Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life (56205 Views)

Saraki Snubbed Tinubu, Tinubu Called Him Back & Greeted Him (Throwback Video) / Lagos APC Members Protest Against Imposition Of Candidates By Tinubu, Others / Akinwunmi Adeshina Attends G7 Summit, Buhari Snubbed - Reno Omokri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by discusant: 11:26am On Oct 24, 2021
agabusta:

Stop whinning! Bring out your candidate to confront anybody others are bringing. The only time the whole country allowed only a region to contest was in 1999, Yoruba vs Yoruba as compensation for the demise and denial of MKO Abiola of the presidency.

Even at that, Igbo man still challenged them at the primaries and lost before they emerged.

Stop lying. If compensation because of MKO was it in 1999, how about the 1983 coup that forestalled VP Alex Ekwueme succeeding president Shehu Shagari? No compensation for that?

Above all, Ekwueme’s contest against OBJ was merely symbolical, because OBJ was already primed by north to become the next president, given the fastest state pardon ever that was granted OBJ by northern political establishment in 1998, with OBJ imposed on PDP for presidential ticket of the party.

Else, how could Olusegun Obasanjo fresh from prison with N20,000 in his bank account have won Alex Ekwueme who formed PDP with his Group of 33?
Before then, most of the Yoruba politicians were in their tribal party, AD, were hostile to PDP.
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by Jackson105: 11:27am On Oct 24, 2021
slydog:
Everyone will bury their ambitions for an igbo man eventually. Let's not waste our time on this. Im a yoruba man and I will not support anyone aside an igbo man for the presidency.
Either President Peter Obi, Umahi, soludo or nothing.

Ibo man keep deluding yourself
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by tyup(m): 11:28am On Oct 24, 2021
xscoffy:

This is d so called man of God. When I tell pple religion seems a joke, they won't hear. He is ready to fight with his life. So politics now is exactly where God called him instead of house of God

This week is another opportunity to be sensible
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by agabusta: 11:30am On Oct 24, 2021
DonMekino:
Can't we nigerian youths pit Osibanjo+Obi together.... jettison all these old power mongers. Ohh who am I kidding??

Do you mean put or pit?
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by agabusta: 11:34am On Oct 24, 2021
Winters23:

You only speak for yourself and that's just one vote for your prof

Osinbajo will never smell presidency because he's a holier than thou crook

A wannabe intellectual voice of reason with no substance

You have only one vote for yourself as well.

Osibanjo is also getting my vote!
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 24, 2021
Joylove2324:

Is this all you can offer ? OK, can you tell your Pman who is better than him to run then ?

Women v always been the victims of pastors. I wouldn't say more than this.
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by Deputy1111(m): 11:35am On Oct 24, 2021
This day journalism is something else. Osinbajo has never said anything concerning his presidential ambition, why are you guys looking for ways of putting separation between Osinbajo and Tinubu. Nigeria will be great.
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by agabusta: 11:36am On Oct 24, 2021
Angelfrost:

Lol... He does that to every single tribe depending on the thread. Humor is humor regardless of who is pained.

You are so wound up like the guy personally took food out of your mouth... Whatever misery you are going through, I am quite certain it has nothing to do with that fellow. Have a word with yourself.

If a joke or sarcastic comment went over your "high IQ" head, leave other "lower IQ" people to laugh and be at ease... Ironically, it is many of your kind that brought Buhari into this office as far back as 2015.

If you can't see or take a joke, stroll past and continue with your serious and perfect life... Don't waste your energy throw meaningless tantrums and insulting people like an ill-bred petulant child.

Let this be the first and the last time you respond to me with such insults and condescension... Good morning and Happy Sunday!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy I love this! People are just so rude around here.
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by Jackson105: 11:38am On Oct 24, 2021
gentiles:

Lies. He is igbo and he deliberately insults Yoruba through his tribal jabs, for you to deny this fact is a testament to the cowardly traits you Yoruba's are known for, your fearful and cowardly nature makes you to deny facts which are very obvious.

Do u see why you need brain now, who told you the guy you quoted is Yoruba? Is that still brain in that head?
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by YoungBlackRico(m): 11:41am On Oct 24, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

We've seen it over and over again, so we can agree that betrayal comes naturally with politicians and those people.

The least the pastor should have done is to show some little gratitude to the man who has made him who he is today.
And I don't mean Tinubu, I mean God.

He has not defended or propagated the growth and sustainance of Christianity in Nigeria despite being Vice-President.
So if he can put Christ in the back burner of his affairs as VP, then who is Tinubu, the other person whom we can attribute who he is today to?

Who is Tinubu that he should leave his delegated assignments in Abuja and run to visit in London because of mere athritis and Rheumatism.

