Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters (77269 Views)

'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters / Emefiele: CBN Will Seize Private Jets Belonging To Loan Defaulters / CBN Grants Banks’ Approval To Debit Loan Defaulters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Hassanmaye(m): 4:50pm On Oct 15, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

You can't blame the Loan Sharks

Because Nigerians see credit facilities as Miracle Money or Sara money.

Instead of making small payments in a timely manner. Somebody owing SOKOLOAN N100,00p will still be eating Indomie Super Pack with 4 boiled eggs, like a food monster.

Infact the Loan sharks should use Geo-location tools to locate debtors and use koboko to flog sense into them.

There is nothing like free money!
There is nothing like free money so even those shouting there are apps that you can get small token money is a scam?
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Semaj77(m): 4:51pm On Oct 15, 2021
robosky02:

https://nairametrics.com/2021/10/15/loan-apps-go-gangster-send-shame-messages-to-close-contacts-of-loan

I don't support people collecting loans and not paying back but the loan companies should verify guarantors before giving out a loan , if a client submits a guarantors number they should notify the said guarantor before giving out the loan. I got a call from one of the loan companies that a friend of mine borrowed money and hasn't paid and that they would send the police after both of us , a loan I know nothing about , the guy didn't even tell me he was collecting a loan and that he would use me as a guarantor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by effort1: 4:51pm On Oct 15, 2021
Simdyofficial:
onigbese go and pay your debt. Stop making noise

I expected you to respond like this when you know you have been defeated.

That's how people with dead sawdust brain respond.

Òpònú
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by apparentlylaw(m): 4:52pm On Oct 15, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Instead of making small payments in a timely manner. Somebody owing SOKOLOAN N100,00p will still be eating Indomie Super Pack with 4 boiled eggs, like a food monster.

Infact the Loan sharks should use Geo-location tools to locate debtors and use koboko to flog sense into them.

They go collect beating tire
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 4:52pm On Oct 15, 2021
If not for the shitty legal system in Nigeria. A Class-Action lawsuit will make these shitty fintech companies to vomit Billions in dollars as an unforgettable lesson for invading people's privacy.

I don't care whatever excuse these companies are giving. I was extremely insulted when they sent me a shaming message on someone who's like a junior brother to me. The guy lost his phone, reported to me and just within 1 week, I was getting stupid messages about him from SOKOLOAN, as those who found the phone most likely used it to obtain loan, It doesn't make sense to me the possibility though. How could they make loan facilities that easy without collateral or any control measure? All you probably need is someone's SIM card. I called the number that sent me the message and really lambasted them. Nonsense. Imagine how many people, whose images they've tarnished?

3 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by luizpippo(m): 4:54pm On Oct 15, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Simdyofficial(f): 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2021
effort1:

I expected you to respond like this when you know you have been defeated.

That's how people with dead sawdust brain respond.

Òpònú
don't go and pay the loan you are owing. Ripper oshi..
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Oysters(m): 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2021
The new strategy is to disburse whatever amount they like into your account without your consent and without them showing you the interest rate. Then later they'll call you that you're owing them grin

These fraudulent organisations have to be destroyed

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by effort1: 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
Simdyofficial:
don't go and pay the loan you are owing. Ripper oshi..

When people react with emotion, their brains go on break.

That's what is happening to you. You are influenced by stupid emotion and that causes your brain to go on a break. Don't you notice how dumb you sound?
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by InvertedHammer: 4:57pm On Oct 15, 2021
/
So how do they recover money from chronic and shameless debtors because these tactics won’t work?

/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by effort1: 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/
So how do they recover money from chronic and shameless debtors because these tactics won’t work?

/

Go to court or report to EFCC with the BVN of the debtor
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Simdyofficial(f): 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2021
effort1:

When people react with emotion, their brains go on break.

That's what is happening to you. You are indeed with stupid emotion and that causes your brain to go on a break. Don't you notice how dumb you sound?
be crying o.. Don't pay.. grin until they msg your forefathers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Oyerinde16(m): 4:59pm On Oct 15, 2021
Damidave1124:
I received two messages from them last month, claiming one of my female friend is a fraudster on the run, called her to confirm, she said I should forget them, that she doesn't have their time now. grin

My question now is what if they refuse to pay them, what will happen?

Na dem de kill these fintech companies
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by collinometricx: 5:00pm On Oct 15, 2021
Pegi23:
it isn't but I think bank should be the safest place to collect loan or from families and friends

Major reason I no de too blame pple not paying back..
This pple are thieves in disguise of loans
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by effort1: 5:01pm On Oct 15, 2021
Simdyofficial:
be crying o.. Don't pay.. grin until they msg your forefathers

You sound as empty headed as those guys sending messages to contacts of debtors. Are you one of them? Is that why you sound like a rabid dog?
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by EDOLUWA: 5:01pm On Oct 15, 2021
It's plainly an illegal means of recovering debt and the article has really enlightened people now.

Meanwhile it's good to avoid debt from these credit companies that are reputable for illegal recovery of debt.

