Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,262 members, 7,860,606 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:13 PM

Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda (7057 Views)

Where Are You Worshipping At Today? / God Brought Coronarvirus To Punish China For Idol Worshipping - Bishop Iboyi / Could This Be A Clear Definition Of Idol Worshipping? (See This Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by macof(m): 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2021
Olu317:
[s] Lol. Seemingly,you forget easily! Anyway, enjoy yourself .But stop condemning people's post if you have no idea over issue at hand[/s]
As expected more nonsense. I asked you for the vulgar words and evil in that post you replied to but as usual you have no substance. you are just exposing your silliness and on another round of going through my posts to see what to antagonise me on.
You will exhaust yourself on your self imposed vendetta against me. I’ll just be sipping wine watching you embarrass yourself more
[img]https://c./U6GsKmWzv6oAAAAM/wendy-osefo-drinking.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by Olu317(m): 7:11pm On Nov 04, 2021
macof:

As expected more nonsense. I asked you for the vulgar words and evil in that post you replied to but as usual you have no substance. you are just exposing your silliness and on another round of going through my posts to see what to antagonise me on.
You will exhaust yourself on your self imposed vendetta against me. I’ll just be sipping wine watching you embarrass yourself more
Lmao. I keep laughing at you liar. Can you hardly quote anyone without throwing out vulgar word ? You are a known liar.

I postulated Yrb over two years ago and 2021 you are catching up, Mr. Fake Muslim and fake Iṣẹṣé. Atleast, I decided to expose your lie publicly.

I actually wish you are a true scholar else I would look to the day I will see you and rubbished your falsification postulation openly but it is all in futility since you are only an e-warior . Therefore I Ieave you to your bitterness over people's views

None of you that I donot have knowledge of your strength,so let me let you question what you have no knowledge on.Afterall, I have openly declared the Otem's book wasn't read by me but I have seen the preview. What about you the critic ?

From the ongoing it is obvious that on Ifaodu,you have no knowledge. Yoruba's history from Ileife ,you have no knowledge. Odua personality , you have no knowledge. Oranmiyan's migration to Bini, you have no knowledge. But here you're boasting and tail wagging over what you have no knowledge.

Instead of bestowing upon yourself , humility, which is as a characteristic of omoluabi, you rant as if you know Ileife the source more than Oramfe descendants and Ogun descendants. Absolutely, you're full of shit without recourse from those who know more than you.

Honestly, I detest your your nonsensical post which abhor vulgar words and until you learn how to post message as a scholar, I shall continue to attack the content and not you.However, as a man is, so is his content. While you expect me to post your vulgar words, then you shall wait till eternity because everyone have knowledge of it all.

Lastly, wait and see what I intend to proof and you all, the enemies shall see what hebrew means in Ifaodu and you shall see why Yoruba kings are igba ikeji orisha.

I am omo odua
Omo ogun
Omo oranmiyan
Omo olajamisan
Omo olajadogun
Omo olafogido
Omo olusi
Omo odelu ikanbi....This is my heritage. What is your heritage ? Proof yourself, Mr. Liar. Fake Ifaodu initiate. You all denting Yoruba tradition shall be exposed at right time.

1 Like

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by A001: 7:17pm On Nov 04, 2021
Lols
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by Olu317(m): 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2021
A001:
Lols
Yoruba tradition super majestic. Yoruba language was the language called coptic. Yoruba language called Semitic at a time in history. Ela shrin, issameas you do found in Mosque and ancient Hebrew form of worhip system as found in ablution.

Yoruba God was the foundation of world's monotheist God's. Ifa cannot die. Orunmiela cannot die. Ẹ̀làà cannot die. Eledumare cannot die. Yorùbá have Sonship heritage only. Ibá èdù,ibá ọ̀rúnmìẹ̀làà, ibá orí,ibá ẹ̀làà, ibá ẹ̀lẹ́dà,Ibá ẹ̀mi , ibá èṣù -ikùun ọ̀rúnmìẹ̀làà...ibá bara aṣẹ́rayé

1 Like

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by A001: 7:51pm On Nov 04, 2021
Olu317:
Yoruba tradition. Yoruba language called coptic. Yoruba language called Semitic at a time in history. Ela shrin, you do ablution. Yoruba God was the foundation of world's monotheist God's. Ifa cannot die. Ela cannot die. Orunmiela cannot die. Eledumare cannot die. Yorùbá have Sonship heritage only. Ibá èdù,ibá ọ̀rúnmìẹ̀làà, , ibá orí,ibá ẹ̀làà, ibá ẹ̀lẹ́dà,Ibá ẹ̀mi , ibá èṣù -ikùun ọ̀rúnmìẹ̀làà
That's great.
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by Damnfailure: 7:56pm On Nov 04, 2021
Cursed be all of them
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by Olu317(m): 8:01pm On Nov 04, 2021
A001:

That's great.
No language has ever matched the Coptic language in the world expcept the language of Ifaodu and Yoruba's. Do your research on it.

The best the western researchers have done so far is to call the language an isolate language or call it a liturgy.

My question is, Can the same God who created the knowledge to understand Scroll, which is translated to byblos or to bible , have the language dies ? This is where facts lies.
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by macof(m): 8:25pm On Nov 04, 2021
Olu317:
Lmao. I keep laughing at you liar. Can you hardly quote anyone without throwing out vulgar word ? You are a known liar.

I postulated Yrb over two years ago and 2021 you are catching up, Mr. Fake Muslim and fake Iṣẹṣé. Atleast, I decided to expose your lie publicly.

