Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government (18976 Views)

Micheal Ameh Oboni Dies! The Attah Of Igala Is Dead / Photo Evidence Of Oreri (ora-eri)People Of Anambra State Being Igala By Ancestry / I Want To Learn Igala Language, Get In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Ykc2(m): 11:30am On Oct 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Igala are Yorubas...Opaluwa

Igala owns the land in onitsha and Anambra Both North and Central....by extension the land belongs to Yoruba
yes ooooh buy yorubas are from sky so go back to your sky

2 Likes

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by forgiveness: 11:44am On Oct 19, 2021
Systrom:
And what does Opaluwa mean in Yoruba language?

What does it mean in Igala? I am just learning oooo.
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by forgiveness: 11:54am On Oct 19, 2021
Austema:
Concerning the names.

I know this family, am from the Lineage of this Attah Rulership, when the time came for taking over of this throne, the Sultan of Sokokota made a decree that unless you are a muslim you can not become the attah, that is when these Opaluwa's sons began to change fron Christian to Muslims in order to qualify for the seat. Its so sad how the north leaders are the one controlling how we do our things in the Igala Kingdom

Where they conquered by Sokoto Caliphate?
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by juman(m): 11:56am On Oct 19, 2021
Congratulations.
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by hassinho707(m): 11:56am On Oct 19, 2021
Quality20:
I have really tried to know who the igalas are to no avail. Are they Igbo offspring? How come they own so much land from koton karfe to lokoja to enugu? Are they traditional worshippers, Christians or Islamist's? Or are simply a confused ppl who worship whatever is convenient?

Some of the Igalas are Muslims, some are Christians, while very few are traditional worshipers
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by HITCHHIKING(m): 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2021
Austema:
Concerning the names.

I know this family, am from the Lineage of this Attah Rulership, when the time came for taking over of this throne, the Sultan of Sokokota made a decree that unless you are a muslim you can not become the attah, that is when these Opaluwa's sons began to change fron Christian to Muslims in order to qualify for the seat. Its so sad how the north leaders are the one controlling how we do our things in the Igala Kingdom

Liar the last Attah ( MICHEAL OBONI ) was a Christain. And besides Igala was never under the influence of any calliphate.

1 Like

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Ura: 12:16pm On Oct 19, 2021
Gaabaidu!!!

1 Like

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by hero01(m): 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2021
Penguin2:
‘Prince Mathew Alhaji Opaluwa’

Mathew and Alhaji in one name.

Is he an Islamic Christian?
he is a born again Christian
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Judolisco(m): 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Igala are Yorubas...Opaluwa

Igala owns the land in onitsha and Anambra Both North and Central....by extension the land belongs to Yoruba
lol
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Austema(m): 12:24pm On Oct 19, 2021
HITCHHIKING:

Liar the last Attah ( MICHEAL OBONI ) was a Christain. And besides Igala was never under the influence of any calliphate.

Look at you, did I said he was not a Christian?

Did you know the muslims were against him?

Please dont allow me to talk here.
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Austema(m): 12:25pm On Oct 19, 2021
forgiveness:

Where they conquered by Sokoto Caliphate?
No no
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by ShoeShineGuy: 12:49pm On Oct 19, 2021
Penguin2:
‘Prince Mathew Alhaji Opaluwa’

Mathew and Alhaji in one name.

Is he an Islamic Christian?

He's a Chrislam!
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by HITCHHIKING(m): 12:49pm On Oct 19, 2021
Austema:

Look at you, did I said he was not a Christian?

Did you know the muslims were against him?

Please dont allow me to talk here.

No Muslim is agaist any Attahship, please stop polarise Igala as Muslim or Christain
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by temitope27(m): 1:05pm On Oct 19, 2021
sexymonkey:
yeah, Igalas have certain similarities with the yorubas, they mostly have no religion.
unlike one Muslim Yoruba man I know in Abuja is name is alhaji Kelvin he is from offa
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by sexymonkey(m): 1:50pm On Oct 19, 2021
hassinho707:

Some of the Igalas are Muslims, some are Christians, while very few are traditional worshipers
On paper you're right, in reality you're wrong.

