this is you transforming from a cheap labourer into an effective worker.

2 Likes

Re: The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2023
I wish you goodluck bro. Hope you make it after all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply)

Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You / Sinmisola Ajibola: How Men Feel When They See Female Pilot In The Cockpit / Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.