Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

My Close Encounter With 419 Men - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Close Encounter With 419 Men (31171 Views)

My Close Friend Was Butchered / Police Burst Lagos 419 Syndicate’s Shrine In Osogbo (pics) / My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Close Encounter With 419 Men by pocohantas(f): 1:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
I have a bag of money, foreign currency…”

I was somewhere on the mainland today and I was supposed to take a bike, but decided to trek and buy some petty things along the way.

As I got to one bad and deserted part of the long road, this bike pulled up to me and the driver asked me in my native language “Sis, do you know where Unity hospital is?” Honestly, the fact that he spoke my language made me drop my guard. How he got to know we are same tribe is what I don’t know, considering they came from behind me. I told him I don’t know where that is, I don’t live here, but he can ask the shops around.

Next thing he starts shouting at the passenger. “Get down from my bike. Pay me my money and get down”. I was totally embarrassed for the passenger.

Passenger: I have told you I will pay you, I have a bag of money. (Brings out wallet) I just need to get to my sister at Unity hospital. There is plenty foreign currency in the bag.

Immediately the experiences of Nairalanders begin to play in my head. THIS IS IT. THIS IS THEM. Foreign currency and bags of money people. I was still looking at them. Maybe I am just being paranoid…maybe it is a coincidence.

The passenger comes down and makes a move towards me “My name is Collins. I don’t want to beg you for money. I am coming from Cotonou, but I have a bag of money…” He stretches out his hand to touch me.

Then I knew who I was faced with. I shouted “DON’T COME CLOSE TO ME.”

I screamed so loudly that the people passing by turned. The passenger quickly hops on the bike and they speed off.

Two women ran to me asking what happened. I explained to them. Some bike men joined. They told me they must have trailed me from the major junction. I look out of place here and should have taken a bike as instructed. One of the bike men said they defrauded one woman a few days back and people in the area have been warned.

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I dey inside house now. Next time I won’t answer anybody.

It is almost Christmas, evil men and women are on the prowl. Let’s all be careful and not drop our guards no matter how they disguise.

224 Likes 21 Shares

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by TarOrfeeek: 1:12pm On Oct 15, 2021
Someone saying "Nne" to you.

And you know he speaks your language

Like if a one chance thief says "Omo".

I'll then conclude that he speaks Yoruba.

False generalisation.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by ExAngel007(f): 1:17pm On Oct 15, 2021
hahaha grin You are very lucky.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by pocohantas(f): 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

False generalisation.

Please keep quiet, you first-to-comment-politics-section-hoodlum. I said he asked me in Igbo. That should tell you I transcribed his question into English for the sake of non-Igbo readers. His question and my response were both in Igbo. Anything tribal, your antenna will just stand.

406 Likes 25 Shares

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by richmondefosa(m): 1:20pm On Oct 15, 2021
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by SportsHD: 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Fse generalisation.
Kialess Kapper. Bmc has ended, now you're jobless again.

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by pocohantas(f): 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2021
SportsHD:

Kialess Kapper. Bmc has ended, now you're jobless again.

Don’t mind him. I had nothing in mind, but he succeeded in doing what he knows how to do best. I have taken out that part.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Strika22(m): 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2021
Good, you didn't fall for their antics. The only time I was duped in Lagos, I was a teenager then. In hindsight, I shouldn't have been duped if I wasn't so receptive to them. They take advantage of language and religion to warm their way to their victim's heart.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 15, 2021
I had been a victim of this before in Festac in 2005. Was on my way to Jamb lesson when I met those hoodlums. They succeeded in collecting some money from me, around 3,000 Naira or so, in exchange to give me 50,000 dollars cheesy

I thank God sha because you will be hypnotized once you start responding to them.

Welcome to Lagos Pocohantas grin

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Octopusssy(f): 2:03pm On Oct 15, 2021
Very very old format. I'm amazed they're still using the format.

The last time I was in their middle, I told them I was married to a Ghanaian and didn't really know my way around Lagos. Meanwhile I was buying time, waiting for them to get as close as possible to my nearest bus stop because no way in God's green earth was I going to pay for this particular trip.