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Simdyofficial(f): 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2021
effort1:

criminal.. See your life.. When they you were filling the form for loan ,efcc followed you abi. Ole

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by collinometricx: 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2021
abbey621:

I have no business with fintech, I am talking about loans in general. If you signed for a loan, you are usually vetted or verified using certain information including point of contacts/references. They use this in case they can't reach you later on, it is standard so I don't understand how you can claim it is illegal or inappopriate!

Wasn't talking about bank loans, was referring to this trash loan sharks, those idiot have messaged Mr more than 4 times for loans I know noting or they gave the money to.
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Myhusband(m): 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2021
a friend was a victim even though you won't really blame this loan apps but blackmailing their customers is height of wickedness

if I borrow and couldn't meet up with the date agreed, I'll just go to my social media to shame myself before you shame me. I borrow money from so so app and I defaulted but I never abscond so ignore any blackmailing texts you might get from them, I'm on the progress of repaying it back

defaulters should always try to pay on time but if means failed shame yourself before they shame you so that you won't die of depression

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by collinometricx: 5:03pm On Oct 15, 2021
effort1:

They are not registered..

They can't do shit
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by effort1: 5:03pm On Oct 15, 2021
Simdyofficial:
criminal.. See your life.. When they you were filling the form for loan ,efcc followed you abi. Ole

And when they were filling the forms, did they fill the names of the People your stupid loan Company send messages to?
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by effort1: 5:04pm On Oct 15, 2021
collinometricx:

They are not registered..

They can't do shit

No wonder. Illegal activity
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Yoighaman(m): 5:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
If you don't like embarrassment, pay whatever you owe, it is that simple.

You think I'd take it lightly if I'm the owner of one of the loan FINTECH companies?

I will chase you to your hole until you repay.

I granted you a loan based on trust, it's time to repay, you are now running to one government agency. You must be a clown.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by azikiweironsi(m): 5:08pm On Oct 15, 2021
Oldmansense:
To avoid been embarrassed, after taking your loan, go.to app.settings under settings. Select app setting a den look for app permissions and remove all permission assigned to the loan app. From that moment they will.notnbt able to.access your contact list to get your friends number. Or possibly delete the loan app from your phone after borrowing. I be proud Nigerian

grin grin grin Baddest
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by chrisifeanyi: 5:08pm On Oct 15, 2021
Thunder fire all of una supporting these lunatics called loan app. With the exception of carbon, branch, fairmoney and quickcheck, don't pay any other useless loan app. Use their money carry olosho. They are wicked. You gave 7 days loan that starts counting from that day you took the loan so is 6 days. Interest is over 50% and after the 4 day you will start calling the person to pay so he can be upgraded which is lies. They lied to Google that their loan is 90-180 days,check their approval document.
They have stupid staff. Don't pay them shishi. I don't know the physical office of Sokoloan I would have gone there to comot their teeth expecially one idiot called Isaac and one useless lady that threatens people. They will die a shameful death. Give me address of sokoloan and isaacc and Co will be toothless.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by BLIZZARDCON: 5:09pm On Oct 15, 2021
The idiots don't know that they are invading people's privacy by harassing third parties with unsolicited calls.

They are the ones who would be making noise about rights.

Hope they even have license to operate as loan sharks
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Simdyofficial(f): 5:09pm On Oct 15, 2021
effort1:

And when they were filling the forms, did they fill the names of the People your stupid loan Company send messages to?
why not open one and start going to court..
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by abbey621(m): 5:10pm On Oct 15, 2021
collinometricx:

Wasn't talking about bank loans, was referring to this trash loan sharks, those idiot have messaged Mr more than 4 times for loans I know noting or they gave the money to.

It's not their fault, someone you know used your information when collecting a loan. You should take the issue up with the person that collected the loan including possibly having them arrested, God forbid they might use your information for something much worse. Loan companies are just trying to recover their own money and unfortunately Nigeria does not have a "do not call list".

2 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by effort1: 5:11pm On Oct 15, 2021
Simdyofficial:
why not open one and start going to court..

Because I don't want to operate an illegitimate business like your useless loan company

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by SALIMAN(m): 5:11pm On Oct 15, 2021
Rsome funny names on truecaller like

"BolaLcredit"
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by Mrbenny001: 5:12pm On Oct 15, 2021
Those loan app are very stupid..how can you base your customer credibility on only their phone contacts.. anybody can store fake contacts and use it to take loan...no one take those messages serious anymore..
AkalaJ:
It's a drastic tactic to employ to get back borrowed money, but then again many Nigerians don't I tend to pay back money they borrowed. Na those loan app people fit their kind.
Re: Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters by chrisifeanyi: 5:13pm On Oct 15, 2021
If you want to take their loan, use a phone with no contact, download contact generator and generator fake contacts, obtain your loan and let them text those contacts. How can you give loan with such interest and expect people to pay? They capitalise on Nigeria economy to embarras people. F00ls

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro / Terry Waya Celebrate His Birthday In His Mansion (Photos) / Otedola Visits Dangote's Fertilizer Plant (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.