Who is Tinubu that Osinbanjo should jettison his Presidential ambition for?

Being a great Christian, Osinbanjo knows the story of David and Goliath and how God picked unassuming David instead of his bulky, well-built elder brothers.

If Tinubu and Osinbanjo square up at the polls, the beatings Oleksandr Usyk gave Anthony Joshua will look like a mere rehearsal for what Tinubu will receive.

But the truth be told, Osinbanjo fvcked up.
The only thing worse than betrayal is ingratitude and the only thing worse than ingratitude is not having a conscience.

And it will amount to not having a conscience if he drops his Presidential ambition for Tinubu when he knows Tinubu's leadership will further destroy Nigeria.

But what am I even saying sef?

You dey kolo true true
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by agabusta: 11:44am On Oct 24, 2021
CSTR2:

You must be kidding.

If osibanjo the current vice president in the midst of so much misgovernance is the most honest politician in Nigeria, then your country is royally fucckked.

Fortunate for the rest of us, there is a Peter Obi.

That is the beauty of democracy! Bring your Peter Obi and let others bring forth their Osibanjo and majority will dictate the direction. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by JohnBullMySon: 11:44am On Oct 24, 2021
spinna:

Well said..to me Osinbajo is the closest to an honest politician we have in Nigeria..and that is no small thing
Honestly, not as if I'll say he's completely good. But he's the closet thing to a leader who has his country at heart. It's very evident.
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by BABANGBALI: 11:45am On Oct 24, 2021
Na wetin Baba Adeboye dey find up and down with polithievians? No wonder him no fit talks truth to them. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by BABANGBALI: 11:47am On Oct 24, 2021
Aufbauh:
All I want to advice is that Prof. Osinbajo shouldn't be underrated by any political actor for the 2023 presidential election.

He's no longer the' mere commissioner' they knew way back. He stands a better chance than anyone else.
Tinubu might outwit him within the party structure, but before the masses that matters in election Osinbajo will dust him.
Yinmu
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by AmazingELixir: 11:48am On Oct 24, 2021
grin

How can anybody in his right sense compare a known criminal and a drug baron to an erudite, discerning and cerebral professor.

Even the short while when he held sway in one of the several medical tours of the Aso rock mannequin Nigerians of true character beheld Osinbade's wide acceptance even across party lines.

1 Like

Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by CSTR2: 11:49am On Oct 24, 2021
agabusta:
quote author=CSTR2 post=107012065]
You must be kidding.

If osibanjo the current vice president in the midst of so much misgovernance is the most honest politician in Nigeria, then your country is royally fucckked.

Fortunate for the rest of us, there is a Peter Obi.

That is the beauty of democracy! Bring your Peter Obi and let others will bring forth their Osibanjo and majority will dictate the direction. Simple.
No problem.

But I have a problem when you call osibanjo the most honest politician.

This guy is currently in office.
He is not an unknown quantity that you can lie about.

Where is the honesty you are talking about as vice president of the federal republic of Nigeria?
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by TrebleChamp(m): 11:51am On Oct 24, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

We've seen it over and over again, so we can agree that betrayal comes naturally with politicians and those people.

The least the pastor should have done is to show some little gratitude to the man who has made him who he is today.
And I don't mean Tinubu, I mean God.

He has not defended or propagated the growth and sustainance of Christianity in Nigeria despite being Vice-President.
So if he can put Christ in the back burner of his affairs as VP, then who is Tinubu, the other person whom we can attribute who he is today to?

Who is Tinubu that he should leave his delegated assignments in Abuja and run to visit in London because of mere athritis and Rheumatism.

Who is Tinubu that Osinbanjo should jettison his Presidential ambition for?

Being a great Christian, Osinbanjo knows the story of David and Goliath and how God picked unassuming David instead of his bulky, well-built elder brothers.

If Tinubu and Osinbanjo square up at the polls, the beatings Oleksandr Usyk gave Anthony Joshua will look like a mere rehearsal for what Tinubu will receive.

But the truth be told, Osinbanjo fvcked up.
The only thing worse than betrayal is ingratitude and the only thing worse than ingratitude is not having a conscience.

And it will amount to not having a conscience if he drops his Presidential ambition for Tinubu when he knows Tinubu's leadership will further destroy Nigeria.

But what am I even saying sef?
Well written chief....
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by dapolaw(m): 11:54am On Oct 24, 2021
Why did you have to comment like an ignorant and unintelligent person?

Obasanjo and Jonathan did 14years all together while Yaradua and Buhari would have done 10years if all things been equal.... It's the Muslim that should be complaining and not christians.... And before you start spewing jargons, I am a Christian.

