Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,572 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... (2036 Views)

NNPCL Now Sells Petrol At N194/litre As Scarcity Bites Harder / Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Trek In Abuja As Fuel Now Sells For ₦1000 Per Litre / 7 Days To Polls: PVC Now Sells For N10,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by Zenithh: 12:28pm On Oct 24, 2021
Yea..I got you there,right?

So I decided to drive down to the mall on the island to get my Eva water pack. Omo Na so I shock, a pack of big Eva water I used to buy for 2500 now sells for 3k. Na so I ask wetin happen? Dem say water don dey finish for rock...hahahahaha

I still bought it sha but was still marvelled at the sky rocketed price. I now decided to drive through some local markets to check how far prices of foodstuffs na there I wan begin shed tears for haves not in our society. How will dey cope with soaring food prices. The Alhaja that supplies grains to our estate started telling me that food prices this year don pass winch. It’s now normal for one to expect new prices of foodstuffs every fuccking week in Nigeria. shocked

Pls if you’re a family man,this is not the time to be giving birth like house rats...give birth to at least none grin at most two kids for now. my honest advice.

In Lagos island currently...

One cup of rice =150
One cup of beans=200
Five fingers of plantain=1k
Bottle of palm oil=900 small Eva
Cup of garri=70
Cup of sugar=150
Cup of flour=170
Spaghetti golden penny=400
Titus sardine=400
Loaf of important bread=700
Medium sized blue band=650
Mackerel fish=850
Big Tuber of yam=1200
Bag of typhoid watcher water=150

Pls can we know the current prices of food stuffs in your current location. Make we know who to blame,Buhari or middlemen or dollar.

3 Likes

Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by TarOrfeeek: 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2021
Na who get money dey know price of food.

Me, I know all the locations for Wedding, Birthday and Housewarming in my street. From this Sunday will Next Week.

Thunder Fire Gen. Failure

7 Likes

Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by PrinceOfLagos: 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
Next time you buy your rice in bag... A bag of foreign rice is about N29000 and it will last you for months

Why buy Eva bottle water when you can buy pure water in bags from motor people

How old are you and why you still single ?

2 Likes

Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by Zenithh: 12:32pm On Oct 24, 2021
Where are these women that go to the market to gossip everyday? Come and tell us food prices in your location
Mariangeles
Pocohontas
Anita
Annie

1 Like

Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by johnmartus(m): 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2021
Liar

1 Like

Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by Zenithh: 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Next time you buy your rice in bag... A bag of foreign rice is about N29000

Eva water is what I have been drinking Abeg. I don’t need to buy disease for my self. Health is wealth Prince of Lagos grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by lilvicky68(m): 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
Star maggi 700 from 450..

1 Like

Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by Precious1995: 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
Most of the price op posted here is false. Cup of beans is 130.

Price of rice has been the same for a while now.

in fact, price of original memory card has been drastically slashed to 5k for 64gb(negotiable]) call me now to get yours that you can even resell and, I can give it to u at a lower price if you buy in bulk. Escrow is allowed

Call me08038276916

1 Like

Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by ifytrik(m): 12:39pm On Oct 24, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

How old are you and why you still single ?
The reason he buys eva water instead of pure water is because eva water are meant for humans and not gods, and besides why don't you buy water from borehole instead of pure water? Or better still go to the river and fetch water instead of waisting your money to buy water. As for the reason he is still single at his age, it's none of your business mr man, he is incharge of his life and he will marry when he thinks is right fo him to marry, he can even decide not to marry, it's still none of your business, if been single makes him happy then so be it.

13 Likes

Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by Zenithh: 12:39pm On Oct 24, 2021
lilvicky68:
Star maggi 700 from 450..
Must u use maggi when there’s okpei igala/nsukka

2 Likes

Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by lilvicky68(m): 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2021
Zenithh:

Must u use maggi when there’s okpei igala/nsukka
I don't know those things you mentioned..
Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by zionmde: 12:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
People like us don't care we would keep buying it dat way, while we still watch d hungry people collecting cups of rice and voting APC who cares?

Wonder why PDP won in Island
APC won in mushin, ajegunle etc

That's a clear description of our reality today.

Not a fan of pdp though but anybody who voted APC again does not deserve any pity all in d name of na our godfather party.

2 Likes

Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by PrinceOfLagos: 12:44pm On Oct 24, 2021
Zenithh:

Eva water is what I have been drinking Abeg. I don’t need to buy disease for my self. Health is wealth Prince of Lagos grin
Then why are you complaining as if you were forced to buy Eva water that you cannot afford

1 Like

Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by DOTian: 12:44pm On Oct 24, 2021
They starving our people to death and we are watching them helplessly do this?
You are comfortable and it's becoming hard for you to take care of things, close your eyes and imagine what poor families are going through since Buhari came on board in 2015. From just 8k, a bag of rice is chasing 30k and Buhari sits there like olumo rock chasing shadows! Tomatoes, onions, even gas! What exactly did Tinubu and his clan see in Buhari tht made them inflict him on us?

2 Likes

Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by Naijanascam: 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
Odiegwu really........

