Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters (77353 Views)

'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters / Emefiele: CBN Will Seize Private Jets Belonging To Loan Defaulters / CBN Grants Banks’ Approval To Debit Loan Defaulters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by lekkys: 5:15pm On Oct 15, 2021
Good
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Yoighaman(m): 5:15pm On Oct 15, 2021
chrisifeanyi:
Thunder fire all of una supporting these lunatics called loan app. With the exception of carbon, branch, fairmoney and quickcheck, don't pay any other useless loan app. Use their money carry olosho. They are wicked. You gave 7 days loan that starts counting from that day you took the loan so is 6 days. Interest is over 50% and after the 4 day you will start calling the person to pay so he can be upgraded which is lies. They lied to Google that their loan is 90-180 days,check their approval document.
They have stupid staff. Don't pay them shishi. I don't know the physical office of Sokoloan I would have gone there to comot their teeth expecially one idiot called Isaac and one useless lady that threatens people. They will die a shameful death. Give me address of sokoloan and isaacc and Co will be toothless.

Bros Tyson Fury, they didn't force anybody to take a loan. It's a choice and if you are not comfortable with their terms and conditions, take a long walk. Nor be by force.

It's actually a crime to willingly take a loan and deliberately refuse to repay. Such a person should be jailed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Simdyofficial(f): 5:15pm On Oct 15, 2021
effort1:

Because I don't want to operate an illegitimate business like your useless loan company
go sleep. I don't run any.. This is why banks don't like giving out loans to zombies like you who don't appreciate but wants to spoil another man's business..

2 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by collinometricx: 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2021
abbey621:

It's not their fault, someone you know used your information when collecting a loan. You should take the issue up with the person that collected the loan including possibly having them arrested, God forbid they might use your information for something much worse. Loan companies are just trying to recover their own money and unfortunately Nigeria does not have a "do not call list".

Tbh, the 4 persons I have been contacted about, I don't know them..
Funniest part is, the companies just go to these pple's contact and message all
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by collinometricx: 5:18pm On Oct 15, 2021
effort1:

No wonder. Illegal activity

Yeah, if they can do anything, with customers bvn with, they won't bother contacting all your contacts..
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by abbey621(m): 5:19pm On Oct 15, 2021
collinometricx:

Tbh, the 4 persons I have been contacted about, I don't know them..
Funniest part is, the companies just go to these pple's contact and message all

Think about it, how did they get the contact? You must surely have interacted or associated with these people in the past. Something is linking you to them, check your social media history, your work/personal relationships, these people are not magicians!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by NaijaOlosho(f): 5:19pm On Oct 15, 2021
They even send messages on WHATSAPP now
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by chrisifeanyi: 5:19pm On Oct 15, 2021
Yoighaman:

Bros Tyson Fury, they didn't force anybody to take a loan. It's a choice and if you are not comfortable with their terms and conditions, take a long walk. Nor be by force.

It's actually a crime to willingly take a loan and deliberately refuse to repay. Such a person should be jailed.

You are a f00l. I know you work for those stupid loan sharks. Is a crime to send defamatory messages about someone to his contacts. You can be hanged for that. Nigerians are wiser now. They don't take such message serious. If they born una well start arresting defaulters of your evil loan. Do you even have physical address? Nigerians are preparing to revolt massively against you loan sharks. You don't know what awaits you and your Co idiots. I heard you guys are going bankruptcy now. Una never see anything. F00ls

4 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by bolabiyi: 5:22pm On Oct 15, 2021
abbey621:

It's not their fault, someone you know used your information when collecting a loan. You should take the issue up with the person that collected the loan including possibly having them arrested, God forbid they might use your information for something much worse. Loan companies are just trying to recover their own money and unfortunately Nigeria does not have a "do not call list".
don't b stupid or better still, refrain from been stupid...it's the loan apps that access those contacts and not the debtor giving the info....I like when people talk with the right understanding...

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Valuc: 5:22pm On Oct 15, 2021
Wots paining is, the money you borrowed in secret o... There was a day one called me to ask me to ask a friend to repay his loan.. I asked the bastard if they informed me when the person want3d to borrow ..

