Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria (5504 Views)

El-Rufai: I Still Believe In Tinubu’s Capacity To Make A Difference — Sen. Kalu / PEPT: Do You Still Believe Peter Obi Has No Case? / Umahi: Why South-East People Still Obey IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abetterperson: 9:50am On Oct 11, 2021
I really want to know if people still believe in one Nigeria because from want am hearing on the streets, I fear for the unity of Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 11, 2021
Only people who can't see further than their nose still believe in one Nigeria.

Only people who are benefitting from the rot are fighting for one Nigeria.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by cybersoldiers: 10:35am On Oct 11, 2021
Abetterperson:
I really want to know if people still believe in one Nigeria because from want am hearing on the streets, I fear for the unity of Nigeria

Only Yoruba's still believe in one Nigeria and for their selfish interests.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 10:37am On Oct 11, 2021
cybersoldiers:

I don't believe in one Nigeria however we can consider a United Nigeria
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by helinues: 10:42am On Oct 11, 2021
God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by helinues: 10:44am On Oct 11, 2021
cybersoldiers:

All your senators, house of reps members, governors should have resigned from their position now if they did not believe in one Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 10:45am On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

Answer me this question, has Nigeria ever been united?
Look for Lugards voice memo on the first meeting of the reps of the newly created Nigeria and realise that with all due respect, you are looking for fantasies.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 10:46am On Oct 11, 2021
helinues:

All your senators, house of reps members, governors should have resigned from their position now if they did not believe in one Nigeria
Isn't that what IPOB is doing with the "No Election" that you criticise?
That is no more fake reps. Na IPOB fit people like una

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 10:47am On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

Answer me this question, has Nigeria ever been united?
Look for Lugards voice memo on the first meeting of the reps of the newly created Nigeria and realise that with all due respect, you are looking for fantasies.
A united Nigeria is quite different from one Nigeria, a united Nigeria means a devolved Nigeria where each region is free to exit, United means that we have our individual identity as a people while sharing a loose union, breaking Nigeria up instantly could arrive at pre colonial chaos, in the pre colonial time there was war of mutual independence all round, if it happened today the casualties will be massive

1 Like

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by helinues: 10:48am On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

Isn't that what IPOB is doing with the "No Election" that you criticise?
That is no more fake reps

So you mean the politicians holding political post in SE are from Taraba?

Cos as you claimed only Yoruba's are the one still interested in one Nigeria while your politicians are still receiving monthly oyel money

6 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Idiko1: 10:54am On Oct 11, 2021
Abetterperson:

Only basement fools still believe in the nonsensical "One Nigeria". It has never existed and will not exist.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 10:57am On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

A united Nigeria is quite different from one Nigeria, a united Nigeria means a devolved Nigeria where each region is free to exit, United means that we have our individual identity as a people while sharing a loose union, breaking Nigeria up instantly could arrive at pre colonial chaos, in the pre colonial time there was war of mutual independence all round, if it happened today the casualties will be massive
Did breaking of Ottoman Empire result in precolonial wars?
Did breaking of Soviet Union result in it?
Yugoslavia nkọ?
Czecko-slovakia?
Ethiopia?

These are actual unions with a degree of consent and direct force unlike Nigeria where the people don't know what is happening at all.
Let me tell one thing, ask anybody that witnessed 1966. Everything happening now was exactly what was happening in 1966 before the coup, The people called for it and alot of educated people like Wike Soyinka defended it. The coup saved Wole Soyinka from carrying out his resolution of turning into a rebel against the Western Government.

Back to the foundation to Nigeria. Lugard reported on voice tape that there was no atom of relationship among the reps as the sat moping each other like aliens. Some don't even know that some particular groups existed. He said it was like a meeting of animals of different species. When the reporter asked him how he intend to manage or does he see any PEACEFUL future for the new amalgamated colony, he answered "That doesn't matter as it will guarantee British interests and profits easier"

Isn't it what we are seeing today, where over 20,000 deaths in the North a year if not reported by most notably BBC but the whole world is more fixated on Gaza crisis that has a death toll of 246
Like he said, it doesn't matter if we wipe each other as far as British interest and profits are guaranteed

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Idiko1: 10:58am On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

Are you okay? No wonder you enjoyed posting craps on this forum. Currently, Nigeria is united because the union of ethnic nationalities is still intact. Unity has nothing to do with united or union.

