Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,756 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi (24778 Views)

Peter Obi And Abure Accused Of Misappropriating LP's $15 Million (Video) / Pandora Papers: I Am Yet To Receive Invitation From EFCC – Peter Obi / Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by Tinubuadvocate: 3:47pm On Oct 11, 2021
This man dont give a fvk about you existence why you dont want federal government to investigate him why you igbo like shielding criminals.
4tomandchi:
I just hope they can also invest these kind of effort in investing northern politicians. Why are they keeping secret the list of those sponsoring terrorist and bandit is no because they are hausa?

Let them continue we are watching!!!
Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by Toks007: 3:48pm On Oct 11, 2021
4tomandchi:
I just hope they can also invest these kind of effort in investing northern politicians. Why are they keeping secret the list of those sponsoring terrorist and bandit is no because they are hausa?

Potato, tomato, 2 very different things.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by grandstar(m): 3:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
Why would a businessman keep up to $15m in cash in a bank, earning little or no interest?

Either he's the very conservative type investor or this is just a tip of the iceberg. He invested Anambra's state money well. Even if he placed his money in index funds, they should have doubled in value in 10 years.

Anyway, I speak partially as a layman

The so-called $15m, is it only cash or is it a mix of stocks, bonds, cash and so on? I would like to know.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by CaptainAyub: 3:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
Shawnnn01:
The auditor for Mobil was living in a rented apartment. Same Tinubu that his mother as always been a king maker in Lagos.

Na wa for you ppl ooo.
That woman is not Thiefnuubu's biological mother,it is a well known secret.
You shouldn't have raised it up at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by Simplythebest: 3:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
Peter Obi again. Hmmm this people won't rest till they bring this man down. When so people are busy flying on their private jets, having billions in their account. And having property all over the world they won't see the real thieves in this country. This country will never be good with the kind of hatred and bad politics we play.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by Xbs1: 3:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by prophetfire: 3:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Na waa..
How exactly did he get the money??
Then again, did he declare them??
That's the question..
That means you don't know about him. He didn't start from the scratch. He inherited father's wealth and built upon it. When he says family company, it started from his parents. NEXT or what is it's name isn't his originally. He inherited it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by Tech724(m): 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2021
Are you experiencing difficulty's in watching your favorite TV movies, series, documentary's and or channel; or you want to upgrade to affordable, better satellite decoder and or have multiple viewing point.

Kindly contact Auth technical Services via 08159229130 for the installation, maintenance and repairs of DSTV, GOTV, MYTV, KWESE, STARTIMES and Free To Air 'FTA' with multiple channels.

We can assist in resolving no signal, faulty connection and other prevailing issues with your decoder; and our services cut across Nigeria.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by OgunkeelAllMod: 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
Another thief (uncaught) forming innocence! To hell with the law! It's only for the poor undecided cheesy
Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by wink2015(m): 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2021
EX-GOVERNOR PETER OBI SEEMS TO HAVE A GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF MONEY AND ITS MANAGEMENT with respect to beneficial spending.

That is the etiquette that seems to be keeping him on the higher flyers.

He believed in good saving culture, prudent management of resources.

Unfortunately, there are only a few of his kinds in Nigeria among the politicians that we have experienced so far.

I think Nigeria next President should be a professional ECONOMIST, BANKERS with a good sense of spending that will create more revenue, create savings and all that.

2 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by grandstar(m): 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2021
myrrtle:
Peter Obi is just as successful as most igbo people. If Igbo's have their country, they'll be as successful as Taiwan or Hong Kong. Other tribes go climb fence to enter biafra cos Biafra will be the best place in Africa and there will be no alamanjiri to hold them back.

Loving your country won't make you rich. Sound economic policies are what will

Chinese people are industrious like the Igbos but under Chiarman Mao, the country became desperately poor. Lee Yuan Kew, the late Singaporean prime Minister called the policies China ran then as an excess of hubris and theology before he died.

It was sound economic reforms after Mao's demise that made China what it is today.

2 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by ejanla077: 4:10pm On Oct 11, 2021
josite:
Twice Reuben abati asked him to be specific about how he made the money,the man was parambulating.hevsaid he supply champagne to arise chairman years ago in surulere and he owns majority shares in 3 banks.

He lost a golden opportunity to prove his money is legit.he lost my vote forever.

He never had your vote.. Shut up

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
CaptainAyub:

I suggest you look for Yinka Odumakin's interview on why he fell out with Thiefnuubu, it is quite informative.
He also mentioned Tinubu owned only 1 weather beaten Peugeot 505 and was using Ganiyu Solomon's cars during his campaign.
Besides,you could just tell us Tinubu's personal house is in so so street.
We already know the place he is living now is former Lagos state guest house which he converted to personal use.
Bookmarked this comment.

