Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" (9208 Views)

Dear Nigerian's, Do You Know The Meaning Of These Symbols / Music: God Alone ~ Mike Abdul Ft. Kenny K'ore / Leave Men Of God Alone!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by alfredpoto: 11:44pm On Mar 29, 2009
Hey dat was not Jesus talkin it was God in him talkin
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by Maykelly(f): 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2009
John 14:6
Jesus said to him, "I am the WAY, and the TRUTH, and the LIFE, No one comes to the Father except through me.
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by vanitty: 3:07pm On Mar 30, 2009
I think it means that we are all sinners.
God doesn't. He is all pure
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by simmy(m): 10:24am On Aug 13, 2009
funny enuff afta so many pages of replies no has really answered the original question.
What did Jesus mean by "y r u calling me good? no 1 is good xcept God"
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by alimat2(f): 10:51am On Aug 13, 2009
A genie and candid answer is needed here by a knowledgeable xtian and nt one that will call names or pass insults
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by simmy(m): 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2009
well i guess Jesus was referring to his humanity. Remember the bible recorded that Jesus didnt want to die on the cross. He prayed to God to 'let the cup pass over him' but still gave in to God's desire. So i think Jesus was referring to the fact that as a human being he had human weaknesses at that time
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by NNS83: 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2009
I agree with Simmy.
I asked my Pastor about this passage about 1 month ago during our bible study and he said that Jesus was referring to Himself in the context of being human as He was in human form so in a way He could not claim to be good. Though HE is God but in the same breath He was man.
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by alimat2(f): 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2009
NNS83:

I agree with Simmy.
I asked my Pastor about this passage about 1 month ago during our bible study and he said that Jesus was referring to Himself in the context of being human as He was in human form so in a way He could not claim to be good. Though HE is God but in the same breath He was man.

shocked shocked shocked, It soundssomehow confussion

Did u ask ur pastor that is Jesus the same God Abraham, moses, noah and the other men of God in the old testament serve?
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by NNS83: 3:09pm On Aug 13, 2009
God the Father , Son & Holy Spirit are One, and He is the God of Abraham, Moses and Noah and still is the same God. Read John 1 v 1 , it should give you some clarity.

God bless
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by alimat2(f): 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2009
Meaning that Abraham, jacob, issac , moses etc serves Jesus grin shocked
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by muhsin(m): 3:33pm On Aug 13, 2009
Just have my funniest moment on Nairaland!

Thumb up! grin grin grin
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by simmy(m): 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2009
alimat 2:

errm? yer? i dont see the confusion here. Jesus was God in the sense that He and God are one. the bible says All will bow at his feet thru the authority given to him by God. So, yes Abe, jocob nd moses serve and served Jesus
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:08pm On Aug 20, 2009
alimat 2:

Jesus had this conversation with some far to see and sad to see unbelievers in John 8:56-58

"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was gladThen said the Jews to Him, You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?  Jesus said to them, Verily, verily, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am."

Jesus was affirming that He was God manifest in the flesh.  He is the Great "I AM", the Eternal One who revealed Himself to Moses in the burning bush -- Exodus 3:14.

So, if no one is good, Jesus who is fully human and fully deity has declared Himself God, the second Person in the Godhead.
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by Truthonly(m): 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2009
The account in Luke 18:18-20 was a communication that upset Jesus. The ruler was a self-righteous fellow that needed some enlightenment.

The ruler came believing he was a good man(and qualified before God) because he kept the 10 commandments.
So he referred to Jesus as a fellow good man. But Jesus wanted to differentiate Himself from the ruler and
teach him that He (Jesus)was not a man and that no man is good before God.

You see, Jesus was the way to man's peace with God. His mission on earth was to reconcile man to God the Father
through death. So seeing a man who thought those 10 commandments would save him got Him pissed,

so He showed him there were greater criterion beyond the 10 commandments that he was acquainted with.
So He said 'Sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, ' Off-course Mr. self-righteous could not achieve that.