SocialJustice:
Buhari+Tinubu is how many years?
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by CSTR2: 11:54am On Oct 24, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Well written chief....
Religion is too narrow to use as a benchmark.

If tinubu was not such a highly corrupt entity unfit for the presidency, his religion should not disqualify him.
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by agabusta: 11:55am On Oct 24, 2021
CSTR2:

No problem.

But I have a problem when you call osibanjo the most honest politician.

This guy is currently in office.
He is not an unknown quantity that you can lie about.

Where is the honesty you are talking about as vice president of the federal republic of Nigeria?

I am not the poster you quoted. I am just contributing as well. I see an Osibanjo vs Peter Obi presidential battle as a step in the right direction for the country Nigeria.
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by gosmoney(m): 11:55am On Oct 24, 2021
AntiWailer:
Osinbajo won't contest against Tinubu.

I think Tinubu saw the possibility of stepping down for Osinbajo and they tried to remove "God father / God Son" tag .

Osinbajo not appearing on camera to greet Tinubu was a deliberate move by both of them.

Dem dey deceive them selves not me sha.

The writer just want to write.
hmmmm
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by agabusta: 11:57am On Oct 24, 2021
highchief1:
where u from Dey do ur analysis?osibanjo cannot win his compound.do u ppl no what is presidential election?osibanjo will not even buy the nomination form.He does not have anything to run for that election.

You are are naive.
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by CSTR2: 11:57am On Oct 24, 2021
Personally, seyi makinde is the only south west politician I see with the quality needed from that side of the country.

I wonder why Yoruba are not pushing him forward.

Their choices seem to be between an ineffectual pastor and politician or a very corrupt strongman.
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by seunmsg(m): 11:59am On Oct 24, 2021
mmsen:

It will come down to who can throw the most money around and not who has the the characteristics to steer right an errant ship.

Which means Nigeria will again be saddled with a sickly president.

Both of them are treated administrators. I have absolutely no doubt about their capacity to lead the country to greater days.
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by seunmsg(m): 12:03pm On Oct 24, 2021
agabusta:

I am not the poster you quoted. I am just contributing as well. I see an Osibanjo vs Peter Obi presidential battle as a step in the right direction for the country Nigeria.

Peter Obi stand absolutely no chance as far as PDP presidential ticket is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by CSTR2: 12:04pm On Oct 24, 2021
The 2019 elections was a clear vindication of why Socrates the philosopher hated democracy.

The idiotic majority deciding for the enlightened few.

When I go to the market and pay 100% increase inflation on goods and services, I share in the fruits of the lunatic mob that voted Buhari.
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by derecho(m): 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2021
I don't think he is better than others.Osinbajo knows the truth.He isn't the same with other politicians. The standard for him is higher.
potbelly:
Osibanjo only went to London when he had something to do there... others just wasted public funds just so they can be seen snapped with Tinubu...

I think this is an indicator of the type of person Osibanjo is...

He may not be a Saint, but he seems far better than the others...
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by ifex370(m): 12:08pm On Oct 24, 2021
Skyfornia:
Never voted for a while but honestly, if Osibanjo and Peter Obi are selected as candidates to run for president and vice president respectively on the same party...I will dust my PVC and vote for them.

Read my mind like a billboard
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by CSTR2: 12:08pm On Oct 24, 2021
seunmsg:

Peter Obi stand absolutely no chance as far as PDP presidential ticket is concerned.
The pdp are not stupid.

If they stand any chance in 2023, they know they need to market competence.

If it is not Peter obi then it is going to be someone of equal standing,not your regular politicians like atiku.

It would be Peter obi most likely.
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by highchief1: 12:08pm On Oct 24, 2021
agabusta:

You are are naive.
ok bros.
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by seunmsg(m): 12:12pm On Oct 24, 2021
CSTR2:

The pdp are not stupid.

If they stand any chance in 2023, they know they need to market competence.

If it is not Peter obi then it is going to be someone of equal standing,not your regular politicians like atiku.

It would be Peter obi most likely.

You can believe whatever makes you happy but be rest assured that in a PDP presidential primary contest involving Atiku, Wike, Saraki, Tambuwal and Peter Obi, Peter Obi will come out last. Enough said already.
Re: Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life by CSTR2: 12:13pm On Oct 24, 2021
seunmsg:

You can believe whatever makes you happy but be rest assured that in a PDP presidential primary contest involving Atiku, Wike, Saraki, Tambuwal and Peter Obi, Peter Obi will come out last. Enough said already.
This would be the best scenario for an apc supporter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Isa Jere Idris Disguises As Passport Applicant, Catches Corrupt Officials / Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu / Nnamdi Kanu Trends On Twitter As Atiku From Cameroon Story Gone Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.