Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government (19003 Views)

Micheal Ameh Oboni Dies! The Attah Of Igala Is Dead / Photo Evidence Of Oreri (ora-eri)People Of Anambra State Being Igala By Ancestry / I Want To Learn Igala Language, Get In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by samonak(m): 3:44pm On Oct 19, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Oma igala eche?
Idoma
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Valkrie: 3:53pm On Oct 19, 2021
Austema:

Look at you, did I said he was not a Christian?

Did you know the muslims were against him?

Please dont allow me to talk here.

Go and check properly all the so called moslem who where against him...they are all offspring of hausa/fulani people who migrated from bebeji kano state and elsewhere to come sell sponge and other goods in igala land....!!! They igalas with their foresight created an enclave for them...today if not told you would never believe they're are non igalas....we even have people of nupe,bassa, edo, ijaw, ebira and other extractions in igala land all well integrated amd speaks igala well but the sons of the soil know them all and their talk is always inconsequential when it comes to issues that bothers on the welfare of the true igala people....!! The other few moslem who opposes him are the few fanatics and paid agent of the fulani people that are in igala land....!! I hope you get the play now....!!!

1 Like

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by ALFADOS(m): 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2021
FINALLY GABAIDU ATTAH WA HAS EMERGE FOR THE GREAT THRONE UPON ALL THE MANIPULATION, MAY HE BE THE BEST CHOICE AND MAY HE LIVE LONG TO RULE US TO THE GREATER HEIGHT. (ONE LOVE, AMOMAYEMI)
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by louqas: 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2021
Bantu10:

Shut up if u have nothing to say

You just proved what he said
George is not a christian name
But
an english name
From the google search you posted george means farmer in english language .....post its meaning in christianity if you are bent on making george a christian name

1 Like

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by sevenhundred(m): 5:58pm On Oct 19, 2021
According to your research the names George means "farmer" so what are you bragging about?
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by sevenhundred(m): 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
louqas:

But
an english name
From the google search you posted george means farmer in english language .....post its meaning in christianity if you are bent on making george a christian name
don't mind him, he is an illiterate.
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by forgiveness: 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2021
Austema:

No no

Okay
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by AlphaCEO: 6:51pm On Oct 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Igala are Yorubas...Opaluwa

Igala owns the land in onitsha and Anambra Both North and Central....by extension the land belongs to Yoruba
Congrats to the new Attah of Igala and all
Igalas worldwide.

Yup! Lol... Opaluwa is clearly a Yoruba name, but the Oma Igala on NL
can tell us the real meaning of
"Opaluwa" in Igala language! grin

Igala language like Itsekiri is
Yoruboid (with about 55% similarity with Yoruba language).
A higher percentage similarity of over 60% would have automatically made Igala a full Yoruba dialect!

NOTE:
Egungun (meaning "bone," a spirit masquerade representation in Yoruba), is called Egwugwu in Igala.

Ewa in Yoruba, is Egwa in Igala for instance.

Omi (water) and Ogede
(banana/plantain) mean the same thing in Yoruba and Igala languages.

Infact Igalas are the original settlers
of Onitsha in Anambra with their quarters being one of the 8 quarters, and Igala boat people ferried the newer Edo migrants to
Onitsha over 400 years ago according to the current Obi of Onitsha Ado n'Idu, who confirmed this fact in a 2018 Ofala Day documentary that I saw. The Obi clearly said that he has Igala, Edo,
and Ibo ancestral roots.

I remember the Ooni of Ife was a special guest at the Ofala festival
of that year.

The core Igala are a mix of migrants
from the Wukari axis, Yoruba, Edo and to a lesser extent, some Ibo, according to an interview that the late Attah of Igala, HRH Michael Oboni.

Ifa divination is also consulted to
determine who would be a new
Attah of Igala according to Attah
Michael Oboni.

Last but not least:
ERI an Igala hunter/prince was the father of NRI and other children. There are many Igala-associated communities (Igala bloodlines) in Delta, Anambra, and Enugu States, such as Onitsha, Asaba, Nri, Nteje, Aguleri, Umuleri, Illah in Delta State [where Desmond Olusola Elliot's mother, Stephen Keshi, and Frank Olize of NTA Newsline fame hail from].

Hope this helps.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Komu1048(m): 7:20pm On Oct 19, 2021
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Yankee101: 7:21pm On Oct 19, 2021
ahmg001:
Kogi people have funny names combination. You will hear james alhaji, Muhammed samson.lol

Yep. The most religious tolerant state in the country.

Same family different religions

And no beef

Remember it is surrounded by Niger, Kwara, Ekiti, Edo, Anambra, Enugu, Benue, Nassarawa and Abuja. It also connects upstream by water to Delta State.
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by soloaudu: 8:08pm On Oct 19, 2021
Which confusion will that opportunist boy not caused in Igalaland because of the selfish Igala traitors in his government?
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by stinechykee: 8:12pm On Oct 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Igala owns the land in onitsha and Anambra Both North and Central....by extension the land belongs to Yoruba
on the contrary the name is Okpaluwa which mean Elder in Igbo

1 Like

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by stinechykee: 8:18pm On Oct 19, 2021
AlphaCEO:

Congrats to the new Attah of Igala and all
Igalas worldwide.

Yup! Lol... Opaluwa is clearly a Yoruba name, but the Oma Igala on NL
can tell us the real meaning of
"Opaluwa" in Igala language! grin

Igala language like Itsekiri is
Yoruboid (with about 55% similarity with Yoruba language).
A higher percentage similarity of over 60% would have automatically made Igala a full Yoruba dialect!