And the journey have just started.... just fasten your seatbelts for this dreaded cruise...... basically no solution in the near future..
Whether you be BMC or anti BMC
Whether you dey WAIL or you dey HAIL........this current situation is no respecter of any group or persons

2 Likes

Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by juniorstar(m): 1:53pm On Oct 24, 2021
Zenithh:

So I decided to drive down to the mall on the island to get my Eva water pack. Omo Na so I shock, a pack of big Eva water I used to buy for 2500 now sells for 3k. Na so I ask wetin happen? Dem say water don dey finish for rock...hahahahaha

I still bought it sha but was still marvelled at the sky rocketed price. I now decided to drive through some local markets to check how far prices of foodstuffs na there I wan begin shed tears for haves not in our society. How will dey cope with soaring food prices. The Alhaja that supplies grains to our estate started telling me that food prices this year don pass winch. It’s now normal for one to expect new prices of foodstuffs every fuccking week in Nigeria. shocked

Pls if you’re a family man,this is not the time to be giving birth like house rats...give birth to at least none grin at most two kids for now. my honest advice.

One cup of rice =150
One cup of beans=200
Cup of garri=70
Cup of sugar=150
Cup of flour=170
Titus sardine=400
Mackerel fish=850
Big Tuber of yam=1200

Pls can we know the current prices of food stuffs in your current location. Make we know who to blame,Buhari or middlemen or dollar.
Buying in bulk is the best thing now oo..but not everyone can afford to stock the house cos buying one one go finish your money sharpaly and d food no go reach you..God no go shame us.
Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by BigSarah(f): 2:08pm On Oct 24, 2021
What cup are you referring to?
Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by alezzy13: 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2021
Titus N400? For where?

It's been 500-550 for over month now. Just yesterday I went to buy from my local retailer and was told e don enter 600!! Hiaah. shocked I carry my two left legs run comot.

Lord help us. sad

1 Like

Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by Midas01: 2:20pm On Oct 24, 2021
I remember sending someone money to buy 3 packs of eva big size for N5,100 including transport. It was N1,500 each then....na wa o
Zenithh:

Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by Midas01: 2:22pm On Oct 24, 2021
Last month my dad told me it was N700 in PH abi na me no hear well ?
alezzy13:
Titus N400? For where?

It's been 500-550 for over month now. Just yesterday I went to buy from my local retailer and was told e don enter 600!! Hiaah. shocked I carry my two left legs run comot.

Lord help us. sad
Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by Midas01: 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2021
Please keep quiet.

Every single person including Dangote is feeling the brunt of Buhari Govt.
PrinceOfLagos:

Then why are you complaining as if you were forced to buy Eva water that you cannot afford

1 Like

Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by PrinceOfLagos: 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2021
ifytrik:
The reason he buys eva water instead of pure water is because eva water are meant for humans and not gods, and besides why don't you buy water from borehole instead of pure water? Or better still go to the river and fetch water instead of waisting your money to buy water. As for the reason he is still single at his age, it's none of your business mr man, he is incharge of his life and he will marry when he thinks is right fo him to marry, he can even decide not to marry, it's still none of your business, if been single makes him happy then so be it.
It's just not right for man in his late 30's or early 40's be seen pricing stuffs and dragging space with women in the market

God created Eve for a reason
Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by PrinceOfLagos: 2:24pm On Oct 24, 2021
Midas01:
Please keep quiet.

Every single person including Dangote is feeling the brunt of Buhari Govt.
Dangote is not feeling the brunt
Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by blackmantis: 2:25pm On Oct 24, 2021
Zenithh:

One cup of rice =150
One cup of beans=200
Cup of garri=70
Cup of sugar=150
Cup of flour=170
Titus sardine=400
Mackerel fish=850
Big Tuber of yam=1200

Exactly the same price here but pure water is N240.
Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by alezzy13: 2:36pm On Oct 24, 2021
Midas01:
Last month my dad told me it was N700 in PH abi na me no hear well ?

Na wao l!!
Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by realstars: 2:39pm On Oct 24, 2021
Nijar Na Wah!
Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by ifytrik(m): 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

It's just not right for man in his late 30's or early 40's be seen pricing stuffs and dragging space with women in the market

Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by Mossadd: 2:57pm On Oct 24, 2021
johnmartus:
Liar
are you cursed?what is lie in what he wrote? Perhaps you are still being giving free food by your papa and mama at home thats why you are talking nonsense or you are just simply defending your useless president
Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by 22o62021: 3:11pm On Oct 24, 2021
See you

This morning
I went to buy rice
There are two types that I liked

The other is one cup #200
And the other #130

Bag of Notre dame satchet water is #200

I just discovered the problem of most girls now

It’s hunger

Could you believe that my ex that called me stingy one year ago said that she want to pay me a visit but I should please cook food and wait for her.

I bought the foodstuffs

And my female neighbor came to help me slice pepper

I allowed her cook the food

This girl shared the food into two and went away with half

I’m pained like this but I just rest

Next time, she no go near my kitchen

HungerBad
Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by farm2008: 4:45pm On Oct 24, 2021
Buy local rice at good price I supply destoned and polished rice. Make ur order now. Big bag 21500 and small bag 11000
Re: A Cup Of Rice Now Sells For #70 In... by Conner44: 4:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

is it really to be a helper? or to share a cursed apple and destroy every single plan he had for the human race from the day of their creation? which one?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Warning: Horrific True Life Story Don’t Read This At Night (pic) / A Week To APC Convention: Buhari To Unveil Preferred Candidate / ❗️How Chief Of Army Staff Resisted Pressure To Topple GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.