I actually wish you are a true scholar else I would look to the day I will see you and rubbished your falsification postulation openly but it is all in futility since you are only an e-warior . Therefore I Ieave you to your bitterness over people's views

None of you that I donot have knowledge of your strength,so let me let you question what you have no knowledge on.Afterall, I have openly declared the Otem's book wasn't read by me but I have seen the preview. What about you the critic ?

From the ongoing it is obvious that on Ifaodu,you have no knowledge. Yoruba's history from Ileife ,you have no knowledge. Odua personality , you have no knowledge. Oranmiyan's migration to Bini, you have no knowledge. But here you're boasting and tail wagging over what you have no knowledge.

Instead of bestowing upon yourself , humility, which is as a characteristic of omoluabi, you rant as if you know Ileife the source more than Oramfe descendants and Ogun descendants. Absolutely, you're full of shit without recourse from those who know more than you.

Honestly, I detest your your nonsensical post which abhor vulgar words and until you learn how to post message as a scholar, I shall continue to attack the content and not you.However, as a man is, so is his content. While you expect me to post your vulgar words, then you shall wait till eternity because everyone have knowledge of it all.

Lastly, wait and see what I intend to proof and you all, the enemies shall see what hebrew means in Ifaodu and you shall see why Yoruba kings are igba ikeji orisha.

I am omo odua
Omo ogun
Omo oranmiyan
Omo olajamisan
Omo olajadogun
Omo olafogido
Omo olusi
Omo odelu ikanbi....This is my heritage. What is your heritage ? Proof yourself, Mr. Liar. Fake Ifaodu initiate. You all denting Yoruba tradition shall be exposed at right time.

more expression of frustration. You have found friendship in A001 based solely on mutual hate for me grin cheesy
There is nothing i have said on this forum that i have not defended when questioned. You one the other hand have no sources, no facts just gibberish. someone who calls Ifa "ifaodu" all in a bid to try to make it closer in sound to hebrew "ephod" grin grin grin grin
Do you think i have forgotten this thread where i asked you simple questions on your purported hebrew origin for yorubas https://www.nairaland.com/4735900/unanswered-questions-yorubas-hebrew-heritage. 3 years and counting you are yet to answer those questions and present a good case for yoruba's hebrew origin as you claim , but yet i am the ignorant one about yoruba history and culture but you are? lmao grin
you who at your age with all your acclaimed yoruba heritage we are still teaching you how to write yoruba diacritics on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by Olu317(m): 8:36pm On Nov 04, 2021
macof:

more expression of frustration. You have found friendship in A001 based on mutual hate for me grin cheesy
There is nothing i have said on this forum that i have not defended when questioned. You one the other hand have no sources, no facts just gibberish. someone who calls Ifa "ifaodu" all in a bid to try to make it closer in sound to hebrew "ephod" grin grin grin grin
Do you think i have forgotten this thread where i asked you simple questions on your propulated hebrew origin for yorubas https://www.nairaland.com/4735900/unanswered-questions-yorubas-hebrew-heritage. 3 years and counting you are yet to answer those questions and present a good case for yoruba's hebrew origin as you claim , but yet i am the ignorant one about yoruba history and culture but you are? lmao grin

There s no where I seek friendship apart from liar as yourself. You are just a distraction. Seriously, go learn the rules of omoluabi.

I do not cherish quoting your earlier post on this thread of yester years because they are filled with non compliance fact cheesy grin. So, I need no friends but goodly people who have no hatred towards mankind as yourself. cool cool
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by A001: 8:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
Olu317:
No language has ever matched the Coptic language in the world expcept the language of Ifaodu and Yoruba's. Do your research on it.

The best the western researchers have done so far is to call the language an isolate language or call it a liturgy.

My question is, Can the same God who created the knowledge to understand Scroll, which is translated to byblos or to bible , have the language dies ? This is where facts lies.
I don't really know much about the Coptic language of Egyptians.
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by macof(m): 8:48pm On Nov 04, 2021
Olu317:
There s no where I seek friendship apart from liar as yourself. You are just a distraction. Seriously, go learn the rules of omoluabi.

I do not cherish quoting your earlier post on this thread of yester years because they are filled with non compliance fact cheesy grin. So, I need no friends but goodly people who have no hatred towards mankind as yourself. cool cool

Go and answer the questions on the thread. https://www.nairaland.com/4735900/unanswered-questions-yorubas-hebrew-heritage. your assignment of 3 years

they are questions based on your own posts not me stating facts. it is your job to do the facts that's why i opened the thread with questions for you to state the facts.. till now we never see the facts much like your new friend @A001 grin grin
instead you are monitoring me on nairaland and even trying to find out who i am offline. cheesy cheesy so obsessed

2 Likes

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by A001: 8:54pm On Nov 04, 2021
macof:

Go and answer the questions on the thread. https://www.nairaland.com/4735900/unanswered-questions-yorubas-hebrew-heritage. your assignment of 3 years

they are questions based on your own posts not me stating facts. it is your job to do the facts that's why i opened the thread with questions for you to state the facts.. till now we never see the facts much like your new friend @A001 grin grin
instead you are monitoring me on nairaland and even trying to find out who i am offline. cheesy cheesy so obsessed
I don't understand your obsession with my moniker these days.

The facts you seek are on various threads here on Nairaland, but it's obvious you're more concerned with making mischief and reaching conclusions about things you know very little about hastily and ignorantly.
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by Olu317(m): 9:17pm On Nov 04, 2021
macof:

I hear you grin angry cheesy. To use my work and turn it around and begin to ask me silly questions again and again.Squad àwọn liars.