Read further; Galatians 2:16
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by olabowale(m): 8:04pm On Aug 21, 2009
@Simmy: « #75 on: Yesterday at 03:31:32 PM »
Quote from: alimat 2 on August 13, 2009, 03:15 PM
Meaning that Abraham, jacob, issac , moses etc serves Jesus

errm? yer? i dont see the confusion here. Jesus was God in the sense that He and God are one. the bible says All will bow at his feet thru the authority given to him by God. So, yes Abe, jocob nd moses serve and served Jesus
Take off your opague glasses my man. There is no where that Jesus said that these men served him, before he was born. There was no verse in the Bible that pointed to any of them saying that he served Jesus. They said, always that their Lord God the Creator was unique, and very much unlike human. Jesus was human, at one point was unknown. God was always known. Jesus was born and helpless at one time. God was never in either positions. God was always in authority. Jesus was at one time not in authority. God was never helpless and needed any anyone. Jesus was helpless at least needing his mother. God never was humiliated. Read your Bible, it recorded the humilation suffered by Jesus from the hand of Jewish gangsters who you said hung him! God never dies. You said that Jesus died when he was nailed to the cross!

Moses who heard the voice of his Lord through the burning bush which the vegetation was not consumed, he did not see God! Jesus was seen by many many people; as a child, helpless in mom's hand. At the toddler and preteenager age. At the ages of up to the point that he became strong enough to fend for himself. Even then, we read that he asked people for food! Is any of the things that I point your heart to to reflect upon about Jesus the Quality of the Cherisher of all creations? Of course not!

Your claim that Jesus was God is of your own desire and there is no truth to it!
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by olabowale(m): 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2009
@Olaadegbu: « #76 on: Yesterday at 04:08:17 PM »
Jesus had this conversation with some far to see and sad to see unbelievers in John 8:56-58

"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. Then said the Jews to Him, You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham? Jesus said to them, Verily, verily, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am."
Before Abraham, Olaadegbu, I Olabowale, I am. Proof: When Adam was created, and prior to Eve's creation, all the Souls of the mankind (Children of Adam, including Eve), were removed from his body. These souls were in "spiritual state" until each person is born, body and soul. Only Adam and Eve were created, and not born! In the state of Spiritual condition, my soul existed even before Eve was created, and definitely before Abraham was born, and for certain before Jesus was born by Mary! Now thats a better explanation that your supposition.

Jesus was affirming that He was God manifest in the flesh. He is the Great "I AM", the Eternal One who revealed Himself to Moses in the burning bush -- Exodus 3:14.

So, if no one is good, Jesus who is fully human and fully deity has declared Himself God, the second Person in the Godhead.
No proof that Jesus was ever eternal! Eternal being does not die! Angels are not dead yet, are they eternal, too? There death will come before Judgement day, just the same way they were created before mankind was created at the beginning! Satan is not dead, yet. Does that mean that he is eternal, too?Of course not. He will be killed by the Angel of death. Angel of death himself will die and only Allah the Creator will remain, alone. Jesus, according to you died. I said he has not died, yet. His death will finally happen on earth, in his "return"! Jesus is no God and you know it, but it is easier for your heart to deny One Single God, except you love 3 gods!
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by Recognise: 8:40pm On Aug 21, 2009
Olabowale:

@Simmy: « #75 on: Yesterday at 03:31:32 PM »
Take off your opague glasses my man. There is no where that Jesus said that these men served him, before he was born. There was no verse in the Bible that pointed to any of them saying that he served Jesus. They said, always that their Lord God the Creator was unique, and very much unlike human. Jesus was human, at one point was unknown. God was always known. Jesus was born and helpless at one time. God was never in either positions. God was always in authority. Jesus was at one time not in authority. God was never helpless and needed any anyone. Jesus was helpless at least needing his mother. God never was humiliated. Read your Bible, it recorded the humilation suffered by Jesus from the hand of Jewish gangsters who you said hung him! God never dies. You said that Jesus died when he was nailed to the cross!

Moses who heard the voice of his Lord through the burning bush which the vegetation was not consumed, he did not see God! Jesus was seen by many many people; as a child, helpless in mom's hand. At the toddler and preteenager age. At the ages of up to the point that he became strong enough to fend for himself. Even then, we read that he asked people for food! Is any of the things that I point your heart to to reflect upon about Jesus the Quality of the Cherisher of all creations? Of course not!

Your claim that Jesus was God is of your own desire and there is no truth to it!

@ Olabowale

- Olabowale

grin I haven't had the liberty of personally welcoming you back from your sabbatical . . .  smiley

Welcome back bro . . . Nice to have you back, to have you back is nice . . .

Couple of questions please . . . grin

1) Is there anything impossible for GOD?

2) Is GOD too proud to be "humiliated" coining your phrase?

3) Is it impossible for GOD to turn up legally & operate on earth the right way for that matter?

