Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

My Close Encounter With 419 Men - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Close Encounter With 419 Men (31199 Views)

My Close Friend Was Butchered / Police Burst Lagos 419 Syndicate’s Shrine In Osogbo (pics) / My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Krismas(m): 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2021
grin Tank God for u ma Sis. They generally cannot catch people who are not greedy for unmerited money. grin Meanwhile I have been looking for an Igbo BROTHER that can help translate ODOGWU K’IBU JIDE NKE A. Into English. I will be grateful grin
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Olaolufred(m): 5:52pm On Oct 15, 2021
pocohantas:

Please keep quiet, you first-to-comment-politics-section-hoodlum. I said he asked me in Igbo. That should tell you I transcribed his question into English for the sake of non-Igbo readers. His question and my response were both in Igbo. Anything tribal, your antenna will just stand.

Na biafra case self.
Nnamdi kanu will settle it.
They wanted to take care of their biafran sister but you were uncooperative.
Next time you need to do better.
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by BrainSanitizer: 5:53pm On Oct 15, 2021
pocohantas:

Please keep quiet, you first-to-comment-politics-section-hoodlum. I said he asked me in Igbo. That should tell you I transcribed his question into English for the sake of non-Igbo readers. His question and my response were both in Igbo. Anything tribal, your antenna will just stand.
Nne, Biko which antenna be that?
Na d one for him head abi d one between his legs?

2 Likes

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by 77up(m): 5:54pm On Oct 15, 2021
iamyemiakins:
Lagos 419ers and their antics, they are new every morning grin

Tinubu sef!
You don't have the Monopoly of this tribalism bro but not everywhere,we catch fun on other thread .

This trick is not even common in Lagos, come to Abuja cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by AfonjaConehead: 6:03pm On Oct 15, 2021
pocohantas:

Haba!! Now now now,"antenna don stand!!!"
grin
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by thatsleepboy1: 6:04pm On Oct 15, 2021
They did this to me in 2015 at tejuosho and took me to somewhere inside surulere but it was my mum that raised alarm at home and a slap that made me not to steal money and return it back to them that day. Omo, it wasn't a funny situation that day.

1 Like

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Emaprince: 6:04pm On Oct 15, 2021
Mtchweeeeeeew!!!!

I saw the headline and thought poco was the one carrying a bag of money filled with dollars and pounds.

Which kind old pattern of 419 be this?

Those thieves are not evolving and updating themselves.

1 Like

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by pocohantas(f): 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
They did this to me in 2015 at tejuosho and took me to somewhere inside surulere but it was my mum that raised alarm at home and a slap that made me not to steal money and return it back to them that day. Omo, it wasn't a funny situation that day.

Do you think you were jazzed?

Emaprince:
Mtchweeeeeeew!!!!

I saw the headline and thought poco was the one carrying a bag of money filled with dollars and pounds.

Which kind old pattern of 419 be this?

Those thieves are not evolving and updating themselves.

Why would they evolve when it keeps working 2 decades later? I was quite shaken because for a moment I thought to myself, there could be more to it. After all, we have read encounters of people they picked up in Lagos, only for them to find themselves in Ogun state.
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by AfonjaConehead: 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
Olaolufred:

Na biafra case self.
Nnamdi kanu will settle it.
They wanted to take care of their biafran sister but you were uncooperative.
Next time you need to do better.
A con.headed strckcha would cooperate easily....many of them have FufuAndroid and iPhoneAkpuX

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by yahmohy27: 6:13pm On Oct 15, 2021
Octopusssy:
Very very old format. I'm amazed they're still using the format.

The last time I was in their middle, I told them I was married to a Ghanaian and didn't really know my way around Lagos. Meanwhile I was buying time, waiting for them to get as close as possible to my nearest bus stop because no way in God's green earth was I going to pay for this particular trip.

I smiled serenely while the fools jabbered away in excitement (they thought they don catch maga), occasionally nodding my head in agreement to the horse shït they were spewing. The recurrent motif in their antics is the bewildered French man who doesn't know he is supposed to pay for services with Naira, not USD, or the more common fleeing thief who has fled with his oga's box/bag of dollars. They are willing to give you a cut but you must go to one baba's house to swear an oath of secrecy.

