Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? (47553 Views)

Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy / Which Of These Soups Is Best With Akpu? / Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2021
Kfed4ril:

Ofe nsala
Ofe oha
Ofe anghara
Ofe ukazi
Ofe Owerri
Ofe onugbo
Ofe Achara
Ofe akwu
Ofe Ugbogoro
Ofe Ugba
Ofe Anala
Ofe Awa
Ofe Akwukwo nri
Ofe Uziza
Ofe Ukpo
Ofe Mpoto

Should I continue?
This are just soups o not food.

Ofe akara, Ofe Enugu, Ofe Imo, ofe moin moin, ofe puff puff... Continue... grin
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Kfed4ril(m): 4:38pm On Nov 01, 2021
Afriqan:

That sounds like defeat,
but I’ll love you to go to any Yoruba villages in osun, Ibadan and co, and beg the old mamas to help you prepare Egusi soup. They’ll tell you they’ve never heard of it.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Kfed4ril(m): 4:38pm On Nov 01, 2021
Afriqan:

Google is your friend brother
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 01, 2021
Kfed4ril:

That sounds like defeat,
but I’ll love you to go to any Yoruba villages in osun, Ibadan and co, and beg the old mamas to help you prepare Egusi soup. They’ll tell you they’ve never heard of it.

Then you haven't left your village... Egusi must be like Pizza in your hometown. grin
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Kfed4ril(m): 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2021
Afriqan:

Then you haven't left your village... Egusi must be like Pizza in your hometown. grin

What is the Yoruba name for Egusi?
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2021
Kfed4ril:

What is the Yoruba name for Egusi?
Tell me, what is the Igbo name? Don't tell me u think Egusi is an Igbo word? That would mean I have been talking to a totally clueless individual all the while...

If Egusi is an Igbo word, then Garri is a Yoruba word.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Kfed4ril(m): 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2021
Afriqan:

Tell me, what is the Igbo name? Don't tell me u think Egusi is an Igbo word? That would mean I have been talking to a totally clueless individual all the while...

If Egusi is an Igbo word, then Garri is a Yoruba word.

I’m done arguing with you,
You know in your heart that the only soup you people have is ewedu and gbegiri. Browse the internet and ask questions.
Bye.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2021
Kfed4ril:

I’m done arguing with you,
You know in your heart that the only soup you people have is ewedu and gbegiri. Browse the internet and ask questions.
Bye.

Nna mechie onu there.... cheesy I just dey catch cruise since, see this one dey list name of soups... Village man grin
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by kalebest: 6:27pm On Nov 01, 2021
grin
Afriqan:

Nna mechie onu there.... cheesy I just dey catch cruise since, see this one dey list name of soups... Village man grin
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by malcom1X: 1:11am On Nov 05, 2021
Afriqan:

Egusi is not an Igbo word. It Is a West African word. The same meaning Egusi has in Igbo is what it has in Yoruba. Same as Garri. Garri sounds like a Yoruba word, but it is used all over West Africa... So pls...

Go to Google translate, incase you don't know the site here it is

https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&tab=TT

Type in Egusi or Egwusi change the detect language to Yoruba then when it doesn't give you any results, change it to Igbo and see the results it gives you.

Now let me burst your bubble.

Ogbono, Egusi (real name Egwusi) and okro ( derived from ukuru) are all Igbo names.

if you're discernable you should even detect which tribe owns a particular soup

How is your name even afriqan and you don't know these things? Leave kfed4ril he says he doesn't want to argue.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 4:40am On Nov 05, 2021
malcom1X:

Go to Google translate, incase you don't know the site here it is

https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&tab=TT

Type in Egusi or Egwusi change the detect language to Yoruba then when it doesn't give you any results, change it to Igbo and see the results it gives you.

Now let me burst your bubble.

Ogbono, Egusi (real name Egwusi) and okro ( derived from ukuru) are all Igbo names.

if you're discernable you should even detect which tribe owns a particular soup

How is your name even afriqan and you don't know these things? Leave kfed4ril he says he doesn't want to argue.

You're just displaying illiteracy thinking you did fact finding. You really think Okra (Okro) is native to Nigeria alone? Talk less of Igbo tribe? My man, please school yourself.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okra

Imagine talking about Google translate just because u can find the word 'Egwusi' under Igbo, lol... not only Egwusi, it's Egwusaw!

Go and tell the other West African countries eating it as a native soup that it's from the Igbo tribe. I don't have your time.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by malcom1X: 4:18pm On Nov 14, 2021
Afriqan:

You're just displaying illiteracy thinking you did fact finding. You really think Okra (Okro) is native to Nigeria alone? Talk less of Igbo tribe? My man, please school yourself.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okra

Imagine talking about Google translate just because u can find the word 'Egwusi' under Igbo, lol... not only Egwusi, it's Egwusaw!

Go and tell the other West African countries eating it as a native soup that it's from the Igbo tribe. I don't have your time.
the truth hurts, at least those countries have a name for melon. What is the name for melon In Yoruba language?
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2021
malcom1X:
the truth hurts, at least those countries have a name for melon. What is the name for melon In Yoruba language?

Hahaha... So you think there's no name for melon in Yoruba language. Okay. Igbos own melon too... Congrats. In fact, you own Okro, Egusi, Garri, Fufu. grin
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by malcom1X: 10:45am On Nov 20, 2021
Afriqan:

Hahaha... So you think there's no name for melon in Yoruba language. Okay. Igbos own melon too... Congrats. In fact, you own Okro, Egusi, Garri, Fufu. grin

Baba tell me the name of melon in Yoruba language.
When did the Yoruba people start eating melon soup?

Do you know that eating of melon soup started in Ekiti state. You think you are talking to a child.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by shantti(m): 1:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
EraseTheDot:
Honestly, ibos don't really have soups, they borrowed their cuisines from Akwa ibom & Calabar. Asides, Egusi & Ogbona, nothing else.

-erase the dot

U wish grin grin, our soups are numerous.
If u drop ur tribalistic mentality, I can prepare ofe ede and groundnut soup for you and waybill it to u
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by 15ssDRIVE(m): 7:44pm On Dec 07, 2021
iamyemiakins:
How many of the soups in the picture below have you tried/tasted?

I have tried six of them:
Okra
Ewedu
Ogbono
Egusi
Ẹ̀fọ́ rírò
Gbegiri

I don chop all.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by suratwo62: 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2021
iamyemiakins:
How many of the soups in the picture below have you tried/tasted?

I have tried and I done sama ALL of THEM.
ALL of them. Some I flog with eba. Some I flog with pounded yam. Some I package with amala. Some with Akpu.
Nna menh!!!

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Aliceelixir060: 3:16pm On Aug 08, 2022
FuckAllTheMODs:

Which one is efo riro?

OP, the proper name is vegetable soup since it cut across different tribes.

I have eaten all but I don't think I can eat any of gbegiri, ewedu, miyankuka etc again or anytime soon. I had them during my years as a student and as a corp member.
My favorite is onugbo mixed with fresh egusi or Ogbono soup or onugbo alone...
The mixing is learnt from frequent patronizing of restaurants back then. cheesy grin
which one is onugbu,it should be bitter leaf soup since it cut across most tribe Yoruba call it Obe ewuro.

Which one is ogbono,it should be draw soup since it cuts across all tribe,Yoruba call it Obe apon.Google it ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Look At The Snake I Just Killed / What Do You Feel Like Eating Now? / ₦1,200 Tuber Of Yam In Ibadan (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.