Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,927 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? (12833 Views)

Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) / I Dislike My Small Stature / Dads, What's The Thing(s) You Dislike Most To Do For Your Kids/spouse At Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by abobote: 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2021
1, Coming home before 6pm
2, fetching water
my senior really turned me to mumu in the name training
Guys husle o, mek you piking no go stay for another man house

5 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by ashatoda: 4:49pm On Oct 12, 2021
Cutting grass with Cutlass people I hate that thing die. I always have sleepless night the night before we are to cut the grass. Spend time to think how to do the job

4 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Faber(m): 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
Again..

U see this idiotic object below...to wash it's gloves na real challenge for me.

"Go wash lantern gloves and light it, it's getting dark"
I go first do as if I no hear am. Mom go reiterate, "Faber am talking to you"

If you try break the gloves, ur own don be. Every good thing you don do for the week will be forgotten, you will be whipped blue black. Extra bonus for ur pains be say the lattern gloves go wound you join grin grin

That's why I call it idiotic object. E dey wound person wey come help am dey clean. Thank God it's extinct now.

14 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by silverx(m): 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
Davash222:
Ironing.

I'd prefer to sweep, wash, cut the grasses, dig 12 feet hole, cast 6 bags of cement than to iron 2 shirts.
iron wey be some people hobby nahim you dey dislike.

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by drlaykay(m): 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Anuoluwa12345(f): 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lol ..your parents are just building unity among you, and also teaching you to always have her in mind, care for her and love her... That's the reason behind it.
Faber:
Ok...

Each time I eat together with my younger sister, when the food served the two of us is almost finishing Mom and even Dad sef will always yell at me, "it's okay, oya wash ur hand"
"Always leave the raining food for ur little sis"

Wey be say na me work pass for house since I senior her with close to 3 years. I never up till now understand the reason behind that rule.

Upon all the food I remained for her, God no shame me, I still grow tall pass her...though she is married now grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by ComzyB(f): 4:52pm On Oct 12, 2021
I hate fetching water undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2021
Washing of pots especially when crush came around
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by temitope27(m): 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2021
Davash222:
Ironing.

I'd prefer to sweep, wash, cut the grasses, dig 12 feet hole, cast 6 bags of cement than to iron 2 shirts.
that's what I love most, I can do that from morning till night
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2021
Don't switch on the TV until you're done with all your chores and had your bath.

Don't watch movies past 10pm.

No matter how much I turned down the volume of the TV, my mum would ALWAYS know. She'd come into the living room and switch it off.

I wonder how she was so sensitive to sounds and knowing that someone's up.

If we're up studying in our bedroom, she'd wake up to come check in.

She always knew when someone was up.

12 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by 001spice: 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2021
sorosoke101:
For me I hate washing dishes with passion and why is because I had 3 sisters they mostly do the washing but ever they are not around its am always hiding from this Godforsaken chore
eaten together with my family. I just love doing my own thing alone

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Bamzyriches451: 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2021
Damn
Sweeping
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by angelfallz(m): 4:57pm On Oct 12, 2021
I hate going to the market and I hate cooking.
Modified
Choi the op asked for rules, I gave chores in my answer. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by angelfallz(m): 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lol how many times did you see your crush on the road?
TinubuGoQuench:
To carry household waste go dispose for incinerator. I dey always shame if I see my crush for road
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by 44Bulldog(m): 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
I hate doing the damn dishes
I'd rather walk from Abuja to Maiduguri to fetch water than to wash just a plate undecided

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Faber(m): 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2021
Anuoluwa12345:
Lol ..your parents are just building unity among you, and also teaching you to always have her in mind, care for her and love her... That's the reason behind it.

Good. But that's not what they always tell me. They always accuse me that am a fast eater, that before she don swallow one ball of eba, say I don swallow 3 or 4 like the score line 3:1,5:2,7:3 etc grin grin

So they will have to intervene towards the end to balance the whole thing.

5 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2021
My mom didn't allow me to do any chores at all.
but sometimes I usually wash the dirty dishes at my own will, I think that's the only what i fo.
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by SMARTMOTORS(m): 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2021
Gate closes 7pm.....damn dat shit dealt with me, I fly fence tire!

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:04pm On Oct 12, 2021
drlaykay:
I didn't do much chores actually but on behalf of my neighbors back then, I dislike the everyday siesta, which was made compulsory for them

....Because they wouldn't be available to play with you. grin
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
Don't switch on the TV until you're done with all your chores and had your bath.

No matter how much I turned down the volume of the TV, my mum would ALWAYS know. She'd come into the living room and switch it off.

Incredulous
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by OFAIKGROUPS(m): 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2021
richmond500:
Ironing, my mom used to buy these Indian kinda cloth, when i wanm iron am, ill spread it on the floor, e go just collect all the space, na so I go deh creep deh iron end to end

That thing dey tire me eeeh...u no go know wether to start ironing from top to down or side to up! grin grin grin grin
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by jeff1607(m): 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2021
Olarewaju89:
undecided

See what nairaland have reduce to with useless questions up and down undecided

As if you aren’t also guilty of asking the same. Us****ss question upandan.
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by fineboynl(m): 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2021
grin. Go and wash the car.

I had to make show run on Sunday morning before they tell me to go and wash it.
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by OFAIKGROUPS(m): 5:11pm On Oct 12, 2021
Davash222:
Ironing.

Same with me ooo.....till now sef ironing na be work for me......I do every other house without stress but u see ironing....lie lie! That one dey cause me anxiety
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by OFAIKGROUPS(m): 5:12pm On Oct 12, 2021
By force afternoon sleep

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Zimzy(m): 5:16pm On Oct 12, 2021
I seriously hated it when my mother would force us to remain indoors when other children in the compound move around and play the way they wanted. If I and my brother become so bored playing with ourselves, we would just sleep off. But thank God it really paid off as everyone commends her for raising seven responsible children. Mama B we love you.

7 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by chii8(f): 5:16pm On Oct 12, 2021
Watching TV was prohibited....."devil in the box" saga.....

3 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Timoleon(m): 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2021
Actually she didn’t know. She was having sleep troubles back then and would walk around the house to while away time. She most likely came to your room and the living room even when you were sleeping.
PrimadonnaO:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by gazal55(m): 5:19pm On Oct 12, 2021
Bath before you eat
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by NairaEffect(m): 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2021
You learnt from it. How? You own a car wash now?

princeogbeide1:
Washing car every morning.
I wash my dad's car by 6am every morning from Monday to Saturday for several years. Then Sunday afternoon is for spring wash. Even if the car was dirty or not, I must wash it.. the hardest part is when he pintch my lap to wake me up anyday I didn't wake up before 6am.
Chai that was the task I hated most while growing up but trust me,I learnt from it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Super Eagles Star, Samuel Chukwueze Loses Grand Mother / ... / Males Been Raped!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.