Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi (41101 Views)

Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi / Patrice Evra Dresses As A Woman, Dances To Nigerian Song / Patrice Evra: "Why Nobody Should Go To Cristiano Ronaldo’s House To Eat" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 8:58am On Oct 17, 2021
Oyiboman69:
you almost made sense with all you stated until the last paragraph.

Where you not expecting the post reach the front page when you created it and you're also the first to comment....
I am calling the MODs out because they are fond of burying any thread that exalt Messi but always quick to paste anyone that can dent his image on FP.

4 Likes

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by MoneyTrees(m): 9:00am On Oct 17, 2021
OJEEMAH:
He doesn't need your validation after conquering 3 different continents to win the Olympics (Asia) Copa America (South America) and Europe?? You already know.......Best Player at the World Cup, Olympics, Copa America, UCL.

See person wer Dem dey always use compare with Guinness book of Records breaker
I'm not impressed angry
Mek nobody quote me especially about the short Balon D'Or fraud
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by xeju: 9:02am On Oct 17, 2021
brandmix:

Without bias and objectively speaking, may I ask why?

What criteria would Messi use that would differentiate his achievements last season from others on that list.

*pls don’t bring Ronaldo into this as I don’t give 2fu*ks about him, and tantrums btw Ronaldo and Messi fans can become quite petty*
because Messi was decisive in games: chance created, goals scored, goals assisted, completed dribbles, etc

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by Numerouno94(m): 9:05am On Oct 17, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Emperor of Crotone grin grin

Hahahahahahaha grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by AljaanIVQ007(m): 9:07am On Oct 17, 2021
Omo!!! Damn!!!
See pure hating!!!
Damn!!!
Too obvious...

1 Like

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by bayelsaowei(m): 9:08am On Oct 17, 2021
brandmix:

Yawns

Based on your logic Jorginho should win it then cos he did exactly what Messi did plus the champions league cup conceding the fewest possible goals in Chelsea history
did jorginho win any of these as an individual?:

1. Highest goal scorer in the EPL
2. Highest assists in the EPL?
3. Highest goap scorer in the CL?
4. Highest assist in the CL?
5. Highest goal scorer in the European Cup?
6. Highest assist in the European Cup?
7. Pichichi

What are we mentioning his name for?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by Holaomoakin(m): 9:09am On Oct 17, 2021
Try Nigerian paracetamol, you will get healed quick.

1 Like

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by Oyiboman69: 9:16am On Oct 17, 2021
OJEEMAH:
I am calling the MODs out because they are fond of burying any thread that exalt Messi but always quick to paste anyone that can dent his image on FP.
you're assertion is wrong in this case...how do you op think most people will notice this post if it's not move to the FP?, or can't you see how your first comment garner 'likes ,and share' in the post?.

abeg leave the mods out of this particular one cos its obvious you're just giving a dog a bad name just to hang it....
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by ElasticStone(m): 9:21am On Oct 17, 2021
All this para simply because Pendu pat him on the head small cheesy

1 Like

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 9:23am On Oct 17, 2021
MoneyTrees:

See person wer Dem dey always use compare with Guinness book of Records breaker
I'm not impressed angry
Mek nobody quote me especially about the short Balon D'Or fraud
Kindly help yourself with this link
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.guinnessworldrecords.com/amp/news/2012/12/barcelona-star-lionel-messi-sets-new-goalscoring-record-46285/%3ffb_comment_id=571599079522815_118615301

1 Like

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by ogmask: 9:26am On Oct 17, 2021
OJEEMAH:
In the eyes Ronaldo fans, Messi doesn't deserve Balon D'or because Ronaldo does not stand a chance this year. I am not even surprised at Evra's comment........E be like say the Agbada wey Messi sew for am in that UCL semi final clash between Barca & Man u still dey pain am.

At the bolded, what did the lunatic say when a trophiless Ronaldo defeated treble winning Ribery in 2013? All of a sudden Copa America is crap cos Messi won and silenced his goddamn mouth.......All these years, they were taunting Messi with Int'l trophy, they didn't realize the tournament is played by 12 teams.

If Copa America is crap, they should kindly explain how Ronaldo de Lima & Rivaldo both won World Best Players in 1997 and 1999 respectively.

The lunatic even dey ask wetin Messi do with Barcelona. Talent win games but team win titles.......Barcelona struggled till January that Messi's goals pushed them into competing with Madrid and ATM........unfortunately the lost the league but despite a slow start to the season, same Messi was top scorer in La liga and scored twice in Copa Del Rey final.

Out of the 12 goals Argentina scored in Copa America, Messi scored 5 and assisted 4 which means he contributed 9 out of the 12 goals his team scored.......Messi won the tournament, finished as top scorer and also shared Best Player Award with Neymar.

So what is Evra saying??

