Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law (46107 Views)

I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? / Just Found Out I Am A Month Pregnant / I Just Found Out Her Hiding Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by abbey621(m): 3:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
The number one reason they said two siblings should not marry from the same family is because God forbid one of the marriage enters one chance and is served hot breakfast, the negative energy and the rift between both families could spill into the remaining marriage. Human beings can be predictable and also unpredictable, imagine if the guy turned into an overnight boxer and started using your sister's face as training before facing Tyson Fury, as her brother can you react the way you should without hurting your own wife? Similarly imagine you married the girl and she turned out to be troublesome to the point that her parents wants her to leave you, can your sister's marriage survive the fallout? Think am well well, what the elders see sitting down, the young ones cannot see while standing.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by AkaraAndBread: 3:52pm On Oct 12, 2021
heendrix:

Told my sis bout us and she's like how would it feel marrying from same families, even begged her to look for another guy but she's not listening to me

Before she listens to you, you should try and listen to yourself.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by pek(m): 3:55pm On Oct 12, 2021
Xagacem:
in majority of igboland they don't allow that, once you're related to someone through marriage you become one family
Can you point out to me from the write up that's says it's Igbo land? Last I checked, it is not a taboo since two of them are not related by blood. If twins can marry another set of twins why can't they marry?
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by VULCAN(m): 3:57pm On Oct 12, 2021
I have gotten to the end of Page 1 and nobody could explain WHY it is wrong for siblings to marry from the same family.

Most people are just brainwashed zombies shuffling around, incapable of thinking for themselves.

Such a shame

4 Likes

Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by BabaCommander: 3:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
heendrix:
I and her have always been this close buddy since my first day in secondary school and along the line, one thing led to another that she had to leave the school cuz the family relocated to another state. this broke me and I felt sad cuz she was this good gentle girl that always care so much bout me.

After some years, we reconnected on FB and just like a dream how we felt for each other never change. she wasn't forming, we still chat till late night. we later loosed contact and some way life still connected us after a while and we just couldn't hide our feelings for each other that we opened up on how we've always felt Since those JSS 1 days so we got dating and tbh she's just that damsel. never giving trouble, understanding and still her gentle self and now my sis is bout ruining it for us both as her elder brother is actually my sister's fiancee who are expecting to get married next year.

tbh folks I can't cut short this relationship cuz of this. what will happen if two siblings marry from same families?? is it really a taboo?? aswear it's just doing me like a movie anytime I get to think of it. I'm just kinda sad atm what do i do??

PS; We're both final year students of a 5years course in two different uni
Giam belle, una go first ya sis.
No tell me u na student oh. Xtra year for her maybe..but you got a whole life to live with her.
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by Xagacem: 3:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
pek:
Can you point out to me from the write up that's says it's Igbo land? Last I checked, it is not a taboo since two of them are not related by blood. If twins can man twins why can't they marry?
I was only coming from the perspective if he's from igboland I know he didn't point out that,
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by olinx: 4:00pm On Oct 12, 2021
Marry her this year then.
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by BabaCommander: 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2021
AfroKnight:

Damn! You beat me to it. I typed that and scrolled up only to see this comment grin

OP needs to act fast. His sister won’t forgive him though. grin
Who cares?
Sister can carry her own belle.
Oh wait.. op can still do that after even after the sister's marriage.
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by anayolity: 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2021
heendrix:
I and her have always been this close buddy since my first day in secondary school and along the line, one thing led to another that she had to leave the school cuz the family relocated to another state. this broke me and I felt sad cuz she was this good gentle girl that always care so much bout me.

After some years, we reconnected on FB and just like a dream how we felt for each other never change. she wasn't forming, we still chat till late night. we later loosed contact and some way life still connected us after a while and we just couldn't hide our feelings for each other that we opened up on how we've always felt Since those JSS 1 days so we got dating and tbh she's just that damsel. never giving trouble, understanding and still her gentle self and now my sis is bout ruining it for us both as her elder brother is actually my sister's fiancee who are expecting to get married next year.

tbh folks I can't cut short this relationship cuz of this. what will happen if two siblings marry from same families?? is it really a taboo?? aswear it's just doing me like a movie anytime I get to think of it. I'm just kinda sad atm what do i do??

There's nothing wrong with this at allll.... If I'm faced with this scenario I go still marry my babe jare
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by alizma: 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2021
heendrix:

Oga calm down na, why are you acting like a looser, running when no one is after you?
There is nothing wrong there, what you should worry about is the fact that you are still and undergraduate who is meddling with issues that should be left for graduates and gainfully employed persons.
As a final year student, you have roughly 4years ahead you before you can go into this marriage business with all sincerity, for now just enjoy your girl friend.
1st year-Graduate and wait for call up
2nd year- Go for NYSC
3rd year- get a job if you are among the few lucky ones
4th year- get your apartment and enough money in your account, then you can start talking seriously about marriage issues

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by AKWATGOLD1(m): 4:08pm On Oct 12, 2021
No big deal guy.

Na tit for tat.

Her elder brother gbagauuun your elder, You kukuma gbagauuun your sister in law.
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by Rotji(m): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2021
heendrix:

Judging with the fact that I knew her first bfr my sis ever dreamt of meeting him. I even regret helping him to talk to my sister then when he used to beg n bribe me

So op you are the one that even connected them in the first place, now you are crying foul ehn tongue grin cry

But don't worry, there's no where it's written or enforced as a law or taboo that siblings cannot Marry from the same family. Unless your love for each other is not strong enough, going by your history with your babe it shows there's something there for you two.