3 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by chrisifeanyi: 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2021
Simdyofficial:
go sleep. I don't run any.. This is why banks don't like giving out loans to zombies like you who don't appreciate but wants to spoil another man's business..

Which stupid app do you represent? Let me move people there to borrow and never pay back so you will lose your job you lunatic. You are part of evil people blackmailing fellow Nigerians. A family man nearly killed himself because he borrowed from you fools and pleaded for just a day cos his salary was delayed. Next thing you messaged his xknag ta with so much terrible message. He got his salary the next day and I encouraged him not to pay again. See how foolish you people are. Ogun will kill all of una

2 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by PastorFire: 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

You can't blame the Loan Sharks

Because Nigerians see credit facilities as Miracle Money or Sara money.

Instead of making small payments in a timely manner. Somebody owing SOKOLOAN N100,00p will still be eating Indomie Super Pack with 4 boiled eggs, like a food monster.

Infact the Loan sharks should use Geo-location tools to locate debtors and use koboko to flog sense into them.

There is nothing like free money!
Are you one of them working for Chinese who takes advantage of the hardship in the land to exploit our people?.
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by apparentlylaw(m): 5:27pm On Oct 15, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:

Kindly advice him to go and pay the loan except he is not interested in building an empire that might involve seeking credit facility later in future.
Those loan sharks do not use the credit bureau that's why they go all out defaming customers, Branch and others that uses the bureau need not shame you, whenever you need a serious facility locally or even a foreign financial house, they will contact the bureau and will know if you are credit worthy.
I recently applied for a loan from a micro finance bank, while still talking to the guy about it, no form filled yet, just chatting, the guy knows just my name and phone number, he mentioned that I took a loan from Branch (about 3yrs ago), I was surprised and I told him yes but I paid already in due time, he said he knows, he was just informing me.
There is also a story here(NL) about a guy that wanted to collect huge facility from a bank, but it was discovered that he owed ₦10k or so to a financial institution, seems he even forgot ever owing such again since there is a change in status, he had to pay the debt to access the facility he is seeking for his business.
@op, NITDA should investigate without having to wait for individual complaint, it can be done under public interest, so they have no excuse except they are getting something from it

Branch …Fairmoney …Carbon Okash and Palm credit are licensed….Others no go get shi shi …Some yahoo boys even build apps and publish on play store just to have access to your account (Card details)

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by MITCHELL96: 5:27pm On Oct 15, 2021
Naughtysex:
So you believe they gave up?
I laughed in Chinese
The day your friend will have something to do with international transaction will be the day he will receive the shock of his life

What i'm saying is that his full details (through his BVN) is blacklisted
If you doubt me, tell him to go to his bank and ask them to check his BVN in blacklist

Lol, I never knew oo, I thought as they stopped texting him, the matter don die be that
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Yoighaman(m): 5:28pm On Oct 15, 2021
chrisifeanyi:

You are a f00l. I know you work for those stupid loan sharks. Is a crime to send defamatory messages about someone to his contacts. You can be hanged for that. Nigerians are wiser now. They don't take such message serious. If they born una well start arresting defaulters of your evil loan. Do you even have physical address? Nigerians are preparing to revolt massively against you loan sharks. You don't know what awaits you and your Co idiots. I heard you guys are going bankruptcy now. Una never see anything. F00ls

Bros, why you dey para?

Who told you I am a loan shark?

Let us put out the right behavior and we would be better as a people.

Why should any sane person take a loan without any intention to repay? That's criminal.

I can understand people who lost their means of livelihood, but for the criminals you support, that your thunder will locate them first.

Na people like you dey support Hush Puppi and his likes.

