Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,237 members, 7,867,631 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:08 PM

Trying To Help A Cousin - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Trying To Help A Cousin (1637 Views)

I Did Best Man For A Cousin Of Mine, Now He Wants Me To Get His Wife Pregnant. / A Cousin Snatches Her Sister's Husband In Asaba / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Help A Cousin by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Oct 21, 2021
pocohantas:
Your interest faded real quick. Meaning you didn’t watch Karashika or the whole Aki na Ukwa series? Sad
I didn't get to see those at all. undecided
Re: Trying To Help A Cousin by frozen70(f): 5:44pm On Oct 21, 2021
val56:

The said kins are not actually interested in anything bout my late uncle. We have a WhatsApp group for the family, no one is actually interested bcus they know nothing bout the kind of life the man lived over there and regarding the costing of bringing his remains

If that's the case, you and the rest have to forget about it since no one is interested about him and what he has

It's considered a gone issue for the whole family
Re: Trying To Help A Cousin by izzou(m): 5:54pm On Oct 21, 2021
pocohantas:

They won’t allow the man to rest in peace. They weren’t even on standby to claim his corpse as at when he died. Now they want to go dig out loamy soil and fly it into Nigeria for burial.

Maybe the man tie diamond for waist when them bury am. I just can’t understand this.

Sometimes I wonder the kind of life some people in the diaspora live. A full grown man would die and there would be no single person by his side. Even if they don’t have a wife and kids, they should at least join their town unions abroad. I know my Igbo people have them scattered all over the world, not so sure of other tribes. It is not of God that man should be alone abeg. There should be someone to guide your family back home on things like this.

I decided to avoid the thread sef. How someone can decide to alone in this life is surprising?

But what's worse is how this cousin wants to quickly grab some of his wealth without nobody knowing.

Dem don bury the man sef. E still wan exhume the body come Nigeria. Does he even know how much that will cost?

Re: Trying To Help A Cousin by Octopusssy(f): 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2021
Things are happening
Re: Trying To Help A Cousin by Olumighty123(m): 8:38pm On Oct 21, 2021
pocohantas:

I am surprised you don’t know it. Diamond Ring is an old Nigerian movie. If you were born in the late 70s to 80s, you should know it well as it is a 90s movie. Not so sure about the Indomie generation.

Anyway, in that movie, Teju babyface alongside his cult friends stole a diamond ring from the corpse of Liz Benson. She decided to hunt and kill them one after the other.

One hell of an horror movie, I could remember.
Re: Trying To Help A Cousin by Olumighty123(m): 8:44pm On Oct 21, 2021
My take on this, don't you and your cousin just assume the rest of the family are not concern about all of this, truth is, y'all can't do it alone, you need to involve more of his family members, I believe there's more to this story that what you are narrating to us here.
Re: Trying To Help A Cousin by val56: 7:08am On Oct 22, 2021
greenie77:
OP, abeg you are the "cousin" jare! Is it confirmed that your uncle did not father a child there?
The ex- wife left with his two daughters for 28years and never returned to him. Oga am not
Re: Trying To Help A Cousin by val56: 7:15am On Oct 22, 2021
Olumighty123:
My take on this, don't you and your cousin just assume the rest of the family are not concern about all of this, truth is, y'all can't do it alone, you need to involve more of his family members, I believe there's more to this story that what you are narrating to us here.
My dad told me that none of his brothers Dey ready to spend penny since they know nothing bout him for over 40 years now he left. He only started talking to some members of the family 3 years ago through this my said cousin. Even when I tried to advice him forgive and let peace reign. He maintained he can only access or help anyone only if this my said cousin approves.
Re: Trying To Help A Cousin by val56: 7:27am On Oct 22, 2021
doggedfighter:
Your cousin who is not buoyant wants to

exhume corpse buried in US and brought back

to Nigeria all because he believes that your uncle's wealth is hidden somewhere.

Your cousin never cared and your uncle died a lonely man ,after your family mismanaged all he worked for.

Your Uncle promised you 2 million some time ago. Reason you're assisting your cousin now

Your family must be filled with terrible people.

Even in death you people are still selfish .
You must not be stupid to make a point you know.
Am only trying to assist my cousin because my late uncle had good plans for the youth even with the little I got to speak with him. He couldn’t forgive my other uncles for what he believed to be betrayal from them while he was in court with the ex-wife. Long story short, my late uncle made it public that my said uncle is his adopted son hence his own father is late and no one cared for him and his siblings ever since then. I had no interior motives just trying to get some information on how he can go out it
Re: Trying To Help A Cousin by Saintmary(f): 7:44am On Oct 22, 2021
val56:

The said kins are not actually interested in anything bout my late uncle. We have a WhatsApp group for the family, no one is actually interested bcus they know nothing bout the kind of life the man lived over there and regarding the costing of bringing his remains

They don't know the kind of life he lived over there but they were collecting the money he's been sending.

Do you need anyone to tell you that your family is full of greedy people?
Re: Trying To Help A Cousin by Matheusmartin: 7:59am On Oct 22, 2021
val56:
Good day everyone, I will go straight to the point on this, apologies for my errors in typo. I just lost one of my good uncles in US and I have this cousin of mine he believes that my late uncle used his name as next of kin in some of his assets. The problem now is how can he go about it with some vital informations at his disposal. Not forgetting my now late uncle had apparently no one before his demise last week. [/b]His wife left him 28yrs ago and he is in loggerheads with my uncles here in Nigeria even my own dad not exemption reasons because none of them gave account of every penny he sent down over 41yrs he’s been abroad.[b] So my concern now how my cousin can get an attorney either from here or in US to help write to his bank for claims. He has a lot of evident my late uncle left with him before demise.
Your papa, plus other uncles, including you and the other guy fighting over his property, na God go judge una.. angry
Re: Trying To Help A Cousin by val56: 11:05am On Oct 22, 2021
Saintmary:

They don't know the kind of life he lived over there but they were collecting the money he's been sending.

Do you need anyone to tell you that your family is full of greedy people?
They (other uncles ) made a lot of mistakes that is somehow affecting most youths today. Because of greed, to the point that one of my extended uncle who happens to be an importer where I do business has refused giving me goods on credits even after I proved several points to him bout my honesty.
He told me that he didn’t plan doing business any of my family members
Re: Trying To Help A Cousin by Saintmary(f): 11:17am On Oct 22, 2021
val56:

They (other uncles ) made a lot of mistakes that is somehow affecting most youths today. Because of greed, to the point that one of my extended uncle who happens to be an importer where I do business has refused giving me goods on credits even after I proved several points to him bout my honesty.
He told me that he didn’t plan doing business any of my family members

Exactly, so, maybe your cousin is also like your uncles, maybe he's greedy too.

Leave them alone.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Suggest I Do In This Situation? / How do you fing true happiness in marriage / Creative Disaster!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.