Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi (41113 Views)

Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi / Patrice Evra Dresses As A Woman, Dances To Nigerian Song / Patrice Evra: "Why Nobody Should Go To Cristiano Ronaldo’s House To Eat" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by JohnnyPalmer: 10:05pm On Oct 17, 2021
CSTR2:

Him winning Copa America made him a contender.

He wouldn't have been a contender without that trophy win.
And he is not even a favourite for the award.

He did not even win UEFA best player.
That went to jorginho.

Barcelona did not win the league or the champions league.

He came 4th in Uefa best player
That's cos he had a poor outing in the UCL
And did not play in the Euros, cos euros was considered

Messi was the only south-american to make top 10, and the gap between the 3rd position and 4th was close despite the above considerations

He finished ahead of Lewandowski @ 5th, mbappe and Ronaldo @9th

The ballon d or considers all competitions including the Copa América unlike uefa awards

So it's not even a question of doubt or a debate

Messi is winning his 7th d'or hands down

We are now worried about his 8th d' or

By the way.. Papa Pérez has shifted the media PR... And it's more of Messi, lewy and Benz triad now grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by Formation10: 10:18pm On Oct 17, 2021
OJEEMAH:
In the eyes Ronaldo fans, Messi doesn't deserve Balon D'or because Ronaldo does not stand a chance this year. I am not even surprised at Evra's comment........E be like say the Agbada wey Messi sew for am in that UCL semi final clash between Barca & Man u still dey pain am.

At the bolded, what did the lunatic say when a trophiless Ronaldo defeated treble winning Ribery in 2013? All of a sudden Copa America is crap cos Messi won and silenced his goddamn mouth.......All these years, they were taunting Messi with Int'l trophy, they didn't realize the tournament is played by 12 teams.

If Copa America is crap, they should kindly explain how Ronaldo de Lima & Rivaldo both won World Best Players in 1997 and 1999 respectively.

The lunatic even dey ask wetin Messi do with Barcelona. Talent win games but team win titles.......Barcelona struggled till January that Messi's goals pushed them into competing with Madrid and ATM........unfortunately the lost the league but despite a slow start to the season, same Messi was top scorer in La liga and scored twice in Copa Del Rey final.

Out of the 12 goals Argentina scored in Copa America, Messi scored 5 and assisted 4 which means he contributed 9 out of the 12 goals his team scored.......Messi won the tournament, finished as top scorer and also shared Best Player Award with Neymar.

So what is Evra saying??

Nairaland MODs are too bias and sentimental........see how they moved it to FP because Evra's opinion places Messi in a bad spot. if this thread was about Ronaldo, I can bet my left ball, it won't see the light of day.
guy u no know anything about football same things Messi won was d same things Ronaldo won

1 Like

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by Formation10: 10:24pm On Oct 17, 2021
GreaterFuture:
Ok
Messi against Renne no goal no assist
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by Formation10: 10:26pm On Oct 17, 2021
Acidiously:
Lol, fear don dey catch Evra smalls. Him wan play mind games with coaches and captains
waiting he dey fear for sha he dey among who d contest for it

1 Like

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 10:53pm On Oct 17, 2021
Upjis:

If Balon D'or and FIFA Best is based on individual performance...How come did the same jorginho win the European best player?
it was more like a compensation to Jorginho for winning the UCL & Euro. If Italy didn't win the Euros, Kante would have won UEFA Player of the Year cos he was outstanding in crucial matches. Can you confident mention any outstanding display from Jorginho last season??
Messi also played in europe last year right ?And he has won this same award two or three times Why didnt he win it and he performed more than
jorginho last year
UEFA Awards is wrapped around UCL & Euros while Balon D'or covers UCL, League and National team performances. UEFA happen to be the governing body of Europe just like CAF to Africa. European Footballer of the Year is issued by UEFA. Therefore, the award is issued to players based on their performance in UEFA competitions. Jorginho's case is different because he won both competitions and there was no clear favourite from the onset. It doesn't always happen like this cos Euro is played once in every 4 years......UCL is the major determinant unless Euro is played in that very year. If there was no Euro this year or Italy didn't win, Jorginho would not even be in the picture cos he was simply average in both competition. Balon D'or is not limited to Europe. It covers performance of players in all competition and there are so many player better than Jorginho when its comes to outstanding performances. If you think Jorginho would win Balon D'or cos he won UEFA Player of the Year, kindly have a rethink. VVD was far more outstanding than Jorginho........he won UEFA Best Player but couldn't win Balon D'or cos Messi had a superior performance in Europe. Ribery also won UEFA Best Player but couldn't beat Ronaldo to win Balon D'or. Milito won UEFA Best but couldn't defeat Messi to win Balon D'or infact he was not even nominated.
Think before you talk
Mayb, you have to widen your horizon instead of telling me to think cos its obvious you are ignorant.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en-kw/amp/news/jorginho-agrees-it-would-be-a-scandal-if-he-wins-ballon-dor-over-/pfrvu6qrjyf6zare3398ymyj