4) Is it impossible for GOD to render Himself vulnerable to the point of weakness for example?

5) Is it impossible for GOD to become a "Son of man" grin & be subjected to the whims & mercy of man?

6) Is it impossible for GOD to be in more than one place at the same time?

7) Is GOD omnipotent at all? . . .

Lets go over these sevens for now . . .
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by Truthonly(m): 1:38pm On Aug 22, 2009
The account in Luke 18:18-20 was a communication that upset Jesus. The ruler was a self-righteous fellow that needed some enlightenment.

The ruler came believing he was a good man(and qualified before God) because he kept the 10 commandments.
So he referred to Jesus as a fellow good man. But Jesus wanted to differentiate Himself from the ruler and

You see, Jesus was the way to man's peace with God. His mission on earth was to reconcile man to God the Father
through death. So seeing a man who thought those 10 commandments would save him got Him pissed,

so He showed him there were greater criterion beyond the 10 commandments that he was acquainted with.
So He said 'Sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, ' Off-course Mr. self-righteous could not achieve that.

Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by olabowale(m): 6:48pm On Aug 22, 2009
@Recognise: Thanks for your best wishes. I wish you same and even better thanwhat you wish me. I pray that Allah soften your heart to accept Islam, the deen of Allah on human beings. Now to your questions.

1) Is there anything impossible for GOD?: Unless He does not want to do it, based on His Position as the Creator. Impossibility is for creations

2) Is GOD too proud to be "humilated" coining your phrase? : Pride belongs to Allah alone. Those humans who say they have pride are liars

3) Is it impossible for GOD to turn up legally & operate on earth the right way for that matter?: The earth is meant for creations

4) Is it impossible for GOD to render Himself vulnerable to the point of weakness for example?: Creations are weak. Creator is never weak

5) Is it impossible for GOD to become a "Son of man" & be subjected to the whims & mercy of man? No. man is a creation, Adam is the first

6) Is it impossible for GOD to be in more than one place at the same time? : From His Honored Position, He see, knows, hears everything all in one go

7) Is GOD omnipotent at all? . . . : The Onmipotence is consistence to His Supremacy, Power, Knowledge, Creative ability, never dying
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by Recognise: 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2009
Olabowale:

@Recognise: Thanks for your best wishes. I wish you same and even better than what you wish me.

I pray that Allah soften your heart to accept Islam, the deen of Allah on human beings. Now to your questions.

1) Is there anything impossible for GOD?:
Unless He does not want to do it, based on His Position as the Creator. Impossibility is for creations

2) Is GOD too proud to be "humiliated" coining your phrase? :
Pride belongs to Allah alone. Those humans who say they have pride are liars

3) Is it impossible for GOD to turn up legally & operate on earth the right way for that matter?:
The earth is meant for creations

4) Is it impossible for GOD to render Himself vulnerable to the point of weakness for example?:
Creations are weak. Creator is never weak

5) Is it impossible for GOD to become a "Son of man"  & be subjected to the whims & mercy of man?
No. man is a creation, Adam is the first

6) Is it impossible for GOD to be in more than one place at the same time? :
From His Honored Position, He see, knows, hears everything all in one go

7) Is GOD omnipotent at all? . . . :
The Onmipotence is consistence to His Supremacy, Power, Knowledge, Creative ability, never dying

@Olabowale

- Olabowale

Some interesting responses there grin

Thanks for obliging, thanks for the accomodation and your sincere responses

grin Your prayer though, yeah, sincere, borders on the wishful thing line grin

Sorry, that kind of prayer or wish hasnt got the chance of ice in hell grin

Anyways that is another matter on its own.

Right lets get back to the original matter in hand

Please answer the questions in binaries

Only question #5 has a binary response backed up or followed with justifications

It was nice having the back ups because it preempts me needing to ask you for them - Thanks smiley

It is imperative, we need binaries for questions #1); #2); #3) #4) #6) & #7) to precede your responses or answers

After you"ve responded, we'll take it from there . . .
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by olabowale(m): 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2009
@Recognised: I am always wishing people, in my sincere mind, the best. I know how difficult life can be and the worst life will seems like paradise when such a life is compared to the punishment of Hell.

