Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,403 members, 7,830,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? (12860 Views)

Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) / I Dislike My Small Stature / Dads, What's The Thing(s) You Dislike Most To Do For Your Kids/spouse At Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by ekanx27(m): 8:22pm On Oct 12, 2021
After eating, everyone should wash his or her plate and I am not the least in the house.

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by TinubuGoQuench(f): 9:12pm On Oct 12, 2021
angelfallz:
Lol how many times did you see your crush on the road?

I sometimes did

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Melaninprincess(f): 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2021
Uses to hate ironing so much. But nowadays once I plug my freepods I'm good to go.

https://ng.oraimo.com/products/oraimo-freepods-3-tws-true-wireless-stereo-earbuds
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 12, 2021
Faber:
Again..

U see this idiotic object below...to wash it's gloves na real challenge for me.

"Go wash lantern gloves and light it, it's getting dark"
I go first do as if I no hear am. Mom go reiterate, "Faber am talking to you"

If you try break the gloves, ur own don be. Every good thing you don do for the week will be forgotten, you will be whipped blue black. Extra bonus for ur pains be say the lattern gloves go wound you join grin grin

That's why I call it idiotic object. E dey wound person wey come help am dey clean. Thank God it's extinct now.

Thanks for bringing back the memory of the good old days. grin

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Tapout(m): 10:09pm On Oct 12, 2021
Davash222:
Ironing.

I'd prefer to sweep, wash, cut the grasses, dig 12 feet hole, cast 6 bags of cement than to iron 2 shirts.

The aspect of ironing I hated was ironing my dad's starched clothes. Like I will literally be sweating while ironing. That's why till this very day, I don't starch my own clothes.
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by angelfallz(m): 10:19pm On Oct 12, 2021
TinubuGoQuench:

I sometimes did

I don't think he minded. smiley
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by ozonechrome: 11:21pm On Oct 12, 2021
sorosoke101:
For me I hate washing dishes with passion and why is because I had 3 sisters they mostly do the washing but ever they are not around its am always hiding from this Godforsaken chore

This is a chore not a rule smiley

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Kilanee: 12:34am On Oct 13, 2021
drlaykay:
I didn't do much chores actually but on behalf of my neighbors back then, I dislike the everyday siesta, which was made compulsory for them
no dey take medicine for someone headache
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Ungodly: 5:14am On Oct 13, 2021
Zimzy:
I seriously hated it when my mother would force us to remain indoors when other children in the compound move around and play the way they wanted. If I and my brother become so bored playing with ourselves, we would just sleep off. But thank God it really paid off as everyone commends her for raising seven responsible children. Mama D we love you.
how does forcing you to remain indoor later paid off or contributed to your being responsible G?

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by shantti(m): 10:39am On Oct 13, 2021
DankemzI:
Growing up in a family of 4 girls as the only boy you dare not dish food from the pot, i will finish cooking and call any female around to dish for me, if there's no female around I'll have to wait till they're back.
Even my dad was not exempted, I had to stop cooking in the house because I was not allowed to dish my food. I asked my Mom why that kind of law enforcement, she said we make food sour shocked
Sadly even in my own house I'm scared to dish food madam ain't around

Food wey u cook u no fit dish for yourself, I thought slavery had ended
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Holluwabismarck(m): 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2021
None!!!
I love ironing but not my mum's dress, especially those Ankara with different style, God!!! it can be frustrating.
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 15, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
OP talk rule, some people dey list chores.
Oya na... kukuma change thread topic
Bro na the problem of English oo and some of those ones na graduates with very bam results grin
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by ifeomaclems: 1:26pm On Oct 19, 2021
Rule of not going outside to play. I hated the fact that i and my siblings had to remain indoor while other children comes down to play. BUT you see my eldest brocan never obey that rule.
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by Xenisha: 4:09pm On May 01, 2023
I had a problem with their support portal not creating a service request properly and spent an hour waiting to talk to someone, who could only agree that the site was not working for them either. I was told the issue would be escalated. Didn't hear back for a couple of days 2 10 Home Buyers Warranty reviews. I then went through the process again. It was a miserable groundhog day experience of a non-functioning website and incompetent support.
Re: Growing Up, What Household Rule Did You Dislike Most And Why? by ItisWell22(f): 5:05pm On May 01, 2023
laiperi:
I did it all for older and younger siblings.

The same with a friend of mine. He hated washing dishes.

Guess what? He went to America, got married and became the dish washer in the house.

😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Children Throng The Ventura Mall Ibadan For Children's Day / Ladies, How Do You Cope With Insensitive Husbands? / Married Men Only-how Do You Cope Without Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.