As soon as I got to Ikeja Along, I hopped out of the vehicle James Bond style, spread my two hands at them and shrieked waka!! The driver asked me for fare and I screamed "All of una dey craze. 419!!" I then proceeded to quickly cross the expressway like a seasoned NURTW thug and went on my merry way.

Hediots. Them wan scam Omo Eko. Their very fathers angry
grin grin this is a baaaad gurl
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by yahmohy27: 6:14pm On Oct 15, 2021
Octopusssy:

The last time I was in their middle, I told them I was married to a Ghanaian and didn't really know my way around Lagos. Meanwhile I was buying time, waiting for them to get as close as possible to my nearest bus stop because no way in God's green earth was I going to pay for this particular trip.

I smiled serenely while the fools jabbered away in excitement (they thought they don catch maga), occasionally nodding my head in agreement to the horse shït they were spewing. The recurrent motif in their antics is the bewildered French man who doesn't know he is supposed to pay for services with Naira, not USD, or the more common fleeing thief who has fled with his oga's box/bag of dollars. They are willing to give you a cut but you must go to one baba's house to swear an oath of secrecy.

As soon as I got to Ikeja Along, I hopped out of the vehicle James Bond style, spread my two hands at them and shrieked waka!! The driver asked me for fare and I screamed "All of una dey craze. 419!!" I then proceeded to quickly cross the expressway like a seasoned NURTW thug and went on my merry way.

Onijo pade onilu
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Emaprince: 6:15pm On Oct 15, 2021
pocohantas:

Do you think you were jazzed?

Why would they evolve when it keeps working 2 decades later? I was quite shaken because for a moment I thought to myself, there could be more to it. After all, we have read encounters of people they picked up in Lagos, only for them to find themselves in Ogun state.
Actually a lot of Nigerians are still living in dark. Many old tricks of 419ners are still very much in use and paying handsomely to these criminals.

You actually did well by not letting him touch you..
Had it been he succeeded, the rest might be history...

I have a feeling I might have slapped him if I was in that situation and he tries to touch me. angry angry
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by starstaz(m): 6:18pm On Oct 15, 2021
Pocos is so frail to have attracted this set of scum bags. We thank God for your wisdom and innate wits. Eni jamba o'ba nlo pe ra re L'okunrin.
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by streetzdreamz(m): 6:20pm On Oct 15, 2021
Octopusssy:

Good lord! You got me reeling with laughter. @op this is like the oldest 419 trick I know, I've been hearing different versions of it since my teenage days. They mostly feed off ones willingness to help, tribal affiliation and lastly greed. I'm glad you pulled out before it was too late.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Ishaq319(f): 6:22pm On Oct 15, 2021
pocohantas:
I have a bag of money, foreign currency…”

It is almost Christmas, evil men and women are on the prowl. Let’s all be careful and not drop our guards no matter how they disguise.

That was how those criminals take succeeded me in Benue state 2011. Oh my 1m!!
They were lucky I was not the one that they meet that day,I would have send them to their graves or damage their legs which may lead to amputation.

I d walk with weapon and in search of them
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by fatymore(f): 6:24pm On Oct 15, 2021
I thank God their Jazz never catch me o.

Cos most times what I always tell them is if you don't know where you are going, go back to your Cotonou or wherever you crawled from undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by ChiefSweetus: 6:25pm On Oct 15, 2021
Octopusssy:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Clicked: 6:28pm On Oct 15, 2021
Octopusssy:

Mine was at Alausa. When the men saw that it didn't work, they stopped and begged me, I mean actually begged me to come down from the car. I was like why are you people begging me? Unfortunately they had already collected my t-fare. It was only ₦200 but it pain me sha grin

I wanted to ask for it but something told me to come down immediately. Funny thing is that I was travelling and I had my laptop and enough cash with me. Before leaving my parents house, my mum reminded me to pray but I didn't. While on the road, I kept getting the feeling that I needed to pray and so I did, only to encounter those people later.

I was so shaken because I had heard of this, in fact, one of my best friends in uni was a victim. We later found her standing under a tree, looking up aimlessly at the tree. This was after she had given them her phone, plus another friend's phone and money.

