Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough (7058 Views)

Help! He Is Not Man Enough. / You Are Not Man Enough - Ladies Only / Are You Man Enough For Bromance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by BABE3: 10:50am On Jun 03, 2011
zstranger:

Not really, it  just the nervous system taking a life of its own. Normally suppressed by the brain, but once the brain is off, the nervous system act erratically.

Basic physiology/neuroscience baby!

HA! Fstranger, you can't beat me at my game! Nope! I'm a pre-medical student remember!? I know all of that, and even more-- cool .

It was just humor; my previous posts were supposed to be humorous. True story though!
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by ikhideman(m): 10:55am On Jun 03, 2011
@Poster, ogugua88 & Others:

This Topic is quite unusual & funny, I can't believe some persons on this thread are talking about feeling bad killing a chicken, rat etc. But you guys eat chicken abi? Did you eat it while it was alive? Since you feel somehow killing chicken, you should feel somehow eating a chicken killed by someone else.

Animals don't have any covenant with God, we do! And we haven't been given any restriction on what animal to eat or not, except for health reasons or personal conviction.

While growing up, my mum usually bought day-old chicks(broilers), which we(the children) usually fed till they were mature. In a sense, you could say i had a relationship with different generations of chickens. Personally, I can't count how many chickens have been killed or murdered (lol) by me.

And as others said, killing chicken or not doesn't make you a man! Being a man entails handling responsibility, etc.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by freezy(m): 11:13am On Jun 03, 2011
Funny Thread. . . grin grin Lovely one for a Friday.

I cannot count the number of chickens I've killed.
Growing up, I was the master butcher. I killed chicken, goats, ram, sheep, antelopes, gazelles, grass cutters, giant rats, snakes of different sizes and once; a young warthog.
Even now, when i feel like a real barbecue, I go buy a chicken and in 45 minutes the grill is running.  cheesy
But, OP you need to grow some balls and learn how to slaughter a chicken properly. I assure you, the killing you do is more merciful than what the frozen ones go through. . .  Semi electrocution, boiling baths to remove feathers whilst alive. . . At every chance you get, give them a honorable death!

However, not killing a chicken does not make you less than a man sha. Naah. It doesn't.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by blank(f): 11:30am On Jun 03, 2011
@ poster, u need 2 grow some balls n handle ur fear. YES, it DOES make u less of a man. (n I thought I was a butter).
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by samtoye(m): 12:06pm On Jun 03, 2011
I can't kill a chicken because i find killing anything with blood repulsive ( except for mosquitoes). i come as regualr as any man can be !!!! No big deal!!!!
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by deotelan(m): 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2011
I can kill human beings if need be, line up GEJ, Obasanjo, Atiku, Abdulsalam, Buhari, Babangida, Bukola Saraki, Gbenga Daniel, Dimeji Bankole etc &i promise u i'll kill em wit ma bear hands &knife like a chicken, they dnt worth living in d 1st place mschewww bt dat makes me a Man now @OP is a gurl.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by maclatunji: 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2011
blank:

@ poster, u need 2 grow some balls n handle your fear. YES, it DOES make u less of a man. (n I thought I was a butter).

No, you are a real pako. Being a man means doing things that have to be done even if you detest them. I do not think anybody loves chickens as pets as much as I do. However, if it has to be killed, it has to be killed. There is no moral uprightness in a man telling the world he does not have the guts to kill a chicken. This does not mean you cannot get your wife pregnant or have children, but it is likely that your children will end-up being afraid of their own shadows.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by desthan(m): 12:58pm On Jun 03, 2011
@OP, you must be a toddler. . . .

I made my first kill when i was 5 yrs old. . . I just yanked the damn neck off with my hands cool, crazy chicken did not not want to succumb. My Aunt just stared at me with dis-belief.

Grow some balls mehn, seems you have been eating plenty chicken liver. . . . .
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by tnktosin(m): 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2011
@Poster, u're a man, only without balls tongue
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by Thirst4Lif: 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2011
are this people not cannibals

Don't you eat fried chicken, bbq chicken, baked chicken??

Are YOU a cannibal??
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by dollypi(m): 3:03pm On Jun 03, 2011
I have killed chickens, guinea fowl, rabbit,

But I still jump when I see a rat. Can't stand the sight of the smashed innards. Thank God for rat glue!

You have to be merciful about the killing; make sure the knife is very sharp, and make sure you actually cut the main veins, otherwise, the chicken will get up and run!
My brother tried to kill a chicken with a blunt knife once, and the chicken got up in protest and ran off. We had to chase the chicken around the compound, even though its head was half off, dripping blood everywhere.

It was delicious though, maybe because we all worked for that meat!
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by kokoye(m): 3:07pm On Jun 03, 2011
I killed chickens and rams at home for over 15years. But now I cant get myself to do it since Ive not done it in a loooong time.

So, according to some of the posts here, I am not man enough.

funny.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 03, 2011
NONSENSE !!!!!!!!!!!! but you guys eat chickens and eggs
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by phraze(m): 3:39pm On Jun 03, 2011
WALK OVER,
i stud over ur post and all i say is walk over, just walk over man, it aint worth it, AND IF A WILD FOX EVER ATTACKED MY HOME THEN ITS A FIGHT LIFE OR DEATH.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by mystikal(m): 3:44pm On Jun 03, 2011
I tell the goat to help me kill the chicken
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by MeGaStReEt: 4:14pm On Jun 03, 2011
wetin person no go read for NL
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by Dsense(m): 5:00pm On Jun 03, 2011
OP.
MrBrown . .I knew i would find you here

OP.

