Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? (12857 Views)

Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) / I Dislike My Small Stature / Dads, What's The Thing(s) You Dislike Most To Do For Your Kids/spouse At Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by JaneYave(f): 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2021
Sleeping by 9pm.Once it is 9 O'clock news time, u r rising up meanwhile all the soap opera that others will discuss at school comes after 9pm.Rosa,Maria de Rose Angelo's...
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by seunfunmiadnj(m): 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2021
Na Saturdays o!
Mama go go market then cook with so many pots and plates,, to wash does things go become almighty �
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by yazzman(m): 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2021
Growing up as child was terrible for me, I never had the privilege to live with my parents. Everybody I live with took advantage of that, i almost turn maid in every household I lived.

6 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by kay29000(m): 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2021
Ironing my dad's agbada.

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
Cooking for our dogs undecided
If I remember correctly I've taken care of 15 German shepherds my dad was the owner and the only one who likes dogs in our house my brothers don't give 2 fvcks if they eat or not.....and my pman is never around when he gets back home the first thing he asks is whether his dogs have eaten if u say NO you are a dead alive already...he would ask u how many times have you eaten? If you like say u have not eaten he would tell you that's your business undecided
The useless creatures sef I don't know how they recognise me even in the dark they'll start making that their funny sound... they'll be like bros you never give us food today o sad I go just weak if I hear the sound go arrange something for them.
I hated that thing but that has been my life summary for over 17yrs.

13 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Mexyz(m): 5:48pm On Oct 12, 2021
None but i enjoyed laughing my heart out seeing my siblings communicating with sign languages or turning deaf and dumb just because Dad said no more speaking of English whenever he is around.
Its either our Esan dialect or you don't talk at all, me on the other hand could speak and also understand when spoken to...It was annoying to my siblings.

sweet old memories

come see comedy for house na grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2021
No difference btw rules and chores for naija family cheesy try missing one and you'll know it's a rule not even a house chore grin
angelfallz:
I hate going to the market and I hate cooking.
Modified
Choi the op asked for rules, I gave chores in my answer. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Emmhychidi(m): 6:01pm On Oct 12, 2021
NairaEffect:
You learnt from it. How? You own a car wash now?

Abi baba done dey do car wash grin grin

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by emmnprince(m): 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2021
chii8:
Watching TV was prohibited....."devil in the box" saga.....

Family of Deeper Life Bible Church. Right?
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Bashnigga(m): 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2021
I've always hated sweeping
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by sisisioge: 6:32pm On Oct 12, 2021
I hated the .....
1. You must brush your teeth before eating.
2. You must sweep every morning.
3. You must finish your food before eating meat.

Whew! I break everyone of those rules sose now. I make my own rules biko.

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
Timoleon:
Actually she didn’t know. She was having sleep troubles back then and would walk around the house to while away time. She most likely came to your room and the living room even when you were sleeping.

Well, I think she generally had a routine of waking up at night to pray and do the anointing thing.

But even after she's done that, if you wake up to go watch TV, she'll come out.

When I eventually got a phone and would watch stuff on my phone with the ear piece, she wouldn't come out.

It was always the sounds.

For studying, maybe flipping pages or reciting things we were trying to memorise, or all those bodily and chair and table adjustments. I don't know, though.

But nahh, she never had sleep challenges.

4 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by sisisioge: 6:34pm On Oct 12, 2021
kay29000:
Ironing my dad's agbada.

You just reminded me, washing my mom's cloth and ironing them. What a slave drive!

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Nellsworld(m): 6:36pm On Oct 12, 2021
Faber:
Again..

U see this idiotic object below...to wash it's gloves na real challenge for me.