Go do self research jáarè and stop poking nose on my work. If interested, then wait to purchase my book in the future. Àwọn alábòsi liars with empty boasting without ifaodu knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by Olu317(m): 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
A001:

I don't really know much about the Coptic language of Egyptians.
You need not to. Philipe Obenga has idea and wrote about it as it concerns Yoruba language having cognate with ancient Egyptians Coptic.

The Yoruba and Egyptian Linguistic Similarities
Language is a very important aspect of culture. It is the book of the people’s experience. According to Ferdinand de Saussure, the surest
to prove a cultural contact between peoples is to adduce linguistic evidence.

In his book titled (The General History of Africa) (1972),the author claimed that one of the largest inhabitants of Egypt were
Yoruboid (Yoruba), thus,with more than 500 vocabularies cognates as at 1972.
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by macof(m): 10:24pm On Nov 04, 2021
A001:

I don't understand your obsession with my moniker these days.

The facts you seek are on various threads here on Nairaland, but it's obvious you're more concerned with making mischief and reaching conclusions about things you know very little about hastily and ignorantly.
lmao. since you two have a few things in common all of a sudden, it was unavoidable to mention you. Interesting how i became the imaginative evil to bring you too boys together cheesy

lmao this is now funny. And again i am saying i have seen his threads. And i am yet to find Otem post any facts nor have you highlighted any. All we see are just "revelations" that he claimed he received from an egyptian God that is how @triplechoice asked him to define the power of coincidence and he ran away. Science is not a discipline built on revelations, it follows a scientific method not sophist mumbo-jumbo. So when i call it a good fiction and not facts nothing can be more true. Even you confirmed to me that he made up a fake language, just as you have said repeatedly when engaging others on his threads that his claims are not proven. So what facts are you talking about?
I would really have loved for you to show me the facts suggesting Olorun is an alien and later reincarnated homo sapiens ancestor of the yorubas and other claims like the floods of 198,000 years ago that destroyed documented histories of many civilisations

you find his claims interesting as you would find any good fiction that is all. You get carried away and support and affirm his claims but when questioned you are quick to be insulting and defensive as you are forced to concede and admit his statements are mere claims not facts

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by macof(m): 10:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
Olu317:
I hear you grin angry cheesy. To use my work and turn it around and begin to ask me silly questions again and again.Squad àwọn liars.

Go do self research jáarè and stop poking nose on my work. If interested, then wait to purchase my book in the future. Àwọn alábòsi liars with empty boasting without ifaodu knowledge.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
in other words just as 3 years ago you had no evidence that yoruba are hebrews you still have none today.
nairaland is where you do your work? grin grin

It is Ifá not "ifaodu" learn it today

2 Likes

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by Olu317(m): 11:12pm On Nov 04, 2021
macof:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
in other words just as 3 years ago you had no evidence that yoruba are hebrews you still have none today.
nairaland is where you do your work? grin grin

It is Ifá not "ifaodu" learn it today
Okay Baba Ifá. What is ifá and odù. Afterall , odù is part of ifá. Perhaps what is odù in-ifá (odùifá)? Utimately, you will speed off as usual because you cannot differentiate the two. Even as ignorant as you're, Egan exists also.

You see, I do these slighly to expose you and your inability to comprehend what is more important since English language is a problem for you. Heal yourself with which is better be phrase to posit, grin cheesy grin cheesy is water bottle is more accurate than bottle water? Plainly it is ifáodù. While odù in Ifá is corpus which has chapter-characters.

Oga macof, go learn to be vast in this area so as to be more Afrocentrism pro Africans from the humanity angle and not baseless egocentrism false claim. Mind you, Christianity has been in Africa-Asia before arriving in Europe. grin cheesy
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by macof(m): 12:12am On Nov 05, 2021
Olu317:
Okay Baba Ifá. What is ifá and odù. Afterall , odù is part of ifá. Perhaps what is odù in-ifá (odùifá)? Utimately, you will speed off as usual because you cannot differentiate the two. Even as ignorant as you're, Egan exists also.

You see, I do these slighly to expose you and your inability to comprehend what is more important since English language is a problem for you. Heal yourself with which is better be phrase to posit, grin cheesy grin cheesy is water bottle is more accurate than bottle water? Plainly it is ifáodù. While odù in Ifá is corpus which has chapter-characters.

Oga macof, go learn to be vast in this area so as to be more Afrocentrism pro Africans from the humanity angle and not baseless egocentrism false claim. Mind you, Christianity has been in Africa-Asia before arriving in Europe. grin cheesy
Why would i speed off? where have i ever ran away from questions

Odù Ifá (or Odù ninu Ifá: "odu in Ifa" as you rightly said) which is the literary corpus of Ifa, a sequence of information organised into 256 chapters. Before you can understand Odù Ifá you need to know what Ifá is, as they are not the exact same thing. Ifá is the entire system of divination of the Yoruba people and our neighbours, which includes the Odù-Ifá - the 256 chapters that is recited; the ọpọ́n Ifá which is the tray on which the divination is done; the Ọ̀pẹ̀lẹ̀ Ifá (or because of its popularity simply Ọ̀pẹ̀lẹ̀) used in place of ikin after a certain event in history (see Prof. Akinwumi Ogundiran - The Yoruba page 132-134)
then there is Odù which is different from "Odù Ifá", with Odù you have another deity who is said to be Orunmila's wife. It is this Odù that provides Babalawos with Igbá Odù, a power that is natural to women, therefore Babalawo (male) must receive it alongside Ifa during initiation