Nairaland MODs are too bias and sentimental........see how they moved it to FP because Evra's opinion places Messi in a bad spot. if this thread was about Ronaldo, I can bet my left ball, it won't see the light of day.

E don Tay wey I read did kind complete and straight forward analysis for nairaland. I used to blindly support Ronaldo like many do now but then I decided to look at things objectively and I realised that Messi is a mile ahead of Ronaldo in all ramifications. Just imagine his contributions in the Copa America... He was involved in 9 out of 12 goals yet some do not see his qualities. And he does this year in year out ooooo for club and country. Messi is the world best whichever way you look at it. I dey house make my former goat supporters come beat me for supporting the ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOAT- LEO MESSI...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by wealthgoddess: 9:34am On Oct 17, 2021
Mexico09:
Chei! Evra is in pains grin grin grin Messi really deserves this year ballon d'or award... I think Evra should be more concerned if PSG lift the champions league next year undecided undecided that means 8th balloon d'or award for Messi shocked shocked shocked ... depression may await him grin grin grin
...and with that PSG team and current Argentine team, Messi's chances of winning UCL and the world cup is extremely high

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by wealthgoddess: 9:37am On Oct 17, 2021
obonujoker:
Pessi is not winning the ballondor.... Someone cannot ride on DiMaria decisiveness to earn an award....
the same angel wey no like ur goat, the same angel that rubbished ur number 7 jersey cux he only likes messi...una con dey defend am cux of Ur hatred for messi. see your life??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by uniqueboi1(m): 9:49am On Oct 17, 2021
gurunlocker:
Ronaldo fans want anyone else to win aside Messi, they always bring new candidate since June each month, from Kante, to Jorginho, to Lewandoski, to Benzema....

The sweetest part, Messi doesn't give a fvxk!

Ronaldo self dey do him own PR... Person wey suppose finish 10th or 15th, dem dey bring him matter come ballon d'Or...

Even if Messi no win am, people like Lewandoski (though he didn't perform well in national team) should win, to compensate him for last year.

1 Like

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by kcnwaigbo: 10:04am On Oct 17, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Individual performance should win the award. Jorginho is not spectacular.....Kante had a better season. The only reason Jorginho is even in this discussion is because of the UCL and Euro not because he performed any better.
The only reason Messi is mentioned is because of Copa America
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by gurunlocker: 10:04am On Oct 17, 2021
obonujoker:
Pessi is not winning the ballondor.... Someone cannot ride on DiMaria decisiveness to earn an award....

You mean the way Edu or wetin be his name (forgotten) won Portugal the Euro? While Ronaldo was forming a professional coach on the sideline? grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by kcnwaigbo: 10:05am On Oct 17, 2021
Alejandrah:

Continue to yawn

Jorginho has no chance!!!

Messi is winning the BDr in November

Revisit this post after Nov 29 grin
We shall see.Shebi the same Messi that didn't even make the three man UEFA shortlist Lol
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by kcnwaigbo: 10:07am On Oct 17, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Sorry we can’t give it to kante

Even Uefa men player of the year award wey e for win e no win am because France no do well for euros
On what basis then should we then give it to Messi?
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 10:10am On Oct 17, 2021
kcnwaigbo:

This shows you haven't been following Balon D'or power ranking since Feb/Mar.
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by uunwanaobong3: 10:26am On Oct 17, 2021
If i was guardiola, this is how i will set up unbeatable mancity team to win champions league;

J.Cancelo.. Foden.. Jesus

Benardo ........ Debruyne
.............. Rodri .................

Laporte..................Walka
.......... R. Daiz...Stone......

................ Ederson.............

Sub:
Gundogan
Fernandinho
Torres
Mehrez
Grealish
Zinchenko
Ake
Steffan

Cancelo for left wing is better than both sterling and grealish combine. He wil offer accurate crosses, better pressing, good counter attack, better assist and dribbling and good tack/defending up-front just like gabriel jesus.
While the huge men in the defence will make the defence impenetrable and error free... Diaz will cover up the error of laporte while walka will cover few error of stones. All four of them wil be the best in their positions.
I dönt regard cancelo as a defender, he is the weakest link in our current defence. Cancelo is our best left winger.
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 17, 2021
kcnwaigbo:

We shall see.Shebi the same Messi that didn't even make the three man UEFA shortlist Lol

Messi is winning BDr 2021!!!
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 10:41am On Oct 17, 2021
gurunlocker:
Ronaldo fans want anyone else to win aside Messi, they always bring new candidate since June each month, from Kante, to Jorginho, to Lewandoski, to Benzema....

The sweetest part, Messi doesn't give a fvxk!

Ronaldo self dey do him own PR... Person wey suppose finish 10th or 15th, dem dey bring him matter come ballon d'Or...