Most of the so called Igala muslims and christians still practice ATR.
Being a christian/muslim is more like a tag/label for the average Igala person.

n.b I'm Igala

4 Likes

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Juliusmomoh: 2:05pm On Oct 19, 2021
samonak:
Gabaidu
Oma igala eche?
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Juliusmomoh: 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2021
Kingofhoes:
Gabaidu!!!!!! Long live the attah

Oma igala eche?
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Juliusmomoh: 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2021
Quality20:
I have really tried to know who the igalas are to no avail. Are they Igbo offspring? How come they own so much land from koton karfe to lokoja to enugu? Are they traditional worshippers, Christians or Islamist's? Or are simply a confused ppl who worship whatever is convenient?

E remain small for u to run mad..... How dare u insult us
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by kunleham(m): 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2021
Simply, he spent only five years from primary school to finish secondary school. He must be a genius!!!
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Juliusmomoh: 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2021
Austema:
Concerning the names.

Oma igala eche?
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Juliusmomoh: 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2021
Cashewman:
Agabaidu......AGAAA..BA...IDU...... MAY YOUR DAYS BE LONG..... MAY YOU REIGN SUCCESSFUL... ane- Igala- Kira-nyio...gba.... Anekihi-Ebut-Kihi-Okpa-kpa-lani Acheee[color=#990000][/color] smiley
Ugbo egwo?... Idah?
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Kingofhoes: 2:16pm On Oct 19, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Oma igala eche?

Yessirrrr!!!!!!

Attah Matthew Opaluwa is actually my uncle
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Juliusmomoh: 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2021
Kingofhoes:

Yessirrrr!!!!!!
Attah Matthew Opaluwa is actually my uncle
Hahaha cheesy
Am speaking igala and you are replying with english. cheesy
No be juju be dat....
Anyway, are u from idah?

1 Like

Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Juliusmomoh: 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2021
Ura:
Gaabaidu!!!
Oma igala eche?
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Juliusmomoh: 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2021
sexymonkey:
On paper you're right, in reality you're wrong.

Most of the so called Igala muslims and christians still practice ATR.
Being a christian/muslim is more like a tag/label for the average Igala person.

n.b I'm Igala

Igala from where?... Idah?
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Zoemicah(m): 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2021
Kogi state government approved it not appoint him. The Igala Kings maker go through the right process and nominated the right person for the throne and submitted the Name to kogi state ministry of chieftaincy affair for approval. Government doesn't have the right to nominate who becomes the Attah of Igala kingdom. Thank you.
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Loveknitting: 2:53pm On Oct 19, 2021
Austema:
Concerning the names.

Sorry, but it's doesn't sounds like you know what you're saying ,
The sit of atta of igala is purely traditional and seem dirty to me.
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by AfonjaConehead: 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2021
Terrier99:

Too daft to understand,not easy for in'b"seals nah. grin
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by sexymonkey(m): 3:40pm On Oct 19, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Igala from where?... Idah?
Dekina
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by Valkrie: 3:42pm On Oct 19, 2021
Austema:
Concerning the names.

But the former one who died was a Christian and even built a church in the Palace I learnt so all these sultan talk doesn't hold water amd all nonsense....the caliphate was defeated by the igalas and does not and never bow to sokoto....what you should be saying is it was always hard for a non moslem.to make headway in North then which is the offshoot of the islamizatuon agenda people are shouting now...hence the need to borrow Islamic names and also pretend to practice Islam....for all I know the igala people are pure animist and still hold onto their culture and traditional believes...nothing like moslem or Christian there...its all for show and pretending to confirm with what everybody is doing....!!! Go and check, the attah stool is never I repeat never a subject to any fuurcking caliphate order....that order is limited to the Emirates alone.....!!! And which the attah stool is never one and would never be....!!! Educate yourself guy and I'm not even a kogi person....!!!
Re: Mathew Opaluwa Appointed Attah Of Igala By Kogi State Government by milliondollas(m): 3:43pm On Oct 19, 2021
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEW ATAH IGALA MAY YOU LIVE LONGER THAN YOUR FOURFATHERS, THE NAME IS ALAJI NOT ALHAJI PLS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Questions about Nok People / Outside Nigeria / Cultures In West Africa / How Is A Balloon Called In Your Dialect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.