Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) (46680 Views)

Just In!!! Nigerian Prophet Heals A COVID-19 Patient (Photos, Video) / 94-Year-Old Nigerian Woman, Alakija, A Sickle Cell Patient (Photos) / FMC Umuahia First Kidney Transplant Surgery Was Successful (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by Origin(f): 11:13am On Oct 27, 2021
the second picture is key for me...

Acknowledge every single person blacks, white, asian etc

That is what real life looks like....

a lot of people and their unique capabilities always contribute to make any venture successful.

2 Likes

Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by YourFavorite21(m): 11:14am On Oct 27, 2021
Pigs will be very expensive soon...
This one na better update o, I think I will go into pig farming
grin
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by Decency2020(f): 11:20am On Oct 27, 2021
drlaykay:

By the way, brain transplant won't be bad too. Some humans wil do better with pig brains

For sure. I believe say the likes of vulture griller and bubu na cow brain dem get. Pig brain go dey great on dem abi wetin you think?
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 27, 2021
PIG don suffer be that

1 Like

Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by descartes400: 11:24am On Oct 27, 2021
Lordave:
That patient is the real human Guinea pig

Given what I read about the case, the patient is a brain dead human whose other body functions was kept alive by machine!
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by inumidun2010(m): 11:25am On Oct 27, 2021
Will our MUSLIM BROTHERS accept PIG AS A DONOR since it's HARAM....
RELIGION GO DO US SHEGE in THIS WORLD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by BJanta: 11:25am On Oct 27, 2021
ExAngel007:
This is a potentially major advance that could eventually help alleviate a dire shortage of human organs for transplant.

The process of the transplant

A pig kidney has been transplanted into a human being for the first time ever, without triggering immediate rejection by the recipient's immune system, according to Reuters.

This is a potentially major advance that could eventually helpalleviate a dire shortage of human
organs for transplant.

The procedure done at NYU Langone Health in New York City involved use of a pig whose genes had been altered so that its tissues no longer contained a molecule known to trigger almost immediate rejection.

The surgeons

The recipient was a brain-dead patient with signs of kidney dysfunction whose family consented to the experiment before she was due to be taken off of life support, researchers told Reuters.

For three days, the new kidney was attached to her blood vessels and maintained outside her body, giving researchers access to it.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/us-surgeons-successfully-test-pig-kidney-transplant-human-patient-2021-10-19/

Brain-dead Buhari, over to you : cure for your dead brain is here.But would Muhammed allow you to put pork in your body.
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by hibeebeeking: 11:30am On Oct 27, 2021
Upon all the animals on earth. Na pig them go pick. It's aiit.
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by hmohammed(m): 11:30am On Oct 27, 2021
WibusJaga:

This is the kind of society I'm supposed to be in, rubbing minds with fellow eggheads & professionals on how to move humanity forward. Not here I'm bothered on daily basis with cows & grazing routes, Banditry & Kidnapping... & a whole load of bullshit.

and also UGM killings in BIAFRA.
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by Saintmary(f): 11:31am On Oct 27, 2021
For those who didn't read through the post:

1. The pig's genes have been modified before the surgery.
2. The patient is a brain dead person whose life support is about to be removed.
3. The surgery was done with consent from the family of the patient.
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by Nothingserious: 11:32am On Oct 27, 2021
Falseprofet2:
cool

Scientific advances have made life better

I see Righteousness 2 who must be one of the most ill informed poster thinking this means the end of the world

I see his fellow ignorant religious followers wailing about anti christ

Science and Christianity aren’t alternatives.
Christians and other theists contributed greatly to the development and advancement of sciences and built some of the foremost universities that trained great minds in philosophy and science.

The Christian is never surprised at discoveries made by scientists as it was clearly spelt out in the Bible.

Francis Bacon said God had given us 2 great books of morals and nature in the Bible and sciences.

Let the human race recover that right over nature which belongs to it by divine bequest." Bacon explicitly placed his conception of knowledge and of a new science within the Christian tradition....Francis Bacon

“And God blessed them and said to them,
Be fruitful, multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it [using all its vast resources in the service of God and man];

and have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, and over every living creature that moves upon the earth.

And God said, See, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the land and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food.