"Go wash lantern gloves and light it, it's getting dark"
I go first do as if I no hear am. Mom go reiterate, "Faber am talking to you"

If you try break the gloves, ur own don be. Every good thing you don do for the week will be forgotten, you will be whipped blue black. Extra bonus for ur pains be say the lattern gloves go wound you join grin grin

That's why I call it idiotic object. E dey wound person wey come help am dey clean. Thank God it's extinct now.
That lantern that yr, although my mum own still dey work till now, especially when my mum tell me to change the rope, i don break that glass tire, there are rules in washing the glass, you don't put all ur fingers inside, it will break, u don't hold the edges so tight, it will break, u use 2 fingers both right and left hands to hold it and clean it

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Nellsworld(m): 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
Rules i hated
1. Be at the parlour by 9pm to watch NTA news cos my mum will ask questions during adverts and after news.
2. Eating before 7pm, i hated this rules cos before 9pm,hunger go dey sing song.
3. Don't misplace your mineral covers or chewing sticks cos na beating you go receive during primary skol days
4. No misplace big pen nor its cover, you go chop beating
5. Boys aren't meant to be in the kitchen except washing of plates
6. Don't break anything break able especially lantern glove, just prepare to receive serious beating

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by chii8(f): 7:00pm On Oct 12, 2021
emmnprince:

Family of Deeper Life Bible Church. Right?

Lolzzz.... Papa just decided to borrow that one from deeper lifers

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by laiperi: 7:03pm On Oct 12, 2021
I did it all for older and younger siblings.

The same with a friend of mine. He hated washing dishes.

Guess what? He went to America, got married and became the dish washer in the house.

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by sorosoke101: 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2021
laiperi:

Guess what? He went to America, got married and became the dish washer in the house.
lolzz when life takes you aback
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by hardon1(m): 7:11pm On Oct 12, 2021
No watching of TV after 9pm! I disliked that thing die...

My late dad will just come and off the black and white TV just when nta is about to start late night movie. The thin dey paaaiiiiinnnnn me then

Fortunately children if these days have choices which unfortunately is a problem aswell
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by HajiaNotu: 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2021
Faber:
Ok...

Each time I eat together with my younger sister, when the food served the two of us is almost finishing Mom and even Dad sef will always yell at me, "it's okay, oya wash ur hand"
"Always leave the raining food for ur little sis"

Wey be say na me work pass for house since I senior her with close to 3 years. I never up till now understand the reason behind that rule.

Upon all the food I remained for her, God no shame me, I still grow tall pass her...though she is married now grin grin
Lolz
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by kay29000(m): 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2021
sisisioge:

You just reminded me, washing my mom's cloth and ironing them. What a slave drive!

grin
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Badguy77(m): 7:17pm On Oct 12, 2021
Mum used to wake me up by 5 to iron her cloths to wear to work...It was not funny mehn....Only child, one room apartment in lag..Thank God for life sha

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by HajiaNotu: 7:27pm On Oct 12, 2021
Whenever my Dad comes around lai dis, we must shower before going to bed..

I hate that thing like Maad but you Dare not grumble.
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by philisto: 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2021
Breaking of melon (egusi)

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by princeogbeide1(m): 7:37pm On Oct 12, 2021
NairaEffect:
You learnt from it. How? You own a car wash now?

Lol
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by bukatyne(f): 7:46pm On Oct 12, 2021
Remag666:
No difference btw rules and chores for naija family cheesy try missing one and you'll know it's a rule not even a house chore grin

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Gfh1: 7:49pm On Oct 12, 2021
Ironing
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by bukatyne(f): 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2021
laiperi:

cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Uniquekriss(m): 7:57pm On Oct 12, 2021
Going to sleep in the afternoon in the name of "siesta" e dey vex me dye.

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by emmnprince(m): 8:03pm On Oct 12, 2021
chii8:

Lolzzz.... Papa just decided to borrow that one from deeper lifers

Issokay. Papa had his reasons then!
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Faber(m): 8:08pm On Oct 12, 2021
Nellsworld:

That lantern that yr, although my mum own still dey work till now, especially when my mum tell me to change the rope, i don break that glass tire, there are rules in washing the glass, you don't put all ur fingers inside, it will break, u don't hold the edges so tight, it will break, u use 2 fingers both right and left hands to hold it and clean it
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? / Children Throng The Ventura Mall Ibadan For Children's Day / Ladies, How Do You Cope With Insensitive Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.