Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? (20598 Views)

Watch The Moment When Pere And Angel Walked Back Into The House (video) / Shocking! A 13 Year Old Boy Terrorized A Whole Community With Robbery / Woman Poops On A Supermarket Floor But Walked Out Like Nothing Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by Utanisco(m): 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2021
lol
u cn never walk with me

almost everybody in ma unit wants to greet me
Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:
I also greet people on the road, either I initiated or the person greets me first, but I don't stop to greet people when I'm going out.
When I just got married, my wife will stop to greet some people that she assumed to be closed to me, I go just leave her Waka go, she go run come join me, so at a point she asked, why do I greet like that since I have intention of greeting the person, I told her that I only owe them greetings not talking/chatting.
I also don't entertain someone seeing me on the road and trying to form "I've been wanting to see you", I will just respond with, how many times have you checked for me at home or work that you can't find me.

Life no hard. Take things easy grin
Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by Candidlady: 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2021
arduino:
You dey waka sha..... grin grin grin
lol no be me na "kwaya" dey make me waka o!
Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by MrDam(m): 12:14pm On Oct 19, 2021
It can be so frustrating, people like that usually meet me at our planned destination
Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by MrMcJay(m): 12:15pm On Oct 19, 2021
OP, don't go around the corners. If you want to attack me, come out boldly and mention my name.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by sylve11: 12:16pm On Oct 19, 2021
Michelle55:

He will be the one to stop you sef if care is not taken to greet you that's why I don't bother going out with him.

Na aproko men dey behave like that. sad cool

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by alizma: 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2021
I used to be like that back in the school. I didn't take notice of it until when I decided to have a girlfriend. One day we walked down to my lodge together and the moment we finally got home, the babe politely asked, so you know everyone in this school and each time you are passing you must great and talk to everyone of them that come your way? That was I did a recall of our movement home and discovered that several times she had to wait for me to answer one question or a subject or about a lecturer before we proceed. Since then I minimized my conversation with people when we are to together and also minimized my movement with her especially within the school hours.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by 8stargeneral: 12:20pm On Oct 19, 2021
frosy1:
I don't need to walk with someone. I am one myself grin grin grin
word of wisdom:never u walk alone.
Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by OlujobaSamuel: 12:21pm On Oct 19, 2021
oldtruth:

Life no hard. Take things easy grin
I know ooo, but I don't like avoidable unplanned event affecting my plan. Some people no care if you are in haste to catch up an appointment or not, That's why I never liked going out with my dad except I'm the one driving, he stopped at every opportunity except when going to church.
Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 19, 2021
It can be so frustrating. So what I do is leave you behind. When you're done forming queen Elizabeth waving in a convoy, meet me at our destination.

The lousy greeters are the worst.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 19, 2021
Candidlady:
Yes i have and i was so embarasd! You see big, you greet. You see small you greet! Tom dick harry you greet!

another thing i noticed is all those boys stayin around maraba masaka dutse kubwa why do they love carrying beatbox upandan?
na our cruise.. Lol.
Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by xynerise: 12:25pm On Oct 19, 2021
Mum and dad are tag team champions in that aspect

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by cassyrooy(m): 12:26pm On Oct 19, 2021
My mom taught me how how to do that, after mass then, we go from one meeting to another and we'll be greeting everyone we see and talking with them, I do it too when all is well with me and don't when I've got lots on my mind.

Surprisingly, we were both introverts. Weird mother and son. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 19, 2021
I think this trend is for my mum
Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by PointZerom: 12:28pm On Oct 19, 2021
emmyluizzz:
There are people you’d walk with, and regret ever doing so.
They seem to know everybody in the neighborhood. And the
funny part is, they’d at some point stand for a while
exchanging pleasantries.

My ex girlfriend did that to me once, when we got home, I
shouted at her to a point she started crying. I was so
embarrassed.
I’m not against greetings o. My point is, when you’re walking
with someone, minimize it. You mustn’t greet everyone.

share your experience

O boy my wife can greet for Africa. Even somebody that's far away that can't even hear her, she will throw the greeting to the person.
If we close church service, I will be in the car with children waiting for my wife while she moves around greeting everybody.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by 8stargeneral: 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2021
My mum do that
Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by tommy589(m): 12:35pm On Oct 19, 2021
kponkedenge:
My late friend of blessed memory.... Because of that I hardly see him off any time he comes visiting.... Because he was even more popular than me in my street.

He can stop at a corner to greet and chat with people anyhow.... Leaving me standing on the road all by myself.

