Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! (49633 Views)

My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. / Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again / “I Dont Wear Pant, If My Child Makes Suspicious Money In Ghana I Wont Take” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Psoul(m): 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:
Hello friends, my daughter is very far ahead of her peers (class mates and outsiders) academically and otherwise. She started school when she was 2yrs. 3wks in school she had already knw how to write 1 to 10, A to F (I mean write not just to read).

Now she is 3yrs and she does things extraordinary. She can write 1 to 200, Aa to Zz without anybody assistance. She does her H/W alone, can read and spell two letter words. She sings a lot. I wanted her to play at least one musical instrument b4 she turns 5.

Two yrs ago, I had this vision of grooming "exceptionally intelligent" kids btw 9-12yrs to study outside their normal school curriculum. I mean a 9yr old kid in JS1 answering physics and advance maths question. Am still working on it. But my child is just 3yrs old and i am begining to be afraid. Married with two kids, an average of 30k monthly income as a private school teacher, I think, I lack the financial resources to push my daughter to where she deserves.

I need proper advice on how to guide her now.

Do Not Worry, For I am With You...thus says the Lord God of Host.
Multiple Scholarships Coming Her Way.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2021
Father Lord I want a genius as a child o, there will be money to train her. Amen.

Congrats OP. God will provide scholarship for her, I have a genius friend that is on schorlarship in university.
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by lilyheaven: 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2021
Bbqekpa:

My neighbors 2 year old is like that. My own son is a year old and I pray he's smart cos I no know book 0 but d mom is very smart

Children of these generation are actually doing great.
It also depends on the school too.

My two year old son just wrote 0 - 50
A- Z
He is not just writing, all his class mates are writing too.

His 3 years old brother writes to 400, the school is aiming they write to 500.
As for reading , all of them are already reading., and coding.

So don’t worry, before you enroll your child, ask questions around. You will get the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by rolams(m): 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2021
money121:

Almighty God will provide the money to take Good Care of Our Kids
But if you don't mind sir
I can assist with something for her Sch fees
Every term!
Just my part to contribute to her Success in Life
So you can Pm me let Discuss abt that sir!
Iyanu Masele God No go shame Us

*Update*

With my Little Support, So i decide to support the little Genius with 10k monthly Allowance for her Sch fees!
At least this will go A long way..
Wish her more knowledge and Understanding

Attached below payment for this Month!!

You are wonderful! May you never lack!!

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by money121(m): 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2021
rolams:

You are wonderful! May you never lack!!
Amin
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by completey(f): 1:48pm On Oct 12, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
coolmay her Wisdom surpass Daniel's own.It a gift from above.Such a brilliant girl will gain admission to tertiary university @,15 /graduate @20

There are factors in Nigeria that would not let her achieve this feat. Except you are wealthy. My daughter was denied admission into school of nursing because she is 15 after passing their CBT exam and interview. And no money for private University.

Nigeria only favours fraud,( "if she had lied about her age they would have admitted her) that's the advise people are giving us.

May God send help your way, to take care of this unique talent. Try to develop other skills she has. My daughter repairs generator without ever being an apprentice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by CSTR2: 1:49pm On Oct 12, 2021
Check out Mensa.
The globally recognised high IQ society for the top 2%.

If she can solve their IQ questions, she will become a member.

https://mensa.ng/

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Acidosis(m): 1:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
peeps4u:

Obviously not by going back to school with 30k earning and not after having first degree in elect.

He's aware of his financial status already, something more realistic like a job opportunity or any money making idea you have for him would be a better advice.

Reminding him of his financial status without offering to help when he already stated that doesn't help but even hurts.

BTW, I'm not attacking you, it is just that we are sometimes fond of reminding people their statuses which already hurt them without proferring any workable solution or help to alleviate their problems

It's obvious you didn't read our conversation. My advise is why you and everyone else got to know about his qualification in the first time. If I hadn't mentioned the idea of improving his finance (through going back to school), you probably may have assumed he's not well educated.

When I read his response - the part he mentioned his qualification - what I did was to simply wish him well and keep trying, implying that the idea I proffered earlier is not feasible. Since you saw the qualification, then you should have seen my response.