So no to criminality bro.
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by MITCHELL96: 5:28pm On Oct 15, 2021
Naughtysex:
So you believe they gave up?
I laughed in Chinese
The day your friend will have something to do with international transaction will be the day he will receive the shock of his life

What i'm saying is that his full details (through his BVN) is blacklisted
If you doubt me, tell him to go to his bank and ask them to check his BVN in blacklist

Lol, I never knew oo, I thought as they stopped texting him, the matter don die be that
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by PastorFire: 5:31pm On Oct 15, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
9cash is the worst of them all. They have been calling and messaging over a month now about one of my former colleague that is owning them. The disturbance was too much, I have to block their line, they still use different line to message me this morning on the same issue. The colleague self, I don't even have his contact again.
I have compiled my petition against 9ja Cash. I have paid. But they either return my dignity or be ready for me.
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by MITCHELL96: 5:31pm On Oct 15, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
That's evil, why take something that you can't pay back? this is why I don't blame those aggressive loan sharks anymore, most Nigerians are just too heartless.

Do not do unto others what you do not want others to do unto you.

That baffles me alot bro, the thing is that he has more than enough to pay them, basil is worth more than 6 million naira today, he just doesn't want to pay them, don't know why.. undecided
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by collinometricx: 5:32pm On Oct 15, 2021
abbey621:

Think about it, how did they get the contact? You must surely have interacted or associated with these people in the past. Something is linking you to them, check your social media history, your work/personal relationships, these people are not magicians!

When I chatted one of them, he said he got my number from a WhatsApp contact gain in not even aware of..
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by MITCHELL96: 5:33pm On Oct 15, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:

Kindly advice him to go and pay the loan except he is not interested in building an empire that might involve seeking credit facility later in future.
Those loan sharks do not use the credit bureau that's why they go all out defaming customers, Branch and others that uses the bureau need not shame you, whenever you need a serious facility locally or even a foreign financial house, they will contact the bureau and will know if you are credit worthy.
I recently applied for a loan from a micro finance bank, while still talking to the guy about it, no form filled yet, just chatting, the guy knows just my name and phone number, he mentioned that I took a loan from Branch (about 3yrs ago), I was surprised and I told him yes but I paid already in due time, he said he knows, he was just informing me.
There is also a story here(NL) about a guy that wanted to collect huge facility from a bank, but it was discovered that he owed ₦10k or so to a financial institution, seems he even forgot ever owing such again since there is a change in status, he had to pay the debt to access the facility he is seeking for his business.
@op, NITDA should investigate without having to wait for individual complaint, it can be done under public interest, so they have no excuse except they are getting something from it

I think he doesn't wanna pay it, he's worth more than 6 million today, I wish he could see what you just typed here.
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Simdyofficial(f): 5:34pm On Oct 15, 2021
chrisifeanyi:

Which stupid app do you represent? Let me move people there to borrow and never pay back so you will lose your job you lunatic. You are part of evil people blackmailing fellow Nigerians. A family man nearly killed himself because he borrowed from you fools and pleaded for just a day cos his salary was delayed. Next thing you messaged his xknag ta with so much terrible message. He got his salary the next day and I encouraged him not to pay again. See how foolish you people are. Ogun will kill all of una
so because I am telling you to pay your debt now means I work with one. Lol. Your brain is porous.. Why go for what you ain't sure of? Same way you will protect your business,same way this companies will keep doing there own.. Your excuse is rubbish, everyone keeps bringing stupid excuses.. Some go even blame Satan.lol. business is business. Go and pay uncle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by PastorFire: 5:34pm On Oct 15, 2021
einsteine:
You cannot lend money at such high interest rate and such short tenor and not expect default. Also, their staff salaries are linked to the loan recovery so many of those staff go overboard in trying to extract payment. Anybody so slandered should not pay the loan back, that way they would soon understand that shaming is not a loan recovery method. It's not as if they would undo the social damage after you pay back.
God bless you. They shamed me a week ago for a loan of 10k which i already paid half of it. I told the idiot to wait until i close from work but he went ahead.
I have paid them in full. But i will personally submit my petition against 9ja cash to NITDA next week in Abuja.
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by chrisifeanyi: 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2021
Yoighaman:

Bros, why you dey para?

Who told you I am a loan shark?

Let us put out the right behavior and we would be better as a people.