Rip to him. Same with my late paddy too

If there is an appointment by 11am and it ought not to take more than 25 minutes of walking to get there,just start your walk by 8am. He must greet everyone in our neighborhood and total strangers walking by, particularly women.That was his weakness. When next he meets the women he will remind them of the last place they met,this was his smart way of starting conversation and befriending many.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by tafabaloo(m): 12:35pm On Oct 19, 2021
Get one Sanusi like that! He can greet to wake up a dead man ...lols

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by 25ahmad(m): 12:37pm On Oct 19, 2021
emmyluizzz:
exchanging pleasantries.

embarrassed.

share your experience
One of my friend, Name Idris aka Last corporal. He is now late 8months ago sometimes i have to keep going we will meet up later. 21 February in mind. R. I. P ABOKI

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by Bashirkareem31: 12:38pm On Oct 19, 2021
I visited my mother's village in ogun state alongside my elder sister for the first time and she decided to show us round.Laslas,I had to take an excuse to go back and use the toilet.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by emmyluizzz: 12:39pm On Oct 19, 2021
natosjahdi:
it's a lie u dint love her u just wanted to eat her if not u wwouldn't have shouted at her to the extent that she had to cry.. u dont talk to a lady u love that way ok.. they are really emotional.. quietly nd jokingly telling her would have solved the problem... she was just being a nice and friendly person.. I really hate u fr shouting at her.. no wonder she is now ur Ex.. lemme not see u anywhere in the street for if I do I will strike you and I will make sure u wound on ur two knees becare

who is this one?...even if your father was a simp....must you follow his footsteps...

I dey street come make we reason

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by iLoveYouToo(m): 12:40pm On Oct 19, 2021
I can totally relate. We’re contractors and handling a job at one federal ministry, o boy my colleague would greet the entire community and everyone that passes by.

I can’t do same because it’s not me because I’m more of an introvert, the guy be making me look like I had a poor upbringing.

Meanwhile na wash, the guy is a badazz SHARK with a bad attitude and treats our subordinates like poo

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by Mayorkanz(m): 12:41pm On Oct 19, 2021
Yes I have several times. My mother can great for Africa

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by emmyluizzz: 12:42pm On Oct 19, 2021
emmyluizzz:
exchanging pleasantries.

embarrassed.

share your experience

I finally made it to FP....I swear e no easy

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by DrChukki: 12:46pm On Oct 19, 2021
I'm just like that...
Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by Vinnie2000(m): 12:48pm On Oct 19, 2021
cassyrooy:
My mom taught me how how to do that, after mass then, we go from one meeting to another and we'll be greeting everyone we see and talking with them, I do it too when all is well with me and don't when I've got lots on my mind.

Surprisingly, we were both introverts. Weird mother and son. Lol.

Oh!!
Catholic Spotted!
So you guys are the ones that Stays in Church 2 Hours after Mass? sad smiley
You Guys will pass by Legion of Mary, CWO, CMO, Lay readers,etc.. meetings and greet all the Members b4 going home!
I Tire for Unah! sad cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by emmyluizzz: 12:48pm On Oct 19, 2021
MrMcJay:
OP, don't go around the corners. If you want to attack me, come out boldly and mention my name.

MrMcJay

are you okay now
Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by Szilard: 12:48pm On Oct 19, 2021
Michelle55:
My dad can do that very well and I find it annoying.

He will be the one to stop you sef if care is not taken to greet you that's why I don't bother going out with him. Once I'm going out, my face cap is my friend. Just keep my head down till I reach my destination and if you eventually greet me, I go just nod Waka pass.

Good things we use facemasks these days...It'd be easier for you grin

Quite funny, but back in the days none of my parents used to greet like that sha

Guess I was lucky...cos small small talk and greetings dey tire me grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by Flyingngel(m): 12:49pm On Oct 19, 2021
Sonnobax15 post:

My popsman na one.... He's indeed a politician....So I wouldn't expect less cheesy. Anytime if I dey waka with am,e just dey look like say na campaign we dey campaign.

Your Dad must be a brother to my father. The man can greet.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by Vinnie2000(m): 12:49pm On Oct 19, 2021
emmyluizzz:

I finally made it to FP....I swear e no easy

Lolsss..
He nor Really Easy!!
Thank me and Brother Lalasticlala! smiley cool cool
Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by Ruggman: 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2021
emmyluizzz:
exchanging pleasantries.

I hope you are not a sadist

embarrassed.

share your experience
Re: Have You Ever Walked With Someone That Greets The Whole Community? by matm: 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2021
When you don't greet people esp. ur elder ones,u are indirectly shutting ur possible destiny helpers.
Help in life can come directly or indirectly.Some non pecuniary help are often greater than money.Yes,live saving.That person u hurry to walk past in order not to greet him/,her b/c u think u are now a big girl or boy,
might be d one to speak in ur favor where there is an evil plot to terminate u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The 20 Things You Need To Do In Your 20s / Nigerian Doctor Who Killed British Patient Sues Victim Son / Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Frustrating My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.