And since when does "improving once finance through higher learning/education" becomes a hurtful comment to someone seeking new ways to train his child?

Some of you can be needlessly emotional. There are people who wouldn't attempt getting a woman pregnant even on 100k salary. OP already has 2 kids so he needs to be reminded that to give his kids the best, his finances must also improve (even if his child does not show any outstanding academic performance). This is a realistic advice for a family-related thread to the best of my knowledge. Others may proffer luck, prayers, scholarship, and other differing opinions.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Johel(m): 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:
Hello friends, my daughter is very far ahead of her peers (class mates and outsiders) academically and otherwise. She started school when she was 2yrs. 3wks in school she had already knw how to write 1 to 10, A to F (I mean write not just to read).

Now she is 3yrs and she does things extraordinary. She can write 1 to 200, Aa to Zz without anybody assistance. She does her H/W alone, can read and spell two letter words. She sings a lot. I wanted her to play at least one musical instrument b4 she turns 5.

Two yrs ago, I had this vision of grooming "exceptionally intelligent" kids btw 9-12yrs to study outside their normal school curriculum. I mean a 9yr old kid in JS1 answering physics and advance maths question. Am still working on it. But my child is just 3yrs old and i am begining to be afraid. Married with two kids, an average of 30k monthly income as a private school teacher, I think, I lack the financial resources to push my daughter to where she deserves.

Give her sound education first...she's still too young to be pressured with anything...just give her basic education and guardian first...as she grows,God will enlarge your coast for greater things ahead,by then you can enroll her in a music school or medical school...she could be a scientist that will change the world for good or a global star that will unite africa and bring peace amongst pple in future...Just try give her the best ... Anything good comes from discipline, patience and sacrifice...All the best.
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by MorningStar233: 1:56pm On Oct 12, 2021
You don finally born Nigerian version of Young Sheldon
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by therightvoice: 1:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
Thank God for the wonderful child, please brought her up with the fear of God so that she will grow with the wisdom if God. Ephesians 3:6
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 12, 2021
yunqdady:

grin check with a psychiatrist bro, you not too well. Peace cheesy
Come again undecided
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Oiza131(f): 2:05pm On Oct 12, 2021
I teach a child of age 3 who writes to 400 on her own in less than an hour. I'm sure if she has her way, she'd have written pass that. She reads the alphabet, identifies and can sound from a-z. In fact ehn, after learning for an hour, when I tell her we're done, madam starts crying that she wants to continue. I've never seen such a child. She blends three letter words and even read them as a sentence. The girl dy fear me sometimes. Funny enough, she didn't come out 1st or 2nd position in class last term. I want to meet the child who came out first. The child must be extra genius. These children ehn, they're something else. I must have an intelligent child o. God abeg!
ntrukpum:

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Purpleflower: 2:05pm On Oct 12, 2021
money121:

Every term!

*Update*

With my Little Support, So i decide to support the little Genius with 10k monthly Allowance for her Sch fees!

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Orente21(f): 2:15pm On Oct 12, 2021
money121:

Amin
I need ur help sir.
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by ejimatic: 2:19pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:

. Why are you bothered for no reason? Do not expose your child to your enemies.A genius can be raised in a farm! God will provide for you.congrats

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by ToyinDipo(m): 2:29pm On Oct 12, 2021
Move her to a developed country ASAP, before the socio economic and cultural situation in Nigeria under develops her.
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by professore(m): 2:34pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:

my own advice for you is that, protect that girl, I mean don't hand her over to the wicked by talking about her brain all around the town. I hope you understand.
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by adanny01(m): 2:43pm On Oct 12, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Good one

But don't get too excited...

You need to monitor her progress...don't rush her, don't skip her class ...let nature just handle everything with steps...

Finally I will advice you channel are career line to science...

A future course to study should be

Computer Science
Computer Eng
Physics
Or Math/SATs

By age 8 let her start learning how to code!....it's important
Goodluck

Thank God she is not yours.

