Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times (43164 Views)

Bandits Break Into Kaduna Mosque, Gun Down 2 Worshippers / Only Delta, Lagos, Kaduna, Two Others Pay Pensions – PENCOM / Shi'ites And Police Clash In Kaduna. Two Shi’ites Killed, Scores Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by adanny01(m): 8:25am On Oct 18, 2021
Coronabirus:

You and some other guys above u have serious comprehension problem. El Rufai is talking abt how the size of his state give hm hard time in securing his state but u are delusionally talking abt population, land mass and other needless comparisons. He is lamenting how the size of his state make it difficult for securities to tackle insecurity in quick response.

I have been shaking my head to the lack of comprehension displayed on this thread.

I felt like I was going to shed tears for my country and its people, but my tears won't do anything

Without comprehension, we will never get this country right.
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by prophetfire: 8:25am On Oct 18, 2021
Kyase:

The state of Israel is older than Nigeria
. Don't go and develop yourself. Stay there and be claiming that you are still a small boy. People far younger than you have made it big and you are still claiming young.
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by emmysoftyou: 8:28am On Oct 18, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
I have said this many times. SE is so small, and the region has no chance. It is too tiny. The way forward is partnership with others. I remember an Ijaw man told me neatly that they are way more than Ibos are. I kinda think that SE shouldn't have been really a major tribe. They should have merged with more to form a unified team. But I guess Zik moved them ( the tiny region) to the status before independence, and it is presently hirting cos the game is a game of number. Eeeyah. But ibos have not realised this. I even read someone say Israel is tinier than Nigeria, but progressive. Israel and Nigeria arent competing together to have a commong president, so it is a terrible comparison. Many still dont understand this. Na so dem ibos go dey best their chests around. The reality is just in front of them. Wow!

Comments I have read in this thread show Ibos have not seen this reality, i really think they will stay like 100 years more before they really realise this. Wow..
trashed, is ijaw tribe larger than igbo tribe? Or is kaduna tribe larger than igbo tribe?
The landmass may be small and the people had population than those that had landmass....

So stop commenting trash here..

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by Holak: 8:28am On Oct 18, 2021
For me, what the governor said is not really an attack on anyone. Size does not have to do with anything, rather he is using that to justify insecurity in this place which should have been the focus of this discussion. Ethnic prejudice is so rife in Nigeria and in most cases, we leave the substance of an argument and start discussing non-issues. And from the way people in Nairaland writes, I presume most are highly educated which raises more concern.

How come all our arguments have now been reduced to ethnic jabs and gauging who insults the others most. A governor just said some parts of his state are ungovernable and this did not strike a cord on us. So, to Kaduna State government, it is okay for those in that part of the state to die as long as it does not affect some parts considered as 'important'. Yet, this is the case in most states and the country at large. The government is not concerned with the security of lives of some areas or some class of people they consider inconsequential and all of us in this Nairaland falls in this category. How many of us are not living at the mercy of God in terms security and our leaders feel that as long as it does not affect the people that matter, they are fine. They are also telling countries like UK, Canada etc. that our problem stems from our population and because we are five times their size, it is okay for us to remain where we are. But we are interested in who is Igbo and who is Yoruba. Even when he said he used to joke with the SE governors (birds of the same feather), we choose to kill ourselves on top of their jokes and leave the substance. SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by Pennywise(m): 8:30am On Oct 18, 2021
There must be sth intoxicating about being Governor to wide open lands with nothing but livestock.

It is like the Governor of Oklahoma taking the mic from the NY Governor knowing fully well that without taxes from NY to the Federal Govt, that state is doomed
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by jrusky(m): 8:31am On Oct 18, 2021
Ok Mr Comedian Hell Rufall we have heard you. Sit and be talking size ok your eyes go soon clear.

Next plsss...
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by adanny01(m): 8:31am On Oct 18, 2021
Systrom:
The state of Israel can fit into Nigeria 100 times yet Israel is more powerful than Nigeria 100 times. It is not by size my friend.

Luxembourg, one of the richest European nation can fit into Kaduna 400 times.
Why does such a tiny country have only rich people and a big State like Kaduna produces mainly street beggers? Not a very smart statement from El-Rufai

Then again, Lagos being the smallest state in Nigeria by landmass can fit into Kaduna 20 times, does that mean that Kaduna is better than Lagos?? Because northerners keep running out of Kaduna and coming to Lagos to do their Almajiri street begging. Why didn’t they remain in their state, since it’s so big ?

Finally, the United Kingdom is just a little bigger than Borno State. Yet, the UK is 1 billion times better than the entire Nigeria in a ramifications.

The point is not landmass but productivity. Yes, the north has landmass, but 99% of those lands are wastelands, infertile lands where they can’t even graze their cows. Since they have to run to the East, West and South for RUGA.

You get sense pass Elrufai abi?

He spoke about security, remind me what you are talking about? Cause it is very obvious you never understood what he said.
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:36am On Oct 18, 2021
Kingspin:
Is a mad man talk.