You can see "Ifa Divination: Communication Between Gods and Men in West Africa" by William Bascom

you and i both know why you mischieviously say "Ifaodu", as i mentioned it is to make it sound closer to the hebrew "ephod". Assuming you understood the yoruba language well you would have known the semantic difference between "Ifa Odu" and "odu Ifa"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by A001: 4:03am On Nov 05, 2021
macof:
lmao. since you two have a few things in common all of a sudden, it was unavoidable to mention you. Interesting how i became the imaginative evil to bring you too boys together cheesy

lmao this is now funny. And again i am saying i have seen his threads. And i am yet to find Otem post any facts nor have you highlighted any. All we see are just "revelations" that he claimed he received from an egyptian God that is how @triplechoice asked him to define the power of coincidence and he ran away. Science is not a discipline built on revelations, it follows a scientific method not sophist mumbo-jumbo. So when i call it a good fiction and not facts nothing can be more true. Even you confirmed to me that he made up a fake language, just as you have said repeatedly when engaging others on his threads that his claims are not proven. So what facts are you talking about?
I would really have loved for you to show me the facts suggesting Olorun is an alien and later reincarnated homo sapiens ancestor of the yorubas and other claims like the floods of 198,000 years ago that destroyed documented histories of many civilisations

you find his claims interesting as you would find any good fiction that is all. You get carried away and support and affirm his claims but when questioned you are quick to be insulting and defensive as you are forced to concede and admit his statements are mere claims not facts
I see that this Otem's issue is really getting you worked up seriously that's why you gave this lengthy reply to my short post.

You're actually wasting your time by pouring water into an empty basket because I didn't even bother to read the lengthy epistle.

I have made my conclusions on Otem's writings based on my research and findings and approach the book guided by that.

Whatever you think doesn't change the fact it's a book containing many historical facts and many unverified claims. If you feel like composing another thousand-word epistle to challenge that conclusion, you can go ahead.

When you're tired, you'll find some better to do with your time.
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by Olu317(m): 6:14am On Nov 05, 2021
macof:

Why would i speed off? where have i ever ran away from questions

Odù Ifá (or Odù ninu Ifá: "odu in Ifa" as you rightly said) which is the literary corpus of Ifa, a sequence of information organised into 256 chapters. Before you can understand Odù Ifá you need to know what Ifá is, as they are not the exact same thing. Ifá is the entire system of divination of the Yoruba people and our neighbours, which includes the Odù-Ifá - the 256 chapters that is recited; the ọpọ́n Ifá which is the tray on which the divination is done; the Ọ̀pẹ̀lẹ̀ Ifá (or because of its popularity simply Ọ̀pẹ̀lẹ̀) used in place of ikin after a certain event in history (see Prof. Akinwumi Ogundiran - The Yoruba page 132-134)
then there is Odù which is different from "Odù Ifá", with Odù you have another deity who is said to be Orunmila's wife. It is this Odù that provides Babalawos with Igbá Odù, a power that is natural to women, therefore Babalawo (male) must receive it alongside Ifa during initiation

You can see "Ifa Divination: Communication Between Gods and Men in West Africa" by William Bascom

you and i both know why you mischieviously say "Ifaodu", as i mentioned it is to make it sound closer to the hebrew "ephod". Assuming you understood the yoruba language well you would have known the semantic difference between "Ifa Odu" and "odu Ifa"

1.You didn't answer the question correctly apart from the answer I gave out earlier which you supported. What is Odù in ifáodù ? Igive out slight information on the birthing power associated with ọ̀rúnmìẹ̀làà

2.Professor Akinwumi's book has no praticabilty on Ifaodu on the meaning of òdù. Hence not needed.

3. Odù which is referred as wife of orunmiela gave birth to the sixteen (16) personalities in Ifaodu. It is that simple.

4. The other Odù is a Calabash which is used geographically as igbá. This igbá is the division of the calabash into two half realms in this context which represent heaven and earth from physical angle in a figurative form .

5. Ifaodu is the wisdom cum God which speaks from the void (òdù) of the spiritual realm of heaven and earth. In which the priest acknowledge as the voice of God to mankind. Hence, the standard form of the word and not semantic.

6. The identified written ideograms of the Classic Hebrew language is not 100% actually what guide my intuition for identifying the word ephod which is also known as ifad with other varieties. So I am iinline as I can read them since the ideograms are over 3000 years ago written account. While the transliteration is being understood by the world's earlier transliterations,despite the flaws in some interpretation.

7. Inother to disabuse your mind and others mind for your hatred for truth and NearEast , one day I shall post picture of a colour pope in Rome and oldest picture of Jesus-Yeshua-Èṣùiìwa.

8. Yoruba mentioned Seti as one of the earlier ifaodu founder but information as that were not supported because of lack of archeological evidence but today, there is a tomb found in Israel , which is over 3000 years having insignia on the coffin as from Egypt.

Note: A jùu'ra wa lọ bi ijakádi kọ̀. Therefore accept reality and not some fuming over what you have no knowledge on.This Classic Hebrew is not an English language nor history. So, do not consider yourself having knowledge of it until you intend to start class of it.
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by macof(m): 1:24am On Nov 06, 2021
Olu317:

1.You didn't answer the question correctly apart from the answer I gave out earlier which you supported. What is Odù in ifáodù ? Igive out slight information on the birthing power associated with ọ̀rúnmìẹ̀làà

2.Professor Akinwumi's book has no praticabilty on Ifaodu on the meaning of òdù. Hence not needed.

