Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government (18977 Views)

Micheal Ameh Oboni Dies! The Attah Of Igala Is Dead / Photo Evidence Of Oreri (ora-eri)People Of Anambra State Being Igala By Ancestry / I Want To Learn Igala Language, Get In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by IamWonderful: 9:48am On Oct 19, 2021
ok
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by uniquelyspecial(m): 9:49am On Oct 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Igala are Yorubas...Opaluwa

Igala owns the land in onitsha and Anambra Both North and Central....by extension the land belongs to Yoruba
Opaluwa a pure Igala name. Please do more travels and stop displaying this.

NB: Opaluwa is not Opeoluwa.

5 Likes

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Systrom(m): 9:50am On Oct 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Igala owns the land in onitsha and Anambra Both North and Central....by extension the land belongs to Yoruba
And what does Opaluwa mean in Yoruba language?
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by idu1(m): 9:50am On Oct 19, 2021
OmoOshodi:
Nawa oo Oracle no dey appoint kings again

I dey tell you.
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Quality20(m): 9:53am On Oct 19, 2021
I have really tried to know who the igalas are to no avail. Are they Igbo offspring? How come they own so much land from koton karfe to lokoja to enugu? Are they traditional worshippers, Christians or Islamist's? Or are simply a confused ppl who worship whatever is convenient?

3 Likes

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by 0m0nnakoda: 9:58am On Oct 19, 2021
Penguin2:
‘Prince Mathew Alhaji Opaluwa’

Mathew and Alhaji in one name.

Is he an Islamic Christian?
Mustian

1 Like

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 19, 2021
ahmg001:
Kogi people have funny names combination. You will hear james alhaji, Muhammed samson.lol
Igala people you meam
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by 0m0nnakoda: 10:00am On Oct 19, 2021
Quality20:
I have really tried to know who the igalas are to no avail. Are they Igbo offspring? How come they own so much land from koton karfe to lokoja to enugu? Are they traditional worshippers, Christians or Islamist's? Or are simply a confused ppl who worship whatever is convenient?
How can conquerors be offspring

Eboes were their slaves for centuries and they established dynasties in Eboe land

4 Likes

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by cunny88(m): 10:00am On Oct 19, 2021
Penguin2:

in kogi state, Alhaji is a common name
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Nicerazor(m): 10:07am On Oct 19, 2021
all the name twist na for to get favors and that’s how bad it is in Nigeria. Some go add aboki name to their names especially military recruitment purposes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Burgerlomo: 10:09am On Oct 19, 2021
Penguin2:

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by BlueRayDick: 10:10am On Oct 19, 2021
Some names go just confuse for this world; Mathew Alhaji.

I guess this is the case of "Paul" pogba who is a devout Muslim that has even fulfilled the Holy pilgrimage. In fact his brothers are named Florentin and Mathias Pogba and they are equally Muslims. Matthias is one of the disciples in the Bible and Paul is an apostle.

Shey wàhálà no too much like this?

3 Likes

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Bamsbams(m): 10:29am On Oct 19, 2021
Penguin2:

Alaji is the name and Not Alhaji...
Alaji is a native name in some parts of the igala land

4 Likes

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Penguin2: 10:29am On Oct 19, 2021
Bamsbams:

Alaji is the name and Not Alhaji...
Alaji is a native name in some parts of the igala land

Look at the spelling in the article na.

1 Like

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by murphyibiam15(m): 10:35am On Oct 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Cc Juliusmalema grin grin grin grin cheesy Anambra is igala and not igbo, I agree with you. Igbo towns are only Ebonyi, Abia, Enugu and Imo cool

1 Like

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Terrier99: 10:41am On Oct 19, 2021
uniquelyspecial:

Too dry

Too daft to understand

1 Like

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by uniquelyspecial(m): 10:43am On Oct 19, 2021
Terrier99:

Too daft to understand
Na... It's just dry.

You ain't as bright as you think you are.
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Austema(m): 10:55am On Oct 19, 2021
Concerning the names.

I know this family, am from the Lineage of this Attah Rulership, when the time came for taking over of this throne, the Sultan of Sokokota made a decree that unless you are a muslim you can not become the attah, that is when these Opaluwa's sons began to change fron Christian to Muslims in order to qualify for the seat. Its so sad how the north leaders are the one controlling how we do our things in the Igala Kingdom
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by lalajnr(m): 10:57am On Oct 19, 2021
Terrier99:

No, he's a Christian Jew from Abakaliki
sharrap Afonja muslim
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by lalajnr(m): 10:58am On Oct 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Afonja we don hear you
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 19, 2021
murphyibiam15:

Cc Juliusmalema grin grin grin grin cheesy Anambra is igala and not igbo, I agree with you. Igbo towns are only Ebonyi, Abia, Enugu and Imo cool

Are you really suffering?
Seems I was too hard you guys but anambra igala , that's fine as far as you guys minds your business in the state and allow the igalas do their thing...case closed.

We no send...eat your Igbo and digest it.
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Gudiza(m): 11:08am On Oct 19, 2021
Austema:
Concerning the names.

I know this family, am from the Lineage of this Attah Rulership, when the time came for taking over of this throne, the Sultan of Sokokota made a decree that unless you are a muslim you can not become the attah, that is when these Opaluwa's sons began to change fron Christian to Muslims in order to qualify for the seat. Its so sad how the north leaders are the one controlling how we do our things in the Igala Kingdom
How or when did Sultan make that decree, or, was it coded? names, dates etc
I want to understand the events leading to it, or was Igala under Caliphate at any point?

5 Likes

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Houstency(m): 11:11am On Oct 19, 2021
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Cashewman: 11:11am On Oct 19, 2021
Agabaidu......AGAAA..BA...IDU......
MAY YOUR DAYS BE LONG.....
MAY YOU REIGN SUCCESSFUL...
ane- Igala- Kira-nyio...gba....
Anekihi-Ebut-Kihi-Okpa-kpa-lani
Acheee[color=#990000][/color] smiley

3 Likes

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by wacoj(m): 11:13am On Oct 19, 2021
The Attah designate started his early education at St Boniface Primary School, Idah in 1975 and proceeded to St Peter’s College, Idah where he obtained his West African School Certificate (WASC), in 1980.

He started his primary school in 1975 and Obtained WASC in 1980. Meaning primary and sec sch, took him just 5 years! No be magic be that?

3 Likes

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Austema(m): 11:14am On Oct 19, 2021
Gudiza:

How or when did Sultan make that decree, or, was it coded?
I want to understand the events leading to it, or was Igala under Caliphate at any point?

Obviously they brought religiousity into it, we were shocked when we heard about the decree. So sad bro.
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by michresakidjo(m): 11:14am On Oct 19, 2021
One Prof. Hammed Rasheed Mathhew is a christian grin grin grin in fact, a Nairalander cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by sevenhundred(m): 11:19am On Oct 19, 2021
Bantu10:

I know one Idris George and he's a Muslim
George is not a Christian name!!!
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by ahmg001(m): 11:22am On Oct 19, 2021
[quote author=DubaiLandLord post=106867364]Igala people you
Maybe. I have couple of friends from that part
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Bantu10: 11:23am On Oct 19, 2021
sevenhundred:
George is not a Christian name!!!

Shut up if u have nothing to say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Questions about Nok People / Outside Nigeria / Cultures In West Africa / How Is A Balloon Called In Your Dialect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.