No one could say his house was in so and so street and he owned this business or factory in so and so street in Lagos before 1999.

Now in Lagos everyone is pointing to lands, estates,private jet,hotels,radio,newspaper,tv station and shopping malls he owns after he became governor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by ejanla077: 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
grandstar:
Why would a businessman keep up to $15m in cash in a bank, earning little or no interest?

Either he's the very conservative type investor or this is just a tip of the iceberg. He invested Anambra's state money well. Even if he placed his money in index funds, they should have doubled in value in 10 years.

Anyway, I speak partially as a layman

The so-called $15m, is it only cash or is it a mix of stocks, bonds, cash and so on? I would like to know.

Bro Peter Obi is an astute business man and investor. His investments for Anambra state government in bonds and share ownership. Make so much money for Anambra state... He invested in states and federal government bonds which has grown massively...

I respect that man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by ejanla077: 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2021
RuudVanNistroy:

Bookmarked this comment.

No one could say his house was in so and so street and he owned this business or factory in so and so street in Lagos before 1999.

Now in Lagos everyone is pointing to lands, private jet, businesses,hotels,radios,newspapers,tv stations and shopping malls he owns after he became governor.

Everything he owned was after 1999

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Na waa..
How exactly did he get the money??
Then again, did he declare them??
That's the question..
Peter Obi is not your average poor rat Politician. He was major share holder in 3 banks, importer and CEO of companies before becoming governor. So the man is made.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by Solsix(m): 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
soulfood:
How did you make the money? That is what needs to be answered? if he can prove it is legally made, the its his choice where he saves it
Everybody can't be poor

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by Commentor: 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2021
od501:

All these overfed babies in this group shaa...you know you can't read, you go collect 30k dey do BMC job. Mumu!

grin

No be your fault.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by McStoic(m): 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2021
BigSarah:
Yeah I didn't like that part of The Interview..
TMI(Too much Information) Peter Obi, Peter Truly Cares about his Image, you can't stain the stainless..

That's the reason why Prof Charles soludo, should be elected Governor, these are people who have something to protect...Soludo will live to go above the standard of Peter Obi and Willie Obiano..
Andy UBA is known rogue that doesn't care, he has nothing to protect or offer really...

Nigeria missed a good head when Obi and Atiku weren't elected in 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by CaptainAyub: 4:36pm On Oct 11, 2021
RuudVanNistroy:

Bookmarked this comment.

Now in Lagos everyone is pointing to lands, estates,private jet,hotels,radio,newspaper,tv station and shopping malls he owns after he became governor.
You hardly see any Igbo man singing the praises of thieves like Orji Kalu,Rochas,Andy Uba etc.
But some Yoruba ppl will never see anything wrong with their own thieves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by Otiwaikuku: 4:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
stephanie11:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/breakingpandorapapers-i-have-15-million-in-offshore-accounts-peter-obi/

Naija is a funny place.Why go after someone that made money outside politics but the ones that became billionaires by looting our common wealth are being worshipped?
Where are the political billionaires?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by gbemishile: 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
But u were saying that u reaused to buy cars for ur children,but u get mi d save million dollars for ofshore account.
Abeg where that meme dey abeg

'I wish I could just wake up one day and my popsy go tell me say Im get million dollars for offshore account,say I'm just wan teach me to humble'
Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
ejanla077:

Everything he owned was after 1999
Everyone in Lagos could point to MKO Abiola houses and businesses and even the famous ITT Nigeria Fela Kuti sang about he owned in Lagos. However, the same couldn't be said of Tinubu before 1999 and he has now even surpassed MKO Abiola level of wealth.

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by dovestar(m): 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2021
I am beginning to suspect that this is an attempt to stop Peter Obi from running for President.
He is one of the most credible people from the entire South

2 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by bestdudes: 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
MT:
Our institutions in Nigeria are so weak. Obi, Saraki , Oyedepo etc should have been invited for questioning by now. AGF office suppose to have automatically swung into actions by default.

Global journalists have done their bits by exposing these thieves, it's up to the govt to tidy up the prosecution. If nothing happens to these people, we have emboldened another set of pen robbers in this country.
Even the people that reported it never called Obi or Oyedepo thieves cause there was no prove of that aside the fact that they kept money in a tax haven, which isn't even a crime.

Except you can authoritatively establish that they stole your money, embezzled it, and kept it away, you have no right to call them thieves.