3. Odù which is referred as wife of orunmiela gave birth to the sixteen (16) personalities in Ifaodu. It is that simple.

4. The other Odù is a Calabash which is used geographically as igbá. This igbá is the division of the calabash into two half realms in this context which represent heaven and earth from physical angle in a figurative form .

5. Ifaodu is the wisdom cum God which speaks from the void (òdù) of the spiritual realm of heaven and earth. In which the priest acknowledge as the voice of God to mankind. Hence, the standard form of the word and not semantic.

6. The identified written ideograms of the Classic Hebrew language is not 100% actually what guide my intuition for identifying the word ephod which is also known as ifad with other varieties. So I am iinline as I can read them since the ideograms are over 3000 years ago written account. While the transliteration is being understood by the world's earlier transliterations,despite the flaws in some interpretation.

7. Inother to disabuse your mind and others mind for your hatred for truth and NearEast , one day I shall post picture of a colour pope in Rome and oldest picture of Jesus-Yeshua-Èṣùiìwa.

8. Yoruba mentioned Seti as one of the earlier ifaodu founder but information as that were not supported because of lack of archeological evidence but today, there is a tomb found in Israel , which is over 3000 years having insignia on the coffin as from Egypt.

Note: A jùu'ra wa lọ bi ijakádi kọ̀. Therefore accept reality and not some fuming over what you have no knowledge on.This Classic Hebrew is not an English language nor history. So, do not consider yourself having knowledge of it until you intend to start class of it.

1. grin grin what is this for Goodness sake? very funny how it is only the part i said you rightly stated that got you excited.
here again is the answer to your question, I have even rearranged it so even you should be able to comprehend
macof:

there are two things that come to mind in relation to the word "Odù"

1. Odù Ifá or Odù ninu Ifá: "odu in Ifa"
which is the literary corpus of Ifa, a sequence of information organised into 256 chapters. This is an element within the general system of Ifá, it is not an interchangeable name with "Ifá" as you are erroneously doing
2. Odù the Òrìṣà
which is different from "Odù Ifá", with Odù you have another deity who is said to be Orunmila's wife. It is this Odù that provides Babalawos with Igbá Odù (Odu's calabash), a power that is said to be natural to women, therefore Babalawo (male) receive it alongside Ifa during initiation
I asked you to get the book by Bascom, as it has all this detail in it. But here is also a video of Baba Ifatokun Jayeola explaining Igbá Odù

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLPh9Ojjkxc

so Odù Ifá is part of Ifá but it is not Ifá itself, Ifá is a generality consisting of several elements, Odù Ifá is a specific element. I don't know what your level of education is but maybe think of Sets and Subsets

2. Page 132-134 of "The Yoruba: A new History" by Prof. Ogundiran explains the history behind the current prominence of Ọ̀pẹ̀lẹ̀. I mentioned this because i choose to respect Ikin by mentioning it too
If you are still looking for the explanation of the word "Odù" in its several uses watch this video of Baba Elebuibon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwfOqqmJKfU
in the words of Baba "many who do not understand the yoruba language mistake the word Odù"
He was referring to people such as yourself Olu

Everything else is jargon. Òrìṣà Odù did not give birth to the 16 principal Odù-Ifá or whatever it is you mean by "16 personalities of Ifaodu". There is no direct link known in the tradition. Again, watch Baba Elebuibon's explanation. What has a direct link to Òrìṣà Odù is the Igbá Odù
There is no narrative of Seti anywhere in Yorubaland. Perhaps what you mean is "Setilu" mentioned in Samuel Johnson's book as a Nupe man who introduced Ifá to yorubas, which also has no basis.

1 Like

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by macof(m): 2:10am On Nov 06, 2021
A001:

I see that this Otem's issue is really getting you worked up seriously that's why you gave this lengthy reply to my short post.

You're actually wasting your time by pouring water into an empty basket because I didn't even bother to read the lengthy epistle.

I have made my conclusions on Otem's writings based on my research and findings and approach the book guided by that.

Whatever you think doesn't change the fact it's a book containing many historical facts and many unverified claims. If you feel like composing another thousand-word epistle to challenge that conclusion, you can go ahead.
a comment of 11 lines, and about the same length as a sonnet is what you call lengthy? lmao cheesy it is not lengthy you are only out of words and lack substance, you shouldn't have allowed the conversation to take a bad turn just because your master's genius was questioned or maybe there is more to it.

why is your immediate thought to someone making a comment that they are worked up. why would i be worked up because of your master? is he that powerful? grin

Ah thank goodness you know to compare yourself to an empty basket. I assure you, if anything you are only embarrasing yourself, whether you read it or not is not my aim, but to emphasize on the ridiculousness of your position so others might be enlightend.

