Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,150 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? (47466 Views)

Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy / Which Of These Soups Is Best With Akpu? / Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by suratwo62: 5:08pm On Oct 30, 2021
All of them.
Plus these other ones not in the list
1).Owowhri
2) Miyan taushe
3) ashwe with nyam toho (Tiv)
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by AlphaStyles(m): 5:10pm On Oct 30, 2021
JUST 8
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by efficiencie(m): 5:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Even if an Angel comes from heaven to inform me that eating Ewedu will stop all of Earth's problems.

Please, let the problems continue.

I'm not going to guzzle hydraulic fluid.

The day you make the mistake of eating ewedu with correct palm oil stew and amala...you will regret this your post!
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by efficiencie(m): 5:13pm On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:
How many of the soups in the picture below have you tried/tasted?

I have tried six of them:
Okra
Ewedu
Ogbono
Egusi
Ẹ̀fọ́ rírò
Gbegiri

I have eaten all except Miyan kuka and gbegiri...but we get soups sha...I can eat swallow for the rest of my life provided the soups keep changing...

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 30, 2021
malcom1X:

Egusi is an Igbo name.

Egusi is different from Enugu. Maybe Sunday Igboho is also an Igbo man. undecided

In case you didn't know Egusi (melon soup) is a native soup to Yorubas as well as other tribes all across West Africa. While I agree that not only Yorubas eat it, it is a traditional Yoruba soup. Same as Okro, Apon (Igbos call it ogbono),obe ewuro (bitter leaf soup)...

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Lostchild(m): 5:17pm On Oct 30, 2021
nijaomegacode:
Don't marry a woman you did not disvirgin. She's a curse to her children: born and unborn.

You keep me laughing hard.

grin
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
delpee:

People are becoming wiser now. People now know that those veggies are highly nutritious. Those living abroad are sending their kids for Yoruba language and culture lessons.

So true. Even African Americans are tracing their roots back to Africa. Most Popular celebs have Nigerian ancestry. 50% of fighters and musicians in America have Nigerian roots: Deontay Wilder, Jon Jones, Lil Wayneetc have Nigerian roots.

Recently, Meek Mill said Bitter Kola cured his stomach ailment which he had been battling for years... We have thrown away so many of our herbs and we think we are woke... Lol.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by FairlyUSEDpussy: 5:24pm On Oct 30, 2021
36STATES:

They like to give everything their Yoruba names. Like none existent Ofada rice. Even rice grown in the north and east are called Ofada rice by average Yoruba man, even though there is no rice grown in Ofada in any significant quantity. They even have Abakeleke and Sokoto rice bagged and lebled Ofada rice.

Typical non travelling primitive bimbo.......
How many south western states have u been to to conclude they don't make local rice??
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 30, 2021
delpee:

People are becoming wiser now. People now know that those veggies are highly nutritious. Those living abroad are sending their kids for Yoruba language and culture lessons.

So true. Even African Americans are tracing their roots back to Africa. Most Popular celebs have Nigerian ancestry. 50% of fighters and musicians in America have Nigerian roots: Deontay Wilder, Jon Jones, Lil Wayneetc have Nigerian roots.

Recently, Meek Mill said Bitter Kola cured his stomach ailment which he had been battling for years... We have thrown away so many of our herbs and we think we are woke... Lol. If you eat bitter Kola and Kola nut in Nigeria, everyone will see u as a bush man. Black man ehn, we don't value what we have.

The saddest one is our women, they never feel beautiful until they wear artificial hair or hair from one Indian temple shaved to idols. When we all know the African hair is naturally short and thick. No self love... embarassed
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by DrFunmisticGlow: 5:24pm On Oct 30, 2021
malcom1X:

If you had said melon soup in your post, I would have accepted but you mentioning Egusi defeated the whole purpose.

Evusi as a name is an Igbo name, besides have you ever eaten anything without stew added to it?
A real egusi soup has no stew added to sweeten it. Its just sweet on its own.

The south south has more food than the south east but when it comes to Egusi... Its the east that owns it.

I'm from the south south. Not Igbo.
igbos and their greed, claiming what isn't theirs

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Suspect33(m): 5:30pm On Oct 30, 2021
Afriqan:
I love all 5 Yoruba soups: Efo Riro, Ewedu + Gbegiri, Okro soup and Egusi... Yum!
When did Okra and Egusi become yoruba soup?
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by sofiscatedmoron: 5:33pm On Oct 30, 2021
Remove ewedu amd gbegiri, afonjas dont have good food
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by JBoss25(m): 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Okro(my favorite....if you are a baby girl and you know how to cook okro soup very well...then I will never leave you)
Banga
Egusi
Ogbono
Ewedu
Even if she fvcks ur brother?
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by JBoss25(m): 5:42pm On Oct 30, 2021
efficiencie:

The day you make the mistake of eating ewedu with correct palm oil stew and amala...you will regret this your post!
mtttcheww
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by ichommy(m): 5:43pm On Oct 30, 2021
WispyEthereal:
is it good?