3 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abohboy: 10:58am On Oct 11, 2021
cybersoldiers:

Wrong. Many Igbos still believe in One Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abohboy: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

Yugoslavia nkọ?
Czecko-slovakia?
Ethiopia?

These are actual unions with a degree of consent and direct force unlike Nigeria where the people don't know what is happening at all.
Let me tell one thing, ask anybody that witnessed 1966. Everything happening now was exactly what was happening in 1966 before the coup, The people called for it and alot of educated people like Wike Soyinka defended it. The coup saved Wole Soyinka from carrying out his resolution of turning into a rebel against the Western Government.

Back to the foundation to Nigeria. Lugard reported on voice tape that there was no atom of relationship among the reps as the sat moping each other like aliens. Some don't even know that some particular groups existed. He said it was like a meeting of animals of different species. When the reporter asked him how he intend to manage or does he see any PEACEFUL future for the new amalgamated colony, he answered "That doesn't matter as it will guarantee British interests and profits easier"

Nigeria will stay as one it's okay
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Idiko1: 11:00am On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

Yugoslavia nkọ?
Czecko-slovakia?
Ethiopia?

Bro, the dude seems to confuse unity with united or union.

1 Like

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 11:01am On Oct 11, 2021
Abohboy:

Nigeria will stay as one it's okay
With those that will remain. Ndigbo and those that consider themselves Human beings not lab rats for British experiment will definitely leave in the nearest future

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Idiko1: 11:02am On Oct 11, 2021
Abohboy:

Wrong. Many Igbos still believe in[b] One Nigeria[/b]

Please expatiate the silly phrase "One Nigeria". The phrase is a dumbass.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 11:08am On Oct 11, 2021
Idiko1:

Bro, the dude seems to confuse unity with united or union.
These people are the reason why I insult the whole of black people by mistake.
Infact I don't know what I am still doing here with people like this but I guess we still have to enlighten our dumb brothers irrespective of the annoying stupidity that comes from them.

Do you know that the same Britain that is holding them down fought two bloody wars to free themselves first from the Roman direct political authority and second from the Italian (Roman) spiritual authority (Catholic Church) birthing Anglican but black people will always reason through their anus.
Funniest part is that the first one was instigated by a woman. A woman, not ordinary woman, a mother "Nwaanyị ji ụmụ". Though she didn't later actualise it totally but she laid the foundation.

6 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 11:10am On Oct 11, 2021
Abohboy:

Wrong. Many Igbos still believe in One Nigeria
Then support the referendum let the vote of the imaginary majority count.

You'll just be typing some things without research. 98% of Ndigbo detest Nigeria like leprosy that's why Green and white is the rarest something you can see an Igbo man wear. Start taking note of it from today.

8 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abohboy: 11:13am On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

You'll just be typing some things without research. 98% of Ndigbo detest Nigeria like leprosy that's why Green and white is the rarest something you can see an Igbo man wear. Start taking note of it from today.

Where did you get evidence that stipulates 98% of Igbos dislike Nigeria? I have no problem with a referendum but it should be done when Nigeria is in a better position as in when a new constitution, federalism, civil reforms etc have been put in place but if proper change isn't realized in 2023 I will join you guys in pushing for secession

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by DeadCountry: 11:14am On Oct 11, 2021
Abetterperson:
Stupid, daft, and dumb question. Have you been living in a cage?

1 Like

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abohboy: 11:15am On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

Infact I don't know what I am still doing here with people like this but I guess we still have to enlighten our dumb brothers irrespective of the annoying stupidity that comes from them.