1 Like

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 11:01pm On Oct 17, 2021
Formation10:
guy u no know anything about football same things Messi won was d same things Ronaldo won
Messi won Copa America. I can't remember Ronaldo winning Euro this year. Messi won Best Player and Top scorer in Copa America. I still can't remember Ronaldo winning Euro 2020 Best Player cos that award went to Donnaruma.

Next time, think before displaying gross ignorance in public.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by donmik: 11:16pm On Oct 17, 2021
OJEEMAH:
In the eyes Ronaldo fans, Messi doesn't deserve Balon D'or because Ronaldo does not stand a chance this year. I am not even surprised at Evra's comment........E be like say the Agbada wey Messi sew for am in that UCL semi final clash between Barca & Man u still dey pain am.

At the bolded, what did the lunatic say when a trophiless Ronaldo defeated treble winning Ribery in 2013? All of a sudden Copa America is crap cos Messi won and silenced his goddamn mouth.......All these years, they were taunting Messi with Int'l trophy, they didn't realize the tournament is played by 12 teams.

If Copa America is crap, they should kindly explain how Ronaldo de Lima & Rivaldo both won World Best Players in 1997 and 1999 respectively.

The lunatic even dey ask wetin Messi do with Barcelona. Talent win games but team win titles.......Barcelona struggled till January that Messi's goals pushed them into competing with Madrid and ATM........unfortunately the lost the league but despite a slow start to the season, same Messi was top scorer in La liga and scored twice in Copa Del Rey final.

Out of the 12 goals Argentina scored in Copa America, Messi scored 5 and assisted 4 which means he contributed 9 out of the 12 goals his team scored.......Messi won the tournament, finished as top scorer and also shared Best Player Award with Neymar.

So what is Evra saying??

Nairaland MODs are too bias and sentimental........see how they moved it to FP because Evra's opinion places Messi in a bad spot. if this thread was about Ronaldo, I can bet my left ball, it won't see the light of day.

Let Evra produce his own trophy and win EvraD'or this year at least.
I just wonder who are Jorghino and Kante when we are talking about Ballon D or class with which Messi is involved.

Can't Nigerian fake football fanatics understand the conditions that warrant that award?

Even FIFA knows that the day Messi hangs boot, it will begin to loose three-thirds of its income.

What do Nigerians know when it comes to world class affair and reality?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by GreaterFuture(m): 12:30am On Oct 18, 2021
Formation10:
Messi against Renne no goal no assist
??
Excuse me? What are you talking about??

1 Like

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by maxwell530(m): 1:03am On Oct 18, 2021
CSTR2:

Him winning Copa America made him a contender.

He wouldn't have been a contender without that trophy win.
And he is not even a favourite for the award.

He did not even win UEFA best player.
That went to jorginho.

Barcelona did not win the league or the champions league.
Van Dijk won UEFA Best in 2019... Tell me who won the Balon d'Or

Some players have won the uefa Best and didn't win the Balon d'Or in the past.
Andres Iniesta
Frank Ribery
Van dijk
These players have all won uefa Best player without winning the Balon d'Or in the same year

No be today we start watching football

1 Like

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by Kylce042(m): 1:17am On Oct 18, 2021
OJEEMAH:

So what is Evra saying??

The point where you called Evra a lunatic shaaa. Lol social media shaa everyone can just sit and type anything see this poor werey dy call Evra lunatic well until your voice is as relevant as his kept your actual lunatic dirty vocal cavity shut. Olodo what do you know about football imp

1 Like

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by Kylce042(m): 1:18am On Oct 18, 2021
donmik:

Let Evra produce his own trophy and win EvraD'or this year at least.
I just wonder who are Jorghino and Kante when we are talking about Ballon D or class with which Messi is involved.