And to all the animals on the earth and to every bird of the air and to everything that creeps on the ground–to everything in which there is the breath of life–I have given every green plant for food. And it was so.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:28-30‬ ‭AMPC‬‬
https://www.bible.com/8/gen.1.28-30.ampc
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by Artisticity1: 11:34am On Oct 27, 2021
fourboys:
We are getting there....

You and who?
Count Nigeria out of this grin grin grin
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by IMASTEX: 11:35am On Oct 27, 2021
NOC1:
Great news, see as pig go soon scarce.
Greater news for business minds, as pigs would be farmed heavily.
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by ostartruth: 11:35am On Oct 27, 2021
Human beings doing everything to preserve lives that dont last but very little or nothing about life that last forever.

God shey you dey see our stupidity abi!
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by olasquare: 11:37am On Oct 27, 2021
And become the new gold or Bitcoin

NOC1:
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by olasquare: 11:39am On Oct 27, 2021
Are you talking based on knowledge or just speculating?

OKOATA:
smiley
Wow, I have been waiting on this breakthrough in a long time and now I'm glad. Humans share about 95% DNA, organs with pigs. I hope with time more amazing discoveries will save the world.
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by seyz91(m): 11:40am On Oct 27, 2021
cheesy
NOC1:
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by seyz91(m): 11:40am On Oct 27, 2021
i dey tell you
Pierocash:
Let me go into pig farming.soon,the price of pigs will skyrocket
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by seyz91(m): 11:41am On Oct 27, 2021
cheesy
Crowwe:
No more hope for Nairaland beggar that wants to sell his kidney to feed and ffuvk olosho. sad sad cry

And Nigerian girls expecting their boyfriends to sell their kidney so they can buy bone straight for them. cool

Cc: fatherchristmas, kingzrocky cool
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by Igahbarr: 11:43am On Oct 27, 2021
My question is this: will my Muslim brothers and sisters accept pigs' kidney transplant?
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by Zetty177x: 11:44am On Oct 27, 2021
Stale news .. what's happening to naira land

1 Like

Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by IMASTEX: 11:44am On Oct 27, 2021
Lordave:
That patient is the real human Guinea pig
The patient was as good as been dead. Hence a better specimen for the trial.
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by Osashalom: 11:49am On Oct 27, 2021
The price of pig is going to skyrocket going forward.
In another news, pig is now an endangered specie.
Still on the former news, begin to expect some folks to start behaving like pig if the kidney transplant goes wrong.
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by godisshit(m): 11:49am On Oct 27, 2021
Ajala was absent from the Federal Executive Council meeting yesterday. And he frequently goes abroad for medical treatment. Are you thinking what I am thinking?

NOC1:
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by Dazenoni(m): 11:51am On Oct 27, 2021
This is the height of it all grin grin[i][/i]i can’t allow this to be done on my enemies body not to talk of my loved ones,science my foot[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by OKOATA(m): 11:52am On Oct 27, 2021
olasquare:
Are you talking based on knowledge or just speculating?

No bros, it's been years scientist have been researching about this, atleast it will reduce the evil of organs trafficking.

2 Likes

Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by Dazenoni(m): 11:53am On Oct 27, 2021
Pig now go scarce for market,wahala be like bicycle ��
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by OKOATA(m): 11:54am On Oct 27, 2021
OminickConcept:

I love pig meat and some people have been telling me I should stop eating it because it brings bad luck. Is this the reason why I should stop eating it because I don't care what ever they share with humans, the meat is sweet and I love it.
Who created the pig? Satan? Anyone who tells you pig brings badluck is a cursed soul, stay away from people like that. They are the ones who will tell you your mother is a witch.
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by SUCCEED001(m): 11:55am On Oct 27, 2021
This is really a breakthrough. More discoveries
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 11:58am On Oct 27, 2021
God bless una greatly
Re: US Surgeons Successfully Test Pig Kidney Transplant In Human Patient (photos) by Hassanmaye(m): 11:59am On Oct 27, 2021
NOC1:
Hahahahaha please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Things To Do To Save Your Kidney By Firstdoctorr / Imarah 'Dr Tomi’s Haven': Lack Of Regular Sex Can Make You Lose Your Job / HIV/AIDS Support Group....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.