Do you know that the same Britain that is holding them down fought two bloody wars to free themselves first from the Roman direct political authority and second from the Italian (Roman) spiritual authority (Catholic Church) birthing Anglican but black people will always reason through their anus.
Funniest part is that the first one was instigated by a woman. A woman, not ordinary woman, a mother "Nwaanyị ji ụmụ". Though she didn't later actualise it totally but she laid the foundation.

The British didn't fight any war to be free of the Romans they were freed when the Roman empire collapsed from the onslaught of the Germans and they didn't fight any war to be free of the Roman Catholic Church either they simply persecuted those who fought against the conversion of the state and in the first place the basis of the separation from the Roman Catholic church was stupid he just wanted a son and the church wouldn't allow him to divorce
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 11:25am On Oct 11, 2021
Abohboy:

The British didn't fight any war to be free of the Romans they were freed when the Roman empire collapsed from the onslaught of the Germans and they didn't fight any war to be free of the Roman Catholic Church either they simply persecuted those who fought against the conversion of the state and in the first place the basis of the separation from the Roman Catholic church was stupid he just wanted a son and the church wouldn't allow him to divorce
What is this guy talking about?
Oga, the Germans were the first to show other less advanced nations like the Saxons etc that make up Britain that Guerilla warfare was potent in expelling the Romans from their land after they did it successfully.
At that time the Germans had no standing military, even most of the tribal chiefs children were part of the roman military holding significant posts.
So I don't understand were your German misconception came from.

From 4th century, that is more than 400 years under Roman direct rule, the Saxons intensified their guerilla warfare after seeing the results of Germans in Germania which subsequently led to the freedom of Brittania.

Need I remind you that at that time, most ruthless commanding Roman Officers were British or half British, eg Bonosus, all under Western Roman Empire.
This explains the confusion of trying to break Ndigbo that some of their brothers are in politics brouhaha

6 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by DeadCountry: 11:33am On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

Why are you talking differently today? Where you not among those advocating that IPOB should join the dungeon's politics to get freedom for Biafra?
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 11:36am On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

Yugoslavia nkọ?
Czecko-slovakia?
Ethiopia?

Isn't it what we are seeing today, where over 20,000 deaths in the North a year if not reported by most notably BBC but the whole world is more fixated on Gaza crisis that has a death toll of 246
Like he said, it doesn't matter if we wipe each other as far as British interest and profits are guaranteed
First of all, stop mentioning Lugard or the Europeans in your whatever misfortune, you guys keep mentioning the amalgamation of 1914 forgetting that each region Of East, West and North got independence differently, if Nigeria breaks there is going to be need for a union to negotiate for peace,

Nigeria is not same with those other empires you mentioned, Nigeria contains more nation that had reached independent city state, I'm Igbo and I can categorically tell you that the first thing we would do in AlaIgbo Republic would be to Annex Opobo but Opobo was always been an independent city state, but today both Ijaws and Igbos have an eye there

What happens to Benin Kingdom would they stand on their own or would they want to annex Itsekiri and won't that bring friction between them and Oduduwans, what about Ilorin, would Oduduwa take them along, won't that be another friction between them and Fulani,

What about middle belt, Ottoman empire was broken via the world war 2 and you don't even see that over 6 million people had to die in that war, you talk about USSR, you forgot the broke up through a coup and that coup window is closing up and in the future Coup would be very impossible in Nigeria because leaders are already very aware,

You are citing examples without citing the cost
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 11:38am On Oct 11, 2021
DeadCountry:

Why are you talking differently today? Where you not among those advocating that IPOB should join the dungeon's politics to get freedom for Biafra?
Join or maintain an arm/mole in it?