People are talking about development this lazy man is talking about land mass stain with innocent people blood.
Did you bother to read the post?
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:37am On Oct 18, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr105:

Let's start from secondary; if only you know that Anambra and south eastern schools top other regions in terms of academic performance and excellence.
They have won awards locally and internationally.
When it comes to education in Nigeria today, no region comes close to the east let alone almajririnci northern schools.
na to do useless chest beating Ina Sabi if to say person no serve for anambra person for believe this thrash you wrote here like nobi malpractice people de take pass for anambra...

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 18, 2021
adanny01:

I have been shaking my head to the lack of comprehension displayed on this thread.

I felt like I was going to shed tears for my country and its people, but my tears won't do anything

Without comprehension, we will never get this country right.

Honestly, we are in serious mental confusion but this can't be a reason to spit nonsense.
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by adanny01(m): 8:40am On Oct 18, 2021
Holak:
For me, what the governor said is not really an attack on anyone. Size does not have to do with anything, rather he is using that to justify insecurity in this place which should have been the focus of this discussion. Ethnic prejudice is so rife in Nigeria and in most cases, we leave the substance of an argument and start discussing non-issues. And from the way people in Nairaland writes, I presume most are highly educated which raises more concern.

How come all our arguments have now been reduced to ethnic jabs and gauging who insults the others most. A governor just said some parts of his state are ungovernable and this did not strike a cord on us. So, to Kaduna State government, it is okay for those in that part of the state to die as long as it does not affect some parts considered as 'important'. Yet, this is the case in most states and the country at large. The government is not concerned with the security of lives of some areas or some class of people they consider inconsequential and all of us in this Nairaland falls in this category. How many of us are not living at the mercy of God in terms security and our leaders feel that as long as it does not affect the people that matter, they are fine. They are also telling countries like UK, Canada etc. that our problem stems from our population and because we are five times their size, it is okay for us to remain where we are. But we are interested in who is Igbo and who is Yoruba. Even when he said he used to joke with the SE governors (birds of the same feather), we choose to kill ourselves on top of their jokes and leave the substance. SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its really a shame that Nairaland, where we expect educated people to comprehend simple issues, it turns out to be a punching zone leaving real issues behind.
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by NoFucksToGive: 8:42am On Oct 18, 2021
BlowYourMind:
One almajiri (Dangote) can buy the whole of south east and other igbos with change to buy oil well. south east IGR is what Dangote is giving to his mistress, GOD punish poverty capital of the south, you are a stain on our legacy

Seun mynd44 mukina2 OAM4J

rule2
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by georgeakins: 8:45am On Oct 18, 2021
AntiBMC:
Great. They are insignificant yet you people can't let them go.

At least he has confirmed for us that kaduna is big enough to house all the dirty cows they are using to disturb everybody in the south.

Ibos are not serious about leaving Nigeria.
If they are serious, they should mobilise their national legislators to propose that a clause for secession should be included in the ongoing constitutional review.

Most people I know want Ibos to go and form their country, because they are tired of sharing the same country with them
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by NgwalandAbia(m): 8:45am On Oct 18, 2021
BlowYourMind:
One almajiri (Dangote) can buy the whole of south east and other igbos with change to buy oil well. south east IGR is what Dangote is giving to his mistress, GOD punish poverty capital of the south, you are a stain on our legacy

You are a bastard in fare play ibeto is Richer than your useless dangote that got his wealth from south East south south.
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by faste: 8:47am On Oct 18, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr105:

What has age got to do with size?
It seems you had your education in northern Nigeria.
An average Northerner will never change forget education!
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by hohafrank(m): 8:48am On Oct 18, 2021
Kyase:

wisdom has nothing to do with years or age.
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by Gentlerespect76: 8:49am On Oct 18, 2021
paramakina202:

The state of Israel can fit into Nigeria 100 times yet Israel is more powerful than Nigeria 100 times.
It is not by size my friend.

Perfect answer bro. The way leaders of the North think is the reason the North remains the most backward region in Nigeria.
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by faste: 8:50am On Oct 18, 2021
MICHEALADEX:

Compare yourself with your mate.

Israel no bi Biafra mate 10billion time
Can Nigeria of today compare herself with her mates of yesteryears?Every country of the world is a senior to Nigeria in all metrics !
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by Adek15(m): 8:50am On Oct 18, 2021
adanny01:

You have almost 600likes and will definitely get higher.

The issue is that you and everyone who liked your post completely missed the point. The number of people who think like you did makes it convincing that Nigerian educational decay is the reason for our backwardness.

This is the summary of the entire comment by El Rufai.

He made a point and you misread it apart from the fact that it contained a joke or an exaggeration of facts.

The entire south east is about 42,000km² while Kaduna state alone is 46,000km². Meanwhile, the governor said Kaduna is 2½ times south east which is not true, that means he can only be joking.

But the point he made is still valid, if Kaduna has 11,000 police as a state, assuming all states have same, south east with that small area will have 5times more police.

That means there is no way police in Kaduna can achieve close to what the ones in South east can achieve.