1 Like

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by kinzd(m): 6:30pm On Oct 15, 2021
Kinda I WILL SOON BE LYING......
Shellsploit:

awosubulie!
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by fatymore(f): 6:36pm On Oct 15, 2021
Clicked:

Mine was at Alausa. When the men saw that it didn't work, they stopped and begged me, I mean actually begged me to come down from the car. I was like why are you people begging me? Unfortunately they had already collected my t-fare. It was only ₦200 but it pain me sha grin

I wanted to ask for it but something told me to come down immediately. Funny thing is that I was travelling and I had my laptop and enough cash with me. Before leaving my parents house, my mum reminded me to pray but I didn't. While on the road, I kept getting the feeling that I needed to pray and so I did, only to encounter those people later.

I was so shaken because I had heard of this, in fact, one of my best friends in uni was a victim. We later found her standing under a tree, looking up aimlessly at the tree. This was after she had given them her phone, plus another friend's phone and money.

Lol... These Alausa fraudsters. The one's I encountered... One Fake reverend father and his driver...lol. Asking me to enter their car...lol...

I japa...one month to my wedding

2 Likes

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by YorubaCoward: 6:41pm On Oct 15, 2021
pocohantas:

Its the antenna for.me ���
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:44pm On Oct 15, 2021
Octopusssy:

Abeg relocate to d nearest comedy section!

grin

1 Like

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Octopusssy(f): 6:45pm On Oct 15, 2021
yahmohy27:

Oshamo. Iyalaya anybody grin
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Octopusssy(f): 6:48pm On Oct 15, 2021
streetzdreamz:
Good lord! You got me reeling with laughter. @op this is like the oldest 419 trick I know, I've been hearing different versions of it since my teenage days. They mostly feed off ones willingness to help, tribal affiliation and lastly greed. I'm glad you pulled out before it was too late.
If they are not using jazz then it is only greed and naivete that can make you fall into their trap

2 Likes

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by Corroro: 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2021
lol, e dey happen grin
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by gbemishile: 6:54pm On Oct 15, 2021
millionboi:
Tinubu is a thief
And u are an idiot
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by 2braithe: 6:55pm On Oct 15, 2021
emdis:
Lol you don't know how he knew you are igbo?? Is it that difficult to identify an igbo girl?they kinda have big legs with a yummy facial appearance. Mostly, fair in complexion.

Which one is big legs?
Yam leg is yam leg biko
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by 2braithe: 6:59pm On Oct 15, 2021
fatymore:
I thank God their Jazz never catch me o.

Cos most times what I always tell them is if you don't know where you are going, go back to your Cotonou or wherever you crawled from undecided

Until they hypnotize you before you know what's up.
Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by luizpippo(m): 6:59pm On Oct 15, 2021
I have had 3 different experiences with this kind of scammers.

In 2005, i was trying reduce my fare from Cele to Ojota by a mere #20, so i decided to cut the trip in 2, i alighted at Oshodi and waa trying to get a bus to Ojota for #40, when i saw a guy pacing aimlessly, and as he approached me i looked behind me and saw a guy playing with the pure water he was drinking, suddenly the aimless pacer came to me and asked if i knew a hospital at Anthony, i waved him away absentmindedly that i know not, then the guy behind stood beside me and asked what the guy wanted?
i just said he said Anthony something-something, then the guy was like, that guy na foreigner wey bring goods come supply somebody and Lagos people go don dupe am so, immediately my senses came back, then fool then said, tell him to stop telling people otherwise they will collect whatever he has left, immediately i told him, shebi na him you dey see so, why you no tell am since you know him problem.

The next bus i saw said Ojota #60, i ran with super speed inside.

2 Likes

Re: My Close Encounter With 419 Men by fatymore(f): 7:03pm On Oct 15, 2021
2braithe:

Until they hypnotize you before you know what's up.
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2 Sisters Arrested For Attempting To Smuggle Drugs Into Kuje Prison (Photo) / Police Intercept Tanker Truck Carrying Two Children In Benue State / Armed Robber Burnt Alive In Delta (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.