Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work (36776 Views)

I Graduated Bottom Of My Class But Got A ₦120m-Per-Annum Job (Photos) / Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already / How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by namiji2598: 3:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
dobosky:

I have 2.1 in Ghana , did masters in U.S, doing PhD ( though I don abandon am for now ). But what's putting food on my table is the Skills I learn. Digital marketing, graphic design,Web- development and social media marketing as well as cyber security etc. There is no week I don't get job.

What am trying to say is, keep your 2.1 for now and face reality. Skills matter now. All the best.
Please can you put me through digital marketing

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by namiji2598: 3:37pm On Oct 13, 2021
dapolaw:
Sit down there and still be looking for jobs with your so call 2:1.

I graduated with 2:1 even with certifications in Oracle, but when I look tire for jobs and I no see. I kukuma started exporting charcoal, and my stories has changed ever since then. Thank God I never got those jobs then , maybe frustration wouldn't have pushed me into the charcoal business.
Tell me more abt this charcoal stuffs boss man, abeg I need a reply

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by namiji2598: 3:39pm On Oct 13, 2021
ufotty2001:
I graduated with 2:1 and 2rd best graduating student in my department.. but I have to throw away my certificate after 5yrs and enter the street.. now am not regretting!! Am very happy with myself
Tell me more abt what you do and how you did it boss man...please I need a reply

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by marwanafrica: 3:39pm On Oct 13, 2021
slydog:

I don't know where you're from but when a fresh graduate is done with NYSC they often migrate either to Lagos, Abuja or Port Harcourt or the state they reside. I want to assume you're not a Northerner, and you choose to stay back in KD, what makes you think if there's a recruitment you will be picked above other core indigene or Northerner?
I served in Kano, Tsanyawa lga precisely. Immediately after nysc I came back to PH. From PH I traveled to Lag and Abj for various recruitment test. I had the cash to sponsor my trips cos I was working and doing lessons. But this is if you're not a Northerners.
And if you are, are you a graduate? Can you teach? In every state there's always going to be top schools and employ good hands and pay well. I'll prefer teaching, trade etc than doing pay as you work for a laundry company anytime.

I am from Niger State and there is nothing left for me in Niger as the State is stagnant in times of employment and oportunuities, i am a graduate,Geography BSC. The nature of laundry job i do is that i bring customers to the company and at the end of the month the company remit 30% of interest for me,and this interest is pensionable even after i decides to leave the company and some of these customers brings laundry service repeatedly every month, in some month i get not less than 20k as my 30% commission even without going for marketing.

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by namiji2598: 3:40pm On Oct 13, 2021
ygowon:

Hi! U can't choose where to be born. You need to start from somewhere. I was in your shoes. I was among the best three in my department with strong 2:1 and since no connection, I went straight to schools to apply immediately after NYSC. 25k was my salary and while managing it, I was applying until one clicked in about a year into teaching.

When I started working in the new place, I discovered that the big salary was not even enough to solve issues, I had to plan for business since remaining on the job does not guarantee increase.

Today, I earn much bigger than I expected from the business. The economy is even good for business because as prices are going up, you also increase your own. The only disadvantage is for the salary earners whose buying power continues to go down. What they could buy before, they can't buy today.
In fact, any salary earners without plan of establishing will remain poor.

So, first find something no matter how little.

Secondly, do not have the opinion that u must practice what u studied.

Start from somewhere.
Sir please tell me abt the business you do and how you do it
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by dapolaw(m): 3:44pm On Oct 13, 2021
Here is my email dapolawrence2@gmail.com, we can connect from there.

namiji2598:

Tell me more abt this charcoal stuffs boss man, abeg I need a reply
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by desiredhome: 3:51pm On Oct 13, 2021
McSaviour:
I don’t know why I born in to this evil country!
Your problem is you not the country.....

2 Likes

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by slydog(m): 4:03pm On Oct 13, 2021
namiji2598:

I am a Master class when it comes to chemistry, man forget it the Hussle no just easy as u dey type am so, I stay in the north, the last teaching job I did was 15k a month, is this the kind of job you want me to do and go for M.Sc? I got another teaching job now 25k a month in another state, I just relocated and in just a month in the school, the students all like me, everybody now sees me as the best teacher in the school but those bullshit does not really count as we all know.... You are here typing 50k, 35k teaching job, 20k lessons for 3 student.lols.....naso e easy for your own street? If you know the kind jobs I have done in my life just to survive bro, you for no dey reason me Masters and PhD matter .....if u get job just connect me

Hmmmm.....let me be silent though.
No one owes you nada.
On a normal north no like education, that's if you're in the North. Even if they offer u 15k is that what the best sch in the state is offering? Which state are u based?
When I said 20k lesson, I meant 20k per child, gather 3 kids paying you 20k each that's 60k plus the 50k salary and you'll have 110k in a month.