Do not fear, resolve to weather any storm to ensure you reach your final destination (that is if the destination na marriage be dat).

So congratulations in advance, do not forget to come back and tell us how it went o grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by BabbanBura(m): 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2021
virginprincess:
Dude you better live that girl alone and face your studies, and allow your sister get married to her brother, it not right for two siblings to marry from the same family.

Which culture makes it wrong or which religious book?

Nothing wrong marrying from same family jhare, guy, go marry ya babe and let ya sister marry her guy.

And if for any reason one must drop, it better be you and not ya sister.
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by ekanx27(m): 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2021
Simple logic.

Allow your sister to marry her brother, don't marry your girl but don't stop gbenshing her as long as it last. It will be your dividend and consolation for losing a long lost love.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by Mandrake20(m): 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2021
Come i get free sister to give u to marry, tear rubber self, or kuku wait when i get marry i give up my daughter grin
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by bigjackass: 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2021
i don't see what the problem is undecided
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by Mandrake20(m): 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
ekanx27:
Simple logic.

Allow your sister to marry her brother, don't marry your girl but don't stop gbenshing her as long as it last. It will be your dividend and consolation for losing a long lost love.

Bad pikin grin
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by ekanx27(m): 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
VULCAN:
I have gotten to the end of Page 1 and nobody could explain WHY it is wrong for siblings to marry from the same family.

Most people are just brainwashed zombies shuffling around, incapable of thinking for themselves.

Such a shame

You accuse people of what you don't know. What does that make you? Wise? I doubt it

Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by Bahddo(m): 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2021
virginprincess:
Dude you better live that girl alone and face your studies, and allow your sister get married to her brother, it not right for two siblings to marry from the same family.
why not? What is wrong with it?
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by raphy(m): 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2021
It will be better u just carry knife kill ya sister Husband to be than come here to tell us you beg your sister to look for. Another man .

This guy can kill person one day.. because of a girl u never sure she will Mary u ..

I spit.for ya matter
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by romunu(m): 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2021
For China brother de marry sister,she’s not ya sista, you are not related by blood,you can marry her.
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2021
heendrix:

Judging with the fact that I knew her first bfr my sis ever dreamt of meeting him. I even regret helping him to talk to my sister then when he used to beg n bribe me

When you helped the guy to talk to your sister, were you just hoping he'll chop your sister and go?

If so, then you wicked true true... Abi you no want better thing for your sister?

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by Ablemed: 4:42pm On Oct 12, 2021
kingsceedon:

Oga just be calming down before you kill yourself for nothing, na the thing dey make you dey type anyhow you like? Just look at all the errors in your typing, both atm and the rest, don't put all your trust on the Virginia people ooo, they pretend a lot, just be thanking God say God wan use that her brother scatter everything for you, I repeat my words, don't trust Virginia people

Correct his mistakes if you can and stop sounding like an aged fool
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by Prowriter1: 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
Joker like you. If it's bad, why your sis no leave him so you can have space? Ahbeg if you change your mind, kindly send me her contact as am a final year student in 6 years course looking for reliable damsel not all these use and dump.
Ablemed:

Correct his mistakes if you can and stop sounding like an aged fool
heendrix:

Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:57pm On Oct 12, 2021
Idamond:
Leviticus 18 vs 6 to 30

if u see any there don't marry her again but if you don't see marry her and FCK her jealously...

This particular case isn't covered in those verses, bro
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by Azbabanla1: 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2021
Damn nigga this your story is fable something we watch on Africa magic yoruba yesterday cool
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by Mom007(f): 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2021
Y'all should marry on the same day. That cancels any obligations to each others families.
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by NohurryInLife: 5:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
abbey621:
The number one reason they said two siblings should not marry from the same family is because God forbid one of the marriage enters one chance and is served hot breakfast, the negative energy and the rift between both families could spill into the remaining marriage. Human beings can be predictable and also unpredictable, imagine if the guy turned into an overnight boxer and started using your sister's face as training before facing Tyson Fury, as her brother can you react the wayb you should without hurting your own wife? Similarly imagine you married the girl and she turned out to be troublesome to the point that her parents wants her to leave you, can your sister's marriage survive the fallout? Think am well well, what the elders see sitting down, the young ones cannot see while standing.
Na the main issue gangan be this 100%....
You too wise bro!
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2021
virginprincess:

How is it not right, if i may ask please?
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by hAlexandro(m): 5:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
Know someone with similar scenario. Thou it's his cuz. He married her sis and he's in love with the junior sis. Was hard to convince the folks cos he was warned to stay off her but trust me with prayers and alot of Conviction you will scale thru
Re: I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is About Becoming My Sister In-law by chaloskyx: 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2021
THERE IS NO TABOO AGAINST MARRYING YOUR SISTER INLAW NOW, AFTERALL TWO BROTHERS THAT BARY SISTERS FROM THE SAME FAMILY ARE THEY NOT INLAS TOO ABEG STOP PANIKING OVER NOTHING

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady's Bridal Shower Photo Has People Talking / 31 Problems Of Good Looking People / Man Marries Three Women Same Day In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.