Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters (77355 Views)

'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters / Emefiele: CBN Will Seize Private Jets Belonging To Loan Defaulters / CBN Grants Banks’ Approval To Debit Loan Defaulters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by brownemmanuel43(m): 3:46pm On Oct 15, 2021
Like someone posted, don't blame the loan company. Nigerians are fond of taken loans and to repay becomes an issue
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 15, 2021
Ok
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by bigcee(m): 3:46pm On Oct 15, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
Infact the Loan sharks should use Geo-location tools to locate debtors and use koboko to flog sense into them
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by dapadawee: 3:47pm On Oct 15, 2021
robosky02:

https://nairametrics.com/2021/10/15/loan-apps-go-gangster-send-shame-messages-to-close-contacts-of-loan
I beg for the benefit of nairalanders in anambra my advice i beg be careful federal govt have bad plans for anyone that moves suspiciously, ipob also have bad plans for anyone that acts to be on the federal side. Play safe play smart. I can see huge numbers of police being deployed to anambra from my area
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 15, 2021
This is so funny. I know someone who uses empty account to get loan. Some people are evil sha. Help some Nigerians and see how they'll take you for granted.

6 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by NofiuFade(m): 3:47pm On Oct 15, 2021
grin if not for the poor state of our economy, and na workers they suffer this thing pass, make I read the article first

Last last we go scatter this con3 ni grin

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Sagefromtheeast: 3:48pm On Oct 15, 2021
They were so reckless and foolish in their disbursement.

Very foolish

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:48pm On Oct 15, 2021
Lol at "go gangster". it seems these loan guys ain't playing anymore.

any loan defaulter will be dealt with in a gangster manner
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Justseyii: 3:51pm On Oct 15, 2021
If someone is owing to a loan, request the account be flagged. Stop texting other people about their loans

2 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by FindX(m): 3:51pm On Oct 15, 2021
Shellsploit:
Business is business...
meanwhile, i show this guys shege back then!!!

N56,000

Nah him be shege??
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Tomahawk99(m): 3:51pm On Oct 15, 2021
Simdyofficial:
talking rubbish bro.. If everybody behave like that. How will the loan company pay there staffs and also continue business.. Make we dey reason other people too. Imagine say you get shop and people dey buy on credit and no gree pay.. If you meet one for market,you no go ask am immediately abi?
Na you dey talk rubbish. Okash, Branch, Cabon, Alat etc no dey harass the person not to talk of involving the person's contacts.
Like he said there are better ways of loan recovery, you have to be a tout to support such mode of doing business. If person dey owe you there are legal ways to go about it, ask sokoloan how far dem bill them 10 million naira for that bullshit, next one na to close the app.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Bigchristo: 3:52pm On Oct 15, 2021
robosky02:

https://nairametrics.com/2021/10/15/loan-apps-go-gangster-send-shame-messages-to-close-contacts-of-loan
That’s how they sent me a message that one of my friend is owing them, those guys are very stupid why sending messages to their close friends instead of confronting the person that’s owing?
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by UselessBuhari: 3:54pm On Oct 15, 2021
robosky02:

In the voice the warri little girl

"No be sa I no ho pay, them for just flog than to send her home "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPq4_DXcX5U

Like seriously, there are better ways to recover loans than shame, abuse and tarnish the image of their clients
List the better ways please

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Chuksmonika(m): 3:55pm On Oct 15, 2021
Stay away from Sokoloan, Kash Kash, Lcredit, and one other loan app( I can't recall the name now) if you have dignity to protect.

If you must borrow, take from Palmcredit, fair money, Branch and Carbon. These four apps will never send messages to your contacts if you default. Rather, they will embarrass you with calls every now and then urging you to pay up. They won't involve your contacts.

Haven said this, don't rush and collect money and refuse to pay up thinking they give free money oo. He who borrows MUST pay.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
MITCHELL96:
Loan no good oo, Avoid it!! grin grin grin grin

I shaa remember one of my guy that collected 25k from one loan app, BRANCH by name, till today he never paid them back, they disturbed him for months and later gave up grin grin chai!! Basil, You get mind grin grin
That's evil, why take something that you can't pay back? this is why I don't blame those aggressive loan sharks anymore, most Nigerians are just too heartless.

Do not do unto others what you do not want others to do unto you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by jaxxy(m): 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
They need to calm down and rather work on better time frames for their loans. Many people want to pay bt aren’t finding it easy.