The only thing to challenge that conclusion is simply - state the facts. a simple tasks which you have not been able to do

When you're tired, you'll find some better to do with your time
You need that advice more than me, worry about your time and problems and stop picking fights with people over otem

I believe i have made the point very clear
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by Olu317(m): 3:03am On Nov 06, 2021
macof:

1. grin grin what is this for Goodness sake? very funny how it is only the part i said you rightly stated that got you excited.
here again is the answer to your question, I have even rearranged it so even you should be able to comprehend

I asked you to get the book by Bascom, as it has all this detail in it. But here is also a video of Baba Ifatokun Jayeola explaining Igbá Odù

so Odù Ifá is part of Ifá but it is not Ifá itself, Ifá is a generality consisting of several elements, Odù Ifá is a specific element. I don't know what your level of education is but maybe think of Sets and Subsets

2. Page 132-134 of "The Yoruba: A new History" by Prof. Ogundiran explains the history behind the current prominence of Ọ̀pẹ̀lẹ̀. I mentioned this because i choose to respect Ikin by mentioning it too
If you are still looking for the explanation of the word "Odù" in its several uses watch this video of Baba Elebuibon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwfOqqmJKfU
in the words of Baba "many who do not understand the yoruba language mistake the word Odù"
He was referring to people such as yourself Olu

Everything else is jargon. Òrìṣà Odù did not give birth to the 16 principal Odù-Ifá or whatever it is you mean by "16 personalities [/b]of Ifaodu". There is no direct link known in the tradition. Again, watch Baba Elebuibon's explanation. What has a direct link to Òrìṣà Odù is the Igbá Odù
There is no narrative of [b]Seti
anywhere in Yorubaland. Perhaps what you mean is "Setilu" mentioned in Samuel Johnson's book as a Nupe man who introduced Ifá to yorubas, which also has no basis.
@the bolded makes me laugh because you actually blew it. Please stop making mockery of yourself so go learn from ifa priest who or what Odu the mother of odus in ifaodu, the supposedly wife of orunmiela . Therefore stop lying as if you know jack about this. grin cheesy grin because you do not know.

Secondly, so Seti and Setilu aren't cognate grin cheesy ? Then you mean Nimrod and Lamurudu aren't cognate grin cheesy ? Seriously, I have nothing deep to explain to you on it. Meanwhile , omolewa 2008 acknowledged in his work, Borgu people as being part of ancient Egyptians.....So also Florence Shaw acknowledged Egyptians travelled down to Niger axis in West Africa so also other scholars.

Thirdly, go meet ifaodu priest to teach this and stop quoting bascom because the ifa priest whom you mentioned actually recited many odus for over five hours cheesy and ne'er explain what odu, wife of orunmiela is grin cheesy angry.

Obviously,you do not as usual but fuming as if you know, simply because you went online picking up authors to support your false views. The authors you mentioned didn't explain odu.

Beside, which one is Odu is not part of ifaodu ? Lmao. So they are element! grin. While drowning on your ignorance make it obvious that you do not know much because your own education background is doubtful. Afterall, this line is always your defense grin

Even among priests, your statement is to rediculous and shameful because, odu in ifaodu have arrangement but do I need to go deep on it ? Ofcourse no, so let me see how your own element exist as the sixteen individual that makeup the chapters in ifaodu

Even apart, from opele, there are other form of divination systems in Yoruba land grin,so stop pushing opele affront as it if it is the only alternative to ikin divinatory system. And I am doubtful if you even know how opele came into existence. In plain term, stop moving in wobbling ways and go learn Ifaodu, Mr. Professor from the moon.

Below screenshots acknowledged ifaodu and ephod. A simple google will aid to know the meaning of ephod and it alternative grin variation.

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by A001: 7:04am On Nov 06, 2021
macof:
a comment of 11 lines, and about the same length as a sonnet is what you call lengthy? lmao cheesy it is not lengthy you are only out of words and lack substance, you shouldn't have allowed the conversation to take a bad turn just because your master's genius was questioned or maybe there is more to it.
If you've issues with Otem, go to his thread and state them.

That's what mature people do, not calling me petty names like the highlighted, which only exists in your head.

If I mention several fans of Otem on this thread, they'll just laugh at all these silly posts you make about his writings, which encourage people to question all knowledge, doctrines, and philosophies.

In fact, that's one of the central teachings in the book.
macof:

why is your immediate thought to someone making a comment that they are worked up. why would i be worked up because of your master? is he that powerful? grin
Take your childish e-fights elsewhere oga, and stop derailing this thread with whatever issues you've with Otem.

Stop derailing the thread with your mischievous posts.
macof:

You need that advice more than me, worry about your time and problems and stop picking fights with people over otem
Whatever you think about Otem is your palaver. That's not my business or concern.

My own grouse is you derailing this thread with your rantings.
macof:

I believe i have made the point very clear
You've not made any point actually. You've only derailed the thread.

Anyone that reads the book and researches the author's claims will either become an agnostic or an atheist. More and more people are requesting it on Nairaland.

Check his threads. Whatever points you think you've made are really of no use and are nothing new.

Each reader makes their own conclusions about the literature and the author independently, and all these silly insinuations like master, cult, powerful only exist in the mind of mischievous people, not in reality.
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by macof(m): 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2021
A001:

If you've issues with Otem, go to his thread and state them.

That's what mature people do, not calling me petty names like the highlighted, which only exists in your head.

If I mention several fans of Otem on this thread, they'll just laugh at all these silly posts you make about his writings, which encourage people to question all knowledge, doctrines, and philosophies.

In fact, that's one of the central teachings in the book.

Take your childish e-fights elsewhere oga, and stop derailing this thread with whatever issues you've with Otem.

Stop derailing the thread with your mischievous posts.

Whatever you think about Otem is your palaver. That's not my business or concern.

My own grouse is you derailing this thread with your rantings.

You've not made any point actually. You've only derailed the thread.

Anyone that reads the book and researches the author's claims will either become an agnostic or an atheist. More and more people are requesting it on Nairaland.

Check his threads. Whatever points you think you've made are really of no use and are nothing new.