Have a think, all the biggest states of Nigeria have serious security problems. Niger, Borno, Taraba, Kaduna are first 4. In the first 12, only Bauchi, Adamawa and Kwara have little security but the rest 9 states have serious security issues. Why that is, because people can move undetected using the large land area.

If Israel was as big as Nigeria, i assure you, they cant defend themselves the way they do.

Meanwhile, the guy was talking about security and guys are ranting up and down.
First thing you should note is that most nairalanders don't read content of the news or thread, they follow the bandwagon. The ones that read most likely don't understand and lastly, the ones that read and understand are angry, hateful and bitter so you have those reactions.

Kudos for not falling among these group of people. You are among the few reasonable ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by GetMeRight: 8:59am On Oct 18, 2021
Kingspin:
Is a mad man talk.

People are talking about development this lazy man is talking about land mass stain with innocent people blood.

He's talking about the challenges of large state boundaries with inadequate numbers of police officers.
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by dadabashua1(m): 8:59am On Oct 18, 2021
adanny01:

El rufai talked about security, what are you talking about?
if you can't comprehend my post,I advice you just pass,I'm reffering to folks that makes it looks like land mass is of no value..the major problem with Nigerians is they comments comes before comprehension,does size affect security? If I'm to respond to you undecided
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by Ushman333: 9:00am On Oct 18, 2021
paramakina202:

The state of Israel can fit into Nigeria 100 times yet Israel is more powerful than Nigeria 100 times.
That is not his point, no comparison here. Igbos can never be compared to Isreal. Isrealis are inventors, world owners of media, international financial firms, 7 star hotels...igbos are mainly criminals, and a marginalized tribe in Nigeria, the comparison is baseless. Isrealis affect the world positively employ millions of workers, while igbos are a nuisance to the world, drug dealers, ritualists, cheap prostitutes, in every go slow, ghetto, you see them across the world. The comparison is invalid. You people engage in criminality and make money for your pocket, you only bring Igbo boys to serve in your shops. We understand you idolize the Jews and look up to them, it's understandable, but the comparison is null and void.

El Rufai is simply talking about the differences in security challenges cos of land mass, but your hate won't allow you see things how they are.
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by GetMeRight: 9:03am On Oct 18, 2021
EagleNest:
Is it by landmass or rather the quality of individuals living in that landmass. Japan and Taiwan are tiny islands but with incredible humans. Big for nothing Big States like Niger State!

You only read the headline, try to read the whole news and you will understand what he's talking about.
Let me help you, he's talking about insecurity coupled with wide landmass.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by BJanta: 9:10am On Oct 18, 2021
Kyase:
I joke with my south-east governor friends that the whole of five states of south-east can fit into Kaduna two and the half times - El-Rufai

El-Rufai who recalled how he will always joke with his Governor friends from the South-East region on how the whole of five states of the south-east can fit into Kaduna state, two and the half times, added that there is difference between security in headlines and security in facts.
He said

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/10/i-joke-with-my-south-east-governor-friends-that-the-whole-of-five-states-of-south-east-can-fit-into-kaduna-two-and-the-half-times-el-rufai.html

Really ? Then the Southeast needs one more state to balance up. Over representation ? Dunno.
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by Codes151(m): 9:11am On Oct 18, 2021
midget and noise?

always making noise.
dwarf...

big land mass but noting to show. mumu
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by poiZon: 9:18am On Oct 18, 2021
paramakina202:

The same state that can fit into southeatern states 2 and a half times will be the one to kick against state policing...
No be juju be that?
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by Nik77: 9:19am On Oct 18, 2021
Kyase:

The State of Israel was created on May 14, 1948, while Nigeria got her independence less than 12 years letter. So what's the big difference?
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by poiZon: 9:19am On Oct 18, 2021
Kyase:

The state of malaysia is younger, smaller and more powerful than Nigeria
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by WaffenSS(m): 9:20am On Oct 18, 2021
paramakina202:

It is not by size my friend .

Your girlfriend begs to disagree
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by Buckeyemedia1: 9:24am On Oct 18, 2021
paramakina202:

Is it strength he is talking about or size? Just ranting without thinking?
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by Buckeyemedia1: 9:26am On Oct 18, 2021
poiZon:

The state of malaysia is younger, smaller and more powerful than Nigeria
Malaysia where you conduct your narcotics trade?
Re: El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times by tonyson010(m): 9:35am On Oct 18, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Yes, he is simply saying your South East and Lagos is not up to half of Kaduna so don't keep referencing the insecurity in my state as a means to justify yours.

Anyways, he is stupid because size shouldn't be a reason to justify failure.

His quote is out of proportion. However, the South east governors na leaders are lazy.....because the r imitating their northern counterparts.

SouthEast Should have developed very well instead..... government contribution towards its development is very low when compared to North.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Tinubu Visits Nigerian Troops In Guinea-bissau Reassures Desire For Global Peace / Lai Mohammed Flies Private Jet To Delta State, Nigerians React (Photos) / Confusion In Akure Over Whereabouts Of Agagu's Family Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.