The economy is so toxic for many it takes help from friends to keep them sane and sound. Let these loan coy have some human consideration.

10 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Reddington(m): 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
By miles the most hilarious news article I've read today! grin grin
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by dingbang(m): 3:59pm On Oct 15, 2021
The debtors and creditors are all mad.
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 15, 2021
Simdyofficial:
Anybody owing should pay.. Very simple.. This is business..
And defaulters should not be shamed. Other means of retrieving the money should be resorted to and not by defaming the person. I know of someone who lost his job because of the embarrassing messages sent to their contacts and on this reason was sacked by his boss at work.

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Felabrity: 3:59pm On Oct 15, 2021
Only in Nigeria
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by RickieNas(m): 4:01pm On Oct 15, 2021
robosky02:
Why can't they try locating the client for recovery first
Imagine a Fintech company in Lagos and the customer collected the loan is in the north, how would such company get back their loans.

The funniest part is that the Chinese are mounting so much pressure on Nigerians to retrieve their money or else you'd be shown the exit door in 1 wks after employment.

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by capricornlady: 4:01pm On Oct 15, 2021
I've received about 2 WhatsApp messages and phone calls from this people, very uncultured people cheesy cheesy . The funniest part is that i don't even remember the names of people they said are owing them; so why reach out to me?? I don't blame them , i blame people collecting loans and refusing to pay at the appropriate time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by ziondaughter247: 4:01pm On Oct 15, 2021
The truth is that the average Nigerian is fraudulent. If they don't do this, many of them will not pay up their loan! They thought they had chopped mugu and cleaned mouth. Typical Nigerian behaviour

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by abbey621(m): 4:03pm On Oct 15, 2021
eniolaamos7:

And defaulters should not be shamed. Other means of retrieving the money should be resorted to and not by defaming the person. I know of someone who lost his job because of the embarrassing messages sent to their contacts and on this reason was sacked by his boss at work.

If you fail to pay your debts, they can use any and all legal means to recover the debts including calling family members and friends. It is not a crime and Nigerian law does not give protection against such things. Even in the USA, they will call and expose you including damaging your credit profile leaving you unable to get a loan in the future from anywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2021
Can they lend me just 10million pere??

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2021
Zoo Nigeria with zoo fin tech nobody is acting all na mumu country don tire people talkmore of Almighty God undecided undecided
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by SavageResponse(m): 4:05pm On Oct 15, 2021
robosky02:
Why can't they try locating the client for recovery first

Are you the only client they have?

Why should they spend time to look for you to come and repay a loan you took?

It's because of Nigerian's poor attitude to loan repayment that makes it difficult to obtain credit in this country angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by abbey621(m): 4:06pm On Oct 15, 2021
jaxxy:
They need to calm down and rather work on better time frames for their loans. Many people want to pay bt aren’t finding it easy.

The economy is so toxic for many it takes help from friends to keep them sane and sound. Let these loan coy have some human consideration.

That's no excuse, if you sign a loan contract and you default, they have every right to pursue you even to hell and back. I'm surrpirsed they have not started arresting people, a competent lawyer can tie it down to fraud as most Nigerians never truly had any intention of paying it back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Odidigboigbo(m): 4:06pm On Oct 15, 2021
9cash is the worst of them all. They have been calling and messaging over a month now about one of my former colleague that is owning them. The disturbance was too much, I have to block their line, they still use different line to message me this morning on the same issue. The colleague self, I don't even have his contact again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by nedekid: 4:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
Simdyofficial:
Anybody owing should pay.. Very simple.. This is business..
Well said!!
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by airsaylongcome: 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2021
Pure breach of privacy. NITDA should come down hard on Soko loan. The ediots have migrated to WhatsApp with their uncouth staff

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by obembet(f): 4:10pm On Oct 15, 2021
EXLOVER:
Some people take loan with the plans of not paying back, some will even wish you death, so that the loan will die too.

5 years ago a girl collected loan from me to pay her fees, the babe owe me for a year and 2 months, i later collected sex and 10k from her

How much u borrow her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Otedola Visits Dangote's Fertilizer Plant (Photos, Video) / Terry Waya Celebrate His Birthday In His Mansion (Photos) / When Femi Otedola Was The Largest Owner Of Oil Tankers In Africa (Throwback Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.