Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School (17037 Views)

Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? / Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill / Injustice In My Workplace; Should I Return The Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by SeaTrade(m): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
Runaway from anything that will make you leave school,trust me on this.
As you grow,you'll understand this better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
That’s really up to you sha. If left to me I would have dropped a long time ago if not for my parents. But I think you should just try to juggle both. You can do it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by CrystalSpark(m): 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
TheWolfen:
Finnish sch first. E get why

What’s your monthly income?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by AbdQadri: 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2021
Who school help, abeg go for e learning and continue your business my brother. Naa money everyone dey find jaree.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
Oga, this question is annoying especially in today's Nigeria. It's like you just decided to either come show off the fact you're earning 250K monthly to mock broke people here or you're just not wise.

Better keep pursuing that money you're making and be using the proceeds to pay for anything that has to do with school. Is it not in this same Nigeria that Davido was a serving corps member while having tours and shows all over the United States?

Have sense o!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Lightway: 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
kayode69:

It's just hard for me

You can do it like this

Pay someone to do your practicals, test.. and pay someone to sit close to your during exams and tell you the answer...

I'm not longer a student but this should work

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by favour32(m): 4:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
I will summarize my advise:
If education is important, then, money is priceless.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by A1money: 4:49pm On Oct 25, 2021
Focus on both o...owonikoko
kayode69:
Dear Nairalanders,

My name is Kayode Sherif, I'm a 300L student of a state university in the country studying a 5 year course.

Last year, (during the lockdown).... I was hell broke(so broke I couldn't even feed)

I had heard of this online business, but I didn't have any guidance on how to go about it, AND I didn't even have money to buy the course available for it.

I decided I was going to find a way to buy the course, so I took a job as a fuel station attendant (I worked there for 6 months) I saved up some money.

I bought the course and started studying and implementing all I had learnt, day and night...

It was as if nothing was working "I was desperate! I wasn't making money."

But I kept on...

Finally this year, I got the breakthrough. I got my first payment.

Fast forward to today, I have been making at least 250k in a month but I can't keep up with my school.

I'm thinking of terminating my school but I don't want to make a decision that will affect me for the rest of my life so I'm seeking for your honest opinion.

Should I quit school and focus more on my online business?
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Lightway: 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
kayode69:
Dear Nairalanders,

My name is Kayode Sherif, I'm a 300L student of a state university in the country studying a 5 year course.

Last year, (during the lockdown).... I was hell broke(so broke I couldn't even feed)

I had heard of this online business, but I didn't have any guidance on how to go about it, AND I didn't even have money to buy the course available for it.

I decided I was going to find a way to buy the course, so I took a job as a fuel station attendant (I worked there for 6 months) I saved up some money.

I bought the course and started studying and implementing all I had learnt, day and night...

But I kept on...

Fast forward to today, I have been making at least 250k in a month but I can't keep up with my school.

I'm thinking of terminating my school but I don't want to make a decision that will affect me for the rest of my life so I'm seeking for your honest opinion.

What's the name of your course

1 Like

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by ActuaRise696969: 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
kayode69:
Dear Nairalanders,

But I kept on...

Will future technological advancement affect your online job? Do you intend to work for anyone or corporate after school?

I think the present education system was design for the employables. And this is is a different generation where money comes from intelligence so if you must stop institutional education you must continue to read and research on future potential that could help you thrive without paperwork needed to gain exployment.

If your plan is to build companies you can quit school but if you want to work for others stay in school cos they need the paperwork to grade you for salary

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Princeton92(m): 4:51pm On Oct 25, 2021
In today's world you have to do both oh
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by hardon1(m): 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2021
Greatn3ss:
I'm sure this is a tactics you want to use to hunt those that will come here and make comments like "show me the way"

You get sense die... Twale!

He wants to sell eBook or a course I guess...

3 Likes

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Elidrisy20: 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2021
No go carry ashawooo ooo
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by tunary(m): 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2021
CrystalSpark:

What’s your monthly income?
Very good question there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Emmypure: 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2021
hardon1:

You get sense die... Twale!

Na wetin I think too

1 Like

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by duerap: 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2021
Money first, education or whatever you call it later.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Carolynn(f): 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2021
Try as much as possible to strike a balance between the two but please can you be kind enough to tell us the course you bought and how much you bought it?
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by jericco1(m): 4:55pm On Oct 25, 2021
Lol.. story

1 Like

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by jericco1(m): 4:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
Carolynn:
Try as much as possible to strike a balance between the two but please can you be kind enough to tell us the course you bought and how much you bought it?

grin
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Ynix(m): 4:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
kayode69:
Dear Nairalanders,

But I kept on...

If you are in Naija finish your school
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by depato88(m): 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2021
You can deffer your admission. Please Op which online biz is that? bro Am really interested . Though have learnt forex trading buh no funds to kick start. Am very willing to learn. Can I Pm you
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by lasisi69(f): 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2021
Taywon:
Education is the Light....

Don't quit.... You will need it someday
We need it everyday.. A room without books is like a body without a soul undecided undecided
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2021
Dialpad:
You can combine the 2

Person say he can't, you say he can. Is he you, are you him?

He wouldn't be here if it's that easy for him to do the two at a go.

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by VULCAN(m): 5:01pm On Oct 25, 2021
It's hard because you are not thinking of a way to handle both.

Deep down you have decided to drop out and face the money.

My advice to you is find someone younger than you that is not in school or find someone who has already finished.

Teach them how to do part of what you do and teach them well and pay them either per job or a fixed amount per month that will make them happy.

This will free some of your time and enable you to do school work. During the holidays you can pick up the slack and make more money for both of you.

kayode69:

It's just hard for me

1 Like

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Cousin9999: 5:02pm On Oct 25, 2021
Do both. Tomorrow your business could tank, or a bunch of people could saturate the market. "Don't put all your eggs in one basket."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2021
grin
DoggoneDogg:

Na Yahoo what else??
The idiot save money buy laptop go learn for HK con come here dey cap nonsense
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by tunary(m): 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2021
Buddha3:
Oga, this question is annoying especially in today's Nigeria. It's like you just decided to either come show off the fact you're earning 250K monthly to mock broke people here or you're just not wise.

Better keep pursuing that money you're making and be using the proceeds to pay for anything that has to do with school. Is it not in this same Nigeria that Davido was a serving corps member while having tours and shows all over the United States?

Have sense o!
That guy is just so annoying for asking this kinda question. He should rather quit the online business and focus his studies since he's looking for advice
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by akilo1: 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2021
Chase the cash...school is a scam
Re: Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School by victooman: 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2021
Mideriks04:
Boss If you don't mind, can you tell me the particular online business you are doing and the course you bought and how much you bought the course?
this is the tactics he use, haba u people should know better now, he just want to market his online business

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet Akintola Williams, The First Chartered Accountant In Africa / Will You Return This To Your Company? / 5 Important Technical Skills To Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.