I know you've heard of Hezbollah right? The military wing is designed as International terrorists while the political arm is designed as an international political organisation and they make deals with other countries.
I believe you now understand what I am saying. Without a state scaled resources, Hezbollah won't have the resources to be the most funded unofficial government paramilitary arm in the whole world with Ammunitions, logistics etc surpassing most countries in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 11:39am On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

How can he support the referendum did you ask for it, is it by asking for referendum in the street and sending misrepresentatives apparently the wrong people are asking for referendum and honestly I don't know whose interest they are truly protecting
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 11:42am On Oct 11, 2021
Idiko1:

Are you okay? No wonder you enjoyed posting craps on this forum. Currently, Nigeria is united because the union of ethnic nationalities is still intact. Unity has nothing to do with united or union.
When you don't understand things ask question the United state(s) is called united state(s) and not one state, get the different that's not a one state it is different states that agreed to come together they can as well agree to part, before Nigeria can break we must first be united and pursue it when we understand the plights of everyone otherwise welcome to the big table ignorance is not an excuse to the law
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Idiko1: 11:46am On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

This is one reason Africans who flaunt PhD degrees are looked upon as ill-educated idiots by Europeans. These jackasses cannot think to free themselves from the announced danger.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 11:51am On Oct 11, 2021
Idiko1:

This is one reason Africans who flaunt PhD degrees are looked upon as ill-educated idiots by Europeans. These jackasses cannot think to free themselves from the announced danger.
Your paranoia is what's keeping everyone in Nigeria and I tell you what you can't break Nigeria with this attitude, come off it you can't keep insulting everyone's sensibilities and right those professors you address in that way knows what they seen,

My dear the truth is that the only thing keeping Nigeria together is Biafra, breaking Nigeria is very simple but we are going about it the wrong way and the people who always had the power to break Nigeria is a lot reserved when considering that option but try and read the history of Nigeria see who is going to be like Russia if Nigeria breaks,
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 11:54am On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

First of all, stop mentioning Lugard or the Europeans in your whatever misfortune, you guys keep mentioning the amalgamation of 1914 forgetting that each region Of East, West and North got independence differently, if Nigeria breaks there is going to be need for a union to negotiate for peace,

Nigeria is not same with those other empires you mentioned, Nigeria contains more nation that had reached independent city state, I'm Igbo and I can categorically tell you that the first thing we would do in AlaIgbo Republic would be to Annex Opobo but Opobo was always been an independent city state, but today both Ijaws and Igbos have an eye there

What happens to Benin Kingdom would they stand on their own or would they want to annex Itsekiri and won't that bring friction between them and Oduduwans, what about Ilorin, would Oduduwa take them along, won't that be another friction between them and Fulani,

What about middle belt, Ottoman empire was broken via the world war 2 and you don't even see that over 6 million people had to die in that war, you talk about USSR, you forgot the broke up through a coup and that coup window is closing up and in the future Coup would be very impossible in Nigeria because leaders are already very aware,

You are citing examples without citing the cost
First of all, Opobo and Ubani will be settled in the Court if the ijaws have time to waste because it is a lost cause for them.

Second of all, Lugard is the number one problem of what is happening to everybody trapped inside Nigeria because before they created your "West, East, North" nonsense, there were nations and many established and defended their boundaries perfectly. So it is obvious that messing up with such delicate thing gave rise to the existing conflicts we see today. For example, Boko Haram won't have existed if Kanuri was not part of Nigeria because Shehu of Borno perfectly defeated the Uthman Dan Fodio Fulani forces in 19th century.
Herdsmen won't have existed because Tiv successfully expelled the same Fulani.
The Yorubas would have perfectly united themselves or follow the template of the British is the British maintained their lines post paper colonialism. What would have remained is decision on Ilorin Emirate either by arms or by paper.
Ndigbo would have perfectly reformed and embraced their distinct democracy following the abolition of the British imposed monarchy by the same British.
The Bini would have retained their Monarchy.
Ijaw would have enjoyed their peace in which ever way they want. And please this Bonny and Opobo brouhaha started after 1971, prior to that they were proudly Igbo and go with the tag in Pre colonial Nigeria, both politics and otherwise and registered it in the first census, Ijaw land starts and end with most of what Adaka Boro gave in his map for Niger Delta Republic (that is present Bayelsa state).

So you see, Lugard is the problem. If there was no Amalgamation, there won't be need for 7 million people to die in the name of Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Supreme Court Judgement: Nwagboso Congratulates Governor Otti / Nigeria May Go Bankrupt As Crude Oil Price Falls / FG Inaugurates Panel To Recover Unremitted Revenues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.