Comprehension.

If you're really a "master class" in chemistry, sit down and list the top 5 schools in your state and send your CV there, there's no how you won't get something (if you are what you say you are), better still relocate to Abj or other education living states closer to you to sell your craft to the superb schools there and make a living for yourself. If I were you, I'll target boarding schls that MAY even provide accommodation. Teach, get lessons etc. Who cares about being loved by the students when you cannot monetize your skills?
We are educated so we can monetize our "master class" skills!
I can list at least 5 secondary schools paying teachers above 80 to 100k here in PH.
Your location matters!
No one is asking you to go and do MSC when you are not financially stable.
I think you also need to change your mindset, very critical!
Going through this thread a guy with 3rd class seem to be living the life I want working for unicef, cos his mindset has taken him to where he is. No one has it easy, I don't have job to give, I searched for mine and went through the process to be where I am. Run your race bro.
Ciao.

5 Likes

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by adonaimart(m): 4:05pm On Oct 13, 2021
Your resume might not be OK.
You also don't have skills for writing the resume to match the job you are looking for.

Get in touch with me, for a free resume review

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by slydog(m): 4:07pm On Oct 13, 2021
marwanafrica:

I am from Niger State and there is nothing left for me in Niger as the State is stagnant in times of employment and oportunuities, i am a graduate,Geography BSC. The nature of laundry job i do is that i bring customers to the company and at the end of the month the company remit 30% of interest for me,and this interest is pensionable even after i decides to leave the company and some of these customers brings laundry service repeatedly every month, in some month i get not less than 20k as my 30% commission even without going for marketing.
While doing this job pls get busy with other things, constantly look out for other opportunities. This job is now almost on auto pilot- your old clients keep bringing cloths and u keep earning. Pls find other source of income to augment what you already have. Try teaching, trading, foods stuff is big deal, find reliable contacts in the south or west, find how u can be sending potatoes � and other stuff here. Price of food is rising, guess who the biggest beneficiaries are? Think wide bro.

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by sulaak(m): 4:11pm On Oct 13, 2021
MOSTEC:
Your certificate doesn't guarantee u a job..... Being productive will.... It shows school didn't pass through you.... U only attended the university to get certification... And now u have it.... But can't be productive with the knowledge u acquired...

Sad....

A University degree is more than certification, it is part of growing up into adulthood, a good university education should have provided the OP with the tools and environment to be productive in terms of financial management, business engagement, critical and lateral thinking.

When I was studying for my Engr degree, I did much practical training in software development, system analyst and two unpaid placements with small companies in the technology sector. By the time I graduated I had more than enough tools to work for myself.
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by tunary(m): 4:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
McSaviour:
Education is for self development and not to hunt for jobs. Be creative with what you aquired from school
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by tunary(m): 4:20pm On Oct 13, 2021
EmperorTolson:
What can you offer?
Nothing. Not every graduate can offer something, get that clear. Bitter truth is some graduates are simply liabilities, nothing much to show for all the years in school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by samuelson06(m): 4:23pm On Oct 13, 2021
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by samuelson06(m): 4:24pm On Oct 13, 2021
PenpalOso:
Professional writer here boss, I’d appreciate if you have a gig for me. Top quality content guaranteed! How do I contact you?

Send me a PM.
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by samuelson06(m): 4:24pm On Oct 13, 2021
richmote:

Hi
Please I am interested in the writing gig
Can I dm you?

Yes.
RAGGA40:
Sir I'm interested in the writing gigs you mentioned, thank you.

Get in touch.
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by marwanafrica: 4:25pm On Oct 13, 2021
slydog:

While doing this job pls get busy with other things, constantly look out for other opportunities. This job is now almost on auto pilot- your old clients keep bringing cloths and u keep earning. Pls find other source of income to augment what you already have. Try teaching, trading, foods stuff is big deal, find reliable contacts in the south or west, find how u can be sending potatoes � and other stuff here. Price of food is rising, guess who the biggest beneficiaries are? Think wide bro.