What if she is more interested in music or art and could be the Nigerian version Michael Jackson or Claude Monet
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by EndBuhariNow(m): 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2021
MyAmericandream:
Then who’s a genius? Pls I need a clear definition for that word.
genius is one who do things excellently differently from others... if u called him genius then what will you call jack of all trade like us Maybe wizard
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 12, 2021
Showcase that talent of hers you are scared of to the world.

Shebi na Internet you take dey tell us now?

Oya make use of other social media platforms to showcase her.
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by helicoptarr: 2:55pm On Oct 12, 2021
NO LOUD AM!
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by BigDawsNet: 2:58pm On Oct 12, 2021
adanny01:

Thank God she is not yours.

What if she is more interested in music or art and could be the Nigerian version Michael Jackson or Claude Monet

Yea obviously, she's not mine...

And I wouldn't force any of my kids to take coding lesson or direct their path to science and technology....

It's just an advice! He doesn't have to follow it!
If the kid show interest simple basic calculation, arithmetic or maths...it would be best to take the advice....
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Blue86(m): 2:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
Watch over in prayers, and guide into the right path by you being faithful with the Lord Jesus, and training her up in morals.

For many has lost their genius children due to the lack of these above tactics to :
1. Untimely death
2. Insanity
3. Prostitution
4. Hard drugs and fleshly pleasures.

Second, do not go about broadcasting to everyone what a genius she is,but get her things that will boost her up, and do the following above mentioned advice.

Yearly, genius comes to the world.
But they get terminated before time due to the parent's carelessness.
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Abuzay2r(m): 3:04pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:
Thanks man!
yes, less stress, but jumping of class? no! I want her to go one step at a time. But i needed advise if it's proper to start teaching her things outside her scheme of Work, since she has already knew everything they are currently doing. Will i be pushing her to much? I had discussed with my wife to start teaching her addition and subtraction, and we've already prepared a timetable for that.

God bless you, your daughter and the rest of your family. Thanks for that superb response. Please let her go at her own pace. Don't confuse or overload her. Teach her anything you can or want but emphasize on what she needs to know as goes on in her learning.
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by adanny01(m): 3:09pm On Oct 12, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Yea obviously, she's not mine...

And I wouldn't force any of my kids to take coding lesson or direct their path to science and technology....

It's just an advice! He doesn't have to follow it!
If the kid show interest simple basic calculation, arithmetic or maths...it would be best to take the advice....

Bad advice is what you gave.

You don't direct a genius to a field, you guide a genius to choose his or her path where the person's best potential will be developed.

Directing a child to a field is the same thing as force.
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by tahiwopreety(f): 3:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
money121:

Every term!

*Update*

money121:

Every term!

*Update*

money121:

Every term!

*Update*

may the lord continue to replenish your pocket,I mean the giver...higher you by God grace

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by yunqdady: 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2021
HenryDion:

Come again undecided
Just checked your profile. I now understand. No be you be Admin of that useless Facebook group??
Issokay. I'm out.
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by King44(m): 3:40pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:

introduce her to coding, who knows she might end up as the next Bill Gates
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Psalmistproject: 3:46pm On Oct 12, 2021
Mamayam:
op, no worry, na initial gragra. She go mellow.

Bros u no well grin grin
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Naughtysex: 3:55pm On Oct 12, 2021
OP, i understand you perfectly well because i have a daughter like that too (my first daughter)
I remembered that she casted news in her school when she was just 4Years old girl
I remembered how people around there were shouting like "i want to know her parents, who is her parents, how old is she"

Right now she's 11years old and she's still doing many things above her age like editing videos
She just watched me editing video once ,now she has edited more than 3 skit videos on her own, without me supervising her

I thank the creator i was able to discover her on time

All i'm saying is that do everything within your strength to give quality education and also watch out for her hiding talent (I know what i'm talking about) Children like that always come with bunch of talent

May the creator increase your strength

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Man Rocks Gown, Fake Baby Bump In Maternity Photoshoot With Pregnant Wife (Pix) / Lady In A Polyandrous Marriage Shows Off Her Husbands (Pix, Video) / Ugandan Man Dies After Bumping Into Wife Who Claimed She Traveled Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.