I smiled serenely while the fools jabbered away in excitement (they thought they don catch maga), occasionally nodding my head in agreement to the horse shït they were spewing. The recurrent motif in their antics is the bewildered French man who doesn't know he is supposed to pay for services with Naira, not USD, or the more common fleeing thief who has fled with his oga's box/bag of dollars. They are willing to give you a cut but you must go to one baba's house to swear an oath of secrecy.

As soon as I got to Ikeja Along, I hopped out of the vehicle James Bond style, spread my two hands at them and shrieked waka!! The driver asked me for fare and I screamed "All of una dey craze. 419!!" I then proceeded to quickly cross the expressway like a seasoned NURTW thug and went on my merry way.

Hediots. Them wan scam Omo Eko. Their very fathers angry

273 Likes 29 Shares

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
Maga fall... Guy man chop grin

Nah God save you say you no turn maga

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Kondomatic(m): 3:11pm On Oct 15, 2021
I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I dey inside house now.
Like this bah?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by iamyemiakins(m): 3:12pm On Oct 15, 2021
Lagos 419ers and their antics, they are new every morning grin

Tinubu sef!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 15, 2021
Octopusssy:

The last time I was in their middle, I told them I was married to a Ghanaian and didn't really know my way around Lagos. Meanwhile I was buying time, waiting for them to get as close as possible to my nearest bus stop because no way in God's green earth was I going to pay for this particular trip.

I smiled serenely while the fools jabbered away in excitement (they thought they don catch maga), occasionally nodding my head in agreement to the horse shït they were spewing. The recurrent motif in their antics is the bewildered French man who doesn't know he is supposed to pay for services with Naira, not USD, or the more common fleeing thief who has fled with his oga's box/bag of dollars. They are willing to give you a cut but you must go to one baba's house to swear an oath of secrecy.

As soon as I got to Ikeja Along, I hopped out of the vehicle James Bond style, gave spread my two hands at them and shrieked waka!! The driver asked me for fare and I screamed "All of una dey craze. 419!!" I then proceeded to quickly cross the expressway like a seasoned NURTW thug and went on my merry way.

Hediots. Them wan scammer Omo Eko. Their very fathers angry
grin

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by cococandy(f): 3:21pm On Oct 15, 2021
The scammers got scammed grin
Octopusssy:

As soon as I got to Ikeja Along, I hopped out of the vehicle James Bond style, gave spread my two hands at them and shrieked waka!! The driver asked me for fare and I screamed "All of una dey craze. 419!!" I then proceeded to quickly cross the expressway like a seasoned NURTW thug and went on my merry way.

Hediots. Them wan scammer Omo Eko. Their very fathers angry

4 Likes

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by floss(m): 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by obembet(f): 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2021
M

1 Like

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by ThugCheetah(m): 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
Hahaha grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Shellsploit: 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
ok

1 Like

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Romanoff(f): 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
Na old format be this now.

In Abuja, if you ask them to drop you, they will park and drop you jejely.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
Back in 2008 or 09 there about, they got my sister. Shit wasn't funny

She was hypnotized, she came home looking stress & anxious went to where my mom hides her money (which no one in the house knew about). She took the money and Japa!!

She later came back crying saying she couldn't stop herself and they were the ones who told her where the money is!!

OP, you are lucky.. thanks to God. Hope you will be dropping a new cooking tutorial soon to celebrate!!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Amspecial: 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
grin
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by noble71(m): 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
grin
This people are still using this old format?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Impregnable101: 4:57pm On Oct 15, 2021
So this kinda "wayo-rist" people still dey exist

Like driving a benz200 while that demn niggar guy and his fellow urchins are driving GLK shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by millionboi(m): 4:57pm On Oct 15, 2021
Tinubu is a thief

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Nonexisting1: 4:57pm On Oct 15, 2021
Story story story.

2 Likes

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by ATEAMS: 4:57pm On Oct 15, 2021
ABI
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Shellsploit: 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

False generalisation.

awosubulie!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by realstars: 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2021
Old way and analouge system fo 419 .. now 419 is digitallized.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Simeony007(m): 4:59pm On Oct 15, 2021
N
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by paskal16: 4:59pm On Oct 15, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

False generalisation.
ode

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills Soldier In Adamawa After Trying To Invade Their Base. Photo / Muslim Man Kills Wife(for reading bible) And Buries Daughters Alive / Civilian And Traffic Warden Fight In Ajegunle (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.