Thanks so Much, I really appreciate. You open my eyes to explore. I really wish i can pay you for this.

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by jericco1(m): 4:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
You're funny.

2.1 no be guarantee say you go get work na.

2.1 wey people dey get everyday e reach your turn u take am personal grin

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by anointedlinks: 4:39pm On Oct 13, 2021
McSaviour:

Here's a possible solution

https://www.facebook.com/111647580740689/posts/370142208224557/
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by mrdipye(m): 4:47pm On Oct 13, 2021
2:1 d cry
We were carry 3rf nkor??
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by Orpe7(m): 5:01pm On Oct 13, 2021
Na u dey mentally lazy
Even 2:2 don get work
Keep waiting shogbo
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by arthurwillia(m): 5:07pm On Oct 13, 2021
MOSTEC:
Your certificate doesn't guarantee u a job..... Being productive will.... It shows school didn't pass through you.... U only attended the university to get certification... And now u have it.... But can't be productive with the knowledge u acquired...

Sad....

Mtchew
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
TheEnforcer:
You did NYSC?
yes i did
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by ProfGday(m): 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2021
mailemy:
Exactly. Going to school is not just about the degree but an avenue to discover other things. The world right now revolves around what you can offer and not just your certificate.

You're point sir
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by Adekunlebright(m): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2021
Your certificate is still very fresh in 9ja, Keep struggling to get job or you 4get cert and jump into street, hustle hard and become large.
Saying dis from my past experience & fustration with 9ja educational system.
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by ProfGday(m): 5:26pm On Oct 13, 2021
eagleonearth:
hugs bro that's the gbamest brotherly advice. The only time I remember I attended a higher institution is when I speak some queen's

Same energy bro... See you at the top
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by samk4: 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
The good Lord will help you bro! No worry God dey very soon you will get a job ok!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by quickly: 5:35pm On Oct 13, 2021
Maybe na 2-1 in Yoruba/igbo language education d person get nobody ask what course.

If u really got 2-1 with ur brain u for don dey into something

People are making money without formal job but business ventures

If u made 2-1 in accounting economics law engineering u go don get some kind of employment unless u are waiting for work to come 2 u

Education is good for polishing a person and exposing u to worldly view points

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by MrCuteking(m): 5:47pm On Oct 13, 2021
slydog:

What kind of jobs have u been applying for?
We must not all work in offices and knot tie.
After nysc, I immediately picked up secondary sch teaching job, 40k. Money I made from nysc I used in picking up msc form. I was teaching in secondary, doing msc and ofcourse missing classes, but was also making money doing lessons for students. All the while I kept applying for jobs.
I wrote recruitment test for FBN, spdc, mtn, vmobile, stanbic ibtc, standard chartered Bank and union Bank. It was when I started writing my thesis that Union Bank clicked for me. 1 year inside union Bank, msc done and dusted. Immediately I picked up PhD forms. Years down the line I'm a PhD holder.
Morale? Get busy.
Applying for jobs is not an excuse to be idle. Schools just resumed, send your CV to schools you'll be surprised. I advised someone on this, she got two offers. One sch paying 35k and another paying 50k. She took the 50k. Weeks later, she told me that teachers make cash from lesson in the sch, lesson there is 20k per month, gather 3 students do lesson for them and you are paying yourself.

Funny enough you studied Chemistry and education I think, wtf are u looking for with a safety certificate when your line is education and you can use that as a spring board? Except you really don't know Chemistry well, do you know how many parents will pay for lessons for their science kids to study Chemistry and physics? Dude,....

I believe you! Best point here. I'll take my leave off this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by evil1: 5:53pm On Oct 13, 2021
Get a good skill preferrable tech skill.

improve on yourself.

Add value and seek for growth

Apply for jobs like its your first time no matter the rejection mails you get.

Do a follow up.

McSaviour:
Re: I Graduated With 2:1 But This Is Making Two Years Now No Work by Boniwhite: 5:58pm On Oct 13, 2021
dobosky:

I have 2.1 in Ghana , did masters in U.S, doing PhD ( though I don abandon am for now ). But what's putting food on my table is the Skills I learn. Digital marketing, graphic design,Web- development and social media marketing as well as cyber security etc. There is no week I don't get job.

What am trying to say is, keep your 2.1 for now and face reality. Skills matter now. All the best.
did you learn all of these under someones watch with an aprentice fee or you taught yourself some?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement / Someone Should Interpret (Pics Attached). / Vacancies at Eko hotels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.