Each reader makes their own conclusions about the literature and the author independently, and all these silly insinuations like master, cult, powerful only exist in the mind of mischievous people, not in reality.
again:
macof:

Ah thank goodness you know to compare yourself to an empty basket. I assure you, if anything you are only embarrasing yourself, whether you read it or not is not my aim, but to emphasize on the ridiculousness of your position so others might be enlightend.

The only thing to challenge that conclusion is simply - state the facts. a simple tasks which you have not been able to do

since you yourself know you are like an empty basket, it is no surprise you did not catch the point

1 Like

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2021
macof:

again:
since you yourself know you are like an empty basket, it is no surprise you did not catch the point
There can never be any agreement in false religion no matter how you people try because the one and only person who can bring people together under one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers is Jesus of Nazareth, he is using his modern day followers Jehovah's Witnesses to do that now.
All other schools of thought will continue to see this group as the one and only global family of worshipers who have LOVE, JOY and PEACE permeating their gathering. Matthew 5:13-16 smiley
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by A001: 2:17pm On Nov 06, 2021
Better to avoid some childish and petty comments on Nairaland.
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by macof(m): 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2021
Olu317:

1. @the bolded makes me laugh because you actually blew it. Please stop making mockery of yourself so go learn from ifa priest who or what Odu the mother of odus in ifaodu, the supposedly wife of orunmiela . Therefore stop lying as if you know jack about this. grin cheesy grin because you do not know.

2. Secondly, so Seti and Setilu aren't cognate grin cheesy ? Then you mean Nimrod and Lamurudu aren't cognate grin cheesy ? Seriously, I have nothing deep to explain to you on it. Meanwhile , omolewa 2008 acknowledged in his work, Borgu people as being part of ancient Egyptians.....So also Florence Shaw acknowledged Egyptians travelled down to Niger axis in West Africa so also other scholars.

3. Thirdly, go meet ifaodu priest to teach this and stop quoting bascom because the ifa priest whom you mentioned actually recited many odus for over five hours cheesy and ne'er explain what odu, wife of orunmiela is grin cheesy angry.

1. Which Ifa priest told you that Òrìṣà Odù gave birth to the Odù-Ifá? I have told you to stop trying to force a connection solely based on similar sounding names, you do this all the time. What Ifa priest can confirm what you are saying?
again i will repeat, the only property of Òrìṣà Odù that Babalawos use is the Igbá Odù, and only men can use it, an Iyanifa (female Babalawo) cannot.

here is another video of Baba Elebuibon explaining futher on Odù

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFsEaXg82zE

Learn something for once in your life Olu and stop arguing senselessly

2. Your problem is that you are too unintelligent to realise that cognates are not "similar sounding words" but words that share a common derivation.. that is cognates do not have to sound alike.. They can be as different sounding as "helm" as in "helmet" in english and "celare" as in concelare in Latin from where we get conceal. ..therefore Helmet and Conceal are cognates because they have the same derivation from the Proto-indo-european word *Kel

Further reading:
https://www.etymonline.com/word/helm

There is no such common derivation in Seti and Setilu
first of all i don't give a damn about "setilu" because it was only made famous by Samuel Johnson, and even he said it is just one narrative he heard about the origin of Ifa. Where he got the said narrative nobody knows because there is no tradition of Setilu in yorubaland

Lamurudu is a West african (not just yoruba) corruption of the arabic Namrud, so of course it is a cognate to "Nimrod" as "Namrud" is the arabic rendition of "Nimrod".
But this has nothing to do with Seti (actually "Sethi" ) or Johnson's Setilu. Nor does Sethi and Setilu have anything to do with Borgu.

However, i am interested to know what work from Omolewa you are talking about and what evidence were presented to back up such an "acknowledgement" concerning the Borgu people.

3. I never quoted Bascom.. I "referenced" Bascom. Please note the difference.
I have also presented videos of Babalawos explaining Odù

4. Obviously,you do not as usual but fuming as if you know, simply because you went online picking up authors to support your false views. The authors you mentioned didn't explain odu.

5. Beside, which one is Odu is not part of ifaodu ? Lmao. So they are element! grin. While drowning on your ignorance make it obvious that you do not know much because your own education background is doubtful. Afterall, this line is always your defense grin

6. Even among priests, your statement is to rediculous and shameful because, odu in ifaodu have arrangement but do I need to go deep on it ? Ofcourse no, so let me see how your own element exist as the sixteen individual that makeup the chapters in ifaodu

4. All you need to know concerning the difference between Odù-Ifá and Odù has already been explained
My mention of Bascom's Ifa Divination: Communication Between Gods and Men in West Africa page 81 - 84 and the 3 videos i shared were simply for references.

you can also go online to pick your own authors, you can also go to a library or book store to buy books so you know how to make references.
I make references to cite where i got the information or an older more experienced scholar than myself who also has the same information instead of me saying something and expecting people to just take my word for it.

references are powerful because it is expected that a scholar would not publish a work unless he has done proper research otherwise he would be risking his reputation. also most academic publications are subjected to peer review and you can even get some review report to have an idea of the criticisms and commendations before you trust the publication.

5. smh. this is what i said
macof:

so Odù Ifá is part of Ifá but it is not Ifá itself, Ifá is a generality consisting of several elements, Odù Ifá is a specific element
if you do not know how to respond, just don't respond instead of this nonsense

6. I have shared videos of 2 babalawos, some of the most renowned in the world by the way.. One being the very revered Araba of Osogbo and the other the Aare Isese of Oyo. Both of them backing what i have posted here

7. Even apart, from opele, there are other form of divination systems in Yoruba land grin,so stop pushing opele affront as it if it is the only alternative to ikin divinatory system. And I am doubtful if you even know how opele came into existence. In plain term, stop moving in wobbling ways and go learn Ifaodu, Mr. Professor from the moon.