Why should any sane person take a loan without an intention to repay? That's criminal.

I can understand people who lost their means of livelihood, but for the criminals you support, that your thunder will locate them first.

Na people like you dey support Hush Puppi and his likes.

So no to criminality bro.

Who told you they don't have intention to pay?
Someone took a loan and expects salary on 30th and it didn't come. In Nigeria salary of most jobs doesn't have fix date except banks and some private firms. So the person pleaded with the loan shark to exercise patience and also know that overdue fee is being added which the defaulter will pay, yet the loan shark still went ahead to message contacts as if contacts will pay him. Who does that? Anybody taking loan has intention to pay but if they couldn't pay when is due, call them and know why. Not texting contacts. Is defamation so stop it.

2 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by poweredcom(m): 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2021
Na so one message my whatapp line of someone I don't even know or have not met in my life
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by ejimatic: 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2021
robosky02:

https://nairametrics.com/2021/10/15/loan-apps-go-gangster-send-shame-messages-to-close-contacts-of-loan
. If you owe pay no excuse ! At the beginning permission will be requested to access yiur contact if you agree all on the list will be contacted to know you have defaulted.Disatissfied with this condition don't go for the loan .
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by abbey621(m): 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2021
bolabiyi:
don't b stupid or better still, refrain from been stupid...it's the loan apps that access those contacts and not the debtor giving the info....I like when people talk with the right understanding...

Anyone that starts a conversation the way you just started one is an idiot! Forget public forum, if madness dey worry you, kindly display it elesewhere!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by chrisifeanyi: 5:40pm On Oct 15, 2021
Simdyofficial:
so because I am telling you to pay your debt now means I work with one. Lol. Your brain is porous.. Why go for what you ain't sure of? Same way you will protect your business,same way this companies will keep doing there own.. Your excuse is rubbish, everyone keeps bringing stupid excuses.. Some go even blame Satan.lol. business is business. Go and pay uncle

You guys are sinking so deep. Bankruptcy awaits you all. I heard thousands are owing loan apps and is already a bad debt. You will lose your job and the peanut they pay you to defame people.

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by abbey621(m): 5:40pm On Oct 15, 2021
collinometricx:

When I chatted one of them, he said he got my number from a WhatsApp contact gain in not even aware of..

Exactly, these people will use public information linked to you, you must have either joined a whatsapp group or someone you know gave them your number. In whatsapp groups all numbers are visible so they could have been monitoring you for weeks or months.
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Damidave1124(m): 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2021
Chisave:

But if I may ask you. If that same girl wants to borrow from you or someone close to you tomorrow, will you give her or accent to it
Never bro
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Simdyofficial(f): 5:42pm On Oct 15, 2021
chrisifeanyi:

You guys are sinking so deep. Bankruptcy awaits you all. I heard thousands are owing loan apps and is already a bad debt. You will lose your job and the peanut they pay you to defame people.
lol. Same way your business will be ruined by debtors abi
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Nmezor(f): 5:44pm On Oct 15, 2021
Very annoying ppl...A friend of mine took a loan of 5k, told them as a salary earner she would pay bk month ending...Na so these ppl begin tarnish her image...I got a message from them in which she was tagged a fraudster..Later a message on Whatz app too. I just blocked the number immediately, what rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by effort1: 5:44pm On Oct 15, 2021
Simdyofficial:

What you are too dumb to realise is that there are many other lending apps in Nigeria that are duly registered with the government and can block funds entering into your account if you don't pay up.

Some will even ask you to register 2 or 3 of your friends and family members that can be called in case you don't pay up. They will call the People you register before giving you the loan to be sure everyone is on the same page.

These ones will never stoop so low to be contacting innocent people that never knew when the transaction took place.

You are a full time Ọ̀dẹ̀ Òpònú.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Otedola Visits Dangote's Fertilizer Plant (Photos, Video) / Terry Waya Celebrate His Birthday In His Mansion (Photos) / When Femi Otedola Was The Largest Owner Of Oil Tankers In Africa (Throwback Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.