Your post sucks and funny at the same time . .Why does killing fowls/chickens makes/considers you as a real man?

What person no go hear for NL
undecided grin
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by tithe(m): 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2011
Please for me killing a chicken is not the problem here, it is just the means of killing the chicken. How can i put a knife on the throat and start cutting it as if am peeling an orange. Give me a gun and i will kill as many as you want but not with a knife, it is barbaric joo.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by tithe(m): 5:26pm On Jun 03, 2011
Most countries use a kind of machine for their slaughter because the know it is barbaric, then why should even Nigerian girls be so mean to kill chicken manually. I still believe that it is barbaric.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by Basics007: 5:28pm On Jun 03, 2011
deotelan:

I can kill human beings if need be, line up GEJ, Obasanjo, Atiku, Abdulsalam, Buhari, Babangida, Bukola Saraki, Gbenga Daniel, Dimeji Bankole etc &i promise u i'll kill em wit ma bear hands &knife like a chicken, they dnt worth living in d 1st place mschewww bt dat makes me a Man now @OP is a gurl.
Best post of the day!!!
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2011
sley4life:
u spoke well my dear. I wish other gal on NL & in the country will reason lyk u. Those ladies that mock lyk as if they dont go to toilet. Soon they will tell a man to go & kill cow if he is man enuff

Aww, thank you. cheesy

ikhideman:
@Poster, ogugua88 & Others:

This Topic is quite unusual & funny, I can't believe some persons on this thread are talking about feeling bad killing a chicken, rat etc. But you guys eat chicken abi? Did you eat it while it was alive? Since you feel somehow killing chicken, you should feel somehow eating a chicken killed by someone else.

Animals don't have any covenant with God, we do! And we haven't been given any restriction on what animal to eat or not, except for health reasons or personal conviction.

While growing up, my mum usually bought day-old chicks(broilers), which we(the children) usually fed till they were mature. In a sense, you could say i had a relationship with different generations of chickens. Personally, I can't count how many chickens have been killed or murdered (lol) by me.

And as others said, killing chicken or not doesn't make you a man! Being a man entails handling responsibility, etc.

I feel somehow killing a chicken with my own hands. I've tried going vegetarian before. Very difficult lol. Until I learn how to get adequate protein without meat, I'll be eating it.

That's just how I am with everything. Spiders, roaches, flies, centipedes, birds, snakes sef. I catch and release everything I see, shielding them from my mom who is usually running after them with slippers or shovel lol.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by tithe(m): 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2011
samtoye:

I can't kill a chicken because i find killing anything with blood repulsive ( except for mosquitoes). i come as regualr as any man can be !!!! No big deal!!!!

Infact, you got it shedding of blood is the issue. Moreover chicken is not an enemy of man like snake some people are talking about, give me thousands of snakes in a house i will set the snake with the house on fire, without looking back.

I have killed a lots of snakes before.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2011
this topic reminds me my first time to kill a chicken! i cant believe i did it till today!  i tore a part of my mom's old wraper and cover the chickens face ,my hands were shaking but i forced my muscle to hold its head tight to the extend that after i cut the creature no single drop of blood came out. i tell myself that may be the chicken dnt eat a lot of vegetable but i never told my mom about it who hail me telling me how im now a big boy,
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by CzarChris(m): 5:53pm On Jun 03, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ROTFLMFAO!!! Why did I come into this tread late grin grin
no see butti, chei na to kill fowl be problem
I understand the fact dat some people are sensitive to blood, but this is total outrageous. Guyman you fight at all when you dey school. You sound soooooo sissy angry
mtcheew
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2011
see ur head. U know fit kill chicken but u fit give ur girl friend moni make she comot belly? Abeg go rest!
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by tnktosin(m): 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2011
If dis kind guy wey no fit kill common fowl vex [ angry] im fit shuk person bottle like 5x for yansh ooo. Dis kind guys, na dem vex pass.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by lepasharon(f): 8:43pm On Jun 03, 2011
ABEG! i no blame d guy jare,i cant just imagine holdin it in d first place talkless of putting knife 2 d neck nd slicing nd lettin blood splat everywhere.Kai! Lai lai.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by Advocator: 8:51pm On Jun 03, 2011
OP what the girl was trying to discover (when she told you to kill the chicken) was if you can provide or even protect her in the future reference before she gives you the green light. That fact that you couldn't kill a harmless bird - demo to the girls that you are not a man enough.

Frankly I don't blame the girl. You go to the rural areas you ought to act like a real man not some kind of fake urban runner. African men fight wild animals and u are here telling us that you couldn't slaughter a chicken?
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by luckynzo(m): 10:29pm On Jun 03, 2011
@ Poster.
Even if you can't kill a chicken, you've seen it done several times. You should have summoned up courage to kill that chicken. See as you fall your hand in front of those babes. Na wa for you ooo.
You no fit kill chicken. But you fit chop am.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by someboby(m): 10:43pm On Jun 03, 2011
LMAO!!! really cracked up on this one
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by follypimpi(m): 10:51pm On Jun 03, 2011
Boi,i once did it and I had nightmares for days.
Re: Killing A Life Chicken Does It Make Me Man Enough by follypimpi(m): 10:53pm On Jun 03, 2011
The chicken wld stare right into ones eyes in a way pleading pls don't kill me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies Pls Choose Wisely Between Dis Pics Ok / (PICS): To Be Honest, Girls Are Amazing / I Finally Found A Good Woman That Truly Loves Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.