Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

My Close Encounter With 419 Men - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Close Encounter With 419 Men (31182 Views)

My Close Friend Was Butchered / Police Burst Lagos 419 Syndicate’s Shrine In Osogbo (pics) / My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Darkmode64: 10:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Someone saying "Nne" to you.

And you know he speaks your language

Like if a one chance thief says "Omo".

I'll then conclude that he speaks Yoruba.

False generalisation.
Accounts like yours on nairaland should be flagged and suspended. Unfortunately, mods won't do the needful. Just look at the horse sh*t you're spewing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Darkmode64: 10:10pm On Oct 15, 2021
Goalnaldo:
Your mouth ehn grin
She no dey slack walahi. grin grin grin
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by emperorshaokahn(m): 10:31pm On Oct 15, 2021
pocohantas:

My dear, just be happy for me. I actually wanted to push it, see where it is going to, but when he attempted to touch me, I freaked out. Gets me wondering, do they use jazz? Or is it greed on the part of the victim?

Lmao. I tire o.

Somewhere around Ikotun. Just be careful, they are everywhere this season. You’re welcome.
so na ikotun you day stay sef?,you go come day form one posh lekki girl here.anaway this shit happened to me too in the same ikotun,abaranje to be precise,the dude said he just imported some iphones frome benin republic but that some agberos sized them,bla bla bla.i nearly slap am that day.
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by arthurwillia(m): 10:37pm On Oct 15, 2021
Lol with your yam leg how e no go know
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by 2braithe: 10:54pm On Oct 15, 2021
fatymore:
lol

And you'll want me to buy bedsheet and duvet from you o.
Infact, I'm not buying again. tongue
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by 2braithe: 10:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
emperorshaokahn:
so na ikotun you day stay sef?,you go come day form one posh lekki girl here.anaway this shit happened to me too in the same ikotun,abaranje to be precise,the dude said he just imported some iphones frome benin republic but that some agberos sized them,bla bla bla.i nearly slap am that day.

She said it happened there.
She never specifically said she lives there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Itachi23: 11:37pm On Oct 15, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Someone saying "Nne" to you.

And you know he speaks your language

Like if a one chance thief says "Omo".

I'll then conclude that he speaks Yoruba.

False generalisation.

Ur mumu don to much

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Itachi23: 11:42pm On Oct 15, 2021
BKsoul:
You for kuku say we dey suffer elephantiasis.... ori e ti daru...

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 15, 2021
emdis:
They're kinda cute tho! abeg interpret the last sentence.
It means that your head is 'turninonitsown'....
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 15, 2021
[quote author=Itachi23 post=106773700][/quote]I will knock you oooh....
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Itachi23: 12:02am On Oct 16, 2021
BKsoul:
I will knock you oooh....

Knock am na!!!

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by FreeIgboho: 12:06am On Oct 16, 2021
zolajpower:

Before I opened this thread I knew a lady will be the OP grin
All those I knew that has falling victim of this rascals re all female because they love money

I know, right? And men just hate money

1 Like

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 16, 2021
Itachi23:

Knock am na!!!
Don't worry..... i will use the shell of your turtle to knock you...
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by FreeIgboho: 12:12am On Oct 16, 2021
Xhuntra:
Pocohantas is Mrs Linus mba. Very wack false story

How ya know?

*Oh I get it: Linus as in lie
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Rewawriters01: 5:27am On Oct 16, 2021
We spend 4 to 6 years in the university studying, only to come out to look for job and sometimes we don't get that job.

Even if we get the job, we are being underpaid.

Life in Nigeria now is very hard that even if you are being paid N100,000 you will still struggle to survive.

How many people even get paid such an amount.

For you to survive in Nigeria you need a high paying skill to solve high paying problems.

And copywriting is one of them.

Copywriting is using the power of the written words to start, enhance or extend a relationship in sales.

Everything you see around you today are product of copywriting.

Facebook ads, bill boards, Tv adverts Radio jingles, magazines, to mention a few.

With Copywriting you work with foreign clients and get paid in dollars.

Just imagine being paid a whooping $500 just to write a letter.

That is about N250,000, and you can do this in less than 24 hours.

But what if i tell you that you can become a copywriter in 3 months with the right training and dedication?

Would you like to tap from this ever growing industry?

I would be holding a 3 day free class in Copywriting and LinkedIn marketing starting on Monday 18th of Oct.2021.

Send a whatsapp message to this no. to join for free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by midolian(m): 6:02am On Oct 16, 2021
pocohantas:

Please keep quiet, you first-to-comment-politics-section-hoodlum. I said he asked me in Igbo. That should tell you I transcribed his question into English for the sake of non-Igbo readers. His question and my response were both in Igbo. Anything tribal, your antenna will just stand.
TarOrfeeek, you see your life?

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by iTearHerToto: 8:21am On Oct 16, 2021
Octopusssy:
Very very old format. I'm amazed they're still using the format.

The last time I was in their middle, I told them I was married to a Ghanaian and didn't really know my way around Lagos. Meanwhile I was buying time, waiting for them to get as close as possible to my nearest bus stop because no way in God's green earth was I going to pay for this particular trip.

I smiled serenely while the fools jabbered away in excitement (they thought they don catch maga), occasionally nodding my head in agreement to the horse shït they were spewing. The recurrent motif in their antics is the bewildered French man who doesn't know he is supposed to pay for services with Naira, not USD, or the more common fleeing thief who has fled with his oga's box/bag of dollars. They are willing to give you a cut but you must go to one baba's house to swear an oath of secrecy.

As soon as I got to Ikeja Along, I hopped out of the vehicle James Bond style, spread my two hands at them and shrieked waka!! The driver asked me for fare and I screamed "All of una dey craze. 419!!" I then proceeded to quickly cross the expressway like a seasoned NURTW thug and went on my merry way.