Can't Nigerian fake football fanatics understand the conditions that warrant that award?

Even FIFA knows that the day Messi hangs boot, it will begin to loose three-thirds of its income.

What do Nigerians know when it comes to world class affair and reality?

In what way did Messi outplay Kante last season?
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 4:32am On Oct 18, 2021
Kylce042:
The point where you called Evra a lunatic shaaa. Lol [s]social media shaa everyone can just sit and type anything see this poor werey dy call Evra lunatic[/s]
Not as poor as your wretched father
[s]well until your voice is as relevant as his kept your actual lunatic dirty vocal cavity shut[/s]
mine is still relevant than your stupid father
[s]Olodo what do you know about football imp[/s]
I know that neither you nor your ignorant father can match my analytical football prowess.

Shut dat gutter you call a mouth and get da fuc outta my mention you dimwit......Next time, you ret*rd won't be lucky to get a reply.

Aanu Mpama........ If you had one cube of sense, you would have asked why I used that phrase instead of displaying stupidity you inherited from your insane and pathetic father.

Au revoire

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by OJEEMAH(m): 4:40am On Oct 18, 2021
maxwell530:

Andres Iniesta
Frank Ribery
Van dijk
These players have all won uefa Best player without winning the Balon d'Or in the same year

Add Milito
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by Upjis: 5:07am On Oct 18, 2021
OJEEMAH:
it was more like a compensation to Jorginho for winning the UCL & Euro. If Italy didn't win the Euros, Kante would have won UEFA Player of the Year cos he was outstanding in crucial matches. Can you confident mention any outstanding display from Jorginho last season?? Tv UEFA Awards is wrapped around UCL & Euros while Balon D'or covers UCL, League and National team performances. UEFA happen to be the governing body of Europe just like CAF to Africa. European Footballer of the Year is issued by UEFA. Therefore, the award is issued to players based on their performance in UEFA competitions. Jorginho's case is different because he won both competitions and there was no clear favourite from the onset. It doesn't always happen like this cos Euro is played once in every 4 years......UCL is the major determinant unless Euro is played in that very year. If there was no Euro this year or Italy didn't win, Jorginho would not even be in the picture cos he was simply average in both competition. Balon D'or is not limited to Europe. It covers performance of players in all competition and there are so many player better than Jorginho when its comes to outstanding performances. If you think Jorginho would win Balon D'or cos he won UEFA Player of the Year, kindly have a rethink. VVD was far more outstanding than Jorginho........he won UEFA Best Player but couldn't win Balon D'or cos Messi had a superior performance in Europe. Ribery also won UEFA Best Player but couldn't beat Ronaldo to win Balon D'or. Milito won UEFA Best but couldn't defeat Messi to win Balon D'or infact he was not even nominated. Mayb, you have to widen your horizon instead of telling me to think cos its obvious you are ignorant.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en-kw/amp/news/jorginho-agrees-it-would-be-a-scandal-if-he-wins-ballon-dor-over-/pfrvu6qrjyf6zare3398ymyj

It is obvious that you are ignorant ...Jorginho was never the best player in euro Gianluigi Donnarumma was and there where other players who performed more than he did in euro...Ribery and Milito where best players in ucl far better than jorginho but he still won it

Modric was never the best player when madrid won the ucl , Cristiano Rolando was ,messi even had a great season more than modric ,modric only performed in the world cup came out the best player and not top scorer and won the Balon D'or

Modrić dedicated the Ballon d'Or to "all the players who probably deserved to win it and didn't" in the past decade, including Xavi, Andrés Iniesta, and Wesley Sneijder among others.

Knowing the politics Fifa play when they like a particular player

Can you confident mention any outstanding display from Jorginho last season?? I really like your question ...The answer is he's performance was very poor,but he still won

The question you should ask yourself is ,why did he win when there where better players in the ucl and euro

1 Like

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by bewla(m): 6:14am On Oct 18, 2021
OJEEMAH:

So what is Evra saying??

the way
Why will your opinion count to them
All no say he do bad last year so leave that

If them no give am we go all see
Lo ba tan
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by gurunlocker: 8:06am On Oct 18, 2021
maxwell530:

Andres Iniesta
Frank Ribery
Van dijk

Can you stop explaining to these people? They know all these but intentionally doing that to rubbish anything Messi.... The message from the fan base is clear, they know Ronaldo won't even make top 3, so anyone can win aside Messi.