Even if Messi no win am, people like Lewandoski (though he didn't perform well in national team) should win, to compensate him for last year.
They are giving out 2 Balon D'or Award this year. One will be for last year and that's undeniably Lewy's award.....then the other one will be for this year.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by generalwo(m): 10:51am On Oct 17, 2021
2 ballon D'or ...... 2 winners...... Lewandowski and Messi...... Evra opinion doesn't count...... If he is tired of giving Messi the award, he should look away..... When man u was winning epl like a serial rapist with Evra in the team, did anyone get tired of handin them the trophy? They won because they were a good team.... Messi deserves the Ballon D'or because he's a phenomenal player... He won a major trophy which has eluded him for years and that's something that Argentina wouldn't have been able to achieve without Messi in the side...... Make Evra go sit down

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by gurunlocker: 10:53am On Oct 17, 2021
OJEEMAH:
They are giving out 2 Balon D'or Award this year. One will be for last year and that's undeniably Lewy's award.....then the other one will be for this year.

Heard this few weeks ago but couldn't get any source for that... Do you have a source I can read?
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 10:55am On Oct 17, 2021
ogmask:
E don Tay wey I read did kind complete and straight forward analysis for nairaland. I used to blindly support Ronaldo like many do now but then I decided to look at things objectively and I realised that Messi is a mile ahead of Ronaldo in all ramifications.
Many Ronaldo fans are just blinded by sentiment.
Just imagine his contributions in the Copa America... He was involved in 9 out of 12 goals yet some do not see his qualities. And he does this year in year out ooooo for club and country.
This shows that, when Messi is not scoring he playmakes and also contributes assists by creating goal scoring opportunities. Messi is that player that have won countless MOTM even without scoring but same cannot be said of Ronaldo cos his presence is mostly felt when he scores. For example, yesterday's game vs Leceister City.......He was quiet in that game and that because he didnt score a goal.
Messi is the world best whichever way you look at it. I dey house make my former goat supporters come beat me for supporting the ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOAT- LEO MESSI...
grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by Xfemt(m): 10:55am On Oct 17, 2021
All I can see here is absolute painment from Messi fans

They re so pained when Messi is criticized even when cr7 is not even mentioned on the news, they still find a way to bring him in

According to tubaba
If nobody talk about you then you re nobody

This shows cr7 is way better then Messi

To all Messi fans keep crying
While cr7 keeps winning and scoring goals even at 36

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by Bamzyriches451: 11:00am On Oct 17, 2021
He's right
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by bayelsaowei(m): 11:08am On Oct 17, 2021
ogmask:

E don Tay wey I read did kind complete and straight forward analysis for nairaland. I used to blindly support Ronaldo like many do now but then I decided to look at things objectively and I realised that Messi is a mile ahead of Ronaldo in all ramifications. Just imagine his contributions in the Copa America... He was involved in 9 out of 12 goals yet some do not see his qualities. And he does this year in year out ooooo for club and country. Messi is the world best whichever way you look at it. I dey house make my former goat supporters come beat me for supporting the ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOAT- LEO MESSI...
many persons only see goals and forget contribution to the goals...

Many think that was messi does every now and then is simple until they search out another player who can even try it...cr7 can't even come close...there's no tournament that messi has played that he either didnt win the golden ball or golden boot or even both starting from the under 17 World Cup...

That boy is a genius but blind folks will keep arguing...

That goal salah scored yesterday that the whole EPL is yammering about is what mess does everytime in football and still people think he doesn't deserve the balon dor this year..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by bayelsaowei(m): 11:10am On Oct 17, 2021
kcnwaigbo:

nope...he scored the highest in laliga and also won the copa del Ray...how can we forget the highest goal scorer in the laliga season?

2 Likes

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 11:11am On Oct 17, 2021
wealthgoddess:

the same angel wey no like ur goat, the same angel that rubbished ur number 7 jersey cux he only likes messi...una con dey defend am cux of Ur hatred for messi. see your life??
You should have reminded how his goat stole eder's shine at euro 2016.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 11:23am On Oct 17, 2021
bayelsaowei:
nope...he scored the highest in laliga and also won the copa del Ray...how can we forget the highest goal scorer in the laliga season?
and also best player and top scorer in Copa America
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 11:24am On Oct 17, 2021
bayelsaowei:
many persons only see goals and forget contribution to the goals...

Many think that was messi does every now and then is simple until they search out another player who can even try it...cr7 can't even come close...there's no tournament that messi has played that he either didnt win the golden ball or golden boot or even both starting from the under 17 World Cup.

That boy is a genius but blind folks will keep arguing...

That goal salah scored yesterday that the whole EPL is yammering about is what mess does everytime in football and still people think he doesn't deserve the balon dor this year..
The bolded says it all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Poses With Family In Juventus / Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa / AFCON: Antonio Rudiger Celebrates Sierra Leone's Draw With Holders, Algeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.