NOTE:
Egungun (meaning "bone," a spirit masquerade representation in Yoruba), is called Egwugwu in Igala.

Ewa in Yoruba, is Egwa in Igala for instance.

Omi (water) and Ogede
(banana/plantain) mean the same thing in Yoruba and Igala languages.

Infact Igalas are the original settlers
of Onitsha in Anambra with their quarters being one of the 8 quarters, and Igala boat people ferried the newer Edo migrants to
Onitsha over 400 years ago according to the current Obi of Onitsha Ado n'Idu, who confirmed this fact in a 2018 Ofala Day documentary that I saw. The Obi clearly said that he has Igala, Edo,
and Ibo ancestral roots.

I remember the Ooni of Ife was a special guest at the Ofala festival
of that year.

The core Igala are a mix of migrants
from the Wukari axis, Yoruba, Edo and to a lesser extent, some Ibo, according to an interview that the late Attah of Igala, HRH Michael Oboni.

Ifa divination is also consulted to
determine who would be a new
Attah of Igala according to Attah
Michael Oboni.

Last but not least:
ERI an Igala hunter/prince was the father of NRI and other children. There are many Igala-associated communities (Igala bloodlines) in Delta, Anambra, and Enugu States, such as Onitsha, Asaba, Nri, Nteje, Aguleri, Umuleri, Illah in Delta State [where Desmond Olusola Elliot's mother, Stephen Keshi, and Frank Olize of NTA Newsline fame hail from].

Hope this helps.

keep deceiving yourself with that your warp history.On the contrary Igala is one of the son's of Eri and in otherwords Igala is one of Igbo lineage

1 Like

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by stinechykee: 8:33pm On Oct 19, 2021
sexymonkey:
yeah, Igalas have certain similarities with the yorubas, they mostly have no religion.
You Yorubas should stop this attachee by force thing
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Olu317(m): 10:20pm On Oct 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Fact...Igala Kingly lineage are Oranmiyan descendants. cheesy grin wink grin. My father, my ancestor,our ancestor is godly powerful . Ọranmiyan, ọmọ igunugun-My father, our father my hero,my king of all kings. ibá rẹ̀ o òdẹ̀dé
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by sexymonkey(m): 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2021
stinechykee:
You Yorubas should stop this attachee by force thing
I'm not a Yoruba person
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by mrmattolanrewaju(m): 7:30am On Oct 21, 2021
michresakidjo:
One Prof. Hammed Rasheed Mathhew is a christian grin grin grin in fact, a Nairalander cheesy cheesy

Lol...I sight you comrade cheesy
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by michresakidjo(m): 7:38am On Oct 21, 2021
mrmattolanrewaju:

Lol...I sight you comrade cheesy
embarassed embarassed embarassed will still have a duel undecided undecided your failings to reach out to me since were sent outta school enhhh hmm, Dr. Wale go hear am
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by mrmattolanrewaju(m): 8:05am On Oct 21, 2021
michresakidjo:

embarassed embarassed embarassed will still have a duel undecided undecided your failings to reach out to me since were sent outta school enhhh hmm, Dr. Wale go hear am

Just as you know I'm a man who doesn't joke with keeping records, you have an explanation to make on why you have refused to pick my calls and why you decided not to return them when I called you on Monday 18th October 2021 at exactly 5:10pm .

The matter sef pass Dr. Wale's table... na Dean go settle this one. cheesy cheesy
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by RedboneSmith(m): 8:49am On Oct 21, 2021
louqas:

But
an english name

If George isn't a Christian name but an English name, then one can also argue that Idris isn't a Muslim name, but an Arabic name. Religions don't own names (for the most part). Ethnic groups do. An Arab Christian can bear the name Idris. The name simply means "interpreter" and has no religious connotations at all.
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by michresakidjo(m): 10:27am On Oct 21, 2021
mrmattolanrewaju:

Just as you know I'm a man who doesn't joke with keeping records, you have an explanation to make on why you have refused to pick my calls and why you decided not to return them when I called you on Monday 18th October 2021 at exactly 5:10pm .

The matter sef pass Dr. Wale's table... na Dean go settle this one. cheesy cheesy

Your call was more of a flash, it ended abruptly as i was about aswering and that was the only time you ever call. As to why i didn't returnyour call, you need no one to tell you that. Don't worry when we will meet again, our scores will be settled. cry cry cry
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by mrmattolanrewaju(m): 10:48am On Oct 21, 2021
michresakidjo:

Your call was more of a flash, it ended abruptly as i was about aswering and that was the only time you ever call. As to why i didn't returnyour call, you need no one to tell you that. Don't worry when we will meet again, our scores will be settled. cry cry cry

Perhaps something must be wrong with your network over there. I called on the 13th too, same old story. But you on the other end, you erased my memory off your mind. Comrade no be so o.

In any case, I believe you are doing great and making good use of the indefinite break smiley
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by michresakidjo(m): 11:55am On Oct 21, 2021
mrmattolanrewaju:

Perhaps something must be wrong with your network over there. I called on the 13th too, same old story. But you on the other end, you erased my memory off your mind. Comrade no be so o.

In any case, I believe you are doing great and making good use of the indefinite break smiley

Yeah I'm fine fine but not your comrade grin grin drop the idea cool
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 21, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

E remain small for u to run mad..... How dare u insult us
and who the hell are you that you should not be insulted? the people you insult,, are you better than them?? foolish igala man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Questions about Nok People / Outside Nigeria / Cultures In West Africa / How Is A Balloon Called In Your Dialect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.