Yes
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by ggood: 5:43pm On Oct 30, 2021
Queenserah26:
Oh really shocked

the soup is irritating my Fulani babe always forcing me to eat it

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Bamzyriches451: 5:44pm On Oct 30, 2021
All except that ewedu and gbegiri, especially that gbegiri the name alone go make vomit
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by siant: 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2021
oluwaseyi0:

I don't know but what I do know is that we south west don't have much soup probably just 3 or 4 popular soup variety and that's all

My Igbo family friend on the other hand is always cooking different stuff, they can afford to rotate soup for complete two months without repeating any variety, Yoruba options will be exhausted in less than 2 weeks of regular cooking considering you cook soup every four to five days
who told you yoruba no get many soup? Na we get soup pass

Ewedu
Gbegiri
Omi obe
Ila
Orunla
Ilasa
Isapa
Efo ogunmo
Egusi
Efo gure
Efo Tete
Efo ebolo
Efo soko
Efo yanrin
Efo ebure

Yoruba get sweet soup no be small.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by thatigboman1: 5:49pm On Oct 30, 2021
I have tried all.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by thatigboman1: 5:50pm On Oct 30, 2021
Bamzyriches451:
All except that ewedu and gbegiri, especially that gbegiri the name alone go make vomit
gbegiri is sweet o, especially if kwara yoruba and nupe people prepare it.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by nanauju(f): 5:53pm On Oct 30, 2021
Afriqan:
I love all 5 Yoruba soups: Efo Riro, Ewedu + Gbegiri, Okro soup and Egusi... Yum!

Okro and egusi is not ‘yoruba soup’

Every tribe cooks it

Your soups are ewedu, efo riro and gbegiri
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Crieff(m): 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Okra
Ewedu
Ogbono
Egusi
Ẹ̀fọ́ rírò
Gbegiri

I don't know if you are Yoruba o but that's not the soup we have.

Efo riro
Efo elegusi: vegetables with egusi
Egusi soup: egusi blended with water without any leafy greens
Omi obe/obe ata: tomatoes, rodo, etc for a reddish looking soup
Ata dindin: ditto but fried with a mixture of palm oil and groundnut oil or either
Ata Ofada: usually unripe tomatoes, rodo with locust beans
Gbegiri

Ewedu is an accompaniment that goes with egusi or obe ata.

Those are the ones I know. I know there are more.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by geechy: 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2021
Use geechy

@op.. South east and south south +south west have more soup on your menu... Why is it that na only miya kuka be the only soup from the north on the menu..??

North sef no get food ... If not danwake

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Evercurious(f): 6:16pm On Oct 30, 2021
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by BlackyOne(m): 6:19pm On Oct 30, 2021
Mercychen:

Looking forward to that day yuh. cheesy I would like it nicely packaged with enough side attractions ( if you know what I mean) and delivered to my door step. tongue

Can you cook?

Lol sure.... I know what and how you mean grin

Cooking skill is 100% tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 30, 2021
nanauju:

Okro and egusi is not ‘yoruba soup’

Every tribe cooks it

Your soups are ewedu, efo riro and gbegiri

CNN, keep telling me what our soups are... undecided
Every tribe cooks it, so our own people can't say their own Egusi is theirs again? Nna mechie onu there! grin
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 30, 2021
Suspect33:
When did Okra and Egusi become yoruba soup?

Do Igbos own them instead? They are native to every tribe in the South, so we can claim them, not stopping u from claiming as well.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by friendl: 6:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
All
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Kyf1: 6:32pm On Oct 30, 2021
All all day
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by hahn(m): 6:32pm On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Okra
Ewedu
Ogbono
Egusi
Ẹ̀fọ́ rírò
Gbegiri

All and more cool

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Birdsaiview73: 6:37pm On Oct 30, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Even if an Angel comes from heaven to inform me that eating Ewedu will stop all of Earth's problems.

Please, let the problems continue.

I'm not going to guzzle hydraulic fluid.
what are u "guzzling"? u're wicked ���
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackyOne:

Lol sure.... I know what and how you mean grin

Cooking skill is 100% tongue

Wow! Good to know. cheesy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photo Of The Oha Soup I Prepared With N850 In School / Look At The Snake I Just Killed / Nigerian Delicacies That Will Make You Bite Your Fingers- Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.