They know UEFA award (which focuses on UEFA competition mostly) is different from Ballon d'Or award (which focuses on all competitions including international outside Europe).

You can win UEFA award and not win Ballon d'Or (Why Jorginho won the UEFA best since he won the xhanpions league and Euro, he can only be a contender for Ballon d'Or as it's all media hype, he is not even Chelsea best player not to talk of world best) and vice versa and you can win both if you win the Champions League and still did well overall in your club and country... They know all of these things, you are wasting your time arguing with Lord Luxembourg d'Or fans. cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by Numerouno94(m): 8:50am On Oct 18, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Not as poor as your wretched father mine is still relevant than your stupid father I know that neither you nor your ignorant father can match my analytical football prowess.

Shut dat gutter you call a mouth and get da fuc outta my mention you dimwit......Next time, you ret*rd won't be lucky to get a reply.

Aanu Mpama........ If you had one cube of sense, you would have asked why I used that phrase instead of displaying stupidity you inherited from your insane and pathetic father.

Au revoire

Easy on the lad pls comrade. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by kcnwaigbo: 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2021
bayelsaowei:
nope...he scored the highest in laliga and also won the copa del Ray...how can we forget the highest goal scorer in the laliga season?
What about the highest goal scorers in the EPL, Ligue 1, Bundesliga,Serie A?
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by kcnwaigbo: 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
maxwell530:

Andres Iniesta
Frank Ribery
Van dijk

But no player who didn't Make the three man UEFA shortlist has ever won the Ballon dor

1 Like

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by oyatainer(m): 2:05pm On Oct 18, 2021
[quote author=kcnwaigbo post=106842056]
But no player who didn't Make the three man UEFA shortlist has ever won the Ballon dor[/quot

You should also mention South American that has won it during EURO year since inception.

UEFA player of the year is specifically euro related. if any player from other continent could win it, he put in extra.
It is an added advantage for Europeans
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by bayelsaowei(m): 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2021
kcnwaigbo:

What about the highest goal scorers in the EPL, Ligue 1, Bundesliga,Serie A?
yes they are important...we now also add assists to the numbers..international competition nkor and individual performance in such competitions within the same season?

Connect the dots..
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by Kylce042(m): 3:53am On Oct 19, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Not as poor as your wretched father mine is still relevant than your stupid father I know that neither you nor your ignorant father can match my analytical football prowess.

Au revoire

You know psychology has it that when you make emphasis repeatedly on a particular subject, it tends to be out of your own experiences. You must think your father a very useless man the reason you try using father to control the narrative walla! you did yourself a solid there lol. Well not every father is useless as yours most people actually idolize their’s. But perhaps he isn’t the useless one he just has himself a son conceived out of infidelity. Poor thing can’t match his old man’s IQ and in turn resolves to hating father lol. And no lowlife i wouldn’t have asked you anything your poor IQ is distinctive like your father i know too well that nothing good can come from a mishap as yourself. Just so you know even with your stupendous self claimed football analytical prowess your father still will be disappointed. Let’s talk when you find the hopeless idiot that slept with a married woman that bore a calamity.

1 Like

Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by ojaysam25(m): 11:07am On Oct 19, 2021
kcnwaigbo:

But no player who didn't Make the three man UEFA shortlist has ever won the Ballon dor
Hmm
Re: Patrice Evra: I’m Sick Of Giving The Ballon D’or To Messi by ojaysam25(m): 11:14am On Oct 19, 2021
Kylce042:

You know psychology has it that when you make emphasis repeatedly on a particular subject, it tends to be out of your own experiences. You must think your father a very useless man the reason you try using father to control the narrative walla! you did yourself a solid there lol. Well not every father is useless as yours most people actually idolize their’s. But perhaps he isn’t the useless one he just has himself a son conceived out of infidelity. Poor thing can’t match his old man’s IQ and in turn resolves to hating father lol. And no lowlife i wouldn’t have asked you anything your poor IQ is distinctive like your father i know too well that nothing good can come from a mishap as yourself. Just so you know even with your stupendous self claimed football analytical prowess your father still will be disappointed. Let’s talk when you find the hopeless idiot that slept with a married woman that bore a calamity.
All because of ronaldo and messi debate. You all should look for jobs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rashford Wins King Of The Match Award, Becomes First Player / How To Join The Glo Soccer Academy DREAM TEAM / Man United Fans Attack Ed Woodward's House With Flares (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.