Hediots. Them wan scam Omo Eko. Their very fathers angry
Thay should thank their stars they didn't get swallowed in an octopuspussy
They should be grateful angry
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by cardoctor(m): 8:34am On Oct 16, 2021
You for just obtain dem
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by emdis: 10:00am On Oct 16, 2021
Lol see complement Koh insult
BKsoul:
It means that your head is 'turninonitsown'....
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by dokgen(m): 11:23am On Oct 16, 2021
Rewawriters01:
We spend 4 to 6 years in the university studying, only to come out to look for job and sometimes we don't get that job.

Even if we get the job, we are being underpaid.

Life in Nigeria now is very hard that even if you are being paid N100,000 you will still struggle to survive.

How many people even get paid such an amount.

For you to survive in Nigeria you need a high paying skill to solve high paying problems.

And copywriting is one of them.

Copywriting is using the power of the written words to start, enhance or extend a relationship in sales.

Everything you see around you today are product of copywriting.

Facebook ads, bill boards, Tv adverts Radio jingles, magazines, to mention a few.

With Copywriting you work with foreign clients and get paid in dollars.

Just imagine being paid a whooping $500 just to write a letter.

That is about N250,000, and you can do this in less than 24 hours.

But what if i tell you that you can become a copywriter in 3 months with the right training and dedication?

Would you like to tap from this ever growing industry?

I would be holding a 3 day free class in Copywriting and LinkedIn marketing starting on Monday 18th of Oct.2021.

Send a whatsapp message to this no. to join for free.

Lol, you don chop money for the copy writing yourself?
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by SeniorGee(m): 11:26am On Oct 16, 2021
This format still dey? Met them over 20 yrs ago at Suru Alaba market. They spoke french to me, I answer, them speak egun I answer am, the guy sef confuse ni. There were some naval personnel on guard nearby, as I told the criminals to come let's go and tell them so we could go to the warehouse togeda, Omo see jakpa.. they crossed without looking, motor nearly jam one.
Thank God you are safe

2 Likes

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by millionboi(m): 11:58am On Oct 16, 2021
gbemishile:

And u are an idiot
Ass licker

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by thorpido(m): 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2021
pocohantas:

My dear, just be happy for me. I actually wanted to push it, see where it is going to, but when he attempted to touch me, I freaked out. [b]Gets me wondering, do they use jazz? [/b]Or is it greed on the part of the victim?

Lmao. I tire o.

Somewhere around Ikotun. Just be careful, they are everywhere this season. You’re welcome.
Hypnosis.
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by faithfull18(f): 1:28pm On Oct 16, 2021
pocohantas:
I have a bag of money, foreign currency…”

It is almost Christmas, evil men and women are on the prowl. Let’s all be careful and not drop our guards no matter how they disguise.
Exactly, almost tried it on me some 2years ago. Thankful for the sudden tiredness I felt that made me turn back and tell them I wasn't going again. Up until that time, didn't know it was one of their methods.

This one was a foreigner who brought goods and didn't understand our currency conversion and needed help to avoid being cheated. There are a group of people.

Men that should find something doing will sit down to plan out how to scam people, na real wa.
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by gbemishile: 1:39pm On Oct 16, 2021
millionboi:
Ass licker
Ipig
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Itachi23: 7:33pm On Oct 16, 2021
BKsoul:
Don't worry..... i will use the shell of your turtle to knock you...

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Kokaine(m): 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2021
pocohantas:

Please keep quiet, you first-to-comment-politics-section-hoodlum. I said he asked me in Igbo. That should tell you I transcribed his question into English for the sake of non-Igbo readers. His question and my response were both in Igbo. Anything tribal, your antenna will just stand.

About that,

You know people can look at faces and tell your origin. I experience it a lot in the north. Just the same way we can tell hausa guys in the south, they can also tell us apart without us speaking a word. Even if we dress like them, they say it. That if 50people dressed in Baba Riga and wore their caps, they would easily pick out all the southerners with an efficiency of over 90%

Igbo people too are in this demographic. It's quite easy to tell an Igbo person especially if you are tall, fair or a bit hairy. A delta Igbo may be more difficult. But a fellow Igbo person would easily look at you and tell you are his tribesman.
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by pocohantas(f): 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2021
Kokaine:

About that,

You know people can look at faces and tell your origin. I experience it a lot in the north. Just the same way we can tell hausa guys in the south, they can also tell us apart without us speaking a word. Even if we dress like them, they say it. That if 50people dressed in Baba Riga and wore their caps, they would easily pick out all the southerners with an efficiency of over 90%

Igbo people too are in this demographic. It's quite easy to tell an Igbo person especially if you are tall, fair or a bit hairy. A delta Igbo may be more difficult. But a fellow Igbo person would easily look at you and tell you are his tribesman.

You are right sha. But they came from behind me o. Someone said it has to be my yam legs, maybe he is right.

2 Likes

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Kokaine(m): 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2021
pocohantas:

You are right sha. But they came from behind me o. Someone said it has to be my yam legs, maybe he is right.
Loool.
You know they may also have been around you longer than you estimate. They may have strolled close to you and heard phone conversation or even accents. You only observed them when they struck a conversation. You may just not have been aware of their stealth presence all the while

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by kayusely70(m): 11:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
One should always be careful and be on the lookout for them. They're always around, planning how to unleash their evil schemings on the unwary!
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 13, 2021
chatinent:

Sorry, is that person you attached Ini Edo or some film trick?
That's Ini Edo

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Civilian And Traffic Warden Fight In Ajegunle (Photos) / Muslim Man Kills Wife(for reading bible) And Buries Daughters Alive / Okposi Community Curse Murderers Of FGC Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.