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by Bashir75: 4:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
CaptainAyub:
Correct man.
I've been waiting to hear anyone accuse you of touching govt money but none has.
And they keep comparing you that was already doing well b4 u became governor to Thiefnuubu who was living in a rented house in his own Lagos state b4 he became governor

WHICH MONEY HE MAKES BEFORE BECOMING GOVERNOR? YA’LL MISERABLE LOTS MASTURBATE ON LAGOS/SW. WHY DIDN’T HE INVEST THAT MONEY IN IGBOLAND, YOUR SO CALLED JEWISH LAND. BUT STAY IN LAGOS ROADS DEY SELL PURE WATERS. BEFORE YOUR PAPA BORN YOU, BEFORE AZIKWE JOINED HAUSA/FULANI TO FORMED GOVT IN THE FIRST REPUBLIC AND BEFORE OBI MIGRATED TO LAGOS TO WORKED IN A BANK, TINUBU FAMILY IS HOUSEHOLD NAME IN LAGOS AND SW. OMO IRANKIRAN[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by djon78(m): 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2021
CaptainAyub:
Correct man.
I've been waiting to hear anyone accuse you of touching govt money but none has.
And they keep comparing you that was already doing well b4 u became governor to Thiefnuubu who was living in a rented house in his own Lagos state b4 he became governor

grin
Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by Don27tiky(m): 5:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
4tomandchi:

it is not Nigeria that is investigating these guys so don’t start thinking of bias. One thing we fail to understand is that southerners are more corrupt than northeasterners. As a matter of fact northerners are learning the act of corruption from southerners. I am from the south but base in the north. This guys are more sincere to do business with
Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 11, 2021
myrrtle:
Peter Obi is just as successful as most igbo people. If Igbo's have their country, they'll be as successful as Taiwan or Hong Kong. Other tribes go climb fence to enter biafra cos Biafra will be the best place in Africa and there will be no alamanjiri to hold them back.

The chest beating starts

Same region that can boast of a single city in its entire land mass

You guys are too loud.

Aboki will worth $6Billion, you won’t even see it in his character or life style. Igbo man will just have $1 million dollars, he will start paying bloggers to hype him

Forget the notion that you the most successful. Those who are don’t make noise about it.

You lots are just the loudest

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by CaptainAyub: 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2021
Bashir75:

WHICH MONEY HE MAKES BEFORE BECOMING GOVERNOR? YA’LL MISERABLE LOTS MASTURBATE ON LAGOS/SW. WHY DIDN’T HE INVEST THAT MONEY IN IGBOLAND, YOUR SO CALLED JEWISH LAND. BUT STAY IN LAGOS ROADS DEY SELL PURE WATERS. BEFORE YOUR PAPA BORN YOU, BEFORE AZIKWE JOINED HAUSA/FULANI TO FORMED GOVT IN THE FIRST REPUBLIC AND BEFORE OBI MIGRATED TO LAGOS TO WORKED IN A BANK, TINUBU FAMILY IS HOUSEHOLD NAME IN LAGOS AND SW. OMO IRANKIRAN[color=#000000][/color]
Lol.
This zombie no even know anything sef.
Them just commission you to de constitute hooliganism online and you are doing well in that respect grin
Tinubu's biological mother died in Osun state about 10yrs ago,he couldn't attend himself but sent a delegation so he can keep living the lie.
He is like an adopted son in the Tinubu family of Lagos,d whole world knows this.
Tinubu is from Iragbiji in Osun state or how do you think he became a uncle to governor Oyetola of Osun state?Abi you've never heard that?
Oyetola is Thiefnuubu's immediate elder sister's son
I jus de pity you grin

https://dailytrust.com/obituary-odumakin-buharis-former-spokesman-who-made-life-a-living-hell-for-bola-tinubu

Read this to the end,it provides some snippets to the crook you worship,including d fact that his real name is not bola or ahmed,nobody knows the schools he attended etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 11, 2021
Nothing do you Sir, you are a big thief , but you are our thief. angry

(*sarcasm*)

I knew this guy was rotten when he attend the funeral of Nnamdi Kanu parents (very likely a staged fake event organised by UK for whom Kanu is a Secret Agent)
Re: Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi by VULCAN(m): 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
Are you a teen?

Peter Obi was the largest shareholder when setting up Fidelity Bank.

He was wealthy long before he became a governor
soulfood:
How did you make the money? That is what needs to be answered? if he can prove it is legally made, the its his choice where he saves it

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amaechi Visits Plateau, Inspects Ongoing Work At Heipang Inland Dry Port, Jos / Why Osinbajo Must Dislodge The Cabal — Sen. Murray-bruce / Ambode: "I Am More Igbo Than Any Other Person"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.