1). As I have stated, there are two categories; The Creator, alone and the rest are the Creations. The Creator, God will not do somethings for example. He forbids them for Himself, so he restricts Himself from them. One of them is Injustices. Another is partnership. If there is a partner, then the Unique position of Himself as the sole Creator is not there, hence you may have a tug of war between two bosses! This single idea destroys Trinity. Now as to if there is Impossibility for God: my answer stands as stated above. There are things that do not fit His Majesty. Why do them, even if it is not difficult to be done. It is impossible that it will ever happen. Lets look at it this way: a real man will not want to be a woman, or ask another man to mount him. You will never find a King in the royal clothing doing the cleaning of his palace while the citixens are looking on.

2). Is humiliation a befitting experience for a king, by his subject? Does it make sense for President Obama comes out on the White House lawn and says to a citizen to pelter him with raw eggs, just because he is trying to show how noble the occupant of the Oval office is? No. This simple thing sets him apart. Then compare that to the Creator! What is the point of subjecting Himself to humiliation, okay humility when He is the Sole Forgiver of all sins?

3). Is it not Majestic enough by His Mercy that He sent Human Messenger/Prophets to Humans, proiding complete guidance, to avoid sins and punishment and seeking His Mercy and Forgiveness, guaranteed by simple humanly possible deeds? Allah did not request of us anything impossible, hence there is no need to act as a man, just to proof a point, whereas the Human prophets, your kind are not adequate, if it is true that you wish to belief?
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by Recognise: 9:50pm On Aug 22, 2009
Olabowale:

@Recognise:

I am always wishing people, in my sincere mind, the best . . .

1). As I have stated, there are two categories; The Creator, alone and the rest are the Creations. The Creator, God will not do somethings for example. He forbids them for Himself, so he restricts Himself from them. One of them is Injustices. Another is partnership. If there is a partner, then the Unique position of Himself as the sole Creator is not there, hence you may have a tug of war between two bosses! This single idea destroys Trinity. Now as to if there is Impossibility for God: my answer stands as stated above. There are things that do not fit His Majesty. Why do them, even if it is not difficult to be done. It is impossible that it will ever happen. Lets look at it this way: a real man will not want to be a woman, or ask another man to mount him. You will never find a King in the royal clothing doing the cleaning of his palace while the citixens are looking on.

2). Is humiliation a befitting experience for a king, by his subject?

Does it make sense for President Obama comes out on the White House lawn and says to a citizen to pelter him with raw eggs, just because he is trying to show how noble the occupant of the Oval office is? No. This simple thing sets him apart. Then compare that to the Creator! What is the point of subjecting Himself to humiliation, okay humility when He is the Sole Forgiver of all sins?

3). Is it not Majestic enough by His Mercy that He sent Human Messenger/Prophets to Humans, proiding complete guidance, to avoid sins and punishment and seeking His Mercy and Forgiveness, guaranteed by simple humanly possible deeds?

Allah did not request of us anything impossible, hence there is no need to act as a man, just to proof a point, whereas the Human prophets, your kind are not adequate, if it is true that you wish to belief?

@Olabowale

- Olabowale

Am feeling you . . . no doubt grin

but hey with all due respect. Please. Please, please give us the binaries first before the waffle

Give us an admission of YES or NO to the questions

after a YES or NO, you can then waffle as long and as much as you want grin

Thank you . . .  smiley

PS: Dont change my questionings . . .

Just give a YES or NO with/and your justification(s) to questions #1); #2); #3); #4); #6) and #7)
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by olabowale(m): 10:24pm On Aug 22, 2009
4) Why vulnerable and why weak? Allah has shown Kindness, Mercy, etc by restricting Himself and allowing His Mercy to Overcome His Punishment! Have you seen a situation that a creation sees a vulnerability and weakness of another creation and never capitalize on it? Just imagine if it is true that Jesus was God, the Creator, and when the Christian said that he was seized and later on tortured and killed, tose period of his death could have seen much chaos among creations? No? Another point against deity of Jesus!

5). Why should the Creator humanise Himself? He demacates His position and role, different than that of the creations. While He needs nothing from creation, creation on the other hand needs everything from Him!

6). The line in my hand can not be unseen by me when I stretch my hand in the sunlight? Yes. The plainliness of this in my sight, is not as intensed as how all creations put together is in the full control of its Creator. Why then shoul this Creator the Only Superior Being not maintain His Position? Allah says I Rise Above My Throne! That say plenty, that even His Throne is beneath His majestic Position! We do not have a Lord God Creator cooked up in a chair, a throne  or something that restricts Him! Allah is above all of these things and He is in Total Control of everything. If I can have see my palm each time I stretch my opened hand in my front, should I have to go to that palm, hand, arm that I control?