8. Below screenshots acknowledged ifaodu and ephod. A simple google will aid to know the meaning of ephod and it alternative grin variation.

7. In essence you just said nothing. you are just looking for what to tackle in my posts.
Btw, Ọ̀pẹ̀lẹ̀ is not a divination system. Ifá is the divination system and Ọ̀pẹ̀lẹ̀ is merely a tool. The only thing that can be argued to be another system of divination is Erindinlogun which is used and customized with all other Òrìṣà... however it is still derived from Ifá, so some people still argue that it is all one system.

If you watch this video you would have seen the Baba's white Ọ̀pẹ̀lẹ̀ which he even talks about.

I really don't know why you always try to takle what i say when you do not have any actual point, just "oh you are wrong, because it is you that said it" lmao grin

8. please explain what you are trying to say here and with your screenshot. Because i hope you know that the hebrew Ephod is not a divination system but a cloth? it is a sacred cloth worn by hebrew priests, often containing or holding a pouch where the Urim and Thummim were kept. The closest equivalent to Ephod in yoruba culture would be the Aso Ala (sacred white cloth).

Ifa on the other hand is not a cloth or any kind of object but an intangible entity....it is a system not an object you can hold or touch or wear

So again the lesson of trying to stop forcing different things together solely based on similar sounding names is important here
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by macof(m): 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

There can never be any agreement in false religion no matter how you people try because the one and only person who can bring people together under one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers is Jesus of Nazareth, he is using his modern day followers Jehovah's Witnesses to do that now.
All other schools of thought will continue to see this group as the one and only global family of worshipers who have LOVE, JOY and PEACE permeating their gathering. Matthew 5:13-16 smiley
don't you think it is disrespectful and hateful to call other traditions false religion? what makes yours true religion?
lmao i hope you realise that christitianity has many denominations all of you swearing to be confused inspired by the holy spirit

btw, the two guys who i was arguing with are not practitioners of an African tradition. One is an Otem boy, the other is a Hebrew wannabe, he is much closer to you than me
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by A001: 4:50pm On Nov 06, 2021
macof:

[s]don't you think it is disrespectful and hateful to call other traditions false religion? what makes yours true religion?
lmao i hope you realise that christitianity has many denominations all of you swearing to be by the holy spirit

btw, the two guys who i was arguing with are not practitioners of an African tradition. One is an Otem boy, the other is a Hebrew wannabe, he is much closer to you than me[/s] I need psychiatric help and attention
It seems you can't make any post here without mentioning Otem or referring to me directly or indirectly.

It seems you're suffering from a mental disorder. If not, then you'll stop courting attention like a child.

Keep embarrassing yourself in public by crying over a single author out of the different authors I mentioned here. Better get your brain checked by a psychiatrist because it's obvious something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:11pm On Nov 06, 2021
macof:

don't you think it is disrespectful and hateful to call other traditions false religion? what makes yours true religion?
True religion should help people to have LOVE, JOY and PEACE reign in their gathering.
Since humans are imperfect (prone to errors) we stumble in words and actions many times so having issues due to disparities is inevitable but with the true religion adherents will work out LOVE, JOY and PEACE so that they can resolve whatever comes up due to their imperfection amicably without having to pick up weapons against one another!
That's the import of true religion with a powerful deity making the adherents see one another as one family. But if this is not possible then such a religion is FALSE!

macof:

lmao i hope you realise that christitianity has many denominations all of you swearing to be confused inspired by the holy spirit

btw, the two guys who i was arguing with are not practitioners of an African tradition. One is an Otem boy, the other is a Hebrew wannabe, he is much closer to you than me

That's what you were taught or you want to believe. Christianity is about a first century Jewish carpenter who later became a teacher in spirituality. Instead of ignorantly calling all sects claiming Christians "CHRISTIANS" why not pick up a Bible read what the man Jesus said word for word then look for the group PRACTICING what Jesus taught? smiley

Re: Idol Worshipping In IṢẸṢE Is Propaganda by macof(m): 6:24pm On Nov 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

True religion should help people to have LOVE, JOY and PEACE reign in their gathering.
Since humans are imperfect (prone to errors) we stumble in words and actions many times so having issues due to disparities is inevitable but with the true religion adherents will work out LOVE, JOY and PEACE so that they can resolve whatever comes up due to their imperfection amicably without having to pick up weapons against one another!
That's the import of true religion with a powerful deity making the adherents see one another as one family. But if this is not possible then such a religion is FALSE!

That's what you were taught or you want to believe. Christianity is about a first century Jewish carpenter who later became a teacher in spirituality. Instead of ignorantly calling all sects claiming Christians "CHRISTIANS" why not pick up a Bible read what the man Jesus said word for word then look for the group PRACTICING what Jesus taught? smiley

Technically all that a true religion has to fulfill is to be based on fact and reality. A true religion if we are to take the definition seriously should not be determined by political or social factors or by sentiments but by experience and perception of reality. So a true religion would tell you plainly what is real whether it gives you joy or not...it is up to you to make peace with the facts.

so i insist it is highly disrepectful to call your religion a true religion and others false. when you cannot show how your religion is better grounded on the fact and reality of existence

lol. with this i can tell you are jehovah witness. are you aware that the gospels were not the words of jesus? but that of people who came long after his supposed lifetime?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Fight Your Battles On Your Knees / we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. / Witchcraft Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.