70. There is nothing hiding, unseen, unknown, beyond hearing, beyond the complete knowledge, sight, etc of Allah. This is omnipotency at its Most Superior! And there is none that is omnipotent, along with Him!
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by sosisi(f): 10:25pm On Aug 22, 2009
olabs let me tantalize your taste buds this afternoon

Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by Truthonly(m): 10:30pm On Aug 22, 2009

Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by Recognise: 10:35pm On Aug 22, 2009
$Osisi:

olabs let me tantalize your taste buds this afternoon

@$Osisi

- $Osisi

Hmm, yummy, very sumptuous and mouth-watering

but its not fair  grin smiley

Tantalise him after September 19th grin wink wink

@Olabowale

-Olabowale

Still waiting for the binaries,

remember dont change my questionings . . .

Just give a YES or NO with/and your justification(s) to questions #1); #2); #3); #4); #6) and #7)

Once I have the binaries, you can then waffle on as much as you like
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by olabowale(m): 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2009

2) Is GOD too proud to be "humilated" coining your phrase? YES. If thats what you want. Pride is the GARMENT/RAINMENT of God. No one else

3) Is it impossible for GOD to turn up legally & operate on earth the right way for that matter? Yes. It will not serve any purpose that human messenger is not fit enough to serve. A believing heart does not need unnecessary evidence so that he can believe

4) Is it impossible for GOD to render Himself vulnerable to the point of weakness for example? Yes. Humiliation belongs to creation. The altimate Humiliator is Allah. Why would He have to experience what He has designed as a means of punishment to the disbelievers?

5) Is it impossible for GOD to become a "Son of man"  & be subjected to the whims & mercy of man?Yes. He does not have a parents and He is not a child of and or a father of anyone. That unique position separates Him from those who are created. Even Adam and or Eve who have no parents. Afterall, Jesus had a mother! Thats a parent. A beginning.

6) Is it impossible for GOD to be in more than one place at the same time? Yes. Creation is just one thing, as a whole to Him, even though it is complex in your eye. While it is impossible to you, it is very easy for the Amighty to control everything from His Superior Position.

7) Is GOD omnipotent at all? . . .  Yes. Now I have to go serve the Omnipotent Allah by offerng my Asr Salah which He ordained on me.
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by sosisi(f): 10:38pm On Aug 22, 2009
Recognise:

@$Osisi

- $Osisi

Hmm, yummy, very sumptuous and mouth-watering

but its not fair grin smiley

Tantalise him after September 19th grin wink wink

@Olabowale

-Olabowale

Still waiting for the binaries,

remember dont change my questionings . . .

Once I have the binaries, you can then waffle on as much as you like

oh that's true o,he's fasting abi
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by Truthonly(m): 10:51pm On Aug 22, 2009

Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by Recognise: 11:37pm On Aug 22, 2009
olabowale:

@Recognise: Thanks for your best wishes. I wish . . . Now to your questions.

1) Is there anything impossible for GOD?: Unless He does not want to do it, based on His Position as the Creator. Impossibility is for creations

2) Is GOD too proud to be "humilated" coining your phrase? : Pride belongs to Allah alone. Those humans who say they have pride are liars

3) Is it impossible for GOD to turn up legally & operate on earth the right way for that matter?: The earth is meant for creations

4) Is it impossible for GOD to render Himself vulnerable to the point of weakness for example?: Creations are weak. Creator is never weak

5) Is it impossible for GOD to become a "Son of man"  & be subjected to the whims & mercy of man? No. man is a creation, Adam is the first

6) Is it impossible for GOD to be in more than one place at the same time? : From His Honored Position, He see, knows, hears everything all in one go

7) Is GOD omnipotent at all? . . . : The Onmipotence is consistence to His Supremacy, Power, Knowledge, Creative ability, never dying

olabowale:

@Recognise

I am always wishing people, in my sincere mind, the best . . .

2). Is humiliation a befitting experience for a king, by his subject? Does it make sense for President Obama comes out on the White House lawn and says to a citizen to pelter him with raw eggs, just because he is trying to show how noble the occupant of the Oval office is? No. This simple thing sets him apart. Then compare that to the Creator! What is the point of subjecting Himself to humiliation, okay humility when He is the Sole Forgiver of all sins?

3). Is it not Majestic enough by His Mercy that He sent Human Messenger/Prophets to Humans, proiding complete guidance, to avoid sins and punishment and seeking His Mercy and Forgiveness, guaranteed by simple humanly possible deeds? Allah did not request of us anything impossible, hence there is no need to act as a man, just to proof a point, whereas the Human prophets, your kind are not adequate, if it is true that you wish to belief?

olabowale:

4) Why vulnerable and why weak? Allah has shown Kindness, Mercy, etc by restricting Himself and allowing His Mercy to Overcome His Punishment! Have you seen a situation that a creation sees a vulnerability and weakness of another creation and never capitalize on it? Just imagine if it is true that Jesus was God, the Creator, and when the Christian said that he was seized and later on tortured and killed, tose period of his death could have seen much chaos among creations? No? Another point against deity of Jesus!

5). Why should the Creator humanise Himself? He demacates His position and role, different than that of the creations. While He needs nothing from creation, creation on the other hand needs everything from Him!

6). The line in my hand can not be unseen by me when I stretch my hand in the sunlight? Yes. The plainliness of this in my sight, is not as intensed as how all creations put together is in the full control of its Creator. Why then shoul this Creator the Only Superior Being not maintain His Position? Allah says I Rise Above My Throne! That say plenty, that even His Throne is beneath His majestic Position! We do not have a Lord God Creator cooked up in a chair, a throne  or something that restricts Him! Allah is above all of these things and He is in Total Control of everything. If I can have see my palm each time I stretch my opened hand in my front, should I have to go to that palm, hand, arm that I control?

7). There is nothing hiding, unseen, unknown, beyond hearing, beyond the complete knowledge, sight, etc of Allah. This is omnipotency at its Most Superior! And there is none that is omnipotent, along with Him!

olabowale:

2) Is GOD too proud to be "humilated" coining your phrase?
YES. If thats what you want. Pride is the GARMENT/RAINMENT of God. No one else

3) Is it impossible for GOD to turn up legally & operate on earth the right way for that matter?
Yes. It will not serve any purpose that human messenger is not fit enough to serve. A believing heart does not need unnecessary evidence so that he can believe

4) Is it impossible for GOD to render Himself vulnerable to the point of weakness for example?
Yes. Humiliation belongs to creation. The altimate Humiliator is Allah. Why would He have to experience what He has designed as a means of punishment to the disbelievers?

5) Is it impossible for GOD to become a "Son of man" & be subjected to the whims & mercy of man?
Yes. He does not have a parents and He is not a child of and or a father of anyone. That unique position separates Him from those who are created. Even Adam and or Eve who have no parents. Afterall, Jesus had a mother! Thats a parent. A beginning.

6) Is it impossible for GOD to be in more than one place at the same time?
Yes. Creation is just one thing, as a whole to Him, even though it is complex in your eye. While it is impossible to you, it is very easy for the Amighty to control everything from His Superior Position.

7) Is GOD omnipotent at all? . . .
Yes. Now I have to go serve the Omnipotent Allah by offerng my Asr Salah which He ordained on me.

@ Olabowale

- Olabowale

Phew! Thanks. We have them eventually. Had to literally prise the binaries out of you grin

Better late than never I say huh? wink

Interesting binaries, interesting submissions to validate the binaries too . . .  grin

Noticed I've compiled together your threads running up to eventually having your binaries responses . . .
grin question #1 is blank & unanswered. I wonder why? grin

With whats in hand so far from you.

Your admissions & affirmation?

Tut-tut-tut, It showed you up and highlighted a wobbly & shaking theology

You say GOD is omnipotent,

yet you've just limited GOD with impossibilities left, right, center & all over the place grin

Remember the corrupted template? smiley

You and I briefly jaw-jawed & delved on the issue the year last smiley

[center]"While I thought I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die."[/center]
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by olabowale(m): 12:41am On Aug 23, 2009
Omnipotece: Unlimited Power! I wonder what is limitation in there>
Re: Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" by Recognise: 12:49am On Aug 23, 2009
Olabowale:

Omnipotence: Unlimited Power! I wonder what is limitation in there>

Olabowale

- Olabowale

You wonder?

Go over your YES' in questions #3, #4. #5 and #6

By your admissions, you replied back with an affirmatives,

that YES, it is impossible for GOD to be a "son of man" etc . . .

Where is the rationale of omnipotency then?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? / Help, I Want To Become